The Vampire Earth - Post Apoc/Sci-fi - Interest Thread

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

The Vampire Earth

Possessed of an unnatural hunger, the bloodthirsty Reapers have come to Earth to establish a New Order built on the harvesting of human souls. They rule the planet. And if it is night, as sure as darkness, they will come.

In the year 2022 CE, a seemingly immortal extraterrestrial race called "Kurians" has wrested control of the Earth from its inhabitants. The Kurians derive their endless lifespans from draining the "vital aura" of other life forms. To facilitate this addiction to life energy, the Kurians employ avatars known as "Reapers".

Following the Kurian takeover, many humans made the decision to serve the new overlords. These traitors, known as Quislings, are set up as members of the police and supervisory government for the Kurian Order. Nearly every other human who is not a Quisling is known as a Territorial, and is either a slave scratching out a living in various trades, or fighting with rebel organizations such as the Southern Command.

After a time, the Kurian Order reduced Earth to a technological and social Dark Age, with only the few remaining pre-2022 machines and transportation networks surviving, with most of these under Kurian control. As an incentive to good and loyal service to the Kurian Lords, Quislings are awarded bonds of various lengths of years (3, 5, 10), which protect the wearers from the Reapers. Even more sought after is the "Brass Ring". A Brass Ring ensures that one never has to fear being randomly taken by the Reapers at night, although it can be revoked and cannot be passed to one's children.

Pockets of resistance do exist, however. The main rebel group fighting the Order is known as Southern Command. A formal military (though classified by the Order as terrorists) is charged with the defense of the Ozark Free Territory.

Just a few things to underline - Whilst perfect grammar and literary skills aren't required, a standard level of English should be presented in your posts, whilst I won't judge sheets on this alone, it might make a close call tip in the favour of the better written sheet.

In terms of gear and equipment available to characters: Most guard and militia are armed with single-shot breach loaders and have little more than old felt BDU. Wolves are armed with slightly better equipment, ranging from carbines ( Think Winchester and M1 variations for the most part ) and carry a trade-mark parang. They generally favour the look of the old western Cow-boys. Cats carry trademark tiger claws and a sword along with a wide variety of weaponry. They tend to favour the average civilian dress. Bears are your walking tanks, think biker leathers and chainmail, axes and hatchets with your automatic shotguns and highpowered machine guns. Ofcourse, it's your character I'm just giving you some guidelines and generalizations.

Finally, each character should be somewhere between the ages of 16-20 as you are going to be a fresh initiate, just out of either basic training with the militia/Guard or from your ceremony as a new Hunter.

So, pop a sheet in if you're interested and we'll see where it goes.

Reserving second post for sheets and any future additions.

Current sheets:

Lunar Templar:

Ultraman950:

Muffin Button:

Mortis Nuncius:

SamtheDeathclaw:

about the hunters, do they have the psychical characteristics of the animal they are classed in (IE, claws for cats) or just enhanced senses?

Lunar Templar:
about the hunters, do they have the psychical characteristics of the animal they are classed in (IE, claws for cats) or just enhanced senses?

Just the enhanced senses, although a Cat might, for instance, file their nails in such a way they resemble claws, or a Bear might sharpen his Teeth for intimidation.

Dectomax:

Just the enhanced senses, although a Cat might, for instance, file their nails in such a way they resemble claws, or a Bear might sharpen his Teeth for intimidation.

could they have animal eyes?

Dogmatic99:

Dectomax:

Cats gain the same eyes as their feline friends upon initiation, so they, atleast, can.

Dectomax:

Lunar Templar:

ah :/ i was hoping for something more 'lycanish' since we have space vampires, which is take on it btw

Dectomax:

Dogmatic99:

Dectomax:

Cats gain the same eyes as their feline friends upon initiation, so they, atleast, can.

well i was thinking of making a cat so that works out great.

Lunar Templar:

Dectomax:

Lunar Templar:

ah :/ i was hoping for something more 'lycanish'

Well, if you wear thinking of creating a wolf, you could just just include something along the lines of thicker hair on his arms and body, sharpened teeth to appear more intimidating - something along those lines?

Dectomax:

Lunar Templar:

Dectomax:

Well, if you wear thinking of creating a wolf, you could just just include something along the lines of thicker hair on his arms and body, sharpened teeth to appear more intimidating - something along those lines?

well there are were-cats to, speaking of, what breed(s) of cat are you using? house cat or wild cat?

Lunar Templar:

Dectomax:

Lunar Templar:

well there are were-cats to, speaking of, what breed(s) of cat are you using? house cat or wild cat?

The hunters are listed after the traits they inherit. Cat's gain enhanced eye sight, reflexes and greater flexibility, allowing them to essentially free-run. They are also known for operating alone with a certain degree of independence.

Wolves inherit greater senses, better hearing, smell and reflexes and can run tirelessly for hours and work well in a pack, much like wolves of the wild.

Seeing as the question was a little confusing, I'm hoping that answers it as best I can.

Dectomax:

Lunar Templar:

Dectomax:

The hunters are listed after the traits they inherit. Cat's gain enhanced eye sight, reflexes and greater flexibility, allowing them to essentially free-run. They are also known for operating alone with a certain degree of independence.

Wolves inherit greater senses, better hearing, smell and reflexes and can run tirelessly for hours and work well in a pack, much like wolves of the wild.

Seeing as the question was a little confusing, I'm hoping that answers it as best I can.

^^;; didn't help at all.

what i meant was more along the lines of 'what effect would specific feline genealogy have?'
say, if i made her part cheetah, would she be a world class sprinter? or part tiger would that make her stronger then normal, and so on.

also, how dose one become a 'hunter?' in that world i mean. are they selected and altered or created?

Lunar Templar:

Dectomax:

Lunar Templar:

^^;; didn't help at all.

what i meant was more along the lines of 'what effect would specific feline genealogy have?'
say, if i made her part cheetah, would she be a world class sprinter? or part tiger would that make her stronger then normal, and so on.

also, how dose one become a 'hunter?' in that world i mean. are they selected and altered or created?

Ah, now that's a much better question.

After training for several months, an initiate will be lead to their specific Lifeweaver. ( The Wolves have call theirs Father Wolf, The Cats goes by Rho and The Bears have Ryu ). During the meeting, the lifeweaver will 'unlock' the traits unique to each caste ( So there are no Cheetahs/House Cats ). After the meeting the initiate will feel sick, dazed and often confused as they adapt to their new senses and abilities ( Often painfully ).

As for 'how' they are created; The Lifeweavers tap into the DNA of Humans, in which these traits lay dormant and hidden, beaten out of the system by evolution and bring them back in a sense, they just open doors we forgot.

I hope that fits better! :)

Dectomax:

Ah, now that's a much better question.

After training for several months, an initiate will be lead to their specific Lifeweaver. ( The Wolves have call theirs Father Wolf, The Cats goes by Rho and The Bears have Ryu ). During the meeting, the lifeweaver will 'unlock' the traits unique to each caste ( So there are no Cheetahs/House Cats ). After the meeting the initiate will feel sick, dazed and often confused as they adapt to their new senses and abilities ( Often painfully ).

As for 'how' they are created; The Lifeweavers tap into the DNA of Humans, in which these traits lay dormant and hidden, beaten out of the system by evolution and bring them back in a sense, they just open doors we forgot.

I hope that fits better! :)

loads better, working on a sheet now

I'm a bit tired, tell me if I messed anything up.

and done :3

ruedyn:

I'm a bit tired, tell me if I messed anything up.

Just a few things to point out. Reapers are creatures of terror, everyone within the Kurian zone knows to fear them and they have quite a stand out appearance, a black cloak made of an unknown material that they wear like Monks Robes - Also, if they can out run wolves ( Who can keep pace with a galloping horse for around a minute at full sprint ) they can out run little teddy. They also become drowsy after feeding, and even more so in daylight hours.

The only other critique would be the headphones - a Wolves hearing is superb, but when they 'harden' their senses, they could hear a pin drop a hundred metres off, so headgear would have an adverse effect. Unless they look cool. Rule of cool > :)

Lunar Templar:

Again, the only critique is the fear of the Reapers - these are terrifying creatures and ferocious in combat, anyone striking out at one may aswell be striking the Kurian in control - Although the reasoning of the Wolves stepping in helps, just be aware a Reaper could jump in the middle of a pack of atleast ten Wolves and leave with just a messy pool of meat behind.

We need some felines up in here. =3

It sounds like we're limited to WW2-era weapons. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dectomax:

Lunar Templar:

Again, the only critique is the fear of the Reapers - these are terrifying creatures and ferocious in combat, anyone striking out at one may aswell be striking the Kurian in control - Although the reasoning of the Wolves stepping in helps, just be aware a Reaper could jump in the middle of a pack of atleast ten Wolves and leave with just a messy pool of meat behind.

so, add more back up then? or something else? like Jessica's stunning lack of fear

Lunar Templar:

Dectomax:

Lunar Templar:

so, add more back up then? or something else? like Jessica's stunning lack of fear

It's up to you, I'm just giving you a little more info. :)

Dectomax:
snip

sheet edited a bit, added a bear and explained his presence

Ultraman950:

Whilst there are a whole variety of modern weapons, they are relatively rare around the Free territory. Whilst the Quislings are well equipped and maintained, the militia and Hunters of Southern Command are equipped in a more rag-tag manner, given their limited access to arms manufacturing facilities.

Dectomax:
Just a few things to point out. Reapers are creatures of terror, everyone within the Kurian zone knows to fear them and they have quite a stand out appearance, a black cloak made of an unknown material that they wear like Monks Robes - Also, if they can out run wolves ( Who can keep pace with a galloping horse for around a minute at full sprint ) they can out run little teddy. They also become drowsy after feeding, and even more so in daylight hours.

The only other critique would be the headphones - a Wolves hearing is superb, but when they 'harden' their senses, they could hear a pin drop a hundred metres off, so headgear would have an adverse effect. Unless they look cool. Rule of cool > :)

I was thinking he was a mostly gun user, and with his hearing he'd go deaf without something helping him. Also, yeah rule of cool >_>

And I know I didn't elaborate too much, but the reaper was attacking him and his friends, who probably would've split up a bit. I'll still change a few things.

Dectomax:

Ultraman950:

Whilst there are a whole variety of modern weapons, they are relatively rare around the Free territory. Whilst the Quislings are well equipped and maintained, the militia and Hunters of Southern Command are equipped in a more rag-tag manner, given their limited access to arms manufacturing facilities.

Soooooo could she get away with using, say, a pair of P90 SMGs? That's what I had down at first, but then I noticed the older weapons others had.

Ultraman950:

Dectomax:

Ultraman950:

Soooooo could she get away with using, say, a pair of P90 SMGs? That's what I had down at first, but then I noticed the older weapons others had.

As a Cat, I'd say you could get away with a single P90, maybe a bit weathered and beaten up.

Single P90 it is!

Changed my character to a Bear as I realised that most people were going with the Wolves.

This looks interesting. Will probably have a sheet up today or tomorrow.

Deu Sex:
This looks interesting. Will probably have a sheet up today or tomorrow.

Look forward to seeing the sheet!

Glad to see the interest growing for this! :)

Alright, it's quite apparant that Bears are generally hand-to-hand fighters, but would it be unconventional for one to carry around very high-power firearms, if only for close-quarters?

EDIT: *facepalm*

Nevermind. Found the paragraph.

i have a question for a second character.

can hunters be multi generational? like a second or maybe thrid gen hunter that got their enhanced ability's from their parents instead of the lifeweaver?

Lunar Templar:

can hunters be multi generational? like a second or maybe thrid gen hunter that got their enhanced ability's from their parents instead of the lifeweaver?

Yes, though not quite as potent as the powers unlocked by The Lifeweavers. So say of your characters parent was a Bear, you might have a slightly faster healing process than normal, but not on par with an actual Bear.

Dectomax:

Lunar Templar:

Yes, though not quite as potent as the powers unlocked by The Lifeweavers. So say of your characters parent was a Bear, you might have a slightly faster healing process than normal, but not on par with an actual Bear.

the hard part of the question.

dose that apply to offspring who parents where both hunters of the same caste? (there for having 'pure hunter blood')

Lunar Templar:

Dectomax:

Lunar Templar:

the hard part of the question.

dose that apply to offspring who parents where both hunters of the same caste? (there for having 'pure hunter blood')

Even with 'pure' blood so to speak, the effects would be diluted.

Dectomax:

Even with 'pure' blood so to speak, the effects would be diluted.

and what effect would a life weaver have on these 'hunter 1.1's?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked