In The Eye of The Collector (Closed, started, seeking Co-GM)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Hello guys. This is an old rp idea I'd been working on for the past year or too, but haven't gotten to really use. So, I thought I'd try it here.

Premise
This is a co-op adventure rp set in a semi-futuristic Earth. This setting combines by real and fictional regions from various fandoms, such as Equestria or Hogwarts Academy and so on. The overall goal is to travel to different parts of the world that have been occupied by a powerful army led by a mysterious being and liberate them.

The Story

Knowing your enemy
In this rp, you will face a The Collective, which is a force made up characters from various fandom as well as original characters. They are as follows

Your Character
Considering the nature of this rp, you are free to be nearly anything or anyone you wish-within reason, be a character from a beloved tv, anime, movie, etc, to an OC that you create yourself.

However, please note:
1. DBZ characters, or DBZ-type characters are banned from this rp. It would make things too easy to go ssj5 and kamehaha everything to smithereens.
2. I'm only allowing one, I repeat, 1 time-traveler or dimension traveling character.
3. If I see any mary-sue/marty-sue characters, either make/choose another character or you ain't playing.

Character sheets are as follows:

Rules
1. The obvious one, bad roleplaying such as metagaming, power-playing, godmodding and so on will not be tolerated. Cursing, violence and a little gore and sexuality is okay. However, anything grotesquely gorey or overtly sexual is not allowed. You want to cyber, take it to pm
2. Listen to the GM and Co-GM.
3. Keep OOC to a minimum. If you want to have a full conversation in OOC, take it to pm.
4. Try to give at least one post a day. I want to keep things moving here, so make sure everyone can at least put in one post a day to keep the action flowing. If you can't post, you may sign your character over to someone you trust during your absense.
5. Be respectful. We don't need to get childish and have a bunch of fights and crap here. Please be respectful to one another.
6. Have fun!

This looks like a lot of fun, I'd be interested in using a geomancer I designed a while back.

Iiiiiiiiiiit's TRADX TIME!

This is gonna be fun.

I'd like to tweak a character I used for Shadowrun a while back. I always wanted a reason to use him again.

world_of_dragons:

5. Be respectful. We don't need to get childish and have a bunch of fights and crap here. Please be respectful to one another.

by "childish" would you exclude a character that's snarky and a bit of a douche?

PunkyMcGee:

by "childish" would you exclude a character that's snarky and a bit of a douche?

Hope they are not excluded. Snarky characters are more memorable.

SkullKing84:

PunkyMcGee:

Hope they are not excluded. Snarky characters are more memorable.

and more fun to play. but I've been in groups that take it personally when I throw snark in their direction.

I don't know what i was thinking but i like him.

funny, 'fanon characters' allowed, and first things that springs to mind 'oh, Justice, she doesn't get nearly enough love'

Lunar Templar:
funny, 'fanon characters' allowed, and first things that springs to mind 'oh, Justice, she doesn't get nearly enough love'

i feel as though i should know the reference. but i can't put my finger on it.

PunkyMcGee:

Lunar Templar:

i feel as though i should know the reference. but i can't put my finger on it.

I am highly interested. I'll come up with something soon.

Here is my entry, I think you'll like it.

::::UPDATED::::

o.o Holy crap, I forgot all about this thread since I didn't get much attention before.

Oh, and to answer Punky, you can play a Snarky character. What I meant was the players need to be respectful to themselves. I tend to get enough drama than rp in IMVU, so saying it was kind of a reflex.

Here's mine. I believe I have perhaps one or two cs that I'm waiting for, so I'll post the list accepted characters when I get it. Other than that and the fact I need to update some of the info and make corrections, I'm still awaiting for someone who wishes to Co-GM with me.

-Name: Bernhard 'Buddy' Baker AKA Animal Man

-Fandom: DC Comics, 'Animal Man'.

-Appearance: image

-Background: Buddy is the supposed avatar of the Red, the elemental force of animal life, with the ability to mimic the abilities of animal nearby. His life was turned upside down when it was revealed his young daughter, Maxine, was in fact the Red's avatar. Hunted by agents of the Rot, the elemental force of decay, Buddy is forced to go on the run and protect his family at all costs. At some point, the Bakers were tracked down by the Collective, and Buddy was seperated from his family. Without him to protect his inexperienced daughter, who knows what will happen in his abscence...

-Equipment & Weapons: Nothing but his costume, really.

-Abilities & Talents: Buddy can tap into the 'life web', and take the collective abilities of any animals nearby for his own to use, such as an ant's proportional strength or the flight of a bird.

Viking Incognito:
sniped

imo that weapon sounds way OP. the ability to "atomize a tank" sounds too easy. but i'm not GM so is just a thoguht. don't hold it aganst me.

PunkyMcGee:

Viking Incognito:
sniped

imo that weapon sounds way OP. the ability to "atomize a tank" sounds too easy. but i'm not GM so is just a thoguht. don't hold it aganst me.

Perhaps, but we, for the most part wouldn't be going up against tanks. But I will say that perhaps you should tone that down a bit, like say the weapon needs some cool time after a fully charged blast or something to that effect.

)
Hope I did that right! EDIT: I see that the man who posted before me is also fond of suits. :( Should I change what my character is wearing, or what?

newfoundsky:

Hope I did that right! EDIT: I see that the man who posted before me is also fond of suits. :( Should I change what my character is wearing, or what?

nah, my guy has a suit too. but that because that's what's in the drawing that was made.

drmigit2:

Yeah, your guy looks like he has too many weapons and stuff available right off the bat. His abilities I don't have a problem with, but you gotta tone down the arsenal a bit.

world_of_dragons:

drmigit2:

Yeah, your guy looks like he has too many weapons and stuff available right off the bat. His abilities I don't have a problem with, but you gotta tone down the arsenal a bit.

Mostly they consist of ammo and mines, but I mean his most powerful weapons are his rocket launcher and his machine guns. The swords are a bit gimmicky but almost all of his other gadgets exist purely for comedic effect.

@world_of_dragons: i updated my appearance and inventory if you want to look it over.

Okay, I've updated the op with the accepted characters. I've decided to take a gamble since there's a lot of characters here, but I'll see if I can manage. I still need a Co-GM though. Anyway we'll start today at about 4 pm EST.

Yay! I made it in. Came very close to using Slender man. :P

I'd be happy to co-gm :)

what would the duties of co-gm have?

oh and are we gonna have sudo-dice rolls or just wing it?

sudo-dice work well I have found.

The Clown:

What are you talking about? I haven't rp'd on this thread for a good while. Also, a Co-GM would help divide up the work, such as narrative, controlling certain NPC such as the boss characters. Inquire by pm for more info

world_of_dragons:

The Clown:

What are you talking about? I haven't rp'd on this thread for a good while. Also, a Co-GM would help divide up the work, such as narrative, controlling certain NPC such as the boss characters. Inquire by pm for more info

sudo-dice rolling is rolling thoguh a computer program/app or the honor system (wich only works if you know who your playing with can be trusted not to cheat.) vs saying i want to do attack X at enemy Y and leting the GM say what happens.

Hm, okay, that sounds good.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked