on the run: an FTL roleplay (recruitment thread)

i have had a fantabulous idea.

an FTL roleplay! here's the premise, i need at least 10 of you lot to send in a char sheet (template below) t

name:

speciality:

species:

personality:

each species has a different pro and con to it:

human: better at repairs and subsystem management, but takes more damage from fire and air loss

mantis: faster moving and good for attack, but can't repair or work the helm to save their lives

engi: very effective at controlling systems and piloting, but useless in combat

rockmen: takes much less damage from fires and asphyxiation, but move slowly

slugs: very fast moving and can resist air loss well enough, but will whither in seconds in intense heat.

when we land on different systems, there will sometimes be a hazard:

solar flares: spike every 120 seconds, and cause fires throughout the ship

asteroids: collide with the ship, causing damage to hull and subsystems

nebulae: enemy is difficult to hit due to sensors being fogged.

pirates: hidden enemies that will launch a surprise attack

how to play: simple, send your sheets in, and I'll consider them. the strongest sheet will be the commander, who makes the major decisions, his word is final. no questions asked. upon landing on a system I'll throw a random even at you, and you must figure out how best to handle it. i will also control enemy ships. no augmenting reality, that's my job.

each sector has a random assortment of points decided by me (no more then 10) them being:

shop: buy/sell stuff and repair the ship (commander makes this decision, but others can advise him)

distress beacon: 50/50 chance of it either being a trap or a ship you must spend a small amount of resources to help, they will, however pay you back for it.

powered down drone: you can either board it and strip it of material, or attempt to download it's data banks, but risk activating it.

standard point: nothing special, sometimes a random event.

sectors. sectors all have different types depending on who controls them:

civilian: peaceful, with more shops

hostile: fewer shops, and more hostile encounters

nebulae: do i need to explain this?

rebel: you can try to grind through here for better loot, but be prepared for a hard fight.

resources you're gonna need to keep an eye on these, they can be salvaged from destroyed ships or random events, or bought from shops.

fuel: one unit is used every 2 jumps,

missiles: one is used every time you fire the missile launcher

drone parts: used to operate drones

scrap: currency

other important stuff: http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Wiki_Content

damage: damage and the results of it

hull breach: drains air from the affected area

fire: damages systems and people who air near it

air system failure: oxygen level goes down until repairs go to it

EMP: affected system is temporarily disabled

this is your ship:

now get going!

Awesome Idea! I got this game a few days ago and have been loving every bit of it. Expect a sheet from me soon.

*sigh* i feared this wouldn't catch on. *sniff* i'll try again another time, maybe i should advertise it more...

It's only been a day and the the forums are always quiet on the weekend. P.s. I should have a sheet up by this evening.

All my pilot characters are called this. (in the game and in the forum)

Dogmatic99:
It's only been a day and the the forums are always quiet on the weekend. P.s. I should have a sheet up by this evening.

All my pilot characters are called this. (in the game and in the forum)

sheet accepted, welcome to the crew, zeke.

OP if you format your original post better you will be much more likely to attract people. If you want I'd be glad to help. :)

CaptainHook69:
OP if you format your original post better you will be much more likely to attract people. If you want I'd be glad to help. :)

help would be....helpful. but yes, tell me what needs fixing

Well for one capitals help, and spoliers for the differnet sections(e.g. one for character sheets, one for the races(I also suggest you expand of this section as you've only gotten their strenghts and weaknesses and no "fluff" if you will) also it's generally polite to put pictures in spoilers for those internet users who may have slow internet as they can take a while to load, not a rule but generally considered nice)

If you don't know how to do a spoiler box you jsut type:

[ s p o i l e r = ] [ / s p o i l e r ]

^^ like that but without the spaces. The writing goes inbetween these ][ and the name of the spoiler goes next to the equals =

And if you want I'd be glad to help you expand on your universe as it tends to help create a fuller and funner roleplaying experience :)

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked