Shadowrun: Death Valley (Open- signup)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

SHADOWRUN: DEATH VALLEY

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Game Information:

Set in the near future, Shadowrun is a world filled with advanced technology and arcane magics, corporate control and political scheming, subtle maneuvering and blazing gun barrels. Most of this comes from Hiei82's ongoing Shadowrun game:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.375766-The-Limit-of-Infinity-A-Shadowrun-RP-Sign-up-Thread-Closed

World:

Disclaimer: The world of Shadowrun has more elements than I can possibly explain in such a limited space, so I will explain only the most basic and important elements for ease of understanding. If you have any specific questions, PM me or check the Shadowrun Wikia (link below).

Technology:

Technology has advanced dramatically in the last 60+ years. The most notable of these innovations fall into one of two groups: The Matrix or Meta-Human Augmentation

Magic:

On December 21, 2012, magic returned to the world of man. It, like so many changes, came quickly and without warning. At midnight, the world shook - volcano's the world over erupted, earthquakes, tsunamis and storms appeared, as if to reckon the end of times. And, from around the world, Dragons flew to reclaim their lairs. The Mayan's fifth world had ended, and the Sixth had begun. People with magic are rare and few people can ever claim to have met a truly awakened person. Magic itself however, flows through the world, and people can see its effects everyday - from the images of dragons flying over their lairs to the devil-rats that infest every city.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Creation
Name and/or Alias: What your character's name? What is he/she called on the streets?
Age & Gender: Quite clear I hope
Race: Races include Elves, Dwarves, Humans, Orcs, and Trolls. If you wish to be something more exotic (From A.I. to Pixie), PM me for approval.
Height & Weight: More simple questions.
Type: Just a general description of what your character does (e.g. Adept Warrior, Technomancer Rigger, Street-Samurai, etc)
Appearance: What your character looks like.
History: What your character has done until now? What kind of life he has lived until now? This is good place to explain a few facts of the topic below this one.
Reason to be here/things to do: Why, against all odds, do you want to live in the Shadows?
Personality: Well, again, this is maybe quite complex, but lets other people to see more clearly the reason behind your actions.
Notable skills: Both in combat and outside of it. Do you swing a sword, cast spells, silently sneak around, use big guns and cyber-ware, etc? What do you know - are you a conspiracy theorist, are you a Lovecraft buff? etc.
Equipment: Note anything worth mentioning on your character. What weapons you have, what armor, B&E equipment? chemicals? drugs? etc
Contacts: In the shadows, its often more about who you know than what you know.
Other: Anything else that makes an impact on your character? Character hooks you would like me to try and work in. etc.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you have any questions, I encourage you to PM me or leave a post below and I will do my best to answer it.

If you need help making a character concept work, please feel free to ask - I'm always open to try to help someone make a great character.

Shadowrun Wikia

Character List:

hiei82:

Shadowstar38:

drmigit2:

Birdfalcon:

3quency:

Ryans Solution:

FalloutJack:

Character List II (If needed):

Terratina:

Mr.Ivebeenframed:

eyesonflux:

Any chance of a brief overview of the story?

MortifiedPenguin:
Any chance of a brief overview of the story?

Shadowrun party is hired by the Yakuza to hunt down a man. The man walked into an exclusive private school two days prior and opened fire on a classroom. The Yakuza underboss's son was in the class and is currently in a coma. The gunman was a Yakuza associate, so the Yak's want outside contractors for the job (suspecting others in their organization might be against them). The Yak contractor gives the party a personnel file containing the background of the guy (ex-military, gun smuggler, etc.) and contact info. (address's for a mother and ex-wife). Negotiate a price (50K to 100K). They want the man delivered alive.

Oh I am so going to be a summoner. Plan to destroy the world with a dragon ftw!

Adept, Decker, or Technomancer... Decisions Decisions.
I'll probably have a sheet in tomorrow.

drmigit2:

Well, it's not like summoning can ever go wrong *whistles nonchalantly*

Now. I submit either:

Or

depending on what is needed. (also, I can't decide who is more fun)

hiei82:

drmigit2:

Well, it's not like summoning can ever go wrong *whistles nonchalantly*

Now. I submit either:

Or

depending on what is needed. (also, I can't decide who is more fun)

Considering I am going to be an absolute maniac too...yeah I will be avoiding the elementals. That or summoning them far far away, then unbinding them and letting them go apeshit or something. Who says it needs to be on my side? As long as it kills everything near it and I am far the hell away, who cares?

Also, for hiei, I like Moonlighter a lot more.

@Hiei I did not read your sheets before making mine, but yeah Archive would overlap a bit with Mondaine. I like Moonlighter a lot too.

Asclepion:
-Shadow-Snip-

I'm old hat at Shadowrun (3rd and 4th Ed experience), but frankly I always hope for a little fluidity for fun's sake. To whit: There's something I always wanted to try, but never got the chance. I wanted to work at the notion of the shockingly hinted-at idea of an awakened animal shaman. More specifically, I'm requesting permission to create and control 'Human Shaman of Dog, subsection Bogie Shaman' with at least one such a beast kept as a 'pet'.

Name and/or Alias:Kristoff Jameson (The revrend, The Heir to the name, The Black Knight)
Age & Gender: mid 30s male
Race:Human
Height & Weight: More simple questions.
Type: Adept Bounty hunter/Vigilante Revrend
Appearance: Black hair and blue eyes, caucasian and martial artist's build
History: Kristoff is the decendat of a marshal of the legendary wild west town tombstone. And followed in his namesake's carrer choice. becoming a lonestar opertive in new pheonix. He was selcted to lead the elite SWAT division of the lonestar branch known as the Ranger Squad and become Ranger 1. after a failed mission setup by crooked members of his precient Kris was arrested and charged with the crimes the crooked members were accused of and charged with the murder of his squadmates. Kris later escaped custody and travelled to what was once new york city and became a vigiante shadowrunner protecting those who the corps could not or would not in 2065 he was taken in by a local undercity curch and became thier leader using his security team as a non lethal vigilante gang and destroying the corp office that ran his city. nearly 20 years later in 2080 Kris has come to gomorrah a city of sin much like his old city with the same message of peace and hope "Justice is coming...Justice is done"

Reason to be here/things to do: To Bring justice to those who lonestar cant or wont
Notable skills: Black belt level Martial artist, firearms and CQC expert Oylpmic level athlete adept spell caster
Equipment: :Taser sheiild full body armor jump suit shock gloves colt m1991 pistol m4 rifle spas shotgun and survial knife

General Gear: ammounition for guns 100 count, taser dart 200 count, flash bang gernades 20 count
Contacts:Strippers,Lonestar opertives and forensnic scientists
Other: Quiet and often reserved, Miltary minded and dsiplinced, wont take a bounty job unless theres a good moral reason behind it (in his words "runners that take a job no questions ask are a dime a dozen....I actually have something called "ehtics")

Sooo tempted to bring in Charlie into this...

I really shouldn't. Just started university, I'll probably have enough taking up time as is...

But what the hell. I'd be interested, probably as a hacker or decker. Dependent on what the party needs. But I'm busy right now so no character submissions until later today.

EDIT: Unt here ve are. Hope she seems okay.

Of the character sheets submitted so far:

Hiei82

Shadowstar38

3quency

Accepted! :D

drmigit2

Kind of on the fence. You've done well in the last game though, I'd have to see how you play it.

Birdfalcon

Mostly good. Minor points- It's easier to read equipment lists if they're pointed, or at least have commas.
20 flashbang grenades is a lot for a single person to carry. Add 200 taser darts, clips for multiple firearms, shock gloves, body armor- he's a walking arsenal. I don't mind this, and it goes with the vigilante idea. But it's still a significant amount of weight.

Remember- you can acquire weapons and equipment as you need them. You don't have to carry everything on your back all the time. Better to have contacts with access to gear, and change your loadout in preparation for the run.

FalloutJack:

Asclepion:
-Shadow-Snip-

I'm old hat at Shadowrun (3rd and 4th Ed experience), but frankly I always hope for a little fluidity for fun's sake. To whit: There's something I always wanted to try, but never got the chance. I wanted to work at the notion of the shockingly hinted-at idea of an awakened animal shaman. More specifically, I'm requesting permission to create and control 'Human Shaman of Dog, subsection Bogie Shaman' with at least one such a beast kept as a 'pet'.

So it's like a magic dog handler, and the dogs are paranormal beasts? Sounds neat. There's nothing immediately wrong with that.

Asclepion:
Heh

Bogie is an awakened animal, a Critter, the Shadowrun equivalent of the Baskerville Hound. I have...hang on. Here.

I don't have time right NOW to work on a profile, but I believe I could work out something in the evening.

Still accepting people? :P

For Mr.Ivebeenframed? We always have space for you :3

[

Birdfalcon

Mostly good. Minor points- It's easier to read equipment lists if they're pointed, or at least have commas.
20 flashbang grenades is a lot for a single person to carry. Add 200 taser darts, clips for multiple firearms, shock gloves, body armor- he's a walking arsenal. I don't mind this, and it goes with the vigilante idea. But it's still a significant amount of weight.

Remember- you can acquire weapons and equipment as you need them. You don't have carry everything on your back all the time. Better to have contacts with access to gear, and change your loadout in preparation for the run.

Yeah I figured as much the rifle, shotgun and body armor he would only really use when A tatical Miltary style strike is called for. He's Ex-lonestar and uses his old contacts to get jobs. for patrols he would rely more on his pistol maybe 5 flashbangs and his adept/martial arts skils. So that being said, am I approved?

[

Asclepion:
Of the character sheets submitted so far:

Hiei82

Shadowstar38

3quency

Accepted! :D

drmigit2

Kind of on the fence. You've done well in the last game though, I'd have to see how you play it.

Birdfalcon

Remember- you can acquire weapons and equipment as you need them. You don't have carry everything on your back all the time. Better to have contacts with access to gear, and change your loadout in preparation for the run.

FalloutJack:

Asclepion:
-Shadow-Snip-

So it's like a magic dog handler, and the dogs are paranormal beasts? Sounds neat. There's nothing immediately wrong with that.

I would play Mondaine pretty straight, but with ulterior motives. He is basically trying to start a cult that would summon a dragon. Not too dissimilar from what one would find in any D&D game.

Yo Asclepion, I just had an idea for another contact that I've stuck on the end of my sheet. Is the character still okay?

Last Edit: 29/09/12

I'll have a sheet up later today, so don't count me out.

Let's see if this works for you.

Will post a sheet later today as well.

I will have a character sheet tommorow

LAST EDIT: 28/09/12 19:50:30

And it's not Charlie, surprisingly. Comments and criticism welcome.

Languages, forgot languages.

Hm. A young Elf from Tir na nOg. Our characters are either going to instantly click or absolutely loathe each other.

Hmmm... Depends whether both characters are going to get over their prejudices or not...

Then again, they are pretty friendly characters so maybe they will get on...

We shall see...

Just as long as Ziggy remembers that when Scots call you a c**t it's a good thing, we should be alright :L

As long as Jade doesn't mind being called 'darling'. It works both ways :p.

We have a plethora of elves. There are elves everywhere.

Asclepion:
We have a plethora of elves. There are elves everywhere.

I could pretty easily make Mondaine a human. In fact that would probably be better. Let me go change that right now.

---- nvm, wrong guy

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked