Hope & Change - A USA Elections RP, interest thread

I want to see if people would care about this kind of RP. I'm not promising anything.

Hello ladies and gents.

This RP will be about a fictitious USA election starting from the primaries to the general elections. You will be playing as either the candidate of a certain party (even if you are a third party), an industry tycoon or a Journalist. You will have control over a cast of NPCs including campaign managers, lobbyists and fact checkers respectively.

I will play as the world, throwing different events at you from general news in the world to local USA news like an attempted terrorist attack or a war in the middle east.

The year is 2012, the previous one-term Democratic president John Smith had died in a car crash and with a vice-president the nation doesn't trust the Democratic party's prominent members see an opportunity to lead the party themselves. Lets assume that the same events which had happened in our world while Barak Obama was in charge happened also while John Smith was president.

Do you have any suggestions, remarks, criticism?

I have one question: How will you keep this from turning into a political shit-storm over the real election going on?

Grim327:
I have one question: How will you keep this from turning into a political shit-storm over the real election going on?

In this political ring, we make the conditions in which we play. If a player makes aggressive moves, the others have to respond accordingly. Will they condemn him, or crack up the heat?
I don't see why this would be much of a problem. You create your character with your own pros and cons, things the public is aware of and dirty little secrets you want nobody to find out... but perhaps some aspiring journalist will just out the Republican presidential candidate to be a gay man. Who knows?
Hopefully we can be smart enough to not have this turn into a political shit-storm. Anyway, we will be starting this out in the primary elections of both parties before the elections. I don't know if we will catch up to real events or not.

I'd play. Are we bound to real world political affiliations? Or can I invent a third party with its own interests and history? I suppose what i'd like to know is how serious you intend for the tone of this rp to be and how closely its supposed to mirror real life events?

Khedive Rex:
I'd play. Are we bound to real world political affiliations? Or can I invent a third party with its own interests and history? I suppose what i'd like to know is how serious you intend for the tone of this rp to be and how closely its supposed to mirror real life events?

It depends on the players. You can play as a third party candidate... To be honest I haven't given this much thought.

Interesting I'll admit. I'd join but I think shit-bro meter of mine would implode and take me with it. I'll see as more information is posted and reactions go on.

Raynoson:
Interesting I'll admit. I'd join but I think shit-bro meter of mine would implode and take me with it. I'll see as more information is posted and reactions go on.

I wasn't expecting a lot of people to be interested, but I wanted to test the waters here before I plan anything out.

You have my interest. More so if the tone is less serious than real world politics.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked