Veneficus Terminus - A Magical Adventure RP (CLOSED, NOT STARTED)

Pages PREV 1 2

CaptainHook69:

TheIronRuler:

CaptainHook69:
I'm writing a sheet right now, just needs a little bit more work.

I'm having trouble with him both having mastery of martial arts (in general? Is there one in particular? Does he know more than one?) and over firearms. Try and see how creating a whole sphere of "weapon mastery" is kinda OP. Just a thought, you can keep it at that but I would love it if you could better explain this portion.

Furthermore, the age. Now, I think this age fits the character but you better RP according to your age and not act like an old sage who knows everything (You being the master of all martial arts and can shoot a fig off a tree four hundred yards away with a bb-gun).

He isn't a master at martial arts or firearms, just trained in the use of both, as in he could hit a target in defense of his life but is no where near a master or even military standards of firearm use. Same with his martial arts, he is trained in quite a few and would easyly defeat your average joe in a hand-to-hand fight and could probably win against your usual run of the mill martial artist but he is by no means Batman and would be in serious trouble if faced with a true martial artist. I hope I can better explain it in his bio but that will have to wait untill tomorrow as it is 12:21 AM here and I'm about to fall asleep.

That's better than what I've assumed you meant.

All done :) sorry it took so long, I've been rather busy lately.

Before I hand in a Char-sheet, I have three questions:

1. What century/period in time is this set? (Gives me a better understanding of the environment it's set towards)

2. What would be the dead-line when you stop accepting and start the RP?

and 3. What is not allowed in terms of character(s)? (aside from Mary sueing, trench-coating, power-playing)

If possible I'd like to reserve a spot and I will have one for you in a few days. (two days max. after I get a reply)

I also would like to jump in this, but it is super late where i am. I'll have a character sheet up tomorrow.

Hullo, ruler! Mind reserving me a Voodoo priest?

willofbob:
Hullo, ruler! Mind reserving me a Voodoo priest?

There aren't a lot of people lining up. Plus, I can have up to 2 with that House.

Son of Songhai:
I also would like to jump in this, but it is super late where i am. I'll have a character sheet up tomorrow.

Sure, at your leisure.

That Annoying Guy:
Before I hand in a Char-sheet, I have three questions:

1. What century/period in time is this set? (Gives me a better understanding of the environment it's set towards)

2. What would be the dead-line when you stop accepting and start the RP?

and 3. What is not allowed in terms of character(s)? (aside from Mary sueing, trench-coating, power-playing)

If possible I'd like to reserve a spot and I will have one for you in a few days. (two days max. after I get a reply)

1. Modern, 2012.
2. To infinity and beyond. So far I have around 4 sheets in hand and I'm expecting 8 at the very least.
3. I'm not sure what to add. Don't be overpowered (but I pretty much restricted what you will do here) and try to stick with your skillset when you play the game.

CaptainHook69:

All done :) sorry it took so long, I've been rather busy lately.

Alright, sheet looks good (though things like " one of the largest military research companies in American" will get some treatment from me.). Are you pulling some Tony Stark here?
I'm going to use that fringe group, unless you want them as your personal entourage.

willofbob:

Alright bring on the zombies!!!

Now I have to say I'm not too thrilled about the story, also, is this going to play like a story/dialogue based RP or game RP?

willofbob:

Your character is willing to help his master just because of their bond together? Sounds neat. Character looks fine. I'm surprised to see Voodoo in Britain.

That Annoying Guy:

Now I have to say I'm not too thrilled about the story, also, is this going to play like a story/dialogue based RP or game RP?

Don't worry yourself about the plot - what I have told you is merely the beginning. It wouldn't be fun without some twists, turns, murders and eldritch abominations, would it?

Very nice reason for his participation, I can see further friction with the house elders. You can have an arena name as a play of words on your name, change it up a bit.
What's your favorite element you use? Do you pull fire out of thin air - and if so, how? An example for it would be special gloves that won't catch on fire or an arm-guard to set half of your arm ablaze and send it on forward. Let your imagination run wild.

TheIronRuler:

Don't worry yourself about the plot - what I have told you is merely the beginning. It wouldn't be fun without some twists, turns, murders and eldritch abominations, would it?

Very nice reason for his participation, I can see further friction with the house elders. You can have an arena name as a play of words on your name, change it up a bit.
What's your favorite element you use? Do you pull fire out of thin air - and if so, how? An example for it would be special gloves that won't catch on fire or an arm-guard to set half of your arm ablaze and send it on forward. Let your imagination run wild.

Oh no don't get me wrong, when I said "I wasn't too thrilled about the plot" I was referring to my character bio. Sorry for the mix up. Here's the finalized version

Ridicule your character? Okay, mother.

willofbob:

What did you mean here?

Hope this is acceptable.

TheIronRuler:

willofbob:

What did you mean here?

mother nature

Hahhahahaha I just got that.

Fishtie:
Hope this is acceptable.

What's his and his fringe group's association with the Roman House? Their sphere of influence includes Russia among other orthodox Christian nations.

TheIronRuler:

Fishtie:
TL;DR

What's his and his fringe group's association with the Roman House? Their sphere of influence includes Russia among other orthodox Christian nations.

I'd imagine that the two houses might have bumped heads a bit back when Rasputinov was at the height of it's power, but these days the Rasputinov House probably tries to just keep it's head down mostly, bowing and scraping a bit when necessary. Though I suppose it could explain through osmosis how dispelling entered the houses' skill set.

As for Timur himself he would probably tend to ignore them. I suppose to a certain level it would depend on what they think of his 'faith healing' shtick.

TheIronRuler:
Snip

Sorry for not commenting sooner, Iv'e decided I don't like my other character an if there isn't a problem I'd like to use this one. If there is a problem please say and I shall fix it.

Fishtie:

TheIronRuler:

Fishtie:
TL;DR

I'd imagine that the two houses might have bumped heads a bit back when Rasputinov was at the height of it's power, but these days the Rasputinov House probably tries to just keep it's head down mostly, bowing and scraping a bit when necessary. Though I suppose it could explain through osmosis how dispelling entered the houses' skill set.

As for Timur himself he would probably tend to ignore them. I suppose to a certain level it would depend on what they think of his 'faith healing' shtick.

I don't think the other houses would appreciate you identifying as a member of the Rasputinov house seeing as it's a small fringe group. You can still do that and probably should, but you ought to remember that.

CaptainHook69:

TheIronRuler:
Snip

Sorry for not commenting sooner, Iv'e decided I don't like my other character an if there isn't a problem I'd like to use this one. If there is a problem please say and I shall fix it.

Three notes - I like what you did here. Technically the fringe group fights for itself but if it wins it actually wins for the Voodoo house, allowing the house to have up to three opponents. Another note - fringe group members from the same house don't fight each other - there can only be one representing the fringe group. However I would like to know what you would do if pitted against a Voodoo House mage.

Question - Is there currently a zombie you keep around with you? Is s/he skilled in any combat or magical knowledge? Does it act on your behalf, etc. or will you awaken your dead during the tournament?
I like this a lot.

TheIronRuler:

Fishtie:

TheIronRuler:

I don't think the other houses would appreciate you identifying as a member of the Rasputinov house seeing as it's a small fringe group. You can still do that and probably should, but you ought to remember that.

CaptainHook69:

TheIronRuler:
Snip

Three notes - I like what you did here. Technically the fringe group fights for itself but if it wins it actually wins for the Voodoo house, allowing the house to have up to three opponents. Another note - fringe group members from the same house don't fight each other - there can only be one representing the fringe group. However I would like to know what you would do if pitted against a Voodoo House mage.

Question - Is there currently a zombie you keep around with you? Is s/he skilled in any combat or magical knowledge? Does it act on your behalf, etc. or will you awaken your dead during the tournament?
I like this a lot.

Ok I'll fix that and re-write my sheet and add about the possiblity of meeting a Voodoo House mage.

About that I was wondering what you think of Samuel having a "ragman" or a zombie made of sew together body parts then reanimated?

CaptainHook69:

TheIronRuler:

Fishtie:

CaptainHook69:

I like this a lot.

Ok I'll fix that and re-write my sheet and add about the possiblity of meeting a Voodoo House mage.

About that I was wondering what you think of Samuel having a "ragman" or a zombie made of sew together body parts then reanimated?

You want to make a Frankenstein's monster-like zombie? I'm afraid that's not possible.

A submission is made and my writer's block is broken, at least with this RP.

Terratina.:

A submission is made and my writer's block is broken, at least with this RP.

I love the concept, and I have a few questions -
At such a high level, you can create, if you experiment with the materials enough, a potion that will transform his body physically. Much beyond regular transformation, most potions will take on a form similar to the one of an animal merged with a man, but others have different, even alien consequences. Would you like to have one?
Invisibility potions and a wide range of choices to be had, you just need to run it through me first. How does he uses his potions? Does it gulp it all down before a fight or pop a drink in the middle? Or does he induce it through smoking, or any other way besides drinking the concoction?

TheIronRuler:
At such a high level, you can create, if you experiment with the materials enough, a potion that will transform his body physically. Much beyond regular transformation, most potions will take on a form similar to the one of an animal merged with a man, but others have different, even alien consequences. Would you like to have one?
Invisibility potions and a wide range of choices to be had, you just need to run it through me first. How does he uses his potions? Does it gulp it all down before a fight or pop a drink in the middle? Or does he induce it through smoking, or any other way besides drinking the concoction?

Oh, yes please. Let me think about it, but I dread to think what twisted thing he would transform into.

As with the potions, I think he would gulp down a selection of quick-acting potions in the middle of a fight, depending on the situation, with one or two sustained effects coming from smoking, for example, the transformation. Of course, if the 'cigarette' is knocked out, then he'll regress to human form.

Or maybe he could bring orders into the more psychedelic side of life with narcotics than pass through skin...

Well, those are my initial thoughts anyway, I'll be back with more concrete ideas, it's 01:56 AM here and I am going to bed.

Terratina.:

TheIronRuler:

Oh, yes please. Let me think about it, but I dread to think what twisted thing he would transform into.

As with the potions, I think he would gulp down a selection of quick-acting potions in the middle of a fight, depending on the situation, with one or two sustained effects coming from smoking, for example, the transformation. Of course, if the 'cigarette' is knocked out, then he'll regress to human form.

Or maybe he could bring orders into the more psychedelic side of life with narcotics than pass through skin...

Well, those are my initial thoughts anyway, I'll be back with more concrete ideas, it's 01:56 AM here and I am going to bed.

You're more than welcomed to pop right back in and share your ideas with me.

Terratina.:

-snip-

I thought you were planning to re-write your sheet and add some details in it.

Hmm, I might give this a spin. Give me a day and I'll have you a sheet.

I hope you find it good enough for the RP, I can't wait for it to get started!

megadraco:

I hope you find it good enough for the RP, I can't wait for it to get started!

Oi mate, not to burst your bubble, but this rp hasn't been touched in months, and the gm has left the escapist. It's not likely to start, ever. Sorry.
Welcome to the Escapist, however. I hope you'll stick around and try for some other rps.

Yeah, I noticed that right after I posted. But thanks for the welcome, and I wanted to say that I've got a new idea of my own, though I'd rather wait untill I have played a couple rps.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked