A Rapture of Fallout... (Bio-Shock/Fallout Interest thread)

A friend of mine placed down a challenge, "If i name two things, can you make an RP out of them?" I agreed, and this is what I ended up with.
The Story Before...
"Come sing, come sing, of the sea we love,
Come on, come on, before its gone,
Come swim, come swim, below and above,
Come see, come see, in the depths we belong,
Come one, come one, and all with a shove,
Come sing, come sing, of the fortune you'll bring."

Every adventure starts with something, a voice telling a kid to get up, a bullet to the brain and surviving still sane, or simply a gear or cog gone wrong in a paradise. Another haunting tune calls out as far as the moon, pinging, and ringing, all the while singing. Like something out of a childs rhyme, that hasn't aged from the hands of time.
Boats find the location off the western shore, diving bells are used to explore, yet none find a thing, until they see the door. Like Heavens gate none could wait, to see what is beyond and lies for their fate. Sealed tight and massive in sight, a clock ticks by counting down what many hope to be a new frontier. The Common Wealth, Brotherhood, NCR, Legion, and others, are occupied in their own devices and dam problems. To busy to investigate in any real force, it leaves the place for opportunists and lone members of factions. Some offer rewards to any who assists, other spend spies or different kinds of eyes. Until the clock ticks down they all can merely frown, waiting to discover what has been found.

Is this crazy? Rather. Will it work? maybe. That is up to you all out there who can give their voice to share. Questions comments feel free.
FAQ
Character creation will be loose, but if I start seeing too many damn cow boys and rangers of the west, I plan on intervening to add some variety. The Enclave is gone like an old western song, still remembered but hardly heard. You can be an android among other things, but I draw the line at Death Claws (Jaws), and NO you can' start as a splicer or anything within the city under the sea.

... I must admit that I'm rather intrigued, by the premise as well as your rather atypical method of delivering it.
How exactly would this work? Some people from mid 2200's Fallout (The rough timeframe of the modern Fallout games) go down to Rapture as seen during Bioshock?

SamtheDeathclaw:
... I must admit that I'm rather intrigued, by the premise as well as your rather atypical method of delivering it.
How exactly would this work? Some people from mid 2200's Fallout (The rough timeframe of the modern Fallout games) go down to Rapture as seen during Bioshock?

Not quite, this will be Rapture from a bit different time/style, imagine Aperture Science and Black Mesa in the same universe situation. Vault-Tec and others have already shown genetic mutation and creation of new lifeforms is easy enough, what does Adam do in a world where there is FEV as well?

Raynoson:

Not quite, this will be Rapture from a bit different time/style, imagine Aperture Science and Black Mesa in the same universe situation. Vault-Tec and others have already shown genetic mutation and creation of new lifeforms is easy enough, what does Adam do in a world where there is FEV as well?

Well, from what we see, FEV mutation was unstable and extemely difficult to control, while ADAM allowed from relatively easy changes to an individual's genetic code, without even having to be totally coated in the stuff.
So if you're actually integrating the worlds rather than just suddenly dropping them into the same world, Rapture would be something like vault zero, built to hold all the world's best and brightest and protect them from the war?
And then some wastelanders hear stories about it and go to investigate, I would assume?
That's just kind of the idea I got from your description.

This sounds great save me spot for sure

This.....would be interesting to say the least. If you get it working it could bee something fantastic, if not it could end up horribly. But it will be interesting no matter what happens.

NVM

Raynoson:

Kind of, but not entirely. Secrets.

I am officially interested. Assuming it gets off the ground, I'd love to get involved.

SamtheDeathclaw:

Raynoson:

Kind of, but not entirely. Secrets.

I am officially interested. Assuming it gets off the ground, I'd love to get involved.

Noted.

sage42:
This.....would be interesting to say the least. If you get it working it could bee something fantastic, if not it could end up horribly. But it will be interesting no matter what happens.

We can all but see.

Chaos Incarnate:
This sounds great save me spot for sure

Spots are gonna be open throughout either way, I don't expect to suddenly get 10+ people at once.

Raynoson:

sage42:

We can all but see.

Yes, yes I did. bad habit I have of not proof reading my posts.

sage42:

Raynoson:

sage42:

We can all but see.

Yes, yes I did. bad habit I have of not proof reading my posts.

It is cool, happens to everyone +P.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked