Power Rangers Omega Squad: A Power Rangers RP (Interest/Sign-up Thread)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

(If you are unfamiliar with Power Rangers, and if you're from the US and had even a second of childhood in the 90s I don't know how you would be, then watch this series of videos by Linkara. While it's not NECESSARY, a knowledge of the general style of the show is definitely good.)

Hi! I'm CJ1145, an RPer here for several years and currently running... Jesus, it's 3 RPs now isn't it? Well, since I'm totally off my rocker, here's a fourth! I had just a random idea to run with a lighter-hearted RP, since my others involved bloodthirsty inhuman abominations, serial killers, and an alien invasion of apocalyptic scales. And if you want light-hearted actiony fun, what's better than the much-beloved, much-reviled hamfest that is POWER RANGERS?

It won't be running with any specific continuity or series, just a simply-plotted OG thing since I'm not all for playing pre-established characters.

THE PREMISE:

THE TONE:

Is this going to be a silly, off-the-cuff reality defying romp? No! That's stupid! But a dark, introspective angst fest is not what I'm looking for. It's bloody Power Rangers! Revel in the cheese. REVEL I SAY! Great characterization is absolutely encouraged, but traumatized psycho-teens are about as unwelcome as the notion that there won't be a sixth ranger at some point.

THE PLAYERS:

I want to say this first: If you think you'll need to drop out for ANY REASON during the run of this RP, please think carefully about applying. This is a small cast we're working with, so I don't want to hand out positions only for two of you to drop out in the first few weeks. That said, this RP has room, at the start for five players, each of you taking the role of one of the Rangers. In your sheet, please specify which color you're applying for.

THE TEAM AS A WHOLE:

You should expect fairly standard fare for the basics of the team. Element-based powers, potentially but not necessarily in relation to personality.

THE RED RANGER: His associated element is FIRE.

THE BLUE RANGER: His associated element is WATER.

THE BLACK RANGER: His associated element is EARTH.

THE YELLOW RANGER: His associated element is LIGHTNING.

THE PINK RANGER: His associated element is WIND.

I used him as just a general pronoun, though that does bring up a point: don't feel obligated to be a male if you're going for the Red Ranger, or a female for the Pink Ranger. Since this is just a for-fun thing, no need to be THAT strict.

Soooo, yeah! A little rambling, a little incoherent, but I think I covered the basics at least. Ask me anything else you'd like to know if you've got questions. As for now, here's a character sheet template.

I've seen every episode of the Likara retropective so far and I have to say, this is nothing short of a brilliant idea.

NAME: Ensign Shane Reeves
RANGER COLOR: Red
APPEARANCE: Blond Hair and Blue eyes, Martial arts build (he is physicaly fit as a miltary officer should be) wears a UNRD standard issue officer's uniform in red also has several severe burn scars covering various ponits on his body
PERSONALITY: Miltary mindset can come off as cold and aloof but enjoys watching old movies and TV shows and listening to music in his downtime. Tends to spend alot of time in the gym when he is stressed or has a Physical Exam coming up often to the ponit of physical collapse
BIO:Born in Neo Falls Shane always knew what he was going to do with his life. A defender of the weak he would often take beatings from bullies meant for the weaker kids in his class and at school, growing up he found that his path would lead him towards the local defense force and a carrer in the miltary with the UNRD as a security specilist. When the evil rangers broke free Shane rose to the trial and helped defend against the first wave pulling trapped people out of burning bulidings. It was these actions that drew the attetion of Veronica (he calls her Ver) who commented that "he had the Fire of a leader" in him and allowed him to submit an applcation to bed a new red ranger.

Name: Luke Stout
Ranger Colour: Blue

appearance: Native American, Luke has short, brown hair. Black eyes. Wears jeans and t-shirts, with long overcoats when its cold out. He usually has stubble because he doesn't shave every day.

Personality: Luke has almost a constant feeling of inadquency so he is always trying to beat others in what they do. He does prefer to be alone in the wildness, usually along the ocean though.

Bio: Born in Canada, Luke is the by product of an absent father and neglectfully mother. He always thought his Dad would come back if he proved he was the best. By fifteen though he realized that nothing would change and he ran away from home. He travelled the continent getting into many fights along the way and surviving for his self until he arrived at Neo Falls.

Birdfalcon:
NAME: Ensign Shane Reeves
APPEARANCE: Blond Hair and Blue eyes, Martial arts build (he is physicaly fit as a miltary officer should be) wears a UNRD standard issue officer's uniform in red also has several severe burn scars covering various ponits on his body
PERSONALITY: Miltary mindset can come off as cold and aloof but enjoys watching old movies and TV shows and listening to music in his downtime. Tends to spend alot of time in the gym when he is stressed or has a Physical Exam coming up often to the ponit of physical collapse
BIO:Born in Neo Falls Shane always knew what he was going to do with his life. A defender of the weak he would often take beatings from bullies meant for the weaker kids in his class and at school, growing up he found that his path would lead him towards the local defense force and a carrer in the miltary with the UNRD as a security specilist. When the evil rangers broke free Shane rose to the trial and helped defend against the first wave pulling trapped people out of burning bulidings. It was these actions that drew the attetion of Veronica (he calls her Ver) who commented that "he had the Fire of a leader" in him and allowed him to submit an applcation to bed a new red ranger.

Forgive me for being a bit picky, but he's an Ensign at only 18? Holy crap, where died he graduate from?

saintdane05:

Forgive me for being a bit picky, but he's an Ensign at only 18? Holy crap, where died he graduate from?

hmm...good ponit maybe change his rank to corpral or PFC...was also thinking he got promoted to ensign by veronica when he became the red ranger to give more leadership credblity in the eyes of the milatary brass (if i get the role that is)

I might not be able to come often, so I'll play an anti-villain. Is that okay? 'Cause he isn't a Ranger at all...

Is this good enough? I can edit if people feel the need.

Name:Jamie Raynor
Ranger colour: Pink(yes really)
Appearance: messy dark blond hair, bushy eye brows and dark brown eyes with acne covering his face

Personality: Snide,insecure, with a sarcastic streak to hide his insecurity and more wit then can ever possibly do him good. Also a really bad kind of know it all, able to get into trivial debates over Nerdy stuff like whether Dwarfs have beards and the age old question of Star Trek vs Star Wars.

Bio: A British immigrant recently moved to Neo City to get away from his apathetic family. He coasted along at school getting C's when he knew he was capable of A's but being too lazy and lacking the motivation (or role models) to put effort in. At least until being kicked out for putting a bully in hospital for insulting JRR Tolkien(Never call him worse then Lewis Carrol). He wandered the city for a time taking odd jobs where possible before falling in with a volunteer community service group. After finding people who actually did good by the world and at least acted like they cared for life, he found himself joining up. He decided a few months later to at least try to do something with his life shortly after finding out that his Parents had disowned him for his constant trouble making back home. With the reemergence of the Power Rangers he felt he could at least get a job as a Janitor or something. God how right he was.

JUDGMENT TIME! ROUND ONE, A-GO!

Shadowstar38:

Not bad! Not a ton that I gave you guys to work with, so that's about as good as I can ask for.

Birdfalcon:

There are certainly some ideas in here that I like. An actual military man on the team certainly is an excellent choice. A few things, though, I have problems with. As others stated, the idea of being an officer already is a bit unbelievable. Probably an enlisted rank would be more believable.

The second thing is not your fault at all, but the RP will pretty much be kicking off WITH the first attack, so while your actions could conceivably take place, as far as saving innocents goes, they won't happen yet.

The third is, it won't be a matter of applications. This isn't something like a job interview, Veronica is hand-picking in the spur of the moment those best suited to the task.

The last is the typos. I make mistakes too, everybody does. But if you get selected, just go over your posts before submitting to make sure a finger didn't slip somewhere.

Redryhno:

Another I like. Maybe a little more elaboration on personality, but no complaints.

CrazyBlaze:

appearance: Native American, Luke has short, brown hair. Black eyes. Wears jeans and t-shirts, with long overcoats when its cold out. He usually has stubble because he doesn't shave every day.

Personality: Luke has almost a constant feeling of inadquency so he is always trying to beat others in what they do. He does prefer to be alone in the wildness, usually along the ocean though.

Bio: Born in Canada, Luke is the by product of an absent father and neglectfully mother. He always thought his Dad would come back if he proved he was the best. By fifteen though he realized that nothing would change and he ran away from home. He travelled the continent getting into many fights along the way and surviving for his self until he arrived at Neo Falls.

A little sparse, but on the right track to be sure. The bio I'm not too concerned about; more details of a character's past can be elaborated on within the story. But as it stands his personality is a little bare-bones.

saintdane05:

0_0

I'm sorry, but not guaranteeing a constant presence is not enough reason to completely ignore every aspect of the guidelines set for sheet creation. I'll set up newcomers to the thread later, if they come at all; this includes villains. As of right now there's no place for him. Also, you consistently failed to use the actual name of the villains in this RP. Tarver, not Thrashers. Along with a minimalistic personality section, I cannot accept this sheet.

LordDPS:
Is this good enough? I can edit if people feel the need.

Name:Jamie
Ranger colour: Pink(yes really)
Personality: snide,insecure, with a sarcastic streak to hide his insecurity
Bio: A British immigrant recently moved to Neo City to get away from his smothering family. he coasted along at school until being kicked out for putting a bully in hospital. Now he wanders the city and just coasting through life. Then he decided to at least try to do something and with the reemergence of the Power Rangers he feels he could at least get a job as a Janitor or something. God how right he was

There are some capitalization and punctuation issues, and a last name would be good. As a minor nitpick the Gender category got lost in your transcription. Also maybe flesh out the personality section a little bit more. But you're on the right track, and a male Pink Ranger would be quite fun.

Birdfalcon:

There are certainly some ideas in here that I like. An actual military man on the team certainly is an excellent choice. A few things, though, I have problems with. As others stated, the idea of being an officer already is a bit unbelievable. Probably an enlisted rank would be more believable.

The second thing is not your fault at all, but the RP will pretty much be kicking off WITH the first attack, so while your actions could conceivably take place, as far as saving innocents goes, they won't happen yet.

The third is, it won't be a matter of applications. This isn't something like a job interview, Veronica is hand-picking in the spur of the moment those best suited to the task.

The last is the typos. I make mistakes too, everybody does. But if you get selected, just go over your posts before submitting to make sure a finger didn't slip somewhere.

Ok then I will change his rank to Private then.

CJ1145:
la snip

Sorry, this was written with no internet connection what-so ever. Thanks for looking it over, though!

Sigh... I told myself I wasn't gonna go do this. I told myself I was just gonna let it go on by.

Yeah. That didn't work out too well.

Regretfully, I probably really don't have enough excess free time to take on another RP, particularly with my tendency to drone on so much, but even then it looks like you're all full up and I'd hate to contest anybody.

But I want to say this, CJ, my good friend and cohort. I grew up with this beautiful series. I have seen damn near every episode of everything from Mighty Morphin' through Lost Galaxy. I even dabbled in Time Force and Dino Thunder, and tested waters on a few other series here and there. Never did watch SPD, but everything before that is fair game. I remember being sad that Ninjor was never mentioned again. I remember when Turbo started and I was confused as shit. I remember In Space's tearful beginnings, and its bitchingest of theme songs. I remember bawling my eyes out when Zordon died.

To this day, I still sleep with a Magna Defender figurine quietly watching over me. When I was a boy, when I got my first microphone, I would wait until no one was listening and use the learn-to-speak-Spanish software I had to belt out and record Ron Wasserman rock anthems until my voice ran dry.

You have my hypest of blessings for bringing some Power Rangers aficionados together.

Also, if you ever need a sixth ranger, well, I could probably not resist.

Benndak:
Regretfully, I probably really don't have enough excess free time to take on another RP, particularly with my tendency to drone on so much, but even then it looks like you're all full up and I'd hate to contest anybody.

But I want to say this, CJ, my good friend and cohort. I grew up with this beautiful series. I have seen damn near every episode of everything from Mighty Morphin' through Lost Galaxy. I even dabbled in Time Force and Dino Thunder, and tested waters on a few other series here and there. Never did watch SPD, but everything before that is fair game. I remember being sad that Ninjor was never mentioned again. I remember when Turbo started and I was confused as shit. I remember In Space's tearful beginnings, and its bitchingest of theme songs. I remember bawling my eyes out when Zordon died.

To this day, I still sleep with a Magna Defender figurine quietly watching over me. When I was a boy, when I got my first microphone, I would wait until no one was listening and use the learn-to-speak-Spanish software I had to belt out and record Ron Wasserman rock anthems until my voice ran dry.

You have my hypest of blessings for bringing some Power Rangers aficionados together.

Also, if you ever need a sixth ranger, well, I could probably not resist.

Why do you make me feel things?!

Also, SPD is probably my favorite season. I endorse that you see the first few episodes if you get the time.

Sorted out most of the punctuation (i think) and added detail where necessary. So hopefully it looks less like some kind of tepid pre teen Mary Sue. Thoughts?

Updated sheet. Hope its better.

Personality: Luke has almost a constant feeling of inadquency so he is always trying to beat others in what they do. He does prefer to be alone in the wildness, usually along the ocean though. He is a calm person, at least on the outside. He prefers to appear calm and centred to other people, when on the inside he is angry. He likes to mediate to help hold his anger in and when in a fight he uses his anger like it's no one's business. Growing up poor he is a penny pincher and will do anything to save a buck. He gathers every piece of lose change he finds on the ground. He is uncomfortable being around others due to his upbringing and has an innate sense of distrust.

I cant help but chuckle at the fact that your 'light-hearted actiony fun' involves betrayal and possible genocide as inciting events.

On another note: keep in mind that you said to embrace the cheese.

"THIS FIRE BURNS"`
NAME: PFC. Shane Reeves
APPEARANCE: Blond Hair and Blue eyes, Martial arts build (he is in shape as an enlisted soilder should be) wears a UNRD standard issue officer's uniform in red also has several severe burn scars covering various areas on his body
PERSONALITY: Solider mindset can come off as cold and aloof but enjoys watching old movies and TV shows and listening to music in his downtime. Tends to spend alot of time in the gym when he is stressed or has a Physical Exam coming up often to the ponit of physical collapse
BIO:Born in Neo Falls Shane always knew what he was going to do with his life. A defender of the weak he would often take beatings from bullies meant for the weaker kids in his class and at school, growing up he found that his path would lead him towards the local defense force and a job in the UNRD. The burn scars on his body come from an incident where Shane ran into a burning high-rise and rescued several Children just seconds before it collapsed. This heroic act earned him a bronze star as well as a purple heart for bravery in the line of duty.

((re-done profile))

[quote="Fishtie" post="540.389914.15670687"]I cant help but chuckle at the fact that your 'light-hearted actiony fun' involves betrayal and possible genocide as inciting events.

/quote]
I think RPM dealt with something like this....an evil AI taking over earth

Birdfalcon:
[quote="Fishtie" post="540.389914.15670687"]I cant help but chuckle at the fact that your 'light-hearted actiony fun' involves betrayal and possible genocide as inciting events.

/quote]
I think RPM dealt with something like this....an evil AI taking over earth

Part of the reason RPM is such a fan favorite is that it was really goddamn dark. Uncharacteristically so for Power Rangers. The fact that it felt like the writers and actors knew what they were doing for once helped as well.

I've only seen a little bit of RPM, but I remember constantly making jokes about how it's clearly linked to Evangellion somehow.

Fishtie:
I've only seen a little bit of RPM, but I remember constantly making jokes about how it's clearly linked to Evangellion somehow.

I think RPM was dinsey's response to older fans who were calling for a more "mature" series...but that's just my theroy

SHEET EVALUATIONS, ROUND TWO, GO! Excuse any typos, my fingers are tiny blocks of ice at the moment.

[quote="Pappytech" post="540.389914.15660919"

[/quote]

Where would we be without the team psychopath? Looks pretty good to me. The color she might get is still up in the air, depends on who gets accepted, who doesn't.

LordDPS:
Sorted out most of the punctuation (i think) and added detail where necessary. So hopefully it looks less like some kind of tepid pre teen Mary Sue. Thoughts?

Improvements do seem to have been made. Not perfect grammatically, but that's something that'll only come with practice, so I'm not feeling too judgmental.

CrazyBlaze:

Personality: Luke has almost a constant feeling of inadquency so he is always trying to beat others in what they do. He does prefer to be alone in the wildness, usually along the ocean though. He is a calm person, at least on the outside. He prefers to appear calm and centred to other people, when on the inside he is angry. He likes to mediate to help hold his anger in and when in a fight he uses his anger like it's no one's business. Growing up poor he is a penny pincher and will do anything to save a buck. He gathers every piece of lose change he finds on the ground. He is uncomfortable being around others due to his upbringing and has an innate sense of distrust.

Nahbad, nahbad. Seems like it checks out for me, anyway.

Fishtie:
I cant help but chuckle at the fact that your 'light-hearted actiony fun' involves betrayal and possible genocide as inciting events.

On another note: keep in mind that you said to embrace the cheese.

I read Homestuck. Apocalyptic scenarios and genocide ARE light-hearted for me, by this point.

On the one hand, I'm a little disappointed nobody seems to be reading the part where you're gonna be playing the Power Rangers =/

On the other, this does seem pretty well thought-out. If I accept you, keep in mind you're pretty much going to be filling a side character role. If that's OK with you, then I'll allow it.

Birdfalcon:
"THIS FIRE BURNS"`
NAME: PFC. Shane Reeves
APPEARANCE: Blond Hair and Blue eyes, Martial arts build (he is in shape as an enlisted soilder should be) wears a UNRD standard issue officer's uniform in red also has several severe burn scars covering various areas on his body
PERSONALITY: Solider mindset can come off as cold and aloof but enjoys watching old movies and TV shows and listening to music in his downtime. Tends to spend alot of time in the gym when he is stressed or has a Physical Exam coming up often to the ponit of physical collapse
BIO:Born in Neo Falls Shane always knew what he was going to do with his life. A defender of the weak he would often take beatings from bullies meant for the weaker kids in his class and at school, growing up he found that his path would lead him towards the local defense force and a job in the UNRD. The burn scars on his body come from an incident where Shane ran into a burning high-rise and rescued several Children just seconds before it collapsed. This heroic act earned him a bronze star as well as a purple heart for bravery in the line of duty.

((re-done profile))

It's looking a bit better, with a more believable rank and such.

Gonna give a few more days to see if any other applications come in. Actual start date is a toss-up.

CJ1145:
I read Homestuck. Apocalyptic scenarios and genocide ARE light-hearted for me, by this point.

On the one hand, I'm a little disappointed nobody seems to be reading the part where you're gonna be playing the Power Rangers =/

On the other, this does seem pretty well thought-out. If I accept you, keep in mind you're pretty much going to be filling a side character role. If that's OK with you, then I'll allow it.

Yah, that was kind of the explicit purpose of the character.. I half expect my major plot relivance to be "Oh no! Your weapons don't work on that monster! Have this new weapon!"

Fishtie:
[quote="CJ1145" post="540.389914.15688829"]

Yah, that was kind of the explicit purpose of the character.. I half expect my major plot relivance to be "Oh no! Your weapons don't work on that monster! Have this new weapon!"

Or giving us our ultrazord and battleizers

Birdfalcon:

Fishtie:
[quote="CJ1145" post="540.389914.15688829"]

That would be awesome!

Birdfalcon:

I see no unique elements in your statement.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING THIS!!!!!!!!

*composes self* Right then, I'll be submitting a sheet good sir.

We actually going to get this thing rolling any time soon?

LordDPS:
We actually going to get this thing rolling any time soon?

I believe so, CJ's still making up sheets/backstories for the bad Rangers, plus he's got alot of other things he writes in his free time, as well as the rp's he's in/runs. He's only failed to follow through on one rp, and the reason it failed wasn't completely in his control.

cool cant wait to see who the rangers are gonna be

So, I guess it's safe to say this is dead now?

I've had some difficulties getting myself in the spirit to do this sort of thing. My bad, and sorry for getting you all excited for what has so far amounted to nothing. However, if you guys are still interested I wouldn't mind getting this rolling again. I have all the material for background that I was working on pretty much completed, so it's just a matter of getting the accepted sheets selected.

Im game lets do this shit

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked