Aether Shanties RP (PM if interested/Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 34 NEXT

If we need to beef up the numbers I can also submit an Imp.

I mean, no characters have been accepted yet so it doubles my odds of getting in more than anything else XD

3quency:

I mean, no characters have been accepted yet so it doubles my odds of getting in more than anything else XD

More then doubles since we have a lower supply of Imperial characters actually.

Well I can always switch ships but I'd have to piggyback on your story a bit Hiei. Seeing as a normal navy ship really just wouldn't work for him.

blaze96:
Well I can always switch ships but I'd have to piggyback on your story a bit Hiei. Seeing as a normal navy ship really just wouldn't work for him.

@All: Feel free to piggyback off my character if you would like, but make sure to either not deviate from my backstory or ask me to change/add things if needed (I need to know my character after all ^_^)

Just a question to the OP, how long have we been pirating? How long have we had the ships?

Well my character (if accepted) can be on either ship, since he's stowing away. I'm guessing he'll most likely end up on the Empire's one though.

ruedyn:
Just a question to the OP, how long have we been pirating? How long have we had the ships?

The mermaid has been a pirate ship for several years, but Beth was chosen as captain, maybe a year ago. You could have been sailing with the ship for years, or recently joined.

hiei82:

Actually, I was thinking about having Drustan jump ship over to the Invincible. Naturally, if he's needed on the Mermaid, it shall be done, but I think the Invincible will be more fun (if harder to explain).

Wenseph:

ruedyn:

The mermaid has been a pirate ship for several years, but Beth was chosen as captain, maybe a year ago. You could have been sailing with the ship for years, or recently joined.

Ah, I'll have to change a thing or two in my sheet then. I've had a few nitpicks about it though, so it's for the best.

Well no need to worry about that from me. Nothing should require a rewrite on your end Hiei, just need to play off your character's slightly more tolerant nature to the outside world. Cause I still plan on having him "sneaking" Skyfolk medical texts aboard. Of course my character would submit to whatever limitations your character would place on his work. Though he will complain lol.

A quick question to the OP - is my character's story behind joining the Mermaid alright, or should I revise it?

Arcanist:
A quick question to the OP - is my character's story behind joining the Mermaid alright, or should I revise it?

I think it's fine.

Also, I'll stop recruiting on friday and start looking over the sheets more then, so no more queestions like this. Thanks.

Added on a bit, but not enough to qualify '2.0' status.

Samuel v. 2: A bit of elaboration with enough changes to justify the new post.

Wow. Lots of characters. @_@

Ultraman950:

What do you expect? This is a pirate role play. At least I can be confident Horatio will make it in.

drmigit2:

Ultraman950:

What do you expect? This is a pirate role play. At least I can be confident Horatio will make it in.

I know. I make a lot of stupid observations. What do you want from me? XD

drmigit2:

Ultraman950:

How? Is that a confidence thing or have you actually made a Faustian contract deal with the GM?

ruedyn:

drmigit2:

Ultraman950:

How? Is that a confidence thing or have you actually made a Faustian contract deal with the GM?

We have a shortage of imperial players, Horatio is an imperial.

drmigit2:

ruedyn:

drmigit2:

Ah, so how important do you think they think bards are? I'm hoping very.

ruedyn:

drmigit2:

ruedyn:

Considering you are one of the few people NOT to pick the weird hunter gun shooty class, I would say your chances are pretty decent.

drmigit2:

ruedyn:

drmigit2:

Considering you are one of the few people NOT to pick the weird hunter gun shooty class, I would say your chances are pretty decent.

Whoo, the power of music saves me again

Well if not picking a violent shooter class and being a part of the empire are good factors then I guess I'm doing ok then. Good thing I love playing medic classes when possible.

Redryhno:

her laudanum, of which she stocks up on a case of twenty four bottles per voyage, each holding around four liters, she has around a cup every few hours. While not yet an addiction, it is close, and she sees no point in stopping anytime soon.

You may want to edit her dosage, two to three teaspoons of laudanum is enough to kill a full grown adult. You have her on a cup every few hours. At that dosage this woman's heart should stop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laudanum#Potency_of_laudanum

blaze96:

Redryhno:

her laudanum, of which she stocks up on a case of twenty four bottles per voyage, each holding around four liters, she has around a cup every few hours. While not yet an addiction, it is close, and she sees no point in stopping anytime soon.

You may want to edit her dosage, two to three teaspoons of laudanum is enough to kill a full grown adult. You have her on a cup every few hours. At that dosage this woman's heart should stop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laudanum#Potency_of_laudanum

there's a reason she takes that much you know, I'm estimating her having been taking it for around....ten years, give or take, upping her resistance to around a little more than that if my history lessons and math match up, and by cup I don't mean a cup as in "3 cups of baking soda, 2 of vinegar", I mean a regular little glass that she pours a bit into and gulps down. I meant to word the addiction sentence to say more along the lines of:

She doesn't admit to having an addiction, but it's there.

Trust me, I'm a well-trained dolphin from Miami.

Fair enough I just read the sheet and that seemed way too much to me. I still feel that even at say a small shot glass size may be too much even with a resistance. But I can see how I may be overestimating the potency of it or possibly underestimating how resistance and the body's ability to actually process the substance may or may not be interrelated. I'm not a doctor or researcher so hell if I know. Just figured I would point it out in any case so that there wasn't a doctor who takes enough laudanum to stop the heart on a regular basis.

Redryhno:
snip

hiei82:

3quency:

More then doubles since we have a lower supply of Imperial characters actually.

Good thing I went Imperial then.

Here is my character. I got approval from the OP for her age, since she's been born and raised on the ship her whole life. If there's anything that needs adjusting or further details on, I'll be happy to work on it. ^^

blaze96:
Fair enough I just read the sheet and that seemed way too much to me. I still feel that even at say a small shot glass size may be too much even with a resistance. But I can see how I may be overestimating the potency of it or possibly underestimating how resistance and the body's ability to actually process the substance may or may not be interrelated. I'm not a doctor or researcher so hell if I know. Just figured I would point it out in any case so that there wasn't a doctor who takes enough laudanum to stop the heart on a regular basis.

Thanks for the heads-up in any case, but the body is very weird in how it processes the crap you put into it and if my history classes were right about this, most medicinal and alcoholic "beverages",etc. were around half (or less) as potent as they are today. Now I may be going by something around 1850 or so, but this is around Victorian age stuff, so anywhere between around 1880 up until the twentieth century should be about the same in terms of that, but I may be wrong, I'll see when the character select-o-matic comes around.

And in case it wasn't implied for you in the above paragraph, thanks for not trying to bite my head off on this thing.

And I finally get a sheet in... I apologise for the length... kind of.

I think the end of the Bio falls apart a little but I'd been writing most of the day. I might go and edit if people suggest I need to add more detail anywhere.

As always, questions and stuff are always welcome. In fact, questions usually help me realise the character better and fill in any holes I've missed.

EDIT: Here's my secondary character.

It's probably important to note that Capricorn - due to the nature of him - would not be used in the RP as often as Exeter. Obviously he'd be around during battles and if other characters want to go visit him but my main character is Exeter. Also, if Exeter is accepted but people dislike the other sheet, I can remove that from Exeter's bio.

blaze96:
Well if not picking a violent shooter class and being a part of the empire are good factors then I guess I'm doing ok then. Good thing I love playing medic classes when possible.

I haven't counted but it seems to me like we have more mechanics than anything else, not many doctors though, HMS invincible characters are still outnumbered by Mermaid characters, but I don't think there is too terrible a shortage of them now. I'd say you stand a solid chance of getting in.

Hopefully my character having some leadership skills and being the only officer-type (aside from the captain I guess) on the mermaid will help me get in.

IFS:

I haven't counted but it seems to me like we have more mechanics than anything else, not many doctors though, HMS invincible characters are still outnumbered by Mermaid characters, but I don't think there is too terrible a shortage of them now. I'd say you stand a solid chance of getting in.

Hopefully my character having some leadership skills and being the only officer-type (aside from the captain I guess) on the mermaid will help me get in.

Speaking of numbers, what is the current total for both ships?

Evrant:

IFS:

Speaking of numbers, what is the current total for both ships?

Just did a quick count, feel free to correct me if I miscounted.

Mermaid:15 (including the captain)

HMS Invincible:9

Either Or: 2

So yeah more pirates than anything else, although there is a decent number of imperial characters now.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 34 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked