Aether Shanties RP (PM if interested/Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 34 NEXT

IFS:

Just did a quick count, feel free to correct me if I miscounted.

Mermaid:15 (including the captain)

HMS Invincible:9

Either Or: 2

So yeah more pirates than anything else, although there is a decent number of imperial characters now.

I guess that Drustan is now an Imperial, unless nobody on the Invincible wants him there.

Redryhno:
snippy snippy snip

I'm not the "bite their head off" type. If I see something I think is a little off I'll mention it, but unless I got a M.D. I don't know about I'm not in a position to speak with any kind of authority.

As for the numbers on the ships, I guess I could really go on either seeing as I basically have two character sheets based upon whichever ship I may be wanted or needed on. Frankly I would love to play either version of the character, but if by some weird happenings I got both in I would have to change the name of samuel 2.0 or else I'm gonna be hoplessly confused lol.

blaze96:

Redryhno:
snippy snippy snip

I'm not the "bite their head off" type. If I see something I think is a little off I'll mention it, but unless I got a M.D. I don't know about I'm not in a position to speak with any kind of authority.

As for the numbers on the ships, I guess I could really go on either seeing as I basically have two character sheets based upon whichever ship I may be wanted or needed on. Frankly I would love to play either version of the character, but if by some weird happenings I got both in I would have to change the name of samuel 2.0 or else I'm gonna be hoplessly confused lol.

No you don't, time travel exists in airship pirates so clearly they are just alternate timeline versions of the same person. Problem solved (or maybe just made more confusing).

*note: I don't really know how time travel works in this setting, only that it exists, or existed at some point.

I'd rather change the name because having two characters with the same name would lead to some hilarious instances where Invincible Samuel says something to the non-existant Admiral of the Mermaid because I got the two characters confused.

blaze96:
I'd rather change the name because having two characters with the same name would lead to some hilarious instances where Invincible Samuel says something to the non-existant Admiral of the Mermaid because I got the two characters confused.

Clearly the solution is for them to be the same character in two places at once then! Think of the hilarity!

...or maybe just change the names like you said.

blaze96:

You should make them twins. That way, when the two ships meet it will be very confusing to everyone else as well.

After fun trip to A&E this evening I've finally managed to do my second character sheet. I'd appreciate people's thoughts and good luck to everyone in for the selection process which I assume is tomorrow?

Yea I think I'll stick with my plan if by some unbelievable stroke of luck I happen to get both in. Though I'm far more worried about getting a character in as opposed to getting both in.

Character sheet in progress OP, looking forward to joining this RP (hopefully).

Tips_of_Fingers:
After fun trip to A&E this evening I've finally managed to do my second character sheet. I'd appreciate people's thoughts and good luck to everyone in for the selection process which I assume is tomorrow?

Figured I'd add to the luck-wishing when it comes to the selections. And, I have to admit, I'm really excited at the idea of this rp. If nothing else, its a neat concept, and should happen more often in the rp forums. Same goes for Homestuck rp's, but really, that's a given.

Still, can't wait to see if I'm hopefully accepted!

Texas Joker 52:

Tips_of_Fingers:

Figured I'd add to the luck-wishing when it comes to the selections. And, I have to admit, I'm really excited at the idea of this rp. If nothing else, its a neat concept, and should happen more often in the rp forums. Same goes for Homestuck rp's, but really, that's a given.

Still, can't wait to see if I'm hopefully accepted!

Yes, more rp's like this would be awesome, I don't know much about homestuck though, my sisters read it and it sounds incredibly hard to get into. Apparently it involves trolls, a time travelling homocidal dog-bird-man with a sword, and some kid named John Egbert.

Anyways good luck to everyone.

IFS:

blaze96:

Redryhno:
snippy snippy snip

No you don't, time travel exists in airship pirates so clearly they are just alternate timeline versions of the same person. Problem solved (or maybe just made more confusing).

*note: I don't really know how time travel works in this setting, only that it exists, or existed at some point.

Is actually a section in the time travel section of the Airship Pirates game book about that.

Oh, I do have a submission for an Imperial character written up if we still need more.

They may have turned out a little larger-than-life in terms of villainy-ness.

3quency:
Oh, I do have a submission for an Imperial character written up if we still need more.

So the Imperial ship is populated by mercenaries, evil imperials, ex-pirates, thieves, and robots... Why does this sound like a sitcom in the making?

That said, I want to see it, because I like seeing crazy characters

Well, what I am seeing so far; looks like it will be a madcap ride filled with interesting characters.

Also Hiei, did you read that message I sent, and curious to hear your thoughts. But don't mention what it is.

hiei82:

3quency:

So the Imperial ship is populated by mercenaries, evil imperials, ex-pirates, thieves, and robots... Why does this sound like a sitcom in the making?

Well she's not crazy per se but... ah, what the hell. Here we go:

So one RP has gone into indeterminate hiatus so that frees up a slot, so here the sheet.

Shared backstories take the fore. Any comments or criticisms welcome.

Last minute entry, GO! Also if this is too oversaturated a role, I'll make a military guy instead.

Well, looks like I've likely missed my opportunity... I'm just gonna bow out, as I've gotten busier with work and school than I thought I was going to.

CJ1145:
Last minute entry, GO! Also if this is too oversaturated a role, I'll make a military guy instead.

Sadly, we already have someone on the Mermaid named Leo (he's a robot, but still). Might consider a different first name. :)

Ultraman950:

CJ1145:

Sadly, we already have someone on the Mermaid named Leo (he's a robot, but still). Might consider a different first name. :)

Ya, could see that getting quite confusing. Well unless we called him by his last name. But since we don't know if one, both, or either of us will get in, it is a bridge to cross when we get there.

With two strong competitors I really hope my doc can make it in.

Question for hiei, 'tina and I think Evrant:

Okay, seriously, how the fuck do you guys get such awesome images? Do you find the pictures then base the characters around them or is your google-fu just abominably strong?

3quency:

Okay, seriously, how the fuck do you guys get such awesome images? Do you find the pictures then base the characters around them or is your google-fu just abominably strong?

Regarding the images, I mainly use deviantart, its where I got the image for the sword. But now I kind of want to find an image to represent Garrett now that you mentioned it; because well, I am a little jealous of Hiei's.

I just managed to find one for Annis' mask. But I need to resize it, which is probably going to bug me for the rest of the day.

3quency:

I usually just spend a half-hour Google image searching specific words (like "Steampunk Captain") and seeing what comes up. In this case however, I knew what I was looking for before I made the character. The image I used is a character from a tabletop game I enjoy called Pathfinder. Specifically, It's from the Shackles & Skulls adventure - an adventure about pirates.

In the game, the character in question is an evil admiral from a devil-worshiping empire trying to wipe out the pirates forever. I just thought of it as the character sheet started to come together, so I decided to use her.

Had I not remembered the character, I would have used this:

Which I only mention because I wanted to post the image ^_^

Hmm, found an awesome picture that could be cool for a misbegotten bard. How much time do we have before we start?

I'll just quote those who were accepted. Those who weren't can PM if they want to know why, but it might just be because the competition was tough.

Pirates

Redryhno:
Name: Cloud Strife Eddie Cirrus

Texas Joker 52:
Name: Skulk-Hound Sheska

Driekan:
Name: Jessie Tollan

blaze96:
Name: Samuel Garland

Arcanist:
Name: Jason Aurora

Imperials

hiei82:
Name: Rear Admiral Adriana Victor Elizabeth Lanester

Evrant:
Name: Garrett Corvus

PlastikBulb:
Name: Feron-12

Tips_of_Fingers:
And I finally get a sheet in... I apologise for the length... kind of.

I think the end of the Bio falls apart a little but I'd been writing most of the day. I might go and edit if people suggest I need to add more detail anywhere.

As always, questions and stuff are always welcome. In fact, questions usually help me realise the character better and fill in any holes I've missed.

EDIT: Here's my secondary character.

It's probably important to note that Capricorn - due to the nature of him - would not be used in the RP as often as Exeter. Obviously he'd be around during battles and if other characters want to go visit him but my main character is Exeter. Also, if Exeter is accepted but people dislike the other sheet, I can remove that from Exeter's bio.

3quency:

hiei82:

3quency:

Well she's not crazy per se but... ah, what the hell. Here we go:

Terratina.:
So one RP has gone into indeterminate hiatus so that frees up a slot, so here the sheet.

Shared backstories take the fore. Any comments or criticisms welcome.

Imperials

hiei82:
Name: Adriana Victor Elizabeth Lanester

Evrant:

PlastikBulb:

Tips_of_Fingers:
Name: Exeter St John

3quency:
Name: Black Annis

Terratina.:
Name: Vasco Roque

Right then. So my next question is how to organize the ship and set up our pre-game interactions.

Some of this seems to have been done already: Adriana + Garrett in a relationship, Exeter dislikes Adriana (and probably Feron-12 and Garrett). Also, I know that Black Annis is the Quartermaster, Vasco is the ships Doctor, and so on.

Looking at it, I think Exeter is probably the first mate; though Annis could qualify if she wanted the promotion.

Questions: (some you may have answered in the character sheets so just bare with me)
1) How long have each of you been on the ship?
2) How do we want to set up our interactions. Who gets along with who, and who can't stand the others presence? etc.
3) I like to pre-plan what happens a bit so every player can accomplish their goals with their characters. How do you want your character's to develop? What kinds of events do we want to work toward.

Let me know your answers. I can set up a group for this discussion if you don't want the dirty rotten pirates to see your answers. :P

hiei82:

Imperials

hiei82:
Name: Adriana Victor Elizabeth Lanester

Evrant:

PlastikBulb:

Tips_of_Fingers:
Name: Exeter St John

3quency:
Name: Black Annis

Terratina.:
Name: Vasco Roque

Right then. So my next question is how to organize the ship and set up our pre-game interactions.

Some of this seems to have been done already: Adriana + Garrett in a relationship, Exeter dislikes Adriana (and probably Feron-12 and Garrett). Also, I know that Black Annis is the Quartermaster, Vasco is the ships Doctor, and so on.

Looking at it, I think Exeter is probably the first mate; though Annis could qualify if she wanted the promotion.

Questions: (some you may have answered in the character sheets so just bare with me)
1) How long have each of you been on the ship?
2) How do we want to set up our interactions. Who gets along with who, and who can't stand the others presence? etc.
3) I like to pre-plan what happens a bit so every player can accomplish their goals with their characters. How do you want your character's to develop? What kinds of events do we want to work toward.

Let me know your answers. I can set up a group for this discussion if you don't want the dirty rotten pirates to see your answers. :P

I was planning on using this thread for the RP as well. I'm making a group though, so it's better if you go there with this sort of discussion when everyone's invited.

Aww, didn't make it. Better luck next time then. Hope this RP has a long life! ^_^

I didn't make it? I didn't make it?! @_@

... Darn. Maybe next time. *Shrug*

Batting for team badguy then. Sublime. I think I may keep a hold of Isaac though, I actually quite liked writing him so you never know, if we ever set another of these up...

Darn. Well grats to everyone who made it.

3quency:
Batting for team badguy then. Sublime. I think I may keep a hold of Isaac though, I actually quite liked writing him so you never know, if we ever set another of these up...

Team bad guy? What are you talking about. Our side is the empire. We bring law, order, and civilization to the world; pushing back the darkness by the will of the Emperor. Meanwhile, the pirates are just thieves and bandits taking what they want from those who work hard to make a living, and killing those that try to stop them.

The pirates are CLEARLY "team bad guy." Long live Victor III! Long live the Empire!

In all honesty though, one group is Imperialistic England in the sky and the other is a group of brigands; you're batting for team bad guy no matter which side you're on.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 34 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here