Lightless City (A Creepypasta RP)-interest thread/sign up (Open, Not Started)

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I'm starting an RP based on some of the better Creepypasta out there. It's going to be mainly story and character based; that means no die rolls here, my friends. As a GM I don't have many rules, but there are a few that I do want you to keep to.

1.No over-powered characters, trenchcoaters or Mary/Marty Sues in this RP.
2.No, you can't be a monster. You will play as a human. This is a horror RP, so having characters that destroy that horror aspect are a bad thing to have. In that respect, you can only have items that it makes sense for your character to be carrying, so not many of you will be having guns.
3.This is a team-based RP. You work together or you die alone.
4.I want you to come up with an detailed character sheet for this RP. In that respect, you need to have an actual back story, not just 'LOL RAISED BY THE DEMONS' type of shtick.

In that respect, I have got a format that I want your character cards to follow. I'm going to allow 10 people to be on the team at the start; I may allow more in as the game advances.

I'll be able to answer any questions that you have on the RP. An intro proper to the RP should be up soon.

What's the monster roster going to be like?
We talking Slendy and a few SCPs?

Diablo1099:

I'm trying to stay away from the more famous ones, though they might appear in small roles. The SCP Foundation doesn't really fit the world that I'm building, anyway.

Froggy Slayer:

Diablo1099:

I'm trying to stay away from the more famous ones, though they might appear in small roles.

Mmmm...Alright, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Diablo1099:

Froggy Slayer:

Diablo1099:

I'm trying to stay away from the more famous ones, though they might appear in small roles.

Mmmm...Alright, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Well, make a character card my good man.

Froggy Slayer:

Well, make a character card my good man.

If I can find the time.

Froggy Slayer:
I'm starting an RP based on some of the better Creepypasta out there. It's going to be mainly story and character based; that means no die rolls here, my friends. As a GM I don't have many rules, but there are a few that I do want you to keep to.

2.No, you can't be a monster. You will play as a human. This is a horror RP, so having characters that destroy that horror aspect are a bad thing to have. In that respect, you can only have items that it makes sense for your character to be carrying, so not many of you will be having guns.
4.I want you to come up with an detailed character sheet for this RP. In that respect, you need to have an actual back story, not just 'LOL RAISED BY THE DEMONS' type of shtick.

In that respect, I have got a format that I want your character cards to follow. I'm going to allow 10 people to be on the team at the start; I may allow more in as the game advances.

I'll be able to answer any questions that you have on the RP. An intro proper to the RP should be up soon.

If this becomes a thing, I'm so in. I hope you do keep true to a horror aspect. If you want me to, I can make a character now.

DarkRawen:

Froggy Slayer:

If this becomes a thing, I'm so in. I hope you do keep true to a horror aspect. If you want me to, I can make a character now.

Go for it, my good sir. I'm waiting until I can get a bit more interest to put up an intro, if anyone is wondering.

Go for it, my good sir. I'm waiting until I can get a bit more interest to put up an intro, if anyone is wondering.

Cool, I'm a sir now.

Here's the info:

Looks cool to me. If this gets done, i'm up for it. So far every RP i've showed interest for never gets off the ground, so sorry if i've accidentally cursed your RP.

Looks pretty cool :D

Although, I would like to know where this takes place.

I've been wondering, shouldn't we have some kind of item list as well? So that no one can suddenly pull out a knife or gun when convenient?

Just a suggestion.

Woo :D Been waiting for something like this to catch my interest!

Name: Brian Faldritch

Height: 6'4

Eye Color: Brown

Hair: Brown, cut short.

Clothing: Red T-shirt, Black Shorts/Sweat pants depending on the weather. Ankle-High socks and
black sneakers.

Miscellaneous Appearance Descriptors: Almost never seen without his pair of over-ear headphones. Slight stubble on his chin. Musclebound, but also a bit fatty around the stomach.

Personality: Brian is an introvert with a slight obsession with fire, who wants nothing more than acceptance. The only things that bring him out of his shell are Cooking, Combat, and *Hard* Cider.

Abilities: Professional Chef. Strong *Can easily lift 200 pounds, but is not very mobile* Interested in applications of flame *Both a positive and a negative*

Fears: Stinging insects, deep water, large crowds, and small enclosed spaces.

Background:

Backround TL:DR *can't blame you* Grew up on an orchard in the Mid-west, attacked by hornets, and got trapped in a closet in a burning building, after which he was shipped off to school in the city. Got a degree in Culinary arts leading us to the current day.

I'm interested, but I've not RP'd a lot before, so... Where, how, how often do we expect posts, how long does this kind of thing run, and such? If I can find the time, it really sounds interesting. I'm a bit new on this, but... I think I'm in for this. :D

Spectral Dragon:
I'm interested, but I've not RP'd a lot before, so... Where, how, how often do we expect posts, how long does this kind of thing run, and such? If I can find the time, it really sounds interesting. I'm a bit new on this, but... I think I'm in for this. :D

I'm only in one other RP (my first) so I'm no expert. If the question was directed at Froggy Slayer, ignore this. (:

Where: Probably a new thread made for that, or here.

How: By posting your actions and roleplaying, and since there's no dices it should be pretty straight forward (Unless Froggy Slayer has something else in mind).

How often: In my experience (Which is barely anything) that highly depends on the people playing and the GM. People post in different patterns, some often while some... not so often.

How long: Until it ends, or everyone loses interest I guess. The one I'm in was started about a month ago, and still far from done (storywise, at least.)

I'm sorry if I wasted your time, I figured I should at least try to answer, since you asked.

DarkRawen:
I'm sorry if I wasted your time, I figured I should at least try to answer, since you asked.

Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to answer.

Anyway, count me in! I'll have a character ready by tomorrow! But now I need teh sleepzorz.

I am interested although i don't have a ton of time in the day to post tho so i dunno.
I was in one of these before but in unfortunately died from lack of fucks but i liked it.
Perhaps i could re-adapt my old character sheet from the dead one for this?

I am in the market for a new rp anyway, why not? Never tried a horror rp before but let's give it a go. I will have a sheet up asap.

I'm gonna give this a go
Name- Alan Eskrin
Age- 21
Height- 5'8"
Hair/Eye Color- Black/Green
Clothing- Black Wool Hat, Black Bandanna(worn around neck), Black Hoodie, Loose Black Cargo Pants, Black Running Shoes, Black Leather Gloves.
Miscellaneous Appearance Descriptors- A bit scrawny, usually has slight stubble on his face, short cut hair, sharp features.
Personality- Friendly and gets along with other people well, he has developed an excellent ability to lie from years of deceiving people, he dodges most questions about himself, due to the nature of his "occupation"
"Occupation"- Thief
Abilities- Astonishingly good at sneaking around and staying hidden, can pick a standard lock with relative ease, and good at deception.
Fears- People knowing what he does/ Seeing him for what he is, Jail/ Being locked in a room he can't break out of, the mob, and his mother.
Background- Alan grew up in a troubled home, and at 12, his alcoholic abusive mother killed his father and the neighbor who tried to intervene and was sentenced to death. He spent the next 6 years in a halfway house where he wasn't taken in by anyone, so he was kicked out onto the streets, where he started stealing to survive. He eventually got good at it and was able to make quite the living as a semi-professional thief. Everything was actually going well for Alan, until at 21, he unwittingly stole from a mafia boss. Instead of having him killed, he realized Alan's skill and forced him into working for him. Alan promptly fled the city and wound up in/at ________ with nothing but a some food and water, his thief tools and his folding blade.

I haven't RPed in a looong time. But what the hey.
I pride myself on the ability to write interesting characters, so they tend to be a bit different from the others. They also tend to be a source of a lot of conflict, because conflict is the heart of drama, as they say.
I re-arranged the character sheet a bit so it would fit more of a narrative flow.

Name: Hannah Quigley
Height: 5'11"
Eye Color: Blue
Hair: Blonde, short
Personality: Hannah is lazy, arrogant and mildly corrupt. She would rather take a pay-off than do her job properly, unless it was a matter she deemed serious enough. The irony is that she is an extremely talented detective, possessing both peerless observational skills and an impressive ability to process information quickly and logically. Her people skills however have become quite blunted; years of being sneered at and lied to have turned her into a gruff, cynical misanthrope.
Clothing: Black blazer over a designer blue dress shirt and matching black tie and trousers. Wears a long grey overcoat when cold, with the collars turned up to make her look cool.
Appearance: Puts a considerable effort into looking attractive, but ultimately looks about average. Though despite getting on in years, she's still pretty enough to flirt her way through interrogations if need be. Wears bright red lipstick as a kind of trademark.
Abilities: Very acute observational skills, large amount of experience dealing with potentially dangerous situations, any other skills and knowledge she has picked up during her career.
Fears: Something bad happening to her son, losing her grasp on reality, clowns.
Background: Went straight into police academy as soon as she could, having always wanted to be a cop. Made detective at the age of 25, been working Vice since she was 28, got married at 30, had a kid named Shane at 32, divorced at 40. She now has joint-custody over Shane and lives alone in a medium-sized apartment. The circumstances of her divorce are something she doesn't like to talk about, as it was quite traumatic; her ex-husband will spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair as a direct result of them.

Items:

1. Badge, clipped to belt.
  2. Glock-17 and holster, clipped to belt. (Loaded with 18 rounds)
  3. Brown leather purse containing...
  4. Colt .38 revolver. (Loaded with 6 rounds)
  5. An extra mag for the glock (total: 35)
  6. A box of 30 extra .38 rounds (total: 36)
  7. An opened pack of cigarettes (18)
  8. A cheap lighter, almost depleted
  9. Nicotine gum
  10. Pepper spray
  11. Nylon search gloves
  12. A mobile phone at 33% charge
  13. A wallet with $15, several credit cards and a picture of her son.

Never done one of theese before, so please bear with me ! I love the idea of it being horror.

Name: Mathew (Matt) LeCarpentier

Height: 5'9"

Eye Color: Brown.

Hair: very dark brown wavy hair which urgently needs a trip to the hairdresser.

Clothing: Fading blue jeans, a white t-shirt thats seen better years, comfy grey trainers and when cold a probably too large ugly green hoodie. Fashion was never a strong point of Matt.

Miscellaneous Appearance Descriptors: Average shape, very pale and roughly shaved.

Personality: Open minded and slow to judge, however his laziness holds him back in life.

Occupation: Currently working as a barman in "Le Montalbon" in order to pay of student fee's.

Abilities: Able to run long distances, do basic first-aid and remain focused when stressed.

Fears: Very scared of being classed as an outcast or judged, jail and large dogs.

Current Items:

Small sports rucksack
Purple lighter
Philip Morris Cigarettes
Samsung Mobile
Wallet with cash, debit card (and if in London an Oyster Card)
Set of work clothes (black shirt and black jeans)
Bottle of water
Phone charger

Background: Born into a modest caucasin family. Matt was the brother of 2 sisters and lived with his mother. His dad walked out one day when he was too young to remember with appparently no reason, and it remains a mystery to this day. Matt studied English Litterature for 2 years at a prestigeous university before having to bail-out due to substantial debt, and failing grades. Now 24 with a number of failed relationships, regrets about never finishing university and a garguntuam set of debts to pay. Matt has opted for the quiet life, hoping to find someone to settle down with and have a stable job. In the meantime he writes film scripts whenever possible in hope of secretly winning it big.

Here's my character! Let me know if anything needs changing, I THINK he's not overpowered or anything.

Edits: Simply clearing up a bit, making it more overviewable, and adding forgotten items it makes sense for my character to carry.

Wow! Thanks for all the interest guys. I'll put up the intro soon, I've just had quite a lot of work to do this week so it slipped my mind.

ruedyn:
Looks pretty cool :D

Although, I would like to know where this takes place.

A large city and the surrounding countryside. I don't know exactly which one; I'd prefer to do Chicago but since I'm a Brit I'm thinking that I might get some facts wrong about it so it may be something like London.

DarkRawen:
I've been wondering, shouldn't we have some kind of item list as well? So that no one can suddenly pull out a knife or gun when convenient?

Just a suggestion.

That probably would be a good idea. You can edit it if you lose or gain an item.

Froggy Slayer:

DarkRawen:

Just a suggestion.

That probably would be a good idea. You can edit it if you lose or gain an item.

Ok, should we edit it into the character info or write it somewhere else? I assume I'm not the only one that should write this kinda list, considering that would kind of defeat the purpose.

DarkRawen:

Froggy Slayer:

DarkRawen:

Just a suggestion.

Ok, should we edit it into the character info or write it somewhere else? I assume I'm not the only one that should write this kinda list, considering that would kind of defeat the purpose.

Yeah, edit it into the character info.

Froggy Slayer:

DarkRawen:

Froggy Slayer:

I've edited it into the info now, I do believe all is plausible, but if there's any problem, please tell me.

oversizedant:

Fears- People knowing what he does/ Seeing him for what he is, Jail/ Being locked in a room he can't break out of, the mob, and his mother.

I was also thinking as an interesting twist, to go along with his first fear, he is comfortable in complete darkness, but becomes uneasy in bright light.

oversizedant:

oversizedant:

I was also thinking as an interesting twist, to go along with his first fear, he is comfortable in complete darkness, but becomes uneasy in bright light.

"Bright light, bright light!"

Nah, sorry. Do you mean like in a psychological way, as if he feels that bright light reveals that which he tries to hide? Or is it simply because people see him better then?

DarkRawen:

Froggy Slayer:

DarkRawen:

I've edited it into the info now, I do believe all is plausible, but if there's any problem, please tell me.

Just edited a basic item list into mine as well, hope its okay !

pierre666lol:

DarkRawen:

Froggy Slayer:

I think you quoted the wrong person (:

Froggy Slayer:
I'm starting an RP based on some of the better Creepypasta out there.

Hopefully he works. Lemme know.

DarkRawen:

pierre666lol:

DarkRawen:

I think you may be right :$ very sorry, I'm still new to this lovely site

pierre666lol:

DarkRawen:

pierre666lol:

It's okay, I don't mind, but if you quote the wrong person the person you want to say something to don't get a message, so I thought I should tell you. (:

DarkRawen:

pierre666lol:

DarkRawen:

It's okay, I don't mind, but if you quote the wrong person the person you want to say something to don't get a message, so I thought I should tell you. (:

Well thank you kindly ^^

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked