Lightless City (A Creepypasta RP)-interest thread/sign up (Open, Not Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

pierre666lol:

DarkRawen:

pierre666lol:

I think you may be right :$ very sorry, I'm still new to this lovely site

It's okay, I don't mind, but if you quote the wrong person the person you want to say something to don't get a message, so I thought I should tell you. (:

Well thank you kindly ^^

Edit: Sorry, I don't know what happened. I meant to write, you are welcome.

DarkRawen:

oversizedant:

oversizedant:

Fears- People knowing what he does/ Seeing him for what he is, Jail/ Being locked in a room he can't break out of, the mob, and his mother.

I was also thinking as an interesting twist, to go along with his first fear, he is comfortable in complete darkness, but becomes uneasy in bright light.

"Bright light, bright light!"

Nah, sorry. Do you mean like in a psychological way, as if he feels that bright light reveals that which he tries to hide? Or is it simply because people see him better then?

In a psycological way, not just because he can be seen better

oversizedant:

DarkRawen:

oversizedant:

I was also thinking as an interesting twist, to go along with his first fear, he is comfortable in complete darkness, but becomes uneasy in bright light.

"Bright light, bright light!"

Nah, sorry. Do you mean like in a psychological way, as if he feels that bright light reveals that which he tries to hide? Or is it simply because people see him better then?

In a psycological way, not just because he can be seen better

Okay, what I meant was if he fears bright light alone, or if there's people around, (I suck at explaining but I guess that answers it.
Interesting. Quite different from a fear of darkness, and really unusual. I like it!

IamShmgeggy:

Hopefully he works. Lemme know.

If this is set in London, your character is committing a felony offence by carrying around bladed weapons without lawful reason to do so (and there is pretty much no legally acceptable reason to carry them in public).

My character would too actually, unless she's an Authorised Firearms Officer (if this is set in London, I'll probably change her background a bit).

James Joseph Emerald:

IamShmgeggy:

If this is set in London, your character is committing a felony offence by carrying around bladed weapons without lawful reason to do so (and there is pretty much no legally acceptable reason to carry them in public).

My character would too actually, unless she's an Authorised Firearms Officer (if this is set in London, I'll probably change her background a bit).

I'm fairly certain that it wont matter much when the creepy stuff starts happening. :p

IamShmgeggy:

James Joseph Emerald:

IamShmgeggy:

I'm fairly certain that it wont matter much when the creepy stuff starts happening. :p

True, but it might be a bit out-of-character for a shy, honest nice guy.
That said, most of the private security guards I've known have been the shifty types who would be inclined to carry a knife or other illegal weapon in case they get jumped.

It's your call, just thought I'd point out that in countries which lack the right to bear arms, choosing to carry a knife is considered fairly shocking and immoral.

James Joseph Emerald:

IamShmgeggy:

James Joseph Emerald:

True, but it might be a bit out-of-character for a shy, honest nice guy.
That said, most of the private security guards I've known have been the shifty types who would be inclined to carry a knife or other illegal weapon in case they get jumped.

It's your call, just thought I'd point out that in countries which lack the right to bear arms, choosing to carry a knife is considered fairly shocking and immoral.

Well once the location is decided, we'll see what happens.

James Joseph Emerald:

IamShmgeggy:

It's a Swiss army knife; I can't remember if they're legal to carry here or not. Anyway, it seems in character as long as he doesn't flaunt it.

Froggy Slayer:

James Joseph Emerald:

IamShmgeggy:

It's a Swiss army knife; I can't remember if they're legal to carry here or not. Anyway, it seems in character as long as he doesn't flaunt it.

I think James Joseph Emerald is referring to the two medium sized knives that IamShmgeggy's character has, not the Swiss army knife.

DarkRawen:

Froggy Slayer:

James Joseph Emerald:

I think James Joseph Emerald is referring to the two medium sized knives that IamShmgeggy's character has, not the Swiss army knife.

Well if it helps, i would be a foreigner who is mostly clueless as to how the city in question will be working. So... yeah I have them, but they are in my bag and i haven't used them.

IamShmgeggy:

DarkRawen:

Froggy Slayer:

Well if it helps, i would be a foreigner who is mostly clueless as to how the city in question will be working. So... yeah I have them, but they are in my bag and i haven't used them.

I don't mind, I just thought I should mention it, since there seemed to be a misunderstanding (small, but still).

IamShmgeggy:

Ah, that makes sense. They're actually legal to own, and you could check them through airport customs no problem. Carrying them in public is a serious offence, but your character probably wouldn't realise that. And in any case, my character being a cop, it could make for some interesting interaction.

Hey, is it too late to submit a sheet?

Viking Incognito:
Hey, is it too late to submit a sheet?

Nope, go ahead.

Ooh, and I'm just wondering what kind of things would offend the people here. I'm not going to endorse any racist or sexist views, but if things like rape or domestic abuse or child-killing or whatever might upset you if they are included, please tell me so I can avoid putting them in.

@Froggy Slayer: Would it be okay if a made a serial killer?

MortifiedPenguin:

Yes. In fact, it'd probably play into the scenario I've been playing very well, as long as he isn't a magic serial killer or TEH GREETEST SERIAL KILLER EVAZ

Froggy Slayer:
snip

Okay, I'm just a bit confused. The Lightless City pasta I read just has the kid, the tall guy, and the panther things. That doesn't seem like much to build an RP around, especially considering nothing is particularly visible and people only go there with a distinct purpose in mind.

Froggy Slayer:

MortifiedPenguin:

Yes. In fact, it'd probably play into the scenario I've been playing very well, as long as he isn't a magic serial killer or TEH GREETEST SERIAL KILLER EVAZ

Great! There won't be any magic involved, but I am going for a theatrical vibe.

Viking Incognito:

Froggy Slayer:
snip

Okay, I'm just a bit confused. The Lightless City pasta I read just has the kid, the tall guy, and the panther things. That doesn't seem like much to build an RP around, especially considering nothing is particularly visible and people only go there with a distinct purpose in mind.

First, you did some research, and for that, I am happy.

Well, you are right, the titular pasta is pretty simplistic. Elements from it will be involved, but the RP is more of a melting pot of many different pastas. I'm going to expand the ideas that are touched upon in the Lightless City pasta, and try to connect them to concepts in other pastas. This, as an RP, is also an attempt to create a more interconnected universe based on the better pastas. I'm sorry if the title confused you.

Froggy Slayer:

Viking Incognito:

Froggy Slayer:
snip

First, you did some research, and for that, I am happy.

Well, you are right, the titular pasta is pretty simplistic. Elements from it will be involved, but the RP is more of a melting pot of many different pastas. I'm going to expand the ideas that are touched upon in the Lightless City pasta, and try to connect them to concepts in other pastas. This, as an RP, is also an attempt to create a more interconnected universe based on the better pastas. I'm sorry if the title confused you.

No need to apologize, that sounds bad-ass.

Are you going to include the Seekers(at least I think that is what it is called)? That is the one where there are all those different artifacts called the pride, the greed, the hunger, and stuff like that and there are all these trials you have to go through to get them.

EDIT: It is called The Holders, here is a link to one of the entries: http://theholders.org/?The_Holder_of_Song

They all follow that kind of formula and there is dozens of them.

EDIT 2: if you do include that series, could I make a character sheet about a Seeker (someone who tries to collect the "Objects")?

Viking Incognito:

Are you going to include the Seekers(at least I think that is what it is called)? That is the one where there are all those different artifacts called the pride, the greed, the hunger, and stuff like that and there are all these trials you have to go through to get them.

EDIT: It is called The Holders, here is a link to one of the entries: http://theholders.org/?The_Holder_of_Song

EDIT 2: if you do include that series, could I make a character sheet about a Seeker (someone who tries to collect the "Objects")?

That sounds pretty sweet. I hadn't actually considered working the Holders mythology in, but I think I can.

Froggy Slayer:

Viking Incognito:

That sounds pretty sweet. I hadn't actually considered working the Holders mythology in, but I think I can.

So can my character be a Seeker?

Viking Incognito:

Yes, of course.

Froggy Slayer:

Viking Incognito:

Yes, of course.

You sir a a cool and creative person. I tip my hat to you.

Is this okay? Let me know if you need me to change anything.

IamShmgeggy:

DarkRawen:

Froggy Slayer:

Wait, he brought over a couple of big knives from America? It's kind of implausible (though not at all impossible) for someone to stick that sort of thing in their luggage. He could have got the knives locally in the UK, but he'd know better than anyone else (working for a security company), what you can and can't carry. If we were talking about a security guard who was knowingly breaking the law and didn't care, that would make a lot more sense.

maninahat:

IamShmgeggy:

DarkRawen:

Wait, he brought over a couple of big knives from America? It's kind of implausible (though not at all impossible) for someone to stick that sort of thing in their luggage. He could have got the knives locally in the UK, but he'd know better than anyone else (working for a security company), what you can and can't carry. If we were talking about a security guard who was knowingly breaking the law and didn't care, that would make a lot more sense.

Eh... This seems silly so i'm gonna pull out. I don't want it to be a constant form of contention. Forgive me for not having a perfect back story and not knowing about other areas. Have fun

IamShmgeggy:

maninahat:

IamShmgeggy:

Eh... This seems silly so i'm gonna pull out. I don't want it to be a constant form of contention. Forgive me for not having a perfect back story and not knowing about other areas. Have fun

Well, fuck. Then we have one less person. Seriously though, I don't get it, those knives could be of important value to him or just really good ones, it's perfectly plausible that he would carry them around then, and what does that have to do with the character working for a security company in America? Why would that require him to know about British law? I would say it's completely plausible, shame people keep hassling you about it (I am sorry if you thought I was as well, I was just trying to point out to the GM what the discussion was about so that he didn't mistake it.)

I wanted to know more about your character, but I get why you don't want to keep answering questions about it.

DarkRawen:

IamShmgeggy:

maninahat:

Well, fuck. Then we have one less person. Seriously though, I don't get it, those knives could be of important value to him or just really good ones, it's perfectly plausible that he would carry them around then, and what does that have to do with the character working for a security company in America? Why would that require him to know about British law? I would say it's completely plausible, shame people keep hassling you about it (I am sorry if you thought I was as well, I was just trying to point out to the GM what the discussion was about so that he didn't mistake it.)

I wanted to know more about your character, but I get why you don't want to keep answering questions about it.

Goodness, I don't want to drive people away, I'm just trying to understand the character better.

The thing about about a security guard coming to work in the UK is that he would have been told what is and isn't allowed. I honestly don't mind him carrying the knives, as long as the character knows what he is doing. Perhaps he does just likes his knives and is disregarding the law. If it gets explained in the sheet, I'll understand.

This is all assuming it does take place in London, which it might not.

maninahat:

DarkRawen:

IamShmgeggy:

Goodness, I don't want to drive people away, I'm just trying to understand the character better.

The thing about about a security guard coming to work in the UK is that he would have been told what is and isn't allowed. I honestly don't mind him carrying the knives, as long as the character knows what he is doing. Perhaps he does just likes his knives and is disregarding the law. If it gets explained in the sheet, I'll understand.

This is all assuming it does take place in London, which it might not.

It seems that might have already happened, but you're not the only one who has questioned it. And, I would say that he might not have been informed of it, considering he was transferred in something that seemed like a hurry, considering they were trying to keep him from finding out something. (at least, that's the impression I got.) It might even be a set up.
But I don't know if we'll find out.

Is this the first character to be based entirely around the mythos of a different creepypasta?

IamShmgeggy:

I didn't mean any offence. It's perfectly understandable that you wouldn't know about London's laws/views on carrying knives. I was just trying to help your character fit the setting better.

But if your response to minor contentions like this is to bail out, maybe it's for the best that you do that now rather than half-way through.

James Joseph Emerald:

IamShmgeggy:

I didn't mean any offence. It's perfectly understandable that you wouldn't know about London's laws/views on carrying knives. I was just trying to help your character fit the setting better.

But if your response to minor contentions like this is to bail out, maybe it's for the best that you do that now rather than half-way through.

You spelled offense wrong. It didnt seem like you were trying to help me fit better, you seemed as though you were trying to pick a fight, and rather than engage in that with you, i'd rather just drop out.

IamShmgeggy:

You spelled offense wrong. It didnt seem like you were trying to help me fit better, you seemed as though you were trying to pick a fight, and rather than engage in that with you, i'd rather just drop out.

I use non-USA spelling because I'm not from the USA.
And I wasn't trying to pick a fight. Why would I do that?
I was just pointing out a minor inconsistency, something which I never blamed you for missing.
It may have been pedantic of me, but I never imagined it would turn into a big deal.
In fact, I was fairly satisfied that you were in the right. So I dropped it.

Gah, so many people carrying penknives with them. I've edited it out of my character's sheet (if I need one, I only have to ask anyone else).

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked