Lightless City (A Creepypasta RP)-interest thread/sign up (Open, Not Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

maninahat:
Gah, so many people carrying penknives with them. I've edited it out of my character's sheet (if I need one, I only have to ask anyone else).

Imagine the arguments, everyone suddenly pulls out knives and start waving them around.If it helps, my character doesn't carry any weapons.(:

DarkRawen:

maninahat:
Gah, so many people carrying penknives with them. I've edited it out of my character's sheet (if I need one, I only have to ask anyone else).

Imagine the arguments, everyone suddenly pulls out knives and start waving them around.If it helps, my character doesn't carry any weapons.(:

Hah, the funniest part is that in this kind of horror setting, it doesn't seem like a weapon (particularly a knife) would even be useful.
Any bad guy who can be defeated with a penknife is a pretty pathetic bad guy.

James Joseph Emerald:

DarkRawen:

maninahat:

Hah, the funniest part is that in this kind of horror setting, it doesn't seem like a weapon (particularly a knife) would even be useful.

Yeah, I know. That's why I imagine people would start waving them at each other, rather than the shadows and monsters (: I wonder what kind of creepy pasta (Apart from those that apply to the title) there will be. Perhaps one of them can only be killed with a penknife? JK (:

James Joseph Emerald:

DarkRawen:

maninahat:

What if he was defeated by ten guys with ten penknives? I think we might be in with a chance against the Slender man.

I have a couple of penknives in real life, but I always forget to bring them. Luckily, I very rarely have to dig bullets out of people's legs. It's kind of convenient that everyone remembers to bring theirs along for the RPG, but meh, never mind.

maninahat:

James Joseph Emerald:

DarkRawen:

What if he was defeated by ten guys with ten penknives? I think we might be in with a chance against the Slender man.

I have a couple of penknives in real life, but I always forget to bring them. Luckily, I very rarely have to dig bullets out of people's legs. It's kind of convenient that everyone remembers to bring theirs along for the RPG, but meh, never mind.

Well, mine does have the pistol of unholy evil.

Viking Incognito:

Is this the first character to be based entirely around the mythos of a different creepypasta?

Seems that way. I don't think anyone has any special powers, as of yet.

maninahat:

Viking Incognito:

Is this the first character to be based entirely around the mythos of a different creepypasta?

He doesn't really posses the abilities, it is just the Objects that have the properties. And the multiple personality disorder isn't so much a power as it is, well...a disorder.

Viking Incognito:

maninahat:

Viking Incognito:

He doesn't really posses the abilities, it is just the Objects that have the properties. And the multiple personality disorder isn't so much a power as it is, well...a disorder.

Ah, okay. I'm not familiar with The Holders mythos. I'm an SCP man myself.

Wow, I looked up the Lightless City and Holders mythos, and now I'm feeling like my humble barman is a little underpowered... This should be interesting.

I've just done a bit of reading, and have remembered why I wanted the American setting in the first place! Do any of the Americans here live around or in an area with easy access to remote, heavily forested areas?

pierre666lol:
Wow, I looked up the Lightless City and Holders mythos, and now I'm feeling like my humble barman is a little underpowered... This should be interesting.

I thought the entire point of a horror story is to feel underpowered. That's why my character is a 69 year old retiree with a fear of buttons.

Edit: forgot to hit the "quote"

maninahat:

pierre666lol:

I thought the entire point of a horror story is to feel underpowered. That's why my character is a 69 year old retiree with a fear of buttons.

Youre 100% correct ! A while ago I was apprehensive thinking that my character would meet his untimely demise very quickly, but then I realized - it's going to be more challenging and fun this way. I must admit, your character is my personal favourite so far, he really stands out from the others and very believable.

pierre666lol:

maninahat:

pierre666lol:

Youre 100% correct ! A while ago I was apprehensive thinking that my character would meet his untimely demise very quickly, but then I realized - it's going to be more challenging and fun this way. I must admit, your character is my personal favourite so far, he really stands out from the others and very believable.

He has a fear of buttons, who doesn't favorite this man? Also, he's the group "Grandpa", that's awesome.

pierre666lol:

maninahat:

pierre666lol:

I am curious how far my character could get in a horror scenario. He won't be able to sprint anywhere and he's not going to hold up in a fight - so that means I have to be either extra careful, or very good at keeping the young bloods between me and the fray. Perhaps he'll get killed after five minutes and I'll have to roll a slightly more hale and hearty character. Who knows.

DarkRawen:

pierre666lol:

maninahat:

He has a fear of buttons, who doesn't favorite this man? Also, he's the group "Grandpa", that's awesome.

I based the phobia off of a person I knew for real. What made it worse was that she actually worked as a haberdasher. As long as she avoided noticing buttons she was fine, but one day, whilst she was trying to squeeze through a small gap, a button popped off of her shirt. She was completely petrified the moment she realized what had happened, and remained that way until I could get the button out of sight.

It's odd, but that isn't even the oddest phobia I've heard. Her niece was terrified of fishes (specifically their eyes), a guy I talked to the other day had a fear of open grand pianos (and their visceral looking interior), and even I get funny feelings when I see toenails being clipped.

maninahat:

DarkRawen:

pierre666lol:

I based the phobia off of a person I knew for real. What made it worse was that she actually worked as a haberdasher. As long as she avoided noticing buttons she was fine, but one day, whilst she was trying to squeeze through a small gap, a button popped off of her shirt. She was completely petrified the moment she realized what had happened, and remained that way until I could get the button out of sight.

It's odd, but that isn't even the oddest phobia I've heard. Her niece was terrified of fishes (specifically their eyes), a guy I talked to the other day had a fear of open grand pianos (and their visceral looking interior), and even I get funny feelings when I see toenails being clipped.

Wow, seriously? People have it rough. I mean, I know people have these kinds of phobias, but when you hear of actual people with them it's a completely different thing. Closest thing to a phobia I have i getting hit by a car, and that's not a phobia, considering it's not very illogical.

Edit: I notice now that this might seem kind of rude, but I don't have any rude intentions, so I'm sorry if that's how it is. I'm just bad at putting what I feel into words (when it's my own opinions or questions)

maninahat:

It's odd, but that isn't even the oddest phobia I've heard.

It's interesting, but I'm even more interested as to how you'll pull it off in a horror context without it seeming comedic ("Ah, a monster made entirely of buttons!"). That's not to say you can't mix comedy and horror together to great effect ("John Dies in the End" is a brilliant example).

And that's not me being snarky, I really am curious. I can actually think of at least one way to make buttons creepy (i.e. that movie Coraline).

maninahat:

pierre666lol:

maninahat:

I am curious how far my character could get in a horror scenario. He won't be able to sprint anywhere and he's not going to hold up in a fight - so that means I have to be either extra careful, or very good at keeping the young bloods between me and the fray. Perhaps he'll get killed after five minutes and I'll have to roll a slightly more hale and hearty character. Who knows.

It's generally a very good game plan for any of thoose situations Mr. Maninahat. Here's hoping you keep the same awesome character through whatever RP has to offer.

Froggy Slayer:
I've just done a bit of reading, and have remembered why I wanted the American setting in the first place! Do any of the Americans here live around or in an area with easy access to remote, heavily forested areas?

Do you mean the people in the thread? If so I do if you had a question, or are you talking about the characters?

maninahat:

James Joseph Emerald:

DarkRawen:

I thought the point of the knives would be as a tool, not a weapon.

oversizedant:

maninahat:

James Joseph Emerald:

I thought the point of the knives would be as a tool, not a weapon.

That's correct, but people will inevitably try to weaponize them if they can't find anything better.

I don't plan for my character to have it at first, just when creepy shit actually starts to happen. Even then, yeah, a knife won't do a thing to slendy. Perhaps Jeff, but he can be killed fairly easily me thinks.

I don't live near a forest unfortunately :\

Froggy Slayer:

Seems Idaho or something would be great - big state, most heavily forested in the US. Post Falls as the city - plenty of space and surrounded by quite a lot of tree covered mountains?

Not that I live in the US - this is all based on 10 minutes on google.

oversizedant:

Froggy Slayer:

Do you mean the people in the thread? If so I do if you had a question, or are you talking about the characters?

The actual people, not the characters.

Froggy Slayer:

I'm in the northern End of Utah and there are quite a few heavily forested areas in and around here, with streams and mountains and such

If that works, lemme know

Froggy Slayer:
snip

So how are things coming along? And how are all the character sheets; what's your opinion of them?

maninahat:

Froggy Slayer:
snip

So how are things coming along? And how are all the character sheets; what's your opinion of them?

Pretty good; the character cards all seem to be in order. There's one more person who's character card I'm waiting to see, but after that we're essentially ready to go.

Froggy Slayer:

maninahat:

Froggy Slayer:
snip

Pretty good; the character cards all seem to be in order. There's one more person who's character card I'm waiting to see, but after that we're essentially ready to go.

Who? I'll bother him with the force of 20 chihuahuas!

Knives for everyone :3

@Froggy Slayer: I'll add some info on the murders in a bit, sorry it took so long to get the sheet up, but you know, life happens.

Froggy Slayer:
Lotsa stuff

Is this one still happening, or is it abandoned? It seems to have died a little, so I'm just asking.

Froggy Slayer:

I think if you wait much longer to get started, people are going to start forgetting about this thing...

Still here, but this definately looks abandoned...

pierre666lol:

Yep, seems like that to me as well.

DarkRawen:

pierre666lol:

Yep, seems like that to me as well.

forgive me for asking, but do people usually announce that the thing has ended? Or do they just leave it ?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked