Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I am looking for up to 3 players to join a inprogress, any information you will need to know about the RP other then the following information will be PMed to you. If you have any questions ask away.

nuba km:

IMPORTANT: First when the phrase magic residue comes up check the section of magic vs powers for an explanation. Second I am dyslexic and I was working with a friend on these posts and he said he would spell check all of these segments as I send him these, if these aren't the corrected version I apologies but I am going to spell check all my future posts to the bests of my abilities but understand I have my off days when it comes to this. Just tell me if you don't understand something and I will try and clear it up either by edit or messaging.

just making it clear that any type of magic can be learned by any race it is just that the magic mentioned in each race sheet is the one that that race is most talented in and have done the most research into.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can make up locations, noble families, crime groups etc. as needed for your character.

nuba km:

I'm somewhat interested, I'm in a real life RPG group so I've gotten some experience. Have me on hold while I try to cook up a character. Cheers!

I would be interested in this.

btw, I don't know how to 'hide' my text as you've done, so that it requires clicking to open the text box. That would be handy too, thanks

evilengine:
btw, I don't know how to 'hide' my text as you've done, so that it requires clicking to open the text box. That would be handy too, thanks

[/spoiler][spoiler] except the other way around, with you text in the middle.

a rough first draft of my character. There's a few things that may not be in depth enough, and I've no idea about the powers/magic side, so I'll need some help in that regard.

evilengine:
a rough first draft of my character. There's a few things that may not be in depth enough, and I've no idea about the powers/magic side, so I'll need some help in that regard.

Matsumancy is the primary magic of the bovur(tough that can do any type of magic), powers and magic are different from magic hence the magic vs. power segment. Powers can be anything as long has they have a connecting theme. They develop in stages (as seen on other character sheets) you will most likely start of with stage 1 or stage 2 powers by the time the rp starts. when you characters power first developed in the past you are allowed to have a one off burst of all stages but your character would only have the first stage available after.

nuba km:

evilengine:

Matsumancy is the primary magic of the bovur(tough that can do any type of magic), powers and magic are different from magic hence the magic vs. power segment. Powers can be anything as long has they have a connecting theme. They develop in stages (as seen on other character sheets) you will most likely start of with stage 1 or stage 2 powers by the time the rp starts. when you characters power first developed in the past you are allowed to have a one off burst of all stages but your character would only have the first stage available after.

Well you know the powers/magic better then I do, if you suggest Matsumancy(whatever that is) then so be it, if you can tell me any other powers that the Buvor commonly have that would help me big time.

evilengine:

nuba km:

evilengine:

Well you know the powers/magic better then I do, if you suggest Matsumancy(whatever that is) then so be it, if you can tell me any other powers that the Buvor commonly have that would help me big time.

The character you will be playing won't be a mage, so they won't know matsumancy(magic spells based on manipulating movement and travel), the character you are playing will basically have a super power, which can be anything.

ok, change to my powers then.

Main Power: Manipulation of all things natural. His born powers and his pagan worshiping has blessed Reetch with the ability to communicate and interact with anything organic, allowing him to manipulate them to his needs.

LEVEL 1: Can manipulate grass, leaves, twigs and very small trickles of water.

LEVEL 2: Loose branches and some vines are under his control, can also partially control small streams.

LEVEL 3: Small to medium sized trees can be moved, branches and all. Vines and roots are now like tendrils, able to grab and ensnare. The earth, soil and clay now also moves, though at greater effort.

LEVEL 4: Can cause smaller trees to uproot and move entirely, like living beings. Larger trees can now be moved, but not off the spot. Can change the earth more easily, causing pits, crevasses, and rising small mounds and hills.

LEVEL 5: A true pagan spirit, Reetch can practically change anything with natural properties, trees and rivers move at will, even rock and stone warps to his command. Can create golem-like beings from clay, rock, water and wood.

evilengine:

Main Power: Manipulation of all things natural. His born powers and his pagan worshiping has blessed Reetch with the ability to communicate and interact with anything organic, allowing him to manipulate them to his needs.

LEVEL 2: Loose branches and some vines are under his control, can also partially control small streams.

LEVEL 3: Small to medium sized trees can be moved, branches and all. Vines and roots are now like tendrils, able to grab and ensnare. The earth, soil and clay now also moves, though at greater effort.

LEVEL 4: Can cause smaller trees to uproot and move entirely, like living beings. Larger trees can now be moved, but not off the spot. Can change the earth more easily, causing pits, crevasses, and rising small mounds and hills.

LEVEL 5: A true pagan spirit, Reetch can practically change anything with natural properties, trees and rivers move at will, even rock and stone warps to his command. Can create golem-like beings from clay, rock, water and wood.

just 1 small thing, people don't know where the powers come from (people with powers are called enhanced beings and under the races section you see each different races generally believed theory), though your character can believe that his powers came from his pagan worship.

Other then that the power seems very reasonable, and your character will enter the rp at stage 2.

nuba km:

evilengine:

just 1 small thing, people don't know where the powers come from (people with powers are called enhanced beings and under the races section you see each different races generally believed theory), though your character can believe that his powers came from his pagan worship.

Other then that the power seems very reasonable, and your character will enter the rp at stage 2.

that's no problem, it's basically just Reetch and his folks not knowing, so I guess he was free to work it out for himself. Anyway, thanks. PM me any more info I might need, and when you're about to start up.

evilengine:
snip

just post a edit character sheet when done then we will work on your entrance to the rp and any extra information you might need.

ok, finalized character sheet.

evilengine:

seems like a good sheet, I just want to make sure you understand what a stat of 10 means (as misunderstanding of it caused the last guys death) a 10 in the physical site of things would be a professional athlete level but not Olympian level, while in the mental stats would be a good engineer or good scientist level.

nuba km:

evilengine:

seems like a good sheet, I just want to make sure you understand what a stat of 10 means (as misunderstanding of it caused the last guys death) a 10 in the physical site of things would be a professional athlete level but not Olympian level, while in the mental stats would be a good engineer or good scientist level.

Understood, he's no superman, he's just pretty damn quick. And yeah, I know about the bomb clown. =P

evilengine:
snip

well somebody else has pm about a character, and depending on how his sheet goes it might make sense for his and your character to have met before meeting the group, so once his sheet is finished you two will be able to join the rp soon.

Hello everyone heres my sheet =D

Hey, I'll have a sheet up later tonight.

MortifiedPenguin:
Hey, I'll have a sheet up later tonight.

very good sheet but for plot reasons the history will need some edits:
1. for reasons a character such as yours wouldn't have been send into combat, tough what I would suggest is that he escaped the night of his execution (not knowing they were going to fake it).

2. Explosives/gun powder would be a new thing and I have told other people that muskets haven't been invented, but if you make it so he crafted one on the night of his escape I would let that slide. But it would have to be one of those properly long reload muskets, so in a fight you might get 1 or two shots off with it.

as for the power:
1. if it goes the path of least resistance then most attacks would go into the ground nearly straight away, so I would like you to add a range you need to be in for the lightning to hit, this would be a very short range, tough increased at later stages.

2. As for lightning strikes from the 5 stage I would like to see a cool down so maybe every 15 seconds, that or he simply can't aim the lightning strikes so things such as a metal rod would simply counter them.

3. Something doesn't quite sit right with me about the electrical rope, tough you can keep it if you wan't I would prefer it to be gone(a metal coated whip can always be arranged).

4. at stage 4 I would like a rough time limit he can keep the power up.

nuba km:
-Snip-

History stuff:

1) As some of what happened in the tower is kind of important to his character, I'll change it so he escape from the tower.

2) The firearm he uses is more of advanced culverin then a musket, I just described it as that so it would be easier to imagine how it looks.

Power stuff:

1) Yeah, that slipped my mind, I'll change it so the bolts he can fire have a limited ranges to begin with.

2) I'll add a cooldown, he can kinda aim it, but if there is something like lightning rod that could divert it he would have no control over where it's going.

3) Okay then, I think I'll remove that.

4) that seems obvious as well.

I'll get on the edits soon.

MortifiedPenguin:

nuba km:
-Snip-

History stuff:

1) As some of what happened in the tower is kind of important to his character, I'll change it so he escape from the tower.

2) The firearm he uses is more of advanced culverin then a musket, I just described it as that so it would be easier to imagine how it looks.

Power stuff:

1) Yeah, that slipped my mind, I'll change it so the bolts he can fire have a limited ranges to begin with.

2) I'll add a cooldown, he can kinda aim it, but if there is something like lightning rod that could divert it he would have no control over where it's going.

3) Okay then, I think I'll remove that.

4) that seems obvious as well.

I'll get on the edits soon.

If I may interject here, how about for the first 2 Power Levels your character can't arc lightning bolts?

For example, in Level 1 he can't produce lightning bolts but instead stabs an enemy with a sword/spear and then fires electricity down the metal? and for Level 2, perhaps he can fire lightning, but he must use a metal pole or wand to build up a current or something? That'll make weapon use a bit more interesting, your character uses swords, spears, poles and even whips, makes contact and churns 10,000 volts down them into whatever poor soul he's attacking.

Just my 2 cents.

How's that?

MortifiedPenguin:
snip

sorry I haven't got round to reading your character sheet, just due to IRL stuff I have had a lot on my mind I will hopefully get around to reading the edit within the next 3 days, sorry about it taking so long.

nuba km:

MortifiedPenguin:
snip

sorry I haven't got round to reading your character sheet, just due to IRL stuff I have had a lot on my mind I will hopefully get around to reading the edit within the next 3 days, sorry about it taking so long.

That's okay. Gives me some time to add a few little nuances that I've recently thought of.

What do you think? I balanced the fact that he's as strong as a bear with the fact that he's as heavy as a bear, and ergo isn't that agile.
I also balanced the fact that he knows what he's doing when it comes to his shaman stuff with the point that he's as charismatic as a brick and shy as a hermit crab.

evilengine:
-Snip-

Hah, that'd be so cool, I imagined him spinning a staff over his head to build up electric potential, then bringing it round to smack someone in the face with the sound of crashing thunder.

evilengine:
-Super Snip-

Those are some pretty cool ideas you've got there, but the thing is, I wanted Alderic to be more projectile based in his fighting style (if he even has one, he's an inventor not a soldier) then melee based.

olza:

What do you think? I balanced the fact that he's as strong as a bear with the fact that he's as heavy as a bear, and ergo isn't that agile.
I also balanced the fact that he knows what he's doing when it comes to his shaman stuff with the point that he's as charismatic as a brick and shy as a hermit crab.

I'm not the GM, just some one you might be playing with.

i like it, it's an interesting take on energy manipulation, plus, we could use a healer ^^;;

Lunar Templar:

i like it, it's an interesting take on energy manipulation, plus, we could use a healer ^^;;

I thought I'd keep the idea of sticking to only manipulating adenosine triphosphate for the first couple of levels. look it up if you don't know what I mean. :)
Later levels are more magically oriented. Wait, do you have a character?

olza:

Lunar Templar:

I thought I'd keep the idea of sticking to only manipulating adenosine triphosphate for the first couple of levels. look it up if you don't know what I mean. :)
Later levels are more magically oriented. Wait, do you have a character?

i have 2, Rias and Karen are mine.

*waits for the scroll up to investigate*

yeah ^^;; sorry about Rias and Karen's back grounds, they kinda suck ... though Rias's has since been rewritten

Lunar Templar:

yeah ^^;; sorry about Rias and Karen's back grounds, they kinda suck ... though Rias's has since been rewritten

*Scrolls up*
*Scrolls back down*
*Scrolls back up*

I'm uuh, not seeing anything here. Is there another thread?

*edit* found the other thread, your characters look boss. :)

Lunar Templar:
-snip-

also Take no notice of any random "John"s in Ivaan's profile.
If I can't immediately think of a name a start building the character with the name "John Smith" instead. I've removed all the ones I could see but could you tell me if you see any? Thanks.

olza:

Lunar Templar:

*Scrolls up*
*Scrolls back down*
*Scrolls back up*

I'm uuh, not seeing anything here. Is there another thread?

*edit* found the other thread, your characters look boss. :)

also Take no notice of any random "John"s in Ivaan's profile.
If I can't immediately think of a name a start building the character with the name "John Smith" instead. I've removed all the ones I could see but could you tell me if you see any? Thanks.

thanks :) though Karen could probably be a bit more balanced >.> a 'lack of ranged abilitys' isn't much of a weakness when the character's designed with the military definition of 'tank' in mind

hehe, yeah, Karen's posted sheet has a 'Hel' or two lingering still, as that was going to be her name, back when she had a totally different back story, though, I'm not to keen on the 'rush job' back story she's got now.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked