Cannon fodder (fantasy superpower rp) (closed)

Pages PREV 1 2

Lunar Templar:
thanks :) though Karen could probably be a bit more balanced >.> a 'lack of ranged abilitys' isn't much of a weakness when the character's designed with the military definition of 'tank' in mind

hehe, yeah, Karen's posted sheet has a 'Hel' or two lingering still, as that was going to be her name, back when she had a totally different back story, though, I'm not to keen on the 'rush job' back story she's got now.

*Shrug* I'd talk to the GM about that. I'm no expert.
and the back story seems ok. Why? what's wrong with it?

olza:

Lunar Templar:
thanks :) though Karen could probably be a bit more balanced >.> a 'lack of ranged abilitys' isn't much of a weakness when the character's designed with the military definition of 'tank' in mind

hehe, yeah, Karen's posted sheet has a 'Hel' or two lingering still, as that was going to be her name, back when she had a totally different back story, though, I'm not to keen on the 'rush job' back story she's got now.

*Shrug* I'd talk to the GM about that. I'm no expert.
and the back story seems ok. Why? what's wrong with it?

eh, it's just not what i had in mind at first for her. Karen's original concept was a demon or demon related, (hence the 'demon form', and why i was going to name her Hel to begin with) but to make it work was just a massive pain, so i change her to 'enchanted human' and made her a big dumb brute. i just feel it could be better ya know?

Edit: I am not a clever man.

olza:
It would appear the thread has died.
Ashes to ashes.
It passed away before it's time.

it hasn't died, I have just been short on time, going to do a bit of work and then go over your character sheet.

olza:
snip

MortifiedPenguin:
snip

after putting the vote up to the group both of you are getting into RP, put soem edits will still have to be made. I will inform you of these edits tomorrow as I want to use the rest of my night for some me time.

olza:

ok just pointing out that because Ivaan doesn't know/can't know animancy he would not be titled as a shaman but just as a healer. apart from that your sheet is fine, he will be entering the rp at power level 2.

nuba km:
- Snip -

Uh...You haven't mentioned any edits I need to make. Is it that I don't need to make any or something?

MortifiedPenguin:

nuba km:
- Snip -

Uh...You haven't mentioned any edits I need to make. Is it that I don't need to make any or something?

no its things have been keeping me busy, tough holidays are right round the cornor.

nuba km:

ok just pointing out that because Ivaan doesn't know/can't know animancy he would not be titled as a shaman but just as a healer. apart from that your sheet is fine, he will be entering the rp at power level 2.

Hmm. that might be a problem. a big part of his backstory is that he was training to be a shaman.
Do shamans learn animancy late in their training?
It would make the problem go away if they did.

olza:

nuba km:

Hmm. that might be a problem. a big part of his backstory is that he was training to be a shaman.
Do shamans learn animancy late in their training?
It would make the problem go away if they did.

you need to be able to do animancy to become a shaman, though having a alternative healing power would still keep him regarded highly in sophornius society just not as high as a shaman.

MortifiedPenguin:

How's that?

Just saying, nothing is powered by electricity so why would there be a tower to harness his electricity? Also just making sure the devices that he invented to do stuff like fetch water are just mechanical nothing powered by electricity.

nuba km:

you need to be able to do animancy to become a shaman, though having a alternative healing power would still keep him regarded highly in sophornius society just not as high as a shaman.

The fact that he's a shaman in training is central to his character.
Can I add that he knows a little animancy? not enough to be a fully fledged shaman, but enough to be one in training?

The reason why he needs to be a shaman in training is because the fact that he was one added to the shock felt by the members of his village when he lost his temper and attcked humans illegally logging near his village.

It adds an aspect of redemption to his character, he's looking for knowledge and self control in the outside world to prove he can become a fully fledged shaman.

Updated profile including animancy.
What do you think?

olza:

Updated profile including animancy.
What do you think?

enhanced being can't learn animancy, but you could make it that his powers were initially mistaken for animancy.

nuba km:

enhanced being can't learn animancy, but you could make it that his powers were initially mistaken for animancy.

A brilliant Idea!
Here's an updated version including that idea.

olza:

nuba km:

A brilliant Idea!
Here's an updated version including that idea.

well everything seems to be fine, now to work on getting your character into the rp.

nuba km:

well everything seems to be fine, now to work on getting your character into the rp.

Cool. Where do I post, and what's the situation on first post?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here