Rest in Pieces: A Mass Effect RP (interest topic)(full, but open via PM)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

I've been out of RPing on here for quite some time. For those who know me, howdy. For those that don't...howdy anyways.

If you are interested, please let me know. I'll put up a sample character sheet with what I am looking for. I'm going to stick with a group of 8 or so to begin with, although more might join later, depending on how the story goes.

One question, was the explosion red, green or blue? Kind of matters.

Whichever color was the Destroy ending. That's why I mentioned that the synthetics had to be rebuilt, and why there was a delay on the quarians getting their immune systems fixed.

So red then, alright I will have a sheet in soon enough.

No hurry. I'd rather have a good sheet than a quick one.

Interest is piqued. Character will be constructed. Questions though:

1) What about the other races (volus, hannar, batarian, synthetic, etc); can they be played? I'm personally not going to play any of them (I'm leaning Human or Asari, because the idea I have in mind requires biotics), I'm just curious.

2) Are the abilities limited to those in the games or can they be unique? More directly, I really want to be able to punch someone in the jaw with a biotic-induced, fist.

3) Any major political changes since the events of ME3 (have the Volus finally rolled to the top, or is the sky still Asari blue?).

Let me know at your convenience.

1) They can, but playing as a volus would be tricky thanks to the whole "One shot, go boom" thing.

2) What you want to do is an ability in ME3, so that's fine. Unique abilities are subject to my approval, to make sure they are balanced.

3) Not really, other than the krogan and quarian Spectres. 4 race Council. They do have quarian and krogan diplomats, however, to communicate with the Council, basically putting them at the level of the volus and other such races.

Can I be a geth?

Sorry it was short but that was all I had on my mind.

Yes. But keep in mind, geth are probably not totally forgiven 50 years later, when there was a 300 year old grudge against them.

It's cool. I assume they have gained free will at this point.

They have. Quarians aren't about to make that mistake again.

So, since they have free will, should I start saying I as a geth? That was never answered I don't think.

I think so, but it's up to you.

Geth and Hanar are the only 2 species that are interesting.

Everything else is far too human like. If extraterrestrial civilizations exist, they will probably be very different from us.

Mass Effect lore was never appealing to me, but good luck.

I was going to ask if I could be a yahg but I don't think it would work...

So I will be...

Name: Garjen 'Nighthawk' Zeros

Race: Salarian male

Description: Goes into combat in a jet pack suit similar to the turian one in the Retaliation MP DLC. His skill at maneuvering in this suit is how he earned his name. Otherwise he is a fairly unremarkable middle aged Salarian, with dark green skin.

Weapons: Carnifex or Javelin, depending on the job, and a rather expensive omni-tool.

Abilities: Cloak, Sabotage, Neural shock grenade (is it ok if I made that up?).

History: Born about 20 years after ME3 on the Salarian homeworld, Garjen was the result of a particularly successful marriage contract, and was groomed for Salarian Intelligence. He performed beyond this, showing aptitude for infiltration and sabotage. He was made a Specter. For the next few years he was active on several missions. However after only a short time in service, he dug up a mole in the Specter system who was leaking information to rival factions. The mole was a close colleague of Garjen's, so he made the mistake of confronting him before anyone else to see if it was true. His Salarian colleague acted fast, and managed to frame him for the info leaks. He fled the Salarian sector, renamed himself Nighthawk, and now spends his time covertly combating the traitors efforts, and gathering proof of the treachery so that he might one day bring justice. He also does some semi-illegal infiltration/assassination work to keep himself provisioned. It is currently unresolved, but Garjen is slowly building up a basis to attack the traitor.

Is it ok if I'm an ex Specter by the way? If not just change it all to Salarian Intel.

avouleance2nd:

She would need to be older. Geth wars started about 350 years ago.

SpectacularWebHead:

That'll work. Welcome aboard.

Thomas Barnsley:
I was going to ask if I could be a yahg but I don't think it would work...

So I will be...

Name: Garjen 'Nighthawk' Zeros

Race: Salarian male

Description: Goes into combat in a jet pack suit similar to the turian one in the Retaliation MP DLC. His skill at maneuvering in this suit is how he earned his name. Otherwise he is a fairly unremarkable middle aged Salarian, with dark green skin.

Weapons: Carnifex or Javelin, depending on the job, and a rather expensive omni-tool.

Abilities: Cloak, Sabotage, Neural shock grenade (is it ok if I made that up?).

History: Born about 20 years after ME3 on the Salarian homeworld, Garjen was the result of a particularly successful marriage contract, and was groomed for Salarian Intelligence. He performed beyond this, showing aptitude for infiltration and sabotage. He was made a Specter. For the next few years he was active on several missions. However after only a short time in service, he dug up a mole in the Specter system who was leaking information to rival factions. The mole was a close colleague of Garjen's, so he made the mistake of confronting him before anyone else to see if it was true. His Salarian colleague acted fast, and managed to frame him for the info leaks. He fled the Salarian sector, renamed himself Nighthawk, and now spends his time covertly combating the traitors efforts, and gathering proof of the treachery so that he might one day bring justice. He also does some semi-illegal infiltration/assassination work to keep himself provisioned. It is currently unresolved, but Garjen is slowly building up a basis to attack the traitor.

Is it ok if I'm an ex Specter by the way? If not just change it all to Salarian Intel.

Neural shock grenade is fine, but what are the weaknesses of the jet pack? Being allowed to fly around willy-nilly could cause some issues with finding balance.

As for the ex-Spectre thing, that works. I just don't want any current Spectres.

thebobmaster:

Snip

I've made a few edits along with the age thing.

So is that all? Is the character accepted?

SpectacularWebHead:

Snip

Thomas Barnsley:

Snip

Would either of you be interested in setting up shared back story between our characters? Could be good preparation for the rp and would be good to work out how our character's would or wouldn't get on.

avouleance2nd:

thebobmaster:

Snip

Character accepted. Welcome aboard.

avouleance2nd:

thebobmaster:

Snip

SpectacularWebHead:

Snip

Thomas Barnsley:

Snip

Would either of you be interested in setting up shared back story between our characters? Could be good preparation for the rp and would be good to work out how our character's would or wouldn't get on.

If you like. Just to clarify, you're the asari/quarian Gnos, right?

SpectacularWebHead:

Snip

Sure am

Any ideas already or not yet?

If you've spent some time with Quarians you might have heard of me.

avouleance2nd:

SpectacularWebHead:

Snip

Sure am

Any ideas already or not yet?

If you've spent some time with Quarians you might have heard of me.

Maybe met you a couple of times, sort of both of us as casual acquaintances or something.

SpectacularWebHead:

Snip

Possibly

What do you personally and what does your character think of my character?

I'll give this a shot. Tell me how badly I suck at this!

ruedyn:

Snip

I've asked the others but would you like to set up shared back story?

avouleance2nd:

ruedyn:

Snip

I've asked the others but would you like to set up shared back story?

Sure, I think we could get into quite the shenanigan together :D

ruedyn:
I'll give this a shot. Tell me how badly I suck at this!

Not bad, but I have one point that I want to make sure you've considered. Would a quarian Spectre really want someone with that rumor floating around working on her team? If you are willing to accept the consequences your character would have with that...reputation, than I don't mind. Bit dark, even for the setting, but it's just backstory.

thebobmaster:
Not bad, but I have one point that I want to make sure you've considered. Would a quarian Spectre really want someone with that rumor floating around working on her team? If you are willing to accept the consequences your character would have with that...reputation, than I don't mind. Bit dark, even for the setting, but it's just backstory.

Yeah, I've been in a bit of a grimdark mood lately (Although, I never said he did it.) :\

Still, I think I can live with the consequences.

ruedyn:

Snip

Any ideas?

just want to throw these questions out there before i try and make a sheet:

1. who lived through Mass Effect 3 in the RP?

2. can you use any of those people as your ancester

3.if the love intrest of the shepard in the RP survived, will we meet his decendent?(i know that that ancestery would be off limits in terms of player characters dont worry.)

4.whats the time frame till the start?

5. finally what times were you planing to hold sessions.

(sorry if anythings misspelled spell check is haveing issuses today and im dyslexic so yeah spellings not my strong point unassisted will have it fixed by tonight.)

avouleance2nd:

ruedyn:

Snip

Any ideas?

No, but they could've worked together as an enemy of my enemy sort of thing?

I don't have much :|

1. Everyone but EDI. However, don't expect any surprise appearances.

2. I'd rather you not, as it's an easy way to inadvertently Mary Sue.

3. No, you will not.

4. Once I get the number of people I want, I'll start soon.

5. It's hard to plan sessions at certain times with so many timezones, so the general rule is two action posts and a reasonable number of dialogue posts between my posts, to prevent someone missing a day, and returning to find they are 8 pages and an story progression behind.

ruedyn:

thebobmaster:

Yeah, I've been in a bit of a grimdark mood lately (Although, I never said he did it.) :\

Still, I think I can live with the consequences.

Welcome, then.

Name: Valentin Niktovich Volkov
Species: Drell
Description: Tall, wiry, and green. Extensive burn scars up the left side of his torso and face (eyes intact). Looks like he would have been very handsome before the scarring. Wears a button-up shirt, waistcoat and jeans.
Weapons: Heavily modified & personalised sniper rifle, named 'Kostya'. Throwing knives.
Abilities:*see below
History: Valentin doesn't know the circumstances of his birth, or who his real parents are - all he knows is that he was dropped on the doorstep of a Moskovian couple who had recently moved to the Citadel and he was raised by them. This resulted in him being raised in a human culture, meaning that he has no strong connection to the drell or drell identity - for example, he is not religious, as many of the drell are, and he has no great love for the hanar. He neglects to tell people about his childhood for reasons that only he and his personnel file know - but at age 18 he ran away from his home to live on the streets somewhere else in Zakera ward. It didn't go well for him, and after an incident with a gang leader that left him unconscious in a ditch with extensive burns up the left side of his body, he was taken in by C-Sec and given medical care and a job. He didn't talk much, but spent most of his time in the firing range avoiding contact with anyone else. He was eventually promoted to investigator despite the animosity of his peers, has recovered from his depression following his injury, and has remained in the wards fighting crime since.
Further Notes: Things I know but haven't included here for the sake of dramatic tension are: the state of his childhood, what his parents were like, if he ever saw them again, why his gun is called Kostya, the incident with the gang leader. Valentin is...how to put it...fond of taking the piss? He's not of the belief that 'professionalism' entails 'acting like Scrooge with a stick up his end all of the time', and is fond of joking around both in his free time and on the job, a habit which has earned him equal parts respect and derision.

* abilities. If you don't object at all, I would like to trade in all 3 abilities for improbably good aim with his rifle (and competency with throwing knives, as a given). If not, please say.

Also, our characters would have been at C-Sec together, but yours wouldn't have known him personally, only known of him and seen him around. If you'd rather I include the un-included bits, or even PM you with them, please say.

If not, I have a backup:

Name: Admiral Merry Sioux
Species: Half-human, half-drell
Description: pretty
Weapons: everything
Abilities: Biotic powers, tech powers, and omnipotence
History: Born of a virgin, joined alliance military at the age of 2 and saved Shepard's life 17 times before the age of 5, when she was promoted to admiral
Further notes: If in doubt, she wins

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue :P

That seems fair, for the abilities replacement. And I did get a chuckle out of your back up. I accept your first character.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked