Rest in Pieces: A Mass Effect RP (interest topic)(full, but open via PM)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

thebobmaster:
snip

Character is effectively done (after a complete overhaul ^_^), but I do have one last (2-part) question: Where does the game start (e.g. Citadel, Earth, Thessia, Omega, Middle of Nowhere, etc) and do all the characters know each other yet or are we going to have a "form the team" moment?

OH YAYYY, thank you :) I haven't done an RP in so long, I've been wanting to for ages - and I just finished playing all 3 games for the first time, and they're pretty much the best thing ever. I feel I should mention that I live in the UK, so time zones are confusing, but oh well.

hiei82:

thebobmaster:
snip

Character is effectively done (after a complete overhaul ^_^), but I do have one last (2-part) question: Where does the game start (e.g. Citadel, Earth, Thessia, Omega, Middle of Nowhere, etc) and do all the characters know each other yet or are we going to have a "form the team" moment?

Starts on the Citadel, since that's where the Spectre has jurisdiction. As for the characters knowing each other, some might know each other, but there will be a "form the team" moment.

jjofearth:
OH YAYYY, thank you :) I haven't done an RP in so long, I've been wanting to for ages - and I just finished playing all 3 games for the first time, and they're pretty much the best thing ever. I feel I should mention that I live in the UK, so time zones are confusing, but oh well.

I agree with you on the games. Hell, up until about a week ago, my avatar was a Tali promo pic. Had that avatar for almost 4 years. And don't worry too much about the time zone changes. I'll keep the story from moving too fast without everyone participating.

thebobmaster:

hiei82:

thebobmaster:
snip

Starts on the Citadel, since that's where the Spectre has jurisdiction. As for the characters knowing each other, some might know each other, but there will be a "form the team" moment.

jjofearth:

I agree with you on the games. Hell, up until about a week ago, my avatar was a Tali promo pic. Had that avatar for almost 4 years. And don't worry too much about the time zone changes. I'll keep the story from moving too fast without everyone participating.

Great about the time-zone thing. Thanks. I'm actually so excited, I have so many story ideas (well character arc ideas, really) this is gonna be awesome. A couple of questions:
Is it going to be held here on the escapist or do you have your own site?
Are things going to be decided with dice rolls or roleplaying & common sense?

I'm interested if there's a spot open.

Question: As I've never done an RP here, would I be expected to literally be on call to respond to in-game events regularly? Like, would I HAVE to respond many times a day to keep things going? Because on weekends, I may only be able to respond once or twice a day...

jjofearth:

thebobmaster:

hiei82:

jjofearth:

Great about the time-zone thing. Thanks. I'm actually so excited, I have so many story ideas (well character arc ideas, really) this is gonna be awesome. A couple of questions:
Is it going to be held here on the escapist or do you have your own site?
Are things going to be decided with dice rolls or roleplaying & common sense?

On The Escapist, and roleplaying & common sense.

Actually, I might move it to another site. If I do, I'll let everyone know the site once they join.

bigfatcarp93:

Question: As I've never done an RP here, would I be expected to literally be on call to respond to in-game events regularly? Like, would I HAVE to respond many times a day to keep things going? Because on weekends, I may only be able to respond once or twice a day...

Don't worry, I won't keep the story moving too fast to keep up with. And there are at least 4 spots open.

thebobmaster:

On The Escapist, and roleplaying & common sense.

Actually, I might move it to another site. If I do, I'll let everyone know the site once they join.

Awesome, I hate dice roll systems on forum RPs, it's so awkward.

thebobmaster:
snip

Okay. All done then; let me know if you have any changes.

I believe Hiei will appreciate the robot investigator making a resurgence in another RP.

hiei82:

thebobmaster:
snip

Okay. All done then; let me know if you have any changes.

Might want to raise the age a bit. Remember, Reaper Wars happened 50 years ago, and 106 is considered by the asari to be "little more than a child", to quote Liara. So 66 is probably too young to enlist in the military.

drmigit2:
Name: Spade

Species: Geth Hunter

Description: As a hunter, Spade's appearance is fairly standard, a glassy black outer shell with raised shoulder pads that detach for non-combat moments. Spade's light glows a dark green though, unlike most Geth and that tends to differentiate himself between other Geth.

Weapons: Plasma shotgun, plasma sniper rifle.

Abilities (three max, one less per extra weapon): AI Hacking, Decryption, Invisibility

History: After the war, Spade was used primarily as an investigator for the Citadel to hunt major criminals whom would otherwise be difficult to apprehend. His cloaking and other infiltration modules allow him to easily get inside an armed base and stealthily kill a criminal, leaving without a trace. It's history of working with organics over other Geth has puzzled many others, some saying he is merely dysfunctional, but they allow Spade to keep on with its life as it does not effect the other Geth.

Further Notes: Spade shows little in the form of remorse for its actions, though it does attempt to understand organics and their rituals. It is also not above working for Cerberus or any other shady company in order to maintain its ship. Spade's ship is a small fighter designed to quickly go from place to place. The weapons systems are active but Spade rarely if ever has to use them. The ship also has a cloaking generator and a radar blocker in order to allow for an easy escape should that be needed. It has no organic life support, windows or anything that would allow for a non-Geth to be present as those systems were deactivated, though Spade can reactivate them if it wants to move an organic in its ship.

Sounds interesting. Welcome aboard.

thebobmaster:
snip

Edit made.

@drmigit2: yup; though I liked him better when he worshiped the greek gods ^_^

hiei82:

thebobmaster:
snip

Edit made.

Welcome aboard.

thebobmaster:

bigfatcarp93:

Don't worry, I won't keep the story moving too fast to keep up with. And there are at least 4 spots open.

Then count me in. Ill have a character sheet up in half an hour or so.

bigfatcarp93:

thebobmaster:

bigfatcarp93:

No rush.

Oops-a-daisy. Ignore this post.

I already have an introductory post for Spade in mind. It is going to be so cathartic at the end.

thebobmaster:

bigfatcarp93:

thebobmaster:

No rush.

Now, what was that about "no rush?" Lol.

bigfatcarp93:

thebobmaster:

bigfatcarp93:

No rush.

Welcome aboard.

bigfatcarp93:

thebobmaster:

bigfatcarp93:

No rush.

I am not the GM, but if I were to make a recommendation, since it is already defective, why not go all out and basically make Digit into GIR? Mainly to differentiate Spade and Digit.

drmigit2:

bigfatcarp93:

thebobmaster:

No rush.

I am not the GM, but if I were to make a recommendation, since it is already defective, why not go all out and basically make Digit into GIR? Mainly to differentiate Spade and Digit.

He'll have his eccentricities, fear not.

drmigit2:

Beep Boop

bigfatcarp93:

Snip

A have a weird feeling that Gnos would get on pretty well with the geth, she never could really bring herself to side with the Quarians fully and she's partially geth. The Cerberus thing however not so good. But I have a feeling they might be friends.

hiei82:

:(

Another Asari (as well as someone without some form of cloak) this probably won't go as well. Considering Gnos' only experience with other Asari for any real amount of time is her mother, and that didn't go well.

How would you feel about that crime boss your character's dad was hunting being Gons' mother. I left a lot of details vague and was planning on her being something illegal?

avouleance2nd:

drmigit2:

Beep Boop

bigfatcarp93:

Snip

A have a weird feeling that Gnos would get on pretty well with the geth, she never could really bring herself to side with the Quarians fully and she's partially geth. The Cerberus thing however not so good. But I have a feeling they might be friends.

hiei82:

:(

Another Asari (as well as someone without some form of cloak) this probably won't go as well. Considering Gnos' only experience with other Asari for any real amount of time is her mother, and that didn't go well.

How would you feel about that crime boss your character's dad was hunting being Gons' mother. I left a lot of details vague and was planning on her being something illegal?

To make Spade clear, it will work with anyone who will pay it. To Spade, all organics are the same structurally and goal-wise so Spade could care less about what Cerberus does to others. That said, Spade is learning and becoming more like the organics, although very slowly so perhaps it might move differently in the future. At this very moment however, all Spade really wants is cash and to observe organics.

avouleance2nd:

hiei82:

:( ^_^

Works for me. Do we want the connection to end there or add more details (I mean, Alia wasn't even born at the time so it's not like she would know the connection)?

hiei82:
Snip

If you've got more ideas I'd be happy to expand on it. I don't think Gnos would know for sure either just naturally be suspicious.

How do you think they'd feel about each other? What would Alia think of Gnos? Do you think they would have interacted or met much?

Is there still a spot open for this? I would like to join but in the OP it said there was a limit to the amount of people participating.

JaceValm:
Is there still a spot open for this? I would like to join but in the OP it said there was a limit to the amount of people participating.

1 left, i think

JaceValm:

Not only is there still a spot open, but the 8 players was an "about" for how many I want. I may take in more. Either way, you are free to join.

JaceValm:

Hey, if I may, I think maybe we could use a heavy hitter like a Krogan, Turian or Batarian. Your choice, of course, just making a note.

avouleance2nd:

hiei82:
Snip

If you've got more ideas I'd be happy to expand on it. I don't think Gnos would know for sure either just naturally be suspicious.

How do you think they'd feel about each other? What would Alia think of Gnos? Do you think they would have interacted or met much?

The only connection either might notice is Alia's name - she has her mother's family name. If you knew that a turian spectre and an Asari-cop named "T'vani" brought her down, an Asari with some very Turian mannerisms and the same family name might raise a few bells.

I don't know how they have met. Alia was called in as extra security for the council, but I don't know what your character was called to the citadel for (aside from investigation). Alia follows procedure to the letter, so if Gnos broke those rules, Alia wouldn't hold back her dislike. On the other hand, if you presented yourself as a legitimate investigator (true or otherwise), Alia would cooperate up until classified information.

That said, Alia is little more then a guard; not someone really in the know.

bigfatcarp93:

JaceValm:

Hey, if I may, I think maybe we could use a heavy hitter like a Krogan, Turian or Batarian. Your choice, of course, just making a note.

couldn't agree more - as it stands, we've 2 asari, 2 humans, 2 geth, a drell & a quarian. not exactly diverse :P

bigfatcarp93:

JaceValm:

You mean another heavy hitter I think.

hiei82:

bigfatcarp93:

JaceValm:

Fair point, but we still have tech powers up the ass. We could definately use more muscle. After all, SOMEONE needs to carry Digit when the bycicle pump in it's leg stop working. :P

bigfatcarp93:

hiei82:

bigfatcarp93:

Fair point, but we still have tech powers up the ass. We could definately use more muscle. After all, SOMEONE needs to carry Digit when the bycicle pump in it's leg stop working. :P

Point made; Besides, I'd like to see Alia and said other heavy hitter trading notes

Also: an Asari commando and a [insert other character] walk into a bar. There were no survivors... Do want.

Name: Darren Branden

Species: Human

Description: Standing around 5ft 11 inches, Darren is of average build and is quite strong. Short brown hair and green eyes. His armour reflects his mercenary work and is very practical with a very deep, shining black colour. You might say he was handsome if you were looking from a distance and didn't notice the two scars on his neck and face, but now you'd say he looked suited to the job.

Weapons: Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Shotgun.

Abilities: Adrenaline Rush, Disruptor Rounds.

History: Since being born on a human colony world, Darren had lived and learned about what it meant to be a human in the galaxy, he had been told their race stood tall and one of their number had saved all life. Darren wished to follow this example and readily became a soldier, looking for his chance to be a hero.

That chance never really came, his unit was disbanded two years after he had joined it. They were considered to be surplus to requirements. Now, with all the skills of a soldier, his youth and no cause, Darren was soon convinced he could earn a lot of money as a mercenary. So that became his lot in life, protecting rich employers, fighting other mercenary bands, getting to spend time between contracts enjoying himself.

This continued for a while, the cycle of getting contracts and getting time off wearing thin. A brush with death in a firefight with other mercenaries made him re-think his career decision and instead decided to go legitimate, trying to set himself up as some sort of investigator. However, C-Sec made it clear to him that there was no place on the Citadel for him, either work for C-Sec or go, Darren decided that he could stomach the long C-Sec hours if it meant he would do his job and be sure of pay.

Since then, Darren has been a C-Sec investigator, though he doesn't feel any sort of loyalty towards them and is often frustrated by their bureaucratic approach. Sometimes he wishes he could just shoot the bad guy instead of arresting him.

Further Notes: Darren likes most kinds of aliens, though he harbours a mild dislike for Turians in general as it was a Turian who gave him his scars and he had never really got along with Turians before anyway. Darren did in fact kill someone he was investigating, a wealthy man who had paid his way out of a C-Sec cell before. Darren cornered him and knocked him out, then threw him onto a walkway below, head first to make it look like the man had died attempting to escape. He prefers people to act within the law but is willing to break the law if procedure is becoming an obstacle.

jjofearth:

bigfatcarp93:

JaceValm:

couldn't agree more - as it stands, we've 2 asari, 2 humans, 2 geth, a drell & a quarian. not exactly diverse :P

Ah, just seen this after creating my character, sorry.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked