My Little Pony: Record of the Equestrian Civil War (Interest Thread- Closed, Starting Soon)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Hello and welcome to my latest RP! ...Admittedly, it didn't attract interest last time... maybe it will this time around...

UPDATE: Ya know what? I'v gotten mostly pages for ponies, and only one for other species. I'd like people to take that into consideration. Also, most of them are for the Equestrian side, so I'd like to see more for the Arcadian side (or to at least start off in Arcadia at the time...)

Name: John Basin
Appearance: Questing Beast with Blue skin a Dragon's head a peagus' wings and a lepoards back
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Questing_Beast he appers to be in his early 40s
Personality: Switches between his normal self but more often than not will act like a James bond style gentleman or a Jack bauer tough guy.his own little fantasy world helps him deal with the harsh realites of his life and the horrors of war.
Bio: John lived in equestria until sparkle's exile and left with her to form a new nation of exiles such as herself. He joined the army beacuse he beilived the propaganda and belived that he was supieior to the rascists in equestira but the horrors of war became appernt and afterwards he was diagnosed with PTSD and later lost his mate beacause he was wasn't quite the same. With nothing left and not able to hold down a job he began wandering the streets his fragile mind creating a world that could rival and spy novel or movie, a world where he was the hero. With rumbleings of war agian John has made it his mission to prevent a new generation suffering like he did, It might be mission impossible...but he is the world's greatest secret agent after all (in his own mind)

Name: Silver Snow

Appearance: earth pony (yes someone actually picked earth pony) - body is blue - eyes and hair is brown - cutiemark: quill and papir - about 21 years old - a boy - Burn wound on left front hoof

Personality: shy but still kind of outgoing and active, a master at speaking before talking and may at times come off as cold and sarcastic (a little bit like yatzhee for ZP when i think about it) but still loyal and honest and willing to give anything to help he's friends. He's friendly and love to learn about the different types of ponies and non-ponies and believe that everyone has a story to tell. Not the most intelligent pony you are going to meet but a great stallion by heart. Sadly, he struggles a bit with a fear of fire after accident at young age (see the left front hoof)

Bio: born way up north, mother was a Pegasus, father was a unicorn. the entire town was expecting an alicorn, they where all disappointed when he became an earth pony. from young age have gotten used to cold wheatear, worked on he's parents farm since the day he could walk. After a blizzard that destroyed the farm. He's family moved to ponyville. Where he realized that ponies should start taking more show interest in the community around them. he Became a journalist to be able to bring the truth out to the people. After 1 year on the job as a journalist he had taken a holiday up to canterlot to see he's big city cousin on hearts warming eve. While there he and he's cousin decided to go see the play as he watched the show he started to think he wanted to take a trip to Arcadia City, so he used money he borrowed from he's family he's was off to seek a new life in Arcadia. after living 4 year in Arcadia working as a journalist for Arcaina daily the war begins, after hearing that he was being ordered by Princess Magica to join her general army he cowardly dodging he's responsibilities and deserting from the general army of Arcadia, while scaping he knocked over a cart in to the river and destroyed 2 months of food (making him a wanted fugitive and not really welcome in Arcadina) he is now trying to find he's way back in to equestria and find he's family. While fleeing from the Shadowbolts in the forest one night he smacks head on in to a tree and passes out, when he wakes up he tries to walk, loses balance and falls down a small muddy hillside.

Name: Coral Chase
Appearance: Coral Chase is a young male pegasus pony of an average build with a light brown coat. His eyes have a pale green tone and a very attentive appearance, set in an oval and otherwise lightly featured face. The space between his eyes hosts a small cluster of freckles, more packed in the centre than further out on either side.
His mane is a thick bundle of auburn, and his tail largely the same, with a modestly wavy appearance and a tendency for curled tips--especially down the back of his head. His hair also has a high frequency of coral in between the auburn, brought together in a two-toned mixture that doesn't blend entirely. His cutie mark is a stopwatch with the timer arrow at the start of a thirty degree wide red zone before zero mark.

Occupation: Coral works for a parcel delivery service, specializing in express delivery of parcels and messages.

Personality: Coral Chase knows not to get involved in things he shouldn't, although it's not easy to tell those situations apart on the go. He prefers to keep a pretty straight-forward outlook on things, living in the here and now without much thought for the next year, next month, or even the next day. It's a tendency that makes him pretty receptive to frequent changes, often to the point where he actually likes it when things don't stay the same for long.
That said, he also prefers that things are kept just as simple as they're kept straight-forward, when everything's exactly what it seems and there aren't any hidden secrets waiting to complicate the whole situation. Most of this distaste for complications comes from his bad tendency to overlook the finer details of a situation until they hit him right across the face.
Overall he enjoys getting along with other ponies, sharing moments and finding a common ground, but the approachable attitude doesn't always extend to those who aren't ponies.

Bio: Coral's family hadn't been living in Fillydelphia for more than a few years before he came to, originally of Appleloosan heritage, but already from early on he came to consider the bustling city to be his roots. Not even the family's frequent trips across Equestria, to visit relatives down in the hot south, did much to change how those busy streets just felt like the right place to be. Following the war, the pegaus lost most ties to his extended family, and soon enough all his biggest concerns in life were the things that affected him directly. He enjoyed a fast-paced way of life and that was exactly where he found himself, always racing against the clock as he made a lifestyle out of making deliveries around both Fillydelphia and Equestria as a whole.

Okay, it's been a week so far and I've got at least a few takers...

Matt S Hoimyr:
Silver Snow

Folji:
Coral Chase

You two are in, I'm still waiting for any more applications.

This thing really needs more people. Get in here, people! Nobody likes waiting around!

you. yes you! you like ponys right?

yes: perfect. sign up. we need people. just make up a character and sign in. we need you.

no: ahh, go see one or two episodes of friendship is magic. go ahead i'll wait. if you can come back and say it wasn't funny. you're probably a robot. meaning you should sign up

...It's nice to see people are still interested... if only we could get just a few more applications... (I don't want to keep harping on that, but no one is listening...)

CrazyGirl17:
...It's nice to see people are still interested... if only we could get just a few more applications... (I don't want to keep harping on that, but no one is listening...)

Just a suggestion, but when I used to do these kinds of roleplays I would post news about recruiting on the MLP group page. I left the group months ago, but if you ask Urgh76 I think he'd be willing to make a news post.

Wenseph:

CrazyGirl17:

Just a suggestion, but when I used to do these kinds of roleplays I would post news about recruiting on the MLP group page. I left the group months ago, but if you ask Urgh76 I think he'd be willing to make a news post.

Ah, thanks. I've mentioned it there, but not many people have taken interest... but I guess I'll try again.

CrazyGirl17:

Wenseph:

CrazyGirl17:

Ah, thanks. I've mentioned it there, but not many people have taken interest... but I guess I'll try again.

Having an admin make a newspost sends out a message to most members in the group, so I would usually get a few either way.

Wenseph:

CrazyGirl17:

Wenseph:

Having an admin make a newspost sends out a message to most members in the group, so I would usually get a few either way.

Thanks, I just have to get around to asking... (do I just ask?)

CrazyGirl17:

Wenseph:

CrazyGirl17:

Thanks, I just have to get around to asking... (do I just ask?)

Just send a PM to Urgh76 and ask if he'd make a newspost about your roleplay. Probably good to send a link to it too.

Name: Silver Wrench

[Revised do to the Request of CrazyGirl17]

Appearance: Dark Blue Unicorn, his mane and tail is silver with highlights of a darker shade of blue. Silver's hooves are also silver in appearance. Silver's cutie mark is a wrench and is talent lies in mechanical engineering. Silver is 31. Silver wears his mane somewhat short like a royal guard would. Silver is kinda large and muscular for a unicorn, this is due to his former military life.
(he supposed to appear blue not purple)

From: Currently Ponyville, used to live in Canterlot and before that Baltimare.

Personality: Normally a easy going and relax pony, Silver tends to be stubborn and gets angry way to quickly. On most problems Silver is calculating and tends to figure out the most efficient way to solve issues. But when it comes to a critical situation like a fight, Silver jumps in action with more regards for others than himself.

Bio: Silver Wrench once served in the Royal Guard ten years ago where Silver used to provide mechanical services and technical advice to both the day and night guard (as mechanics are somewhat rare), and occasionally technical advice higher ups in Silver's chain of command. A rear right leg injury earned Silver Wrench a honorable discharged from the Royal Guard, since then Silver walks with a slight limp. Silver Wrench like the majority of Ponyville residents knew almost every other pony in town including the mane six. Being the mechanical expect in Ponyville, Silver ended up becoming friend at one point with Twilight Sparkle who was interested in all things scientific. Silver also is good friends with Apple Jack, Fluttershy and Rarity, often he offer to repair this friends things for less than the standard fee or free-of-charge. Silver tolerates Pinkie although Pinkie tends to annoy him (often in ways only Pinkie can) when Silver trying to work in his shop. Silver is friends with Rainbow Dash more for the fact that they have mutual friends rather than actually getting along as they often but heads over something trivial but they will work together for a common goal. Silver Wrench (much like this player) has no idea what Twilight did to get exiled much to his distress. Silvers attempts to talk to and help Twilight before her banishment only made issues worst between the two (it also did not help that Spike always made Silver nervous). Following Apple Jack's advice, Silver ended up cutting his ties to Twilight. Although Silver once served with the Royal guard, his true allegiance is to his friends and family rather than Princess Celestia who insist on Silver's discharge. Despite her past, Silver is more loyal to Princess Luna than her older sister.

I'm pretty interested, but some questions before I make a sheet
Will there be combat, and if so, will it be by some sort of chance system? Or whatever goes
Will the groups be separated due to their allegiance, or will they join together for whatever planned reason
Will the RP be on thread or group chat page
and will I be able to join later on, if this does start up sooner, due to exams and such

also sorry for not making a newspost about this when you brought it up, I did try to ask you about it at the time though

This will be my first RP on this site, so I am sorry in advance if I mess up.

Name: Lettucehead

Appearance: Dark green Earth Pony with a brown mane and a Lettuce for a cutie mark.

Personality: A simple farmer. Strong but not to bright. He doesn't know much beyond farming, his immediate area, mostly relies on the land and himself to live, only talking to other folk when he is selling his product and his lettuce. Stuck in routine, alone on his farm without many friends or family, never with much help besides the seasonal plantings, although he don't really mind. To him, it is just life. His Cutie Mark says he is a lettuce farmer, why should he do anything different? He does not listen or care about the "Everfree talk," unprepared and unaware for the things to come.

Bio: Sole son to a rather old couple, Lettucehead spent most of him time tending to the farm, only getting some education from Ponyville's school. Didn't make a lot of friends in life, besides some of the shop keepers he brought his product to. Never went to another day of school the day his parents died, although he wasn't sad about it. All ponies die, and no time to mourn when there is hard work to do! Not much has changed in life, never advanced a Mare for a hand in marriage, never sought great adventures, got on the town train, or even gone more than four miles from his farm. He only vaguely knows what is going on that isn't related directly to his Lettuce. He learned of the Changeling wedding fiasco several months after it happened and doesn't even know that the Elements of Harmony live in Ponyville (even less what they are). Now he mostly dismisses the rumors of weird things happening in the Everfree (don't weird things always happen in that darn forest?) or get to know any who hasn't lived in the town for at least several years.

darksakul:
Le snip

Yeah... I'm not doing the "human turned pony" angle, though if you retool the sheet a bit, maybe I'll let you in...

Random Fella:
I'm pretty interested, but some questions before I make a sheet
Will there be combat, and if so, will it be by some sort of chance system? Or whatever goes
Will the groups be separated due to their allegiance, or will they join together for whatever planned reason
Will the RP be on thread or group chat page
and will I be able to join later on, if this does start up sooner, due to exams and such

To answer your questions:
-There probably will be combat, though there aren't any automatic hits.
-The group will be separated at times, but will come together at the beginning... eventually.
-It will be in the forums, though I might also make a group for this. Might.
-If you can't join when the RP starts, I'll leave a reserve open for you, if that's alright.

Not G. Ivingname:
snip snip

Looks pretty good.

Alright, that's it for now, though I wouldn't mind seeing a few different species. And maybe a few more from the Arcadian side...

A quick question, I was in a pony r/p here on the Escapist a while back, is it cool if I use my old character and use some of the stuff that happened there? It won't be anything big, it will just be that he has met most of the mane six before the war and that if he ever meet any of them it might be acknowledged.

Are all spots closed, or can I enter my pony here...? :o

Also, random question, but what about rather... evil, or grimdark ponies? Yay or nay? The less, the better?

Trucken:
A quick question, I was in a pony r/p here on the Escapist a while back, is it cool if I use my old character and use some of the stuff that happened there? It won't be anything big, it will just be that he has met most of the mane six before the war and that if he ever meet any of them it might be acknowledged.

Sure, I'd like to see what you have in mind, though whether or not that other RP fill fit in remains to be seen. Should I read through that one first?

gabmed:

Also, random question, but what about rather... evil, or grimdark ponies? Yay or nay? The less, the better?

Well, I'm still looking for sheets, go ahead and post.

Also, the RP may take a few... dark turns. Players... hm, tough call. What ideas do you have?

Hello again! Haven't seen you since Omega Generation. :P
Got room for another?

I think I can guess Magica's true identity, but I don't want to ruin it. :P

CrazyGirl17:

Trucken:

Sure, I'd like to see what you have in mind, though whether or not that other RP fill fit in remains to be seen. Should I read through that one first?

I don't think that's necessary, it's mainly that my character grew pretty close with Applejack and Big Macintosh, plus met with the rest of the mane six and would most likely remember them if he met them again. If they remember him is a trickier question, it was after all over 10 years ago, probably closer to 15-18.

Soooo I'm looking into maybe throwing my hat into your rp. It's been a few good years since I seriously did one though and I probably really won't be able to join till tomorrow as I'll be at work all day today. I'll work on making up a new character in the meanwhile though and I'll lurk around a little to see what's going on.

Just posting here to mention I'd be interested in joining up as well. I don't have a character nailed down yet, but I'm working on one at the moment and should have it done soon enough. ^-^

I'd be interested to join as well, though I'm not entirely certain about how often I'd be able to post and I've got a character in mind but I'm not sure how he'd work within this setting. Guess I'll draw up a character sheet and see what you think.

CrazyGirl17:

gabmed:

Well, I'm still looking for sheets, go ahead and post.

Also, the RP may take a few... dark turns. Players... hm, tough call. What ideas do you have?

Just that I have two ponies already made, even though I can make a new one for this. One is rather too innocent, while the other essentially... well... lets just say shes A) Direct and unelegant, and B) She... has a thing for scarlet. If you are catching my drift from both. She also is... uh... interested in um.... cuddling close.

She also has a not-so-nice background and an unusual... spell mastery.

I hope you realize this is all the pg13 way of me explaining my character. Shes complex though, not all evil or so.

EDIT: also, so sorry for takig your time, but will there be a possibility of making new characters later on? I used to be confortable controlling 5 chars last RP, hehe... :x

Alrighty, I think I can take a stab at coming up with an OC. Mind you, I've never really delved into this before and it's been a bloody long time since I've tried out an RP so feel free to critique and fix up as you'd like.

CrazyGirl17:

darksakul:
Le snip

Yeah... I'm not doing the "human turned pony" angle, though if you retool the sheet a bit, maybe I'll let you in...

Alright, fair enough. I was going that angle because I was working on writing a story with that particular character and good old RP is always a good way to explore how a character thinks and reacts in different situations.

Let me know if the current sheet is okay, or you want me to change it some more?

Alrighty! So I've prepared my character. She's kinda based on a character hinted to in a flashback my character had in a previous RP, just to let that be known...

Any and all criticisms and critiques are welcome.

Two questions:

1. When do we start our actions and how should we do it?

2. Can we ban more Pony PCs and get more characters from the other side?

Skywolf09:
*snip snip*

The moment you realize how much you were addicted to your last RP when you remember when, where and how a character was vaguely MENTIONED on somepony's backstory, knowing it was well over a year ago.

This will be like a little school reunion, eh? ;P Lets see if somepony else from our group joins up!

Ultraman950:
Snip

Welcome aboard! I'll put you ob the potential list...

gabmed:
Snip

I think we'll stick with one character per player, to make sure we don't get overwhelmed.

SaikyoKid:
Snip[/spoiler]

Looks interesting, here's to another potential.

darksakul:
Snip

Ah, thanks for being understanding, I'd like to see if you could change it...

Skywolf09:
Snip

Looks good so far, it has some potential...

Not G. Ivingname:
Snip

1- I guess I'll just set up the scene and you respond for it.
2- Yeah, apparently people prefer ponies from Equestia, I should really ask for more characters from the Arcadian side (and possibly more characters of different races). If anyone wants to change their character a bit, they can.

CrazyGirl17:

gabmed:
Snip

I think we'll stick with one character per player, to make sure we don't get overwhelmed.

Fair enough. But is the kind of character I described okay, preferably not, preferably yes...?

Just wondering if I should reuse my pony or just make another OC.

Most excellent. :)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked