Airship Pirates (Semi-open)

Pages PREV 1 2

"Fine then". Mario looked around for a bit. "you and me Mr Stiff Arse let's go" Mario walked away from the engine room walking around through a few decks to find the Captain,
Zach trailing behind. "so then matey boy, I've seen a few Military types in my short time on this shithole of a planet most of them treat my kind less then dirt. you seem to be no exception, but then again you're on this lovely bucket of rust and shit, Why?"

"so then matey boy, I've seen a few Military types in my short time on this shithole of a planet most of them treat my kind less then dirt. you seem to be no exception, but then again you're on this lovely bucket of rust and shit, Why?"

"We might treat you less like dirt if you weren't covered in so much of it," Zachariah replied, "and don't call me boy, as for why I'm on this ship I wanted to keep flying and the Navy had other plans, possibly involving cages I didn't hang around to find out."

He began to walk faster, the sooner they found the captain the sooner he would be done with Mario. He gritted his teeth, that attitudes not going to make you any allies here he reminded himself, "Alright Mario, what about you, why are you on this ship?"

Vlad was starting to get the impression this wasn't everybody. He glanced around the crowd,
"Which one of you is the captain, or has he even shown up yet?" He took a minute to think.
"Never mind. Gidgit, can you tell me where this rum is?"

"Never mind. Gidgit, can you tell me where this rum is?"

"I have an emergency stash in the engine room," she said, pointing back where she came from. "Help yourself, I'm not gonna drink it."

Vlad hid his slight sadness from not having time to catch up with her, and being deprived of a potential hostage incase she was the only nice one aboard.

"Well, if your captain is fine with me roaming your ship and being around your engine room, I'll be off. Feel free to study the guppy, and land her. If you touch my gun I'll kill you though."

Isaac watched the exchange between the two. He frowned.

"You keep rum in the engine room. Really Patricia?"
He looked over to Vlad and held his hand up.

"We don't know what the captain thinks yet. You're staying here until he can come and make a decision."

Vlad gave a bored look to the scarred hunchback.
"Or else, right?" he sighed, and turned to regard Polly,
"Find the Captain of this vessel, I'll play twenty questions with Gidgit." Polly flew off into the ship after a quick 'Yes sir.'

"You keep rum in the engine room. Really Patricia?"

She pouted a bit. He was using her real name again. "What? It's in an airtight container, and on the other end of the room. I do sort of know what I'm doing."

"Find the Captain of this vessel, I'll play twenty questions with Gidgit."

Gidgit waved at Polly as she flew off, then turned back to Vlad. "Okay, Vladdy, what do you wanna know?"

Vlad leaned against the railing,
"I'd like to know some of these peoples' names. The hunchback and the little bronze boy mostly, they seem like they have stories." He went on with his questions, some were innocent like how they got the ship? or how long have you been here?, others were less innocent, What kind of engines are you sporting? How heavily armed are you guys? He figured Isaac would keep her from answering, but it was worth the effort, just in case.

Isaac looked at Gidgit thoughtfully. Eventually he sighed.
"Well, I suppose if you're sensible with it, it's your choice..."

Vlad started asking his questions.

Isaac's eyes widened, his face became indignant and slowly filled with colour.

"We don't even know if we can trust you yet! You can't seriously expect those questions to be answered!"

As he said this, Isaac self-consciously stood a little straighter and winced as his back protested.

Vlad hid his frustration and amusement at Isaac as he spoke,

"If you'd prefer, we can put me in the brig. I'll even go willingly with a bit of rum. Doesn't change the fact I've already had Polly infiltrate your ship. For all you know, she could be checking out schematics and defenses, gunning down your unsuspecting crew. So Mr. paranoid, you can keep wasting your time with poor old defenseless me, or you can find that bird." He hid his smile fairly well, he thought.
'As long as Patty keeps quiet about her abilities, I can be rid of this annoying little man.'

Mario tried to look calm. A thousand different memories were playing across his face, none of them good. he rubbed his eyes as he reached the captain's quarters. and knocked on the door waiting for it to open.

Sorry I have been away. Been busy as all hell past few days.

Leo stayed in the back of the crowd, trying not to draw attention to himself. Hoping that when the captain showed up he would be too focused on this new guy to be angry at him for hopping on his ship. Though he did keep an eye on the automaton parrot, even though he was one he had seen few others of his own kind. Even if that one was a simple machine compared to himself it still fascinated him

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain Devane stood from his desk where he was looking over some maps, planning their next stop when he heard a knock on his door, breaking his concentration. Standing up and pushing back his chair it scrapes along the ground, clearly audible from the outside. Making his way to the door with long strides he flings it open to see Mario and Zachariah. Saying with a scowl on his face, "What the buggering hell do you two want? You know I'm not to be disturbed. At least the engines are fixed by the sounds of it."

"Sir, me and Lord Arsehole Duke of smug gits over here require your presence in the Engine Room. We got some kind of infiltrator midget clown robot who stowed away in said Engine room and we need you to decide what to do with it."

"Sir, me and Lord Arsehole Duke of smug gits over here require your presence in the Engine Room. We got some kind of infiltrator midget clown robot who stowed away in said Engine room and we need you to decide what to do with it."

Zachariah sighed and pressed one hand against his forehead, "What the drunk is trying to say is that an automaton stowaway has been found in the engine room, it identifies itself as a doll, and resembles a child, it should be on the upper deck with some of the rest of the crew right now awaiting your decision regarding it, I believe it may be dangerous as it has a knife built into its arm."

Vlad rapped his fingers on the banister, waiting for either Pollys' return, or Isaac. If Vlad looked hard enough, he could swear he could see the gears in his head turning, thinking about the possibilities.
Vlad tried to hide his uncertainty, if he couldn't keep lying to Isaac, he would see the holes in his bluff. Or perhaps he wasn't even considering that, just thinking about his draw speed, and hidden weapons on Vlad. A few beads of sweat ran down his forehead. He noticed the boy hanging around the back.
"You. Care to tell us your story, to pass the time?"

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked