The Times They Are a-Changin'-(SIGN UP THREAD IS OPEN)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.391642-The-Times-They-Are-a-Changin-An-Epic-Spanning-Time-and-Space-Sign-Up-OOC GO HERE TO SIGN UP

"Time is but an illusion, to cause us all confusion. Take one man who tried to stand, against the flow. See how he was brought down so low..."
-Unknown
Tick
On the streets of New York, a veritable jungle burst forth from the streets at peoples very feet.
Tock
In Canada sightings of large animals are on the rise, some call them Mammoths in scope.
Tick

In Russia Horseman are seen in the Wilderness, one would describe them as Mongolians, Mongolia has yet to respond.
Tock
A Colosseum long sense ceased in the art of blood shed, now has echoes of battles in the night.
Ti-
A space ship(?) lands in the San Francisco Bay, hundreds flock to it, and boats go to investigate it. The internet calls it a joke as it floats on the sea, until one clearly points out that it floats above the sea.
A knight is seen riding in L.A, many assume it is a joke or a prank.
A plane flies over Florida, its only passenger surprised at what she sees, and still mourning the loss of her navigator and friend.

Something has gone wrong with Time itself, you are just someone who gets caught, or rather stuck, in a wrong moment. Be you from pasts, presents, or futures, how will you survive or even solve this?

Questions and Comments? This is a rough idea but I have the layout plotted, and plan to invest more time once I get these hands ticking and typing. I hope I shift some gears in your head when you come to face this.

Interesting concept. Obviously you will need to organize it into RP form, but I'll be waiting to see that.

Ooh, this looks neat. Very unique. I assume our characters are time-displaced in roughly the same time? Would that allow for alien races, or cyborgs or something?

So can we pretty much pick a character from any era, provided if they're from the past that the details of their fit the time period etc? Also if they're from the future, what would the restrictions be? Do you have a set way that the future might be like, certain events you want to happen?

Sounds very interesting! I'll definitely be looking forward to more details regarding character creation.

Well I'm interested. Though I imagine character balancing might be a bitch.

Hey everybody! Scroll past the quotes to a spoiler concerning a question asked by MortifiedPenguin, for general history and creation of characters concerning it.

Viking Incognito:
Interesting concept. Obviously you will need to organize it into RP form, but I'll be waiting to see that.

Of course, and the sheets and such are set, just wondering if there is enough interest to flesh it out.

Ultraman950:
Ooh, this looks neat. Very unique. I assume our characters are time-displaced in roughly the same time? Would that allow for alien races, or cyborgs or something?

Kind of? There is some freedom there and above and beyond, but I'll try and keep it not to High in the Future... Just Kidding, though as for aliens, they are unlikely to show up, not impossible, but unlikely...

MortifiedPenguin:
So can we pretty much pick a character from any era, provided if they're from the past that the details of their fit the time period etc? Also if they're from the future, what would the restrictions be? Do you have a set way that the future might be like, certain events you want to happen?

(See Below for more info past the quotes, and Timed Misery still awaits thee, P.S there is going to be some cross-thread shenanigans =P)

Kuroneko Aisha:
Sounds very interesting! I'll definitely be looking forward to more details regarding character creation.

The sheet is gonna be a bit of a hassle, but I'm stream lining it the best I can.

maninahat:
Well I'm interested. Though I imagine character balancing might be a bitch.

By that logic I'll have to be a bitch when it comes down to balancing. No worries Honestly, remember, just because you can be from the future with lasers and nano-machines, doesn't mean someone else can't be either, or enemies for that matter.

Could it also be parallel universes? That could explain how the time rift happens around the same time. Or perhaps somebody is using a devise that manipulates certain aspects of space which warps the same general location, but due to the earths rotation it happens in different countries. A bit convoluted and I'm probably not explaining properly, but I think got the general premise across.

I'd like to hear more about this, though. Keep me updated.

I'm interested in this.

Wonder if I could reflect a laser off a sword. Might make the medieval guys a bit more useful at least.

What's the gameplay balance going to be like? Is the RPG going to be mostly combat orientated, or will the emphasis be on other areas like scheming and talking?

Ooh, a technomancer... there's an idea... Maybe throw some bio-luminescence in there for good measure. :P

Brotha Desmond:
T_T

This is TIME TRAVEL of course there are going to be that kind of thing, and no spoilers on what is going on. Time lines folks, same thing as Parallel universes more or less.

ruedyn:
Dun dun dun

My one weakness! A mirror! Relax, everyone has their use, and like I said different enemies, different tech, all things in good time.

maninahat:
What's the gameplay balance going to be like? Is the RPG going to be mostly combat orientated, or will the emphasis be on other areas like scheming and talking?

A little bit of this, a little bit of that, it started with a fist, and ended with the first act.

I would need to see what you intend to do with this before saying yes, but I am certainly interested in the idea.

I'm just waiting for a sheet template.

drmigit2:
I would need to see what you intend to do with this before saying yes, but I am certainly interested in the idea.

An adventure with no goal except for perhaps making time whole? It is up to you for what you do, this is simple and true.

Safety perhaps, free from time and its horrid way, finding a future with a brighter day, or simply living giving more then what you have to say.

Viking Incognito:

Aren't we all? Joke aside, it comes out on the morrow or so, just to make sure I've got everything compiled and set.

Raynoson:

drmigit2:

An adventure with no goal except for perhaps making time whole? It is up to you for what you do, this is simple and true.

Safety perhaps, free from time and its horrid way, finding a future with a brighter day, or simply living giving more then what you have to say.

Viking Incognito:

Aren't we all? Joke aside, it comes out on the morrow or so, just to make sure I've got everything compiled and set.

Do you want any evil characters? I do those pretty well and can pull one out for you if you would like. Though I suppose I need a disclaimer with them now, I do play them as evil bastards, no punches held. That or I could be a good guy or something.

drmigit2:
snip

A volunteer to cause fear, and loathing here? That's up to you yet again, I'm not going to control how you play the game and spin the wheel, as even the shadiest of deals have there appeal.

PM me later a sheet if you want to have some over-arching power or back story for yourself, this is on the morrow of course.

What's your stance on paradoxes?

Also, what is to be done about characters coming from different countries? Are we just assuming they all can understand each other, or will language be a barrier? In other words, will my Russian cosmonaut be able to talk to a Germanic medieval knight?

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference, Mr. Freeman." This sounds neat though.

Sounds interesting, I'll be looking forward to this.

MortifiedPenguin:
What's your stance on paradoxes?

*Takes off fancy shades* "My God." You'll just have to wait and see... but there will be some and and maybe not.

maninahat:
Also, what is to be done about characters coming from different countries? Are we just assuming they all can understand each other, or will language be a barrier? In other words, will my Russian cosmonaut be able to talk to a Germanic medieval knight?

Of course there will be bloody language barriers, were is the fun without it? There will be/are maguffin items and tech/magic more or less, but either way talking is gonna be a veritable fun fest of frolicking through linguistics.

Thetwistedendgame:
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference, Mr. Freeman." This sounds neat though.

"They agree with me that you have limitless potential. You've proved yourself a decisive man so I don't expect you'll have any trouble deciding what to do. If you're interested, just step into the portal and I will take that as a yes. Otherwise, well, I can offer you a battle you have no chance of winning... rather an anticlimax after what you've just survived. Time to choose... "
-G-Man
Neat.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked