Your desire is our Command - What do YOU want to play as?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

TheIronRuler:
Ok Guys, I have to ask you -
Would you play in a near future environment where you will go through a prison break, discover you've been experimented on by the prison in order to make you more efficient workers and as a result possess better physical abilities, but the experiments included injecting you with seemingly unknown extracts from an extraterrestrial race whose discovery was kept a secret for almost two decades but now manages to escape from the research facility and reign terror in the prison you're stuck in, along with the fact that you've experienced amnesia due to the experiments and waves of memory periodically push you over the edge emotionally at sometimes the wrong moments?
If you survive through the escape you would flee to the nearby town and watch in awe as the aliens spread out. You can try to stop them or flee further towards the horizon, your choice.

Stop giving me excuses to bring Fromanzio into your roleplays. Experiment drives people crazy and gives them powers. One dons a clown costume and...wait for it...runs away.

Raynoson:

hiei82:
I haven't been following that =/

I don't read every RP someone mentions (time and etc), so care to give a summary of what has transpired, and the SCOPE of play your working with it then? Page count doesn't always add up to how much people can add fluff and stuff, not to mention OOC.
Anything can work but for the idea you put forward it seems like it'd be tough on anyone.

TheIronRuler:
BB is Watching...

AS in no need to PM me. I dislike the idea mostly for mood/background, it doesn't seem much more then what you say. Augmented humans Vs. Aliens. Character building and what not can be made, but to me the idea seems stale even with the memory and mash up of machinations.

Well, sir fancy-pants with your everlasting great RPs and original plots you plan out because Buddha spoke to you in your dreams... What WOULD you like to see in this here forums?
*pouts*
I had the idea of debt-servitude, purity of man and crushing guilt mashed together into this. Plus, the prisoners would fight the Prison Guards and try to survive the aliens.
*sigh*

Culture would be boring because it is a utopia

I talked about this at length elsewhere. I will try to also answer it here.

There is a book in the series called 'Excession', which goes into detail about a species called the 'Affront', so named their society is described as "a never ending, self perpetuating holocaust of pain and misery". They are skilled in genetic engineering, and re-engineered their own race so that females feel nothing but pain and fear during any kind of sexual situation.

The Affront does quite a decent job of griefing the Culture for a while, deliberately becoming even more sadistically horrible just because they enjoy how much it pisses the Culture off. And while they're no match for the Culture technologically, they are a big enough and tough enough empire that going in 'all guns blazing' to knock them over would lead to even more suffering in the long term.

This also leads to a character development, as a Culture citizen desires to abandon his idyllic utopian life and assume the body of this species to live among them, joining them like some twisted version of 'Avatar'.

If you were a Mind, how would you handle this? That is the essence of the setting: people at the fringes of the Culture: diplomats, spies, or mercenaries; those who interact with other civilizations, and who do the dirty work in moving those societies closer to whatever ideal, by whatever means necessary.

Think something like Mission Impossible, but with an extremely high tech level (i.e. The characters are agents from a spaceborne society of anarchist nymphomaniacs, led by massively superhuman AIs, with an anti-prime directive, "We should interfere to save you from yourselves".)

But it depends on what you want to do with the universe. Party planners in a competition for notoriety staging ever-more elaborate festivals in spun-glass palaces held aloft by anti-grav? Could be something. Or a Contact mission: Uplift these aliens who are currently stuck in the 9th century. You can be or have anything you want by asking the Mind for it, but if you scare the barbarians or act outside of the cultural context you are trying to shape they will think you are a demon and the mission is a failure. Better yet, Special Circumstances, it's like all of the above but now you have an equivalent tech level opposing you and someone equally as deep cover as you are is undoing your carefully laid plans and will probably destroy the planet and all the friends you made there if they discover you exist.

But whatever.

Raynoson:

hiei82:
I haven't been following that =/

I don't read every RP someone mentions (time and etc), so care to give a summary of what has transpired, and the SCOPE of play your working with it then? Page count doesn't always add up to how much people can add fluff and stuff, not to mention OOC.
Anything can work but for the idea you put forward it seems like it'd be tough on anyone.

TheIronRuler:
BB is Watching...

AS in no need to PM me. I dislike the idea mostly for mood/background, it doesn't seem much more then what you say. Augmented humans Vs. Aliens. Character building and what not can be made, but to me the idea seems stale even with the memory and mash up of machinations.

To summarize Cannon Fodder: People walk and kill things while chatting.

The reason it has lasted so long is only because of how filler there is between actual events, said filler is mostly one or two line dialogue pieces that amount to very little. In the end, Cannon Fodder is like what people imagine when you think of D&D. Little story, little substance and you stab things while wearing robes. What Hiei proposes would probably not work unless he throws out the war story and just makes it about a few guys farting around the woods and killing things.

drmigit2:

hiei82:

TheIronRuler:

How the hell can you use historic events with motherfucking dragons?

Worked in the books, can work in a game. It doesn't have to be a perfect simulation - I mean we don't need to have Napoleon attack Russia in the winter, only try to remember the goals of both sides. Start at a real historical event (say, the Battle of Austerlitz), then deviate from reality based on the players actions.

TheIronRuler:
Furthermore, war is something LONG that takes years. Battles would last hours and will be far in between. If you see other RPs they mostly happen in the fame of a few hours/days with perhaps some time-jumps. A battle doesn't have much of a definitive goal and in these times you would be simply following orders and not taking initiative. Do you see some of the issues I have with it or do you object?

Cannon fodder - a fantasy war game; it can work if done right

It does have some issues - there's a reason I have more ideas for the 7th Sea version, despite the lack of dragons - but I subscribe to the theory that any game can work if done correctly.

So yes; I do object - at least to some degree.

Please don't compare Iron to Nuba. They have entirely different styles and Iron tends to play a more passive role as a DM. He also uses proper grammar, has too to and two correct, spell checks so he says does instead of dose and overall has a more focused structure without being an overzealous control freak who shuts down when criticized like that one GM.

Should that RP be run, my experiences with Iron tell me that it would be a multi-faction ordeal with the battles actually being war battles, instead of a group of five people dog piling on a rock monster. The RP you have described is actually very far from Cannon Fodder, and the reason Cannon Fodder worked with time skips is that everyone was on the same team and it was entirely combat based. Having multiple factions makes a timeskip almost impossible. Your RP idea is interesting for sure and could be done, but it would take A LOT of management and care put into the mechanics to work properly. On top of that, it might fail and from what Iron is saying, he does not want an RP that could fail, he just wants one that will stay for a while.

Correction, my friend - I want an RP that could motherfucking end. For instance I already planned out the Ending to FA. The question of whether or not your survive up to it depends solely on you.

hiei82:

TheIronRuler:

Redryhno:

Seems like you're pushing this to try to work again, with the problem being very few know the source material, therefore problems will arise, and the fact that everything happens in less than a neuron sparking kinda makes everything less than stellar in terms of post speed. You play a giant ship, great, I have very few motivations beyond killing what tries to kill me first, and then there's that super-mega-ultra-badass space shadow tentacle monster from beyond some dimensional rip right? Or something? And what's the point of role playing a ship? Do we fight, or do we simply float through space? In which case, why play a biological? If we actually do play a "meatbag", what's the point of them even existing if apparently everything else can out-do every single thing they do? Seems kinda boring to rp in a utopia to me.

Aye, Conflict is the catalyst of plot and a utopia isn't a place where you would find much conflict.

Ah, but what is a Utopia but a Distopia in disguise. "Brave New World" was a Utopia - no war, no violence, no chaos of any kind; but it was maintained by the repression of free thought and drug addiction.

It all depends on how you make the Utopia work.

That idea sounds SWEET, I would love to have an RP with mind-fuckery in its center and a sane man in a crazy world vibe to it.

Redryhno:

TheIronRuler:
snip(seriously, does anyone remember this handy little thing?

I've seen a "slice of life"-like rp go down pretty well, so conflict isn't exactly needed, but considering, from what I garnered from skimming the wiki, that these ships are warships, then what's the point of having a utopia? Humans are outclassed by the ship's waste dump protocols, and playing a ship that goes around space with humans inside it just doesn't often rp well

You saw SLICE OF LIFE Rps HERE go WELL? THIS IS MADNESS.
You have to show me!!! I'm curious to see how they did it.

drmigit2:

TheIronRuler:
Ok Guys, I have to ask you -
Would you play in a near future environment where you will go through a prison break, discover you've been experimented on by the prison in order to make you more efficient workers and as a result possess better physical abilities, but the experiments included injecting you with seemingly unknown extracts from an extraterrestrial race whose discovery was kept a secret for almost two decades but now manages to escape from the research facility and reign terror in the prison you're stuck in, along with the fact that you've experienced amnesia due to the experiments and waves of memory periodically push you over the edge emotionally at sometimes the wrong moments?
If you survive through the escape you would flee to the nearby town and watch in awe as the aliens spread out. You can try to stop them or flee further towards the horizon, your choice.

Stop giving me excuses to bring Fromanzio into your roleplays. Experiment drives people crazy and gives them powers. One dons a clown costume and...wait for it...runs away.

Fromanzio is hard to GM. I hate to put a leash on people and I do love the occasional unpredictable player, but the way you play him is INSANE and detrimental to my mental health. If I ever do get you on-board and you make a similar char I'm having you sign a contract where you promise not to bomb people to bits including other naughty actions that fuck up my plot and send it flying a month away...

Asclepion:

Culture would be boring because it is a utopia

I talked about this at length elsewhere. I will try to also answer it here.

There is a book in the series called 'Excession', which goes into detail about a species called the 'Affront', so named their society is described as "a never ending, self perpetuating holocaust of pain and misery". They are skilled in genetic engineering, and re-engineered their own race so that females feel nothing but pain and fear during any kind of sexual situation.

The Affront does quite a decent job of griefing the Culture for a while, deliberately becoming even more sadistically horrible just because they enjoy how much it pisses the Culture off. And while they're no match for the Culture technologically, they are a big enough and tough enough empire that going in 'all guns blazing' to knock them over would lead to even more suffering in the long term.

This also leads to a character development, as a Culture citizen desires to abandon his idyllic utopian life and assume the body of this species to live among them, joining them like some twisted version of 'Avatar'.

If you were a Mind, how would you handle this? That is the essence of the setting: people at the fringes of the Culture: diplomats, spies, or mercenaries; those who interact with other civilizations, and who do the dirty work in moving those societies closer to whatever ideal, by whatever means necessary.

Think something like Mission Impossible, but with an extremely high tech level (i.e. The characters are agents from a spaceborne society of anarchist nymphomaniacs, led by massively superhuman AIs, with an anti-prime directive, "We should interfere to save you from yourselves".)

But it depends on what you want to do with the universe. Party planners in a competition for notoriety staging ever-more elaborate festivals in spun-glass palaces held aloft by anti-grav? Could be something. Or a Contact mission: Uplift these aliens who are currently stuck in the 9th century. You can be or have anything you want by asking the Mind for it, but if you scare the barbarians or act outside of the cultural context you are trying to shape they will think you are a demon and the mission is a failure. Better yet, Special Circumstances, it's like all of the above but now you have an equivalent tech level opposing you and someone equally as deep cover as you are is undoing your carefully laid plans and will probably destroy the planet and all the friends you made there if they discover you exist.

But whatever.

My mind had just been blown.
Please.
Give me more.
TELL ME MORE.
I NEED MORE AMAZING STORIES TILL I GRAB THE BOOKS MYSELF TOMORROW.

I want some sort of sci-fi/fantasy based RP where 5 people + GM make characters-it's a fantasy world when everyone's advanced to sci-fi levels-everyone posts their move, and when everyone's done, the GM runs it through. This way, there's less waiting, you post your moves, check back later, and boom. One person doesn't hold everyone up until he's the only person yet to enter a move.

TheIronRuler:

Please.
Give me more.
TELL ME MORE.

Okay, the first book opens with a spy about to be executed by having the septic lines of an entire city routed through his cell so that he drowns in diarrhea.

In 'Look to Windward', someone is afraid of insects, so a Culture assassin became a swarm of insects and ate him from the inside out.

In 'Surface Detail', a character is given a Culture tattoo. Later, the tattoo first immobilizes and then dissects it's wearer.

But you don't want to hear about that because utopias are boring.

Asclepion:

TheIronRuler:

Please.
Give me more.
TELL ME MORE.

Okay, the first book opens with a spy about to be executed by having the septic lines of an entire city routed through his cell so that he drowns in diarrhea.

In 'Look to Windward', someone is afraid of insects, so a Culture assassin became a swarm of insects and ate him from the inside out.

In 'Surface Detail', a character is given a Culture tattoo. Later, the tattoo first immobilizes and then dissects it's wearer.

But you don't want to hear about that because utopias are boring.

Thing is... espionage is great and all that jazz, but this is a GROUP RP. What would you do with the group?

TheIronRuler:
Snip

Iron, stop pouting because somebody doesn't agree with you. Seriously. Don't turn this into another one of those back-and-forths. They never end well.

Asclepion:
Snap

If I could toss out my opinion:

I should probably preface things by saying that I have not read Culture and, considering my current backlog, probably won't for at least a couple years. That said, from what you're describing, it does strike me as an incredibly intricate, well developed setting, rife with fascinating technological developments and philosophical quandaries. Certainly a series worth exploring, but as a setting for a RP...

Again, I'd like to emphasize that this is just an opinion. Odds are that someone's going to disagree with me. But to me, a RP needs to focus just as much on the characters as it does the story. Hell, sometimes the story just needs to be blatantly ignored in favor of the characters. Development arcs, realizations both joyous and painful, suffering and determination, these are the things that make a character, and a RP, interesting.

So, giant super-AIs. Are they cool? Yes. Are they interesting? Hell yes. Do they make for good characters? Again, haven't read the series, but based on what you're saying I'm going to have to say no. It just doesn't sound particularly fun, playing as a nigh-omniscient, omnipotent chunk of metal. They don't have flaws, they don't have things that need improving. They're just... perfect. And it's just boring being perfect.

Raynoson:
Slice

Sorry, "space variant"? I think I'm missing something...

Culture Minds are perfect.

They're individuals. See GCU Grey Area (aka 'Meatfucker'),
Also note that Minds and other AIs are as vulnerable as biological persons to grief, guilt and regrets.

---

But fair enough. Should we have a gladiator game, I declare this guy:

TheIronRuler:
Chill

Concept and ideas are different from action and results, I'm just saying what vibe I get it from. As for myself, my ideas may not be original at times, or divine in their actions, but I'm trying my best here in a way.
As for what I want to see... that is loaded like Russian roulette.

drmigit2:
[Sounds about right, thanks)

Pappytech:
Shadow

Shadowstar mentioned your idea but with Firefly space setting thrown in. Look below the quote after yours.

Asclepion:
snippy Snap

Issue here that I think is the biggest is yet again SCOPE. I know what you are aiming for, but the way it is getting depicted looks to me to be for a close and closed group.

drmigit2:
To summarize Cannon Fodder: People walk and kill things while chatting.

The reason it has lasted so long is only because of how filler there is between actual events, said filler is mostly one or two line dialogue pieces that amount to very little. In the end, Cannon Fodder is like what people imagine when you think of D&D. Little story, little substance and you stab things while wearing robes. What Hiei proposes would probably not work unless he throws out the war story and just makes it about a few guys farting around the woods and killing things.

To be fair, you do have a bit of a bias; Fromanzio having been killed in it and all.

While Cannon fodder isn't a perfect game (I dare you to find anything that qualifies as perfect), it has none-the-less been fun - for at least most of the people involved (see above). I was merely using it as an example of how a game COULD use time skips CORRECTLY in the form of a war story.

If we want a real example of a "game that portrays a good war story": I submit Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Seriously, the nuke scene. I hate/suck at FPS's (I have the same hand-eye coordination as a blind giraffe), but even I have to admit, it worked well.

A more contemporary example: Spec Ops: The Line. Exploration of P.T.S.D. and blurring the line between fantasy and reality and what is moral and immoral. Play that, then tell me a "game can't have a good war story". Both of these prove a war story CAN be told in games.

Now, I'm not saying that any of the games I suggested are perfect for anyone here to run, or that they should be run (especially given the nearly universal negative reaction to them); I just want a good story in a Flintlock-Fantasy universe at some point.

Also: thanks for that stunning vote of confidence, @drmigit2:. I'll try to remember in the future that my proposals are vapid and that I'm not skilled enough to use ONE mechanic from a game you didn't like.

Raynoson:
Issue here that I think is the biggest is yet again SCOPE. I know what you are aiming for, but the way it is getting depicted looks to me to be for a close and closed group.

Go big or go home ^_^

Seriously though, THIS THREAD is already two pages of solid game ideas, and it started approx. 6 hours ago. With enough people working together on a project, anything can be accomplished; no matter how "big the scope". If the game's biggest problem is "too big a scope"; those are some pretty good problems.

hiei82:

snip

You misinterpreted my point. I was simply saying that bringing up Cannon Fodder had little to do with your idea because they are so diametrically opposed. Yes you can use timeskips and they did work to a small degree in Cannon Fodder, but that roleplay has a much smaller scope to it with little in the way of an actual plot. The biggest issue with your roleplay is the scope and I while it is a neat idea for sure, I just think people would get lost and quit.

I never said that war stories suck, just that if you went that route into full and total war then the roleplay would probably fail due to the fact that many people would be disconnected, like real war. I am not saying you aren't skilled enough to use a timeskip, I am just saying that when you have a ton of people, timeskipping is impractical.

Also, From a non-biased perspective, Cannon Fodder is not particularly interesting to read on its own. Nothing has really happened in twenty five pages of roleplay aside from a few dead minor characters and the GM ragekilling one other.

TLDR: What works in small will not necessarily work on a large scale.

drmigit2:
Also, From a non-biased perspective, Cannon Fodder is not particularly interesting to read on its own. Nothing has really happened in twenty five pages of roleplay aside from a few dead minor characters and the GM ragekilling one other.

Was it derailed, then?

---

Maybe we could look at another Evangelion game.

Asclepion:

drmigit2:

Was it derailed, then?

---

If we're talking scope, maybe we could look at another Evangelion game.

It is currently on life support, with a second recruitment thread. But no, actually just the plot is people walk for a while and fight things. I mean there was supposed to be a plot to it, but that went by the wayside about two pages in.

Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy RPG.

That universe would be awesome to explore.

I equip my towel.

drmigit2:
SNIP

You mention some kind of GM ragekilling spree. I wasn't there, and I don't know what you're talking about. But I come from /tg/, and games that get badly derailed are our pride and joy.

If you haven't already, watch Spoony's account of an absolutely spectacular game that went to hell after a PC accidentally threw acid in a Mary Sue demigod's face, morphing into a player-driven crime spree ultimately ending in revolution:

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2012/03/04/counter-monkey-thieves-world-part-1-poor-impulse-control/
http://spoonyexperiment.com/2012/03/04/counter-monkey-thieves-world-part-2-the-chicago-way/

Asclepion:

drmigit2:
SNIP

You mention some kind of GM ragekilling spree. I wasn't there, and I don't know what you're talking about. But I come from /tg/, and games that get badly derailed are our pride and joy.

If you haven't already, watch Spoony's account of an absolutely spectacular game that went to hell after a PC accidentally threw acid in a Mary Sue demigod's face, morphing into a player-driven crime spree ultimately ending in revolution:

http://spoonyexperiment.com/2012/03/04/counter-monkey-thieves-world-part-1-poor-impulse-control/
http://spoonyexperiment.com/2012/03/04/counter-monkey-thieves-world-part-2-the-chicago-way/

Yeah it wasn't in the same way as that. I watch Counter Monkey btw. No it was more of the retroactive kills that happen when the GM goes bonkers that someone dares point out a logical inconsistency in his work.

I'd be down for a gladiators game. I remember one a while back that was mech-based,which seems like a pretty perfect idea. Mechs, especially remote-controlled ones, allow for going all-out in combat, with neither the GM nor players having to get too concerned about player deaths kicking people out of the RP. So, if one were to go down, that'd get my vote.

I like any RP where a nuanced plot, and deep characters can find themselves a home. I tried to do that with a Death Note RP, recently, which actually had a lot of time invested just in making the rules to create a proper, un-breakable experience. (Derailing is good. Derailing would be fun; I'm referring to accidentally fucking up the game so badly, it can't get unfucked.)

I also have a tendency to go for RPs based on childhood loves of mine. Power Rangers and Titans should be hints at this.

DaMullet:
Sad

I've tried that twice, did not end nice, to keep a story short these words will suffice...
"We're sorry for the inconvenience."

drmigit2:

hiei82:

snip

Drm thanks more or less for putting a point I had in mind, and Hiel I'm basically agreeing with Drm here oon most of the points raised and ideals. (As for the War Game comparisons, I'm not getting in to any of that, a tad sore spot for me)

Raynoson:

The Critic:
Snip

I wish you the best of luck, and that was actually next on my long list of ideas to put forward, but decided not to due to...
-Story Constraints
-Technology and Ease of Death
-Bad-Assery issues
... back a few months ago.

Thanks for the vote of support. That particular RP idea is now up, actually. I could actually use some help with that....

Guys, I really want to know what you'd like to see here, since this game is getting absolutely no attention. I want to know what you want to see here.

TheIronRuler:
Guys, I really want to know what you'd like to see here, since this game is getting absolutely no attention. I want to know what you want to see here.

Not everyone knows or is simply busy, pretty sure we ran off a tangent and went floop-the-loop for awhile.
A lot of things I want to see are on here, but the way they play aren't to my taste.

Raynoson:

TheIronRuler:

Not everyone knows or is simply busy, pretty sure we ran off a tangent and went floop-the-loop for awhile.
A lot of things I want to see are on here, but the way they play aren't to my taste.

What would you like to change then? What do you want to see? Any specifics?

Hm, you know, I've always wondered what a Starships Trooper rp would be like. It would at least bring in the idea of teamwork instead of everybody being able to hold their own in a fight. I wouldn't know how to GM or start it up, but hey, if someone can, it would be very neat in my opinion.

I think a Muchkin based game would be good, but I dunno if that belongs in Forum Games or Role Playing.

hiei82:

Obviously, they all share the common theme of Flintlock-Fantasy; one of my favorite genres.

I actually have the last one (7th Sea) built up already (interest thread constructed but not posted), but I haven't finished one last section yet (on swordsman schools) and don't have time to run it.

Otherwise, the Ravnica thing looks cool, though I haven't touched MTG with a ten-foot pole since Time Spiral so I have no idea what changes have happened

i would sign up for these if i can play as a dragon, i really wanna play a dragon right now for some reason.

so, yeah, something that lets me be a big flaying fire hazard, thats what i want atm

Lunar Templar:

hiei82:

Obviously, they all share the common theme of Flintlock-Fantasy; one of my favorite genres.

I actually have the last one (7th Sea) built up already (interest thread constructed but not posted), but I haven't finished one last section yet (on swordsman schools) and don't have time to run it.

Otherwise, the Ravnica thing looks cool, though I haven't touched MTG with a ten-foot pole since Time Spiral so I have no idea what changes have happened

i would sign up for these if i can play as a dragon, i really wanna play a dragon right now for some reason.

so, yeah, something that lets me be a big flaying fire hazard, thats what i want atm

The first two (particularly the first) would be reasonable. In both cases, you'd not be able to completely function on your own - as powerful as a dragon is, cannons still hurt. Sadly, dragons are all but extinct in 7th sea (the last one), and that's the one I have actually done work on

hiei82:

The first two (particularly the first) would be reasonable. In both cases, you'd not be able to completely function on your own - as powerful as a dragon is, cannons still hurt. Sadly, dragons are all but extinct in 7th sea (the last one), and that's the one I have actually done work on

i figured, the hard part would be NOT being a smug holier then thou bastard to the point every one want it dead XD

i actually still have the Dragoness i was gonna use in Lambi's RP if you wanna look at how it'd be written up

Asclepion:
Was it derailed, then?

not really, the GM is just kinda letting us do our own thing in his world. also, the 'killing spree' mentioned, was just his character. after arguing with the GM for 2 days.

drmigit2:

It is currently on life support, with a second recruitment thread.

we just got 2 or 3 new people added to the roster, we're doing fine now thanks.

sides, you still have the other frofro in FA

Grim327:
Hm, you know, I've always wondered what a Starships Trooper rp would be like. It would at least bring in the idea of teamwork instead of everybody being able to hold their own in a fight. I wouldn't know how to GM or start it up, but hey, if someone can, it would be very neat in my opinion.

My sincerest apologies if I come off as sounding insufferable for this bit of self-promoting, but I do have an XCOM RP that's in the sign-up phase that would fufil the teamwork aspect of the RP that's you're looking for (at least, I think it would).

The Critic:

Grim327:

My sincerest apologies if I come off as sounding insufferable for this bit of self-promoting, but I do have an XCOM RP that's in the sign-up phase that would fufil the teamwork aspect of the RP that's you're looking for (at least, I think it would).

I wasn't necessarily wanting teamwork, I was just stating that a lot of RPs around here have characters that can practically lone wolf entire missions, and in Starship Troopers, it's darn near impossible to take down a bug by yourself. And on your XCOM rp, I did look at it, and it piqued my interest a little. I will look into making a sheet soon.

An RP where you play as what are usually considered the 'bad guys' in a fantasy setting would be cool, I don't mean super villains or anything, just you're run of the mill goblins, orcs and kobalds kinda thing.

Lunar Templar:

Asclepion:
Was it derailed, then?

not really, the GM is just kinda letting us do our own thing in his world. also, the 'killing spree' mentioned, was just his character. after arguing with the GM for 2 days.

drmigit2:

It is currently on life support, with a second recruitment thread.

we just got 2 or 3 new people added to the roster, we're doing fine now thanks.

sides, you still have the other frofro in FA

The day a recruitment thread actually makes a worthwhile character is the day hell freezes over. Good luck but the thread will most likely end up dead. Doing your own thing is basically, sit in a circle and talk for a while. There has been zero plot progression at all in that story. It is like if LotR was really about people taking a hike in the woods and killing monkeys.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked