The Times They Are a-Changin'-(On Hiatus Sign-Up, (Indefinite?))

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/540.392611-The-Times-They-Are-a-Changin-Play-thread-Closed-9-9#15845073
Play Thread, Go here if your sheet is approved.

"Time is but an illusion, to cause us all confusion. Take one man who tried to stand, against the flow. See how he was brought down so low..."
-Unknown
Tick
On the streets of New York, a veritable jungle burst forth from the streets at peoples very feet.
Tock
In Canada sightings of large animals are on the rise, some call them Mammoths in scope.
Tick
In Russia Horseman are seen in the Wilderness, one would describe them as Mongolians, Mongolia has yet to respond.
Tock
A Colosseum long sense ceased in the art of blood shed, now has echoes of battles in the night.
Ti-
A space ship(?) lands in the San Francisco Bay, hundreds flock to it, and boats go to investigate it. The internet calls it a joke as it floats on the sea, until one clearly points out that it floats above the sea.
A knight is seen riding in L.A, many assume it is a joke or a prank.
A plane flies over Florida, its only passenger surprised at what she sees, and still mourning the loss of her navigator and friend.

Something has gone wrong with Time itself, you are just someone who gets caught, or rather stuck, in a wrong moment. Be you from pasts, presents, or futures, how will you survive or even solve this?
An adventure with no goal except for perhaps making time whole? It is up to you for what you do, this is simple and true.
Safety perhaps, free from time and its horrid way, finding a future with a brighter day, or simply living giving more then what you have to say.

Questions and Comments?
FAQ
Paradoxes?-There may or may not be them, but no worries, I'll keep them under control?

Balancing?-Let me put it this way, if you can take down a fully armed 4 man tank with machine gun on top in DIRECT combat, you might be a tad over powered.

Races?-This takes place on Earth, maybe divergent evolution and what not can be played, but aliens are a rarity, and gene-splicing is mostly a future thing. Robots, Cyborgs, and Augmented Humans are just fine.

Magic?-Evident and present.

You do not Choose were you get to Begin. Please send me your sheets via personal message.

Will come back to finish this. If there are already any problems, point them out for me.

EDIT 1: Filled in a few more sections, and corrected the Background.

EDIT 2: Added a power, and now he's from Magical Earth. Still procrastinating on the history :(

EDIT 3: I added a history, but I'm not proud of it :(. I'll probably stick with it, though. To avoid having to read it, he was born in germany, found out about his power, got recruited to the Templars after helping one of them. Please don't read it :(

EDIT 4: Expanded more, as Raynoson suggested.

Same as above, I'll be back on tomorrow to finish. Point out anything that's already wrong.
EDITED but still not done. I will be back on tomorrow to finish it after i've had some time to think.
EDITED again and i'd like some feedback.
EDITED to correct some things.

Let me know what's wrong with this (because I'm almost certain there's something), and I'll see what I can do.

ruedyn:
Snip

I'll need some more to work with to comment, but for now it looks okay? I've got to confirm a few things, but so far yeah.

Ryans Solution:
Snip

Just some notes to remember, clothing and etc. are vital in looks, and body structure as well.

Ultraman950:

Let me know what's wrong with this (because I'm almost certain there's something), and I'll see what I can do.

I'll assume that the clothing itself needs to be "Watered" or "Fed" somehow to actually grow back, then again I'm remember reading the whole "Organic Threading/Roots Fabric" idea, so fine for clothing and such.
Any details on her blade would help in comparison to say steel and others, not to mention a tad curious for the forge work done.
Her skin, eyes, and etc. will count out for some periods of times, others help/hinder, so if you are fine with that, so am I.
Overall approval but I'd like some details if you don't mind on equipment, I.E pouches to hold herbs? Dried or Wet? Little things that build and let me create more interesting situations in times of action and reaction.

Criticisms/suggestions/schemes welcome, for anybody with them.

Raynoson:

Ultraman950:

I'll assume that the clothing itself needs to be "Watered" or "Fed" somehow to actually grow back, then again I'm remember reading the whole "Organic Threading/Roots Fabric" idea, so fine for clothing and such.
Any details on her blade would help in comparison to say steel and others, not to mention a tad curious for the forge work done.
Her skin, eyes, and etc. will count out for some periods of times, others help/hinder, so if you are fine with that, so am I.
Overall approval but I'd like some details if you don't mind on equipment, I.E pouches to hold herbs? Dried or Wet? Little things that build and let me create more interesting situations in times of action and reaction.

We'll say it needs some water put on it every once in a while to grow back. It doesn't need light ('cuz... dark cave), and it has a sort of symbiotic relationship with Michi in that it takes some nutrients that come to the surface of her skin in exchange for warmth and protection, which Michi can just eat something to get back. She's perfectly capable of eating normal food, but she thinks it tastes funny, and too much salt can make her gag. She loves sugar, though.

The caves her people live in are very rich in metals and precious jewels and the like, and since she's a valuable member of society (a seer/shaman), she has access to some good stuff, which is why her sword is made of a material comparable to steel, razor-sharp (not exactly steel; it's a little bit stronger without sacrificing flexibility, thanks to some organic materials used to make it glow). The glowing is mostly so she can see it in the dark, of course.

Dried. The duration of the mind-enhancing depends on how it's ingested: If she just eats it, it'll last about an hour. If she smokes it, it'll last about a day, but it has to be prepared a certain way, and she needs to inhale as much as she can, so she can't just light it in a pipe or something. It looks like dried lichen. It's a weird plant, but her dark green glowy-spotted clothes are in a symbiotic relationship with her, specifically her dark blue glowy-spotted skin, so I think I can get away with it, right? XD

Criticism welcome. I'm vaguely considering expanding on the religion aspect, just to butt heads with ruedyn. And I need to add some more about the pistol, since it's kind of just thrown in there. Oh well. Too tired. Edit tomorrow.

Edit 1: Added a few miscellaneous details. More later. Kind of uninspired right now.
Edit 2: Semicompletely rewrote the sheet, added more details and removed random parts I disliked. This will probably be the final sheet unless gm has an issue with some part of it.

I was wrong. This is not the final sheet. This post is preserved on the off chance I change my mind, but I have absolutely no desire to play this character any longer. :|
So, to keep this post from being a mile and a half long, new character is in a new post. Hopefully no one minds. :\

Owzat?

Let me know if I need to change anything.

Reserved for a sheet later.

No sheet from me yet, I just feel like posting this.

You'll probably see something from me in the next couple of days.

Mmmm... A character from a Shadow Hearts inspired timeline or Lucrece? Or neither?

Half a reserve please.

This seems like fun. Reserve me a spot please.

This is the new character. I'll likely do some further editing, but I like this one much better. For the moment. :| I'm not usually this fickle, my apologies.

Feel free to make any comments, suggestions, criticisms, insults, potshots, lobbed molotov cocktails you feel necessary/desire to. Haha.
Edit 1: Expanded his appearance, but I don't see much else I want to change yet.

SamtheDeathclaw:
This is the new character. I'll likely do some further editing, but I like this one much better. For the moment. :| I'm not usually this fickle, my apologies.

Feel free to make any comments, suggestions, criticisms, insults, potshots, lobbed molotov cocktails you feel necessary/desire to. Haha.

I only wanted to say how unusual (and therefore, excellent) your character is. Certain eras are more familiar or popular, and it's nice to see someone pushing the boat way out - I don't think I've ever seen a Zoroastrian character. Ever.

maninahat:

I only wanted to say how unusual (and therefore, excellent) your character is. Certain eras are more familiar or popular, and it's nice to see someone pushing the boat way out - I don't think I've ever seen a Zoroastrian character. Ever.

To be honest, I don't think anyone has ever played a Zoroastrian character.
Anyways, thanks! Very kind of you to say so.

Just here to say I ain't dead and simply waiting on everyone to get their respective sheets in and etc. Don't be afraid to ask me any questions at all.

Raynoson:
Don't be afraid to ask me any questions at all.

Question: Can you give a brief executive opinion for each character without an opinion?

Raynoson:

I wouldn't mind some feedback to improve my character with.

Raynoson:

I third this motion, assuming it's not too much trouble. I'd like to have your input if at all possible.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GO LOOK AT YOUR SHEET, I'LL DO IT IN DUE TIME and I just noticed caps lock was on. Right so don't state the obvious, I plan on doing a big round up post so as to not clog up the thread so quickly.

Raynoson:
PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GO LOOK AT YOUR SHEET, I'LL DO IT IN DUE TIME and I just noticed caps lock was on. Right so don't state the obvious, I plan on doing a big round up post so as to not clog up the thread so quickly.

Fair enough I suppose. I can see why they might want you to do that though, it's easier to fix mistakes early rather than have some unnoticed flaw they didn't see only be brought up 20 seconds to deadline.

Raynoson:

Ok... Should I add an after the jump bit to the History or should I leave it as just having arrived?

also, I'm a bit of a forum noob, how do I do the spoiler thing?

DailonCmann:

[ spoiler =][/ spoiler]

Without spaces, and the equal sign is to have it say something other than *Spoiler*

ruedyn:

DailonCmann:

[ spoiler =][/ spoiler]

Without spaces, and the equal sign is to have it say something other than *Spoiler*

Thanks, also I reserve a spot, I suppose.

New to this thing but, I used to play rifts and D & D. So please give me advise if I m doing this wrong.

If it sounds really stupid just let me know and I'll edit it to sound better

well sorry bout that guess I fail at this spoiler thing.

Jodokh:

No, it was good, you just messed up the bracket. Look very hard at your post.

Sorry if I was not clear but you DO NOT get to choose your starting location.

ruedyn:

Your lack of history isn't a bad thing, but his whole magical power bidoof? Fine with that I guess? *shrug* I hope you studied up on that whole action and reactions concerning his devout nature in general. If you can develop him more or add something further to his history would be great, differing time lines can shape beliefs and ideals as well for characters and eras...

Ryans Solution:

Shot gun ready, locked and loaded here I see. Fine in most respects and I won't nit pick in any case.

Ultraman950:

Still approved but if you'd like to add anything then feel free from your explanation post.

deathbydeath:

Hm, so no real notable skills then, and maguffin powers? I suggest making powers more clear and mentioning any if at all skills he possess, I.E climbing, hunting, tracking, learning/teaching, herbalism etc.
His history and origin I suggest fixing and spacing to make it more clear of the events that transpired, any info further for his childhood and relationships would help.

maninahat:

Anything from child hood would help greatly so comrade, also what fun we have because you get special treatment mees-ter space man, heh. (red* in atrocious Russian accent) In all seriousness this character is just fine, and you'll be interested for were you end up.
*Communism!

SamtheDeathclaw:

Edit 1: Expanded his appearance, but I don't see much else I want to change yet.

Approval, very nice and clean I think. Any info or care to give a summary of his religion? Or do I have to go to the internet for answers? Either way is okay.

Viking Incognito:

Good enough and concise in a way.

DailonCmann:

Sounds bland and his weaponry seems rather... unconventional in the best/worst cases. Anything more on his history childhood wise that might shed some light on his happy times? That or any other actual skills? Info on his time period he's growing up in, more background information from history might help.

Raynoson:

SamtheDeathclaw:

Approval, very nice and clean I think. Any info or care to give a summary of his religion? Or do I have to go to the internet for answers? Either way is okay.

Uh... I assume you want the concise version? I can talk for hours about it.
Ahura Mazda made everything, including asha, truth, order, goodness. Then Angra Mainyu came into existence, and basically fucked all the things up. He created druj, chaos, disorder. Zoroaster was a prophet in ancient Iran, roughly 6BCE who made a lot of the doctrine. A follower is required to actively do their part to fight druj, so lying and anarchy and such are sins of the highest order.
Miscellaneous notes: Head coverings are required, for some reason. Fire and water are sacred elements, and according to the stories, fire was made from water. A lot of europeans believed they were wizards because they charted the stars. It's from their word, magi, we get magician. So in this history, they really are wizards.
I think that gives you a rough outline. If you have specific questions about something I mentioned/mention in the future, feel free to ask.

ruedyn:

Jodokh:

No, it was good, you just messed up the bracket. Look very hard at your post.

Thanks man you're awesome.

DailonCmann:

Sounds bland and his weaponry seems rather... unconventional in the best/worst cases. Anything more on his history childhood wise that might shed some light on his happy times? That or any other actual skills? Info on his time period he's growing up in, more background information from history might help.[/quote]

Sorry, lol. I've honestly never done one of these before, was attempting to not make him over powered. I'll add more with the implant, really his best equipment, clarify that the gun breaks down the metal into smaller pieces rather than just shooting it, ex. one piece of 3 inch steel can be made into around 200 rounds, and add to history. Thank you for the feedback.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked