The Times They Are a-Changin'-(On Hiatus Sign-Up, (Indefinite?))

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Raynoson:

Hm, so no real notable skills then, and maguffin powers? I suggest making powers more clear and mentioning any if at all skills he possess, I.E climbing, hunting, tracking, learning/teaching, herbalism etc.
His history and origin I suggest fixing and spacing to make it more clear of the events that transpired, any info further for his childhood and relationships would help.

Fixing time, then.

I wasn't planning on macguffin powers (they're kind of a deus ex machina, actually), I was just hoping that West would grow into his powers as part of maturing and a character arc, but I'm setting more specific limits anyway. My goal for the character is to end up kinda like the D&D Druid, and I thought that putting those abilities in a child who grew up in Puritan New England to be interesting. More opinions are appreciated.

When does the actual role play begin? Will it take place on this thread or another? Are we combating each other or working together? Like I said, I'm a noob at this. I'll ask a lot of questions.

So, "good enough" means I'm accepted right?

I want to make a sorcerers apprentice with a pet dragon (think Arthurian legend), would that be viable Ray?

*cough* Timed Misery *cough*

MortifiedPenguin:
I want to make a sorcerers apprentice with a pet dragon (think Arthurian legend), would that be viable Ray?

*cough* Timed Misery *cough*

*cough* lot of people absent *cough*

Yes, that'd be fine.

Viking Incognito:
So, "good enough" means I'm accepted right?

(-_-) What'cha think? =P

DailonCmann:
When does the actual role play begin? Will it take place on this thread or another? Are we combating each other or working together? Like I said, I'm a noob at this. I'll ask a lot of questions.

SHEETS! After all those 0get sliced up and ready to roll will things begin, don't want anyone getting ahead in time and messing around the stream.
It will be in another thread with all finished sheets.

deathbydeath:

Very Well

It works.

SamtheDeathclaw:
Much appreciated

Thank you and that is just fine for curiosity's sake.\

Jodokh:
New to this thing but, I used to play rifts and D & D. So please give me advise if I m doing this wrong.
[spoiler=Jodok Heer]Hrum

First I'd need a better explanation for his "Mysterious" past, second care to fill out one of the background info for the sheet, I.E how did he arrive in a new time line?
Description of his weapons in some way (How'd they look if I was holding them) and any qualities they may have, I.E is the sword a super-cut-all, or just plains steel to wield? I'd need more to work on concerning him.
His personality and goal and how or why he was affected by the "Beings" that made him wish to change back or anything, or reasons to know/believe such a thing.
Do you mean Ephemeral as in short-lived, or Ethereal?
If you are curious towards anything like keeping some plot hidden from other players then just PM me.

DailonCmann:
[Hm

So does the gun just bite pieces of metal off? Say from a large metal bar randomly laying around? The process is the issue, along with the size of it really, not to mention power for it to fire through 6 INCHES of steel, does it use a nuclear core or what?
So he has a power fist from Fallout then? http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Power_fist
Effectively he has the internet in his skull when he has a decent connection as well? Does this mean he can be hacked or messed with?

Raynoson:
Shot gun ready, locked and loaded here I see. Fine in most respects and I won't nit pick in any case.

Good to hear, and I corrected the Detroit bit.

Raynoson:

So does the gun just bite pieces of metal off? Say from a large metal bar randomly laying around? The process is the issue, along with the size of it really, not to mention power for it to fire through 6 INCHES of steel, does it use a nuclear core or what?

With all due respect, he did say it's a railgun. (well, actually he called it a mag gun, but same idea.) Even in relatively hard scifi, railguns are capable of a lot more than punching through 6" of steel. Modern builds, without any fancy future tech, can easily reach speeds of two or three mach. I'd be more worried about him being able to handle that much firepower without shattering his arm, not how hard it fires.
As for ammo, it's entirely possible he carries a 'clip' of metal that the gun shaves shards off of for ammo. That's the way a lot of military prototypes and whatnot work.
I like sticking my nose where it doesn't belong okay? :|
EDIT: Found the figures I was quoting for speed. The last military application (I know of) was 'Velocitas Eradico' from the U.S. Navy. It could get a 3.2kg slug up to 2.4km/s. So that's pretty fast. As in, explodes on impact fast.

Yes, it can bite off the metal chunks, so long as some part fits in the gun. His arm does get sore after a while, but the his training with it has toughened his arm to where it no longer breaks, see Implant. And his implant can be hacked, giving the hacker access to his memories and downloaded abilities. There's a failsafe to stop it from actually manipluatiing him, but he would be weakened from the loss of the implant. Only the base features, healing and aim/reflex, would remain. I'll also add that he carries a few "clips" of ammo.

As far as the fist, I suppose so. I honestly didn't think of that, despite playing 3 and New Vegas.

DailonCmann:
His arm does get sore after a while, but the his training with it has toughened his arm to where it no longer breaks, see Implant.

I don't mean "sore" kickback, I mean "rip off a normal person's arm, probably most of the side of their body they held the gun with" kickback. Man, I would jump to add a robot arm to a character, but evidently you're just plain silly. :d This implant appears capable of doing everything, ever. Isn't it just in his cranial cavity or is he wired all through his body?
In other news, I just spent half an hour perusing papers on the mechanics of recoil. I need a life.

SamtheDeathclaw:

DailonCmann:
His arm does get sore after a while, but the his training with it has toughened his arm to where it no longer breaks, see Implant.

I don't mean "sore" kickback, I mean "rip off a normal person's arm, probably most of the side of their body they held the gun with" kickback. Man, I would jump to add a robot arm to a character, but evidently you're just plain silly. :d This implant appears capable of doing everything, ever. Isn't it just in his cranial cavity or is he wired all through his body?
In other news, I just spent half an hour perusing papers on the mechanics of recoil. I need a life.

Hell, I was going off of the rail gun in like Golden Eye and such. I'll just add a robot arm.

DailonCmann:
Hell, I was going off of the rail gun in like Golden Eye and such. I'll just add a robot arm.

I'm just giving you a hard time. It's what I do! :D
It's entirely possible that advances in the tech by then could mitigate or at the very least, lessen the recoil. There's already recoil compensators out there for rifles. It'd be the same principal, I would assume.

Honestly, I'll just do that. Adding a robot arm negates his Knuckles and would require me to change his backstory.

SamtheDeathclaw:

DailonCmann:

I'm just giving you a hard time. It's what I do! :D
It's entirely possible that advances in the tech by then could mitigate or at the very least, lessen the recoil. There's already recoil compensators out there for rifles. It'd be the same principal, I would assume.

DailonCmann:
Honestly, I'll just do that. Adding a robot arm negates his Knuckles and would require me to change his backstory.

The minute we invent robot arms, people are going to be lopping off limbs to get one. I could see him trying that. :d
I was just kidding anyways. He's your story. I just like to analyze things. :D

SamtheDeathclaw:

DailonCmann:

The minute we invent robot arms, people are going to be lopping off limbs to get one. I could see him trying that. :d
I was just kidding anyways. He's your story. I just like to analyze things. :D

Honestly, I appreciate it. Makes me think deeper about the story at hand. As a noob, I need this.

DailonCmann:
Honestly, I appreciate it. Makes me think deeper about the story at hand. As a noob, I need this.

Oh man, I'm not a veteran or anything. This is only my third rp. So don't worry! I don't have much, if any, more experience than you do.
Okay, so I have lots of practice with writing. But not rp writing! :|

MortifiedPenguin:

I've talked it through with Mortified Penguin, and I'll going to be the pet dragon. Okay?

Terratina.:

MortifiedPenguin:

I've talked it through with Mortified Penguin, and I'll going to be the pet dragon. Okay?

Aw, I'd drop Wigberht to be a dragon :(

Wish I thought of it first *pouts in corner*

ruedyn:

A dragon that is the size and has the intelligence of a domestic cat, I might add. Think Toothless off How To Train Your Dragon (the book, not the film).

Terratina.:

ruedyn:

A dragon that is the size and has the intelligence of a domestic cat. Think Toothless off How To Train Your Dragon (the book, not the film).

And now I want to gene-splice a dragon and a cat.

Also, I've seen neither of those things, is the book good?

ruedyn:

Yup. A dragon and a cat you say? Furs and scales and that your thing? O.o

Terratina.:

ruedyn:

Yup. A dragon and a cat you say? Fur and scale and that your thing? O.o

Is wanting a small furry dragon too much to ask for? It could be pet-able one second, and defending me against intruder the next :3

Terratina.:
A dragon that is the size and has the intelligence of a domestic cat.

You're talking about a pseudo dragon right?

ruedyn:
Is wanting a small furry dragon too much to ask for? It could be pet-able one second, and defending me against intruder the next :3

Whatever floats your boat.

Ryans Solution:

You're talking about a pseudo dragon right?

Not a pseudo dragon, just a young dragon.

If the character was a pseudo dragon, then technically he wouldn't be a dragon, right?

Terratina.:

Not a pseudo dragon, just a young dragon.

If the character was a pseudo dragon, then technically he wouldn't be a dragon, right?

What you were describing sounded like a pseudo dragon (DND), dragons that are about the size of a house cat and are usually quite happy with being regarded as a pet.

I was just curious if that was what you were going for.

Ryans Solution:

What you were describing sounded like a pseudo dragon (DND), dragons that are about the size of a house cat and are usually quite happy with being regarded as a pet.

I was just curious if that was what you were going for.

Ah, right. Sorry for any confusion. But no, that's not what I'm going for.

Terratina.:

A dragon that is the size and has the intelligence of a domestic cat, I might add. Think Toothless off How To Train Your Dragon (the book, not the film).

Ugh, that book though. It's been a long time. Need to reread it.
Do we get to pet the kitty dragon? :D

Huh

Terratina.:

MortifiedPenguin:

It would be... interesting. I'm cool as long as the whole sheet fits more or less when put to the test.
Also mini furry dragon? What is this madness! (then again feathered raptors...)

DailonCmann:
Robo-Arm

Forgot to suggest that as an idea, I've got a lot of sheets on my plate so I keep hopping around a bit on occasion.

PlastikBulb:

Interesting and rather odd, care to offer an explanation how intellect and "Brains/Biology" work in this case concerning her? I.E the inner workings, repairs, power source, etc.

Raynoson:
snip

Just saying, I updated my sheet to expand on things. Figured either you didn't know, or just didn't say anything (because either you want me to fail the joining, or because it's acceptable). I'd just like some confirmation, or criticism.

Raynoson:

PlastikBulb:

Interesting and rather odd, care to offer an explanation how intellect and "Brains/Biology" work in this case concerning her? I.E the inner workings, repairs, power source, etc.

Hmm, good question. I'd say some manner of hocus pocus mumbo jumbo that the creators don't really understand but are capable of using, give sentience unto the circuitry that is then powered byyyyyy. Steam. Which is ingested in the form of water by the automata according to preference. Their movements create heat which turns it to steam. They perpetuate, as long as they have water. The initial startup is done by the creator however, who does some techy stuff to get the steam in there initially. Beginning the process.

ruedyn:

Raynoson:
snip

Just saying, I updated my sheet to expand on things. Figured either you didn't know, or just didn't say anything (because either you want me to fail the joining, or because it's acceptable). I'd just like some confirmation, or criticism.

Honestly, I'll just add the recoil dampener to it, the robot-arm would me to require to re-write a good amount of his powers and make other things obsolete.

i quoted the wrong one....

Welp, sorry it took so long for me to throw this together.

Sorry for the delay, my sheet should be ready by the end of the day.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked