Seeking a new MMORPG with RP

First post here on forums, so thanks in advance for your comments.

My gaming history: WoW (6.5 years), Everquest, Everquest 2, Star Wars Galaxies, DAOC, Age of Conan, Ryzom, Lotro, PW, FW, RoM, World of Tanks, Allods, and D&D.

I am looking for a game that is ftp, has a decent RP community, good, balanced pvp, and that is not a money pit at end game. WoT was a big money pit at Tier 10 to compete in clan wars. I do not mind paying a few ducats every month to compete and to help keep the game running, but I do not want to be in it like I was in WoT and Allods.

any game suggestions?

I would have suggested LOTRO if it wasn't already in your list, as it has one of the best RP experiences if you're into the Tolkien lore.

Might I suggest MechWarrior Online which fits all your requirements, apart from the RPG bit. It's currently in closed beta (shortly to go open) and when completed should have everything you're looking for. There are many RP groups in MW and it doesn't look like it's going to be Pay-to-Win like WoT.

However, like all F2P games, an investment of say $50-$60 dollars will set you up nicely. There is no requirement to do so, and it depends how much cash you're prepared to swap for time but you can't buy anything that can't be earned in-game, unlike WoT.

It's nowhere near finished and it's not an MMORPG but it might be what you're looking for, although it will be some time before the full experience is ready to go.

Failing that, Guild Wars 2 has everything except the RP element (or rather, I haven't found any RP groups in it, but it doesn't mean there aren't any) and it's ready to go now.

What you're asking for is actually LOTRO, but I guess you've played it and moved on.

Have fun!

I can see that this thread never took off but I'd like to say that Guild Wars 2 does have unofficial RP servers where as far as I know most people follow it as an RP. I think Piken Square(EU) and Tarnished Coast(US) are such servers.

Glademaster:
I can see that this thread never took off.

This thread was on Gaming I think, this one is just a duplicate :|

ruedyn:

Glademaster:

Ah ok I just saw this one in the chat and no other since so I assumed it was the only one.

Glademaster:

ruedyn:

Glademaster:

Ah ok I just saw this one in the chat and no other since so I assumed it was the only one.

No need to explain yourself, I figured as much anyways.

Now to wait for the mods to lock this thread or whatever they'll do with it.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked