[PDQ] The Grand Mythos Recruitment Thread

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

drmigit2:
I am totally open to criticisms on the sheet btw

Spoiler that image please. It is somewhat headache inducing. The brother thing might become A Thing, as that would be interesting...

Please let me know what you think.

Some homework for you guys:

In order to better benefit the themes and ideas behind this RP, it would be a great boon to your writing if you decided to read about Creation myths.

While doing this reading, try to think how your character would help create a star, or a planet. How would (s)he help spring life into existence, what sort of aspects would a race created or helped along by your character be. How would you develop the worldview of the populace.

Just some food for thought. I think it would seriously help your writing, and in the end, make this RP just that much better.

@ Nomad of the Stars - I like him! I can see Tsuranote and Zareth getting along like a house on fire. *Bah-Dum-Tich!*

Can I get a link to the previous RP so I can get a sense of how things are going to go? I think it would be helpful.

The previous RP can be found here. You can use it as a reference, but it's better if you used it as a reference for how the mechanics are going to work more than anything else. My current plans on how I intend to write up the DM posts is going to be both similar and different.

I'd be excited for any critiques. Let me know what you think.

@Rhedive Rex: Your Backstory is well written, but isn't really a backstory, more of an excerpt from one of your character's escapades.

Arrogancy:
@Khedive Rex: Your Backstory is well written, but isn't really a backstory, more of an excerpt from one of your character's escapades.

Its very true and I hope that's not a reason to dismiss him. The back story section asked for the flavor of our gods, and Berenzen said many times that we literally had just come into being and wouldn't have history. So I decided in the end to avoid making a historical segment and instead just to play strongly to the question of flavor.

If that's entirely inappropriate, Berenzen, please let me know and it would be a pleasure to remedy my mistake.

Khedive Rex:

Its very true and I hope that's not a reason to dismiss him. The back story section asked for the flavor of our gods, and Berenzen said many times that we literally had just come into being and wouldn't have history. So I decided in the end to avoid making a historical segment and instead just to play strongly to the question of flavor.

If that's entirely inappropriate, Berenzen, please let me know and it would be a pleasure to remedy my mistake.

The point of the Backstory segment isn't a personal history, it's a formative segment. Why is your god the way it is?

Hmm...

So there's a fairly straightforward deceiver/corrupter/chaos-inducing, seeking to blend everything into an unending pool of deceit.

A reincarnated, immortal ecoterrorist who wants to keep her lands safe from the scars of civilization and progress.

A god who is effectively Order personified, obsessed with taming the discordant forces of Creation and binding all life into a just and structured society.

An interesting take on the Grim Reaper, that reminds me pretty heavily of the narrator from the Book Thief. Which is a very, very good thing.

An incarnation of man's duality, who wants to bend and sculpt the world into a utopia for all its inhabitants.

A mad (not the angry kind) scientist willing to destroy everything if it'll afford him some entertainment or progress one of his experiments.

...I'm pretty sure that Roe is Puck, albeit without Oberon guiding his mischief. Which is pretty damn fun.

The polar opposite of that first deceiver, who wants to bestow enlightenment upon the world instead of chaos and lies.

Another traitorous deity, seeking to backstab and politic his way to the top of the pantheon.

A celestial librarian who wants to help spread knowledge and love/peace throughout the cosmos.

The hotblooded god of hotbloodedness. Which is kind of amazing on so many levels.

And a spreader of destruction and deceit who enjoys his theatrics waaaaaaay more than is necessary.

That about the size of it? Because I gotta say, this is a pretty damn impressive ensemble. Pretty even split between chaos and order, at least three pairs of direct opposites and a dozen combinations of unlikely allies, and enough domain points to control an entire plane. Even if some of the sheets are less than perfect, everyone's got some interesting aspect or another to give their character depth, and it looks like there's going to be more shifting alliances than a GoT book.

Pappytech:

...I'm pretty sure that Roe is Puck, albeit without Oberon guiding his mischief. Which is pretty damn fun.

I'm not hugely familiar with the work of Shakespeare so I had to wikipedia Puck but that sounds like a just comparison, nice list overall too! I hope all or at least most these characters get into the RP as it does look like we have a good balanced crop here...

OT: I've finally finished editing my sheet which can be found at post #20, it isn't greatly different from the draft version except I've expanded the backstory a little and clarified in more detail exactly how he uses his domains.

Alright, I'm going to start the closing of recruitment. As it stands, it looks like all of you will get in. If someone decides to post another god that works within the guidelines in the next few hours, I will probably let them in, as 13 makes a nice number don't you think?

The first post should be up sometime before 23:59:59 MST Sunday.

Pappytech:
Hmm...
An interesting take on the Grim Reaper, that reminds me pretty heavily of the narrator from the Book Thief. Which is a very, very good thing.

I love the Book Thief!

Berenzen:
Alright, I'm going to start the closing of recruitment. As it stands, it looks like all of you will get in. If someone decides to post another god that works within the guidelines in the next few hours, I will probably let them in, as 13 makes a nice number don't you think?

The first post should be up sometime before 23:59:59 MST Sunday.

Awesome. I'm loving this line-up (see post 46) and I can't wait to start playing. BTW, how are ages going to work in this game? Are we going to skip ahead a thousand years every few posts or what?

Dogmatic99:

I love the Book Thief!

Five years later, and it's still one of my top five books.

I eagerly await the beginning of our reigns of terror- I mean love and happiness.

Berenzen:
Game thread is up

Awesome, I'll try to post tonight. Have you considered making a usergroup for annoucements and OOC chat? I see we have a IRC channel but that requires people to be online at the same time to communicate...

33 Replies already? Well, time waits for no-one...

I just hope I won't be too screwed over by time zones and the small amount of free time I have.

Would it be really awful to join this late? I really love the concept, but I wouldn't want to spoil the game if it's already going.

If you make up your character I'll see what I can do to squeeze you in. Only one action has taken place so far, so squeezing you in wouldn't be an issue. Particularly considering what they're doing right now.

There's a sheet; hope it suits =)

Biggest issue- qualities come in +2s, so you can go Mankind +6/Artifice +4/Creative Malice +2.

Berenzen:
Biggest issue- qualities come in +2s, so you can go Mankind +6/Artifice +4/Creative Malice +2.

No worries. Anything else to alter?

Okay this is the first draft, any criticism, thoughts, and comments are welcome. And thanks for allowing me to join in.

Looks good, just change your flaw name to something like vainglorious or immodest. A modest flaw would mean that you never take any credit ever. Flaws are aspects of your character that give you negatives, not the opposite of what you're stating the flaw to be.

Berenzen:
Looks good, just change your flaw name to something like vainglorious or immodest. A modest flaw would mean that you never take any credit ever. Flaws are aspects of your character that give you negatives, not the opposite of what you're stating the flaw to be.

Whoops, sorry. I tried to base it off how other people did it and misunderstood how to word it. Alright, edited.

Alright. I'll bring you in when these next actions are completed. Have you read up on the thread yet?

Berenzen:
Alright. I'll bring you in when these next actions are completed. Have you read up on the thread yet?

Yep!

Berenzen, this game seems awfully familiar. To the players: How's it working out?

JamezBfod:
Berenzen, this game seems awfully familiar. To the players: How's it working out?

Woah, that is weird, it's like a twisted mirror image of our own RP... same OP, different players. Did you write the original? Funny how there's quite a few gods with similar themes like god of death, god of fire etc... no Roe look-a-like as far as I can see, which I guess is a good thing :-P

Berenzen's on a hiatus right now but I'm filling in for him as GM, going pretty well at the moment, lots of competition between gods and races etc, some coalitions beginning to form... lots of debate too about various things, we've filled 120 pages of user-group chat so far...

this is by far the greatest thing I have ever read! the characters are amazing the story has been up and down and has come to the climax with seith were will it go next I just have to know! but the story is better than any book or game I have read or played keep it up!

God'sFist:
this is by far the greatest thing I have ever read! the characters are amazing the story has been up and down and has come to the climax with seith were will it go next I just have to know! but the story is better than any book or game I have read or played keep it up!

Thanks dude! It means a lot. Let's just say all hope isn't lost for Seith's kind.

drmigit2:

God'sFist:

Thanks dude! It means a lot. Let's just say all hope isn't lost for Seith's kind.

what do you mean by that exactly?

side note I was actually rooting for vantric melanthios and Mendar to win.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked