Vampire - The Masquerade: The Final Nights

It is a world of darkness. Ancient monsters stalk the world of mortals, hidden from our sight. Perhaps the most insidious of these are the Vampires who walk the night alongside Humanity, drawing upon them for both sustenance and progeny. These immortal monsters have manipulated Humanity for millennia, hiding from our knowledge behind their Masquerade.

Today these Vampires have spread nearly all over the world, waging shadowy wars among their own kind. One such war is brewing within the city of San Diego in the aftermath of the demise of the leader of that city. Responsibility for leading the city in the time ahead now falls to the Primogen Council, a group of Vampires who represent the various Clans within a city.

And while the Primogen lead the city, their agents must begin the labor of piecing together the mystery of who assassinated the Prince, why and how, an investigation that will lead them into greater darkness than they find even within their own souls.

Meanwhile, from the shadows Elder Vampires whisper about dark events - a bright, red star hangs in the night sky, and the world itself seems tense and wary, as though an ancient evil that has long slumbered is awakening. There are those who say that these are the Final Nights, and that soon the Apocalypse spoken of in Vampiric myths and legends is soon to be upon them - Gehenna.

I'm familiar with the universe through the video game rather than the tabletop so before I get to work on character history I'd just like to check if these would be acceptable discipline builds for a Gangrel agent and Tremere elder. (the limit on each is 5, right?)

Feedback and criticism more than welcome. Needed in fact. It's been a long time since I've done anything involving the masquerade universe.

For the most part, but the Agents can only have four disciplines. But you got it right for your characters, at any rate.

PrinceOfShapeir:
For the most part, but the Agents can only have four disciplines. But you got it right for your characters, at any rate.

But my agent has 4 disciplines (3 natives and the 1 I'm allowed to add) or do you mean I can only put their points up to a level of 4? Either way awesome! I'll get cracking on character stories soon as.

Ah, I misunderstood what you said. Yeah, you did it right.

Personally I prefer nWoD over oWoD, but I might make up a character nonetheless. Standard 5/4/3, 11/7/4 with 7 humanity at start?

Also, are you just using core rules, or are supplements allowed? If so, which ones?

I won't be tracking attributes and the skills/talents/knowledges. Given that you're all around a century old, you've had time to get good at anything you give a crap about. As for Humanity, I'm not going to put a number to it. This is an adaptation of the setting more than the game.

Would I be able to take Malkavian Elder, and either Ventrue or Nosferatu Agent?

For the Malkavian Elder, is Narcissistic Personality Disorder, with a generous side of Mania a valid choice?

Lambi has expressed interest in playing the Malkavian Elder. While you're welcome to try for it, you may want to consider making the character adaptable to another clan. And yeah, that sounds reasonable.

c_westerman13:
Would I be able to take Malkavian Elder, and either Ventrue or Nosferatu Agent?

For the Malkavian Elder, is Narcissistic Personality Disorder, with a generous side of Mania a valid choice?

You can go ahead and make that Malkavian Elder if you want to. I'm thinking of making my Malkavian an Agent instead. I think I'd make a better Malkavian Agent than Elder. And I've got another clan in mind for an Elder. At least my Agent will have a Sire, heh.

Cheers, Lambi. Just a check on flavour, IIRC, There's only one clan in VtM that don't have reflections, isn't there? Malks can see themselves in mirrors?

Yeah, it's only the Lasombra that lack reflections. And they all have shadows.

Here's my Malkavian Primogen, then.
If there's any issues, Just say. I'll get an agent up ASAP.

I'll add anything else if someone comes forward as a Tremere agent.

Dogmatic, I'm very iffy about this character. The story of the character doesn't seem well suited to a Tremere, they're typically very cold and focused. I have a hard time reconciling immense magical power with the helmsman on a 18th century trading ship. It doesn't fit well. Besides that, the entire bio is about him becoming a Vampire, and that's only a small fraction of his life.

Also, the Tremere as a general rule embrace in a ritual that involves the new Vampire drinking the blood of the Council of Seven. (Actually, need to add the Blood Bond into the glossary.) While you don't have to have that, it is an important part of the Tremere clan culture.

For future reference on this kind of stuff, I recommend everyone consult the White Wolf Wiki.

White Wolf Wiki-VTM Clans

Tremere are one of the most fiddly and complex clans, so if you're not familiar with VTM I really discourage it. That also goes for anyone considering playing a bloodline or non-Camarilla clan.

Fair dues like I said I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the world history. I'll work on something new when the chance arises.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked