The Darkest Corners: A Modern Fantasy RP (Interest Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 26 NEXT

The poison seemed to have worked much faster than usual and the alien thing quickly changed back to its original form and seemed to surrender. Maybe it had something to do with the creature shapeshifting or being magical? Roland had no idea. He wondered if it would keel over soon as he flew on top of a few boxes, a safe distance away from the grey creature.

"Very impressive. You pack quite a punch there." Roland heard another voice in his head say. It sounded different from the one earlier but the bird had no idea who it actually was. Maybe the mage that was interrogating the creature?

"Uhhh, thank you," Roland said, still not quite sure if revealing the fact that he was poisonous was such a good idea.

"Zaheer, get the hell out of my way! NOW!" someone yelled and hovered over to the creature and started to demand the thing to tell him something. My, but he was unpleasant to look at. Maybe he was a one of the undead? A lich? Roland really hoped that the dragon-bird-alien thing wouldn't die before answering the lich's question and quietly flew away.

He spotted John sitting quietly on the floor. Did the agent have another breakdown? He seemed different this time though. Roland flew over and landed on the floor in front him. "John? Are you all right?"

Seras had mostly being ignoring what was going on, annoyed that it was all happening on her first proper holiday with Theon; she wanted the occasion to be both memorable and special, but not in this way. She was almost about to start shouting at everyone, but when Seras turned her head to face the calamity before her, all she could focus on was the sight of the John sitting on the floor; he seemed to look rather sad. A few moments later, the woodpecker that had been flying about earlier landed next to him, and began to talk. Seras climbed out from her seat, and went to sit next to him.

"What is the matter John? You look as though your about to cry." Seras asked in a calm and friendly tone, not wanting to upset him further.

Lucia rolled her eyes, "You haven't changed at all" she said to Fromanzio, as she walked oer to John who was still on the floor and squatted down in front of him "You ok? Fromanzio can do some nasty things to some ones head" Lucia's tone was more friendly and concerned then one would think a dragon was capable of.

Richard groaned, walking over to the jester, he put a multiplanar telekinetic barrier around it, funneling the fields that were on the doors to this new pursuit of his power. The irritating creature COULD try to get out of it, if it wanted to go nowhere AND be crushed into the consistency of mashed potatoes.

Richard did like the benefits in planar control of Ascension, after muttering a few incants to make the spell stay without his direct eye contact, he merely delegated some of his mind to keeping the prison active, and walked over to Terra 'I love you. Would it be impolite to kill that little imp? I almost want to.' Though Richard didn't physically seem in pain, Terra could sense that he had a headache quickly developing.

while Lucia waited for John to reply she turned her attention to the Woodpecker "So, I wasn't hearing things, you can talk. So what's your story, if you don't mind me asking?" She said with genuine interest in this small talking bird

Theon had been ignoring what was happening around him, as soon as the mages started fighting he had decided to stay out of it. He was annoyed that it had to happen today of all days, the first day of their trip. Well at least it seemed to be about over now. He spotted John sitting on the ground looking sad. Theon sighed. Perhaps it was time for him to apologize for the way he had behaved earlier. He then spotted Seras walking over there. "What is the matter John? You look as though your about to cry."

Sandulf grinned "That wouldn't be a first, damn cry baby." "Shut up Sandulf!" Theon forced Sandulf back into his cage. He walked over to John. "Listen I am sorry about how I acted earlier. It is just that my werewolf side is pretty new to me and sometimes he takes over. I didn't mean any disrespect, John." Theon gave John a sincere smile, before asking. "Is there anything I can do to help you?"

John started to mumble as the talking brought him closer to reality.

"Stop laughing... stop laughing... stop laughing..." John said, his hands now over his ears, still imagining everybody around him making fun of his pain and suffering, eyes unfocused on anything.

"So, I wasn't hearing things, you can talk. So what's your story, if you don't mind me asking?" The dragon lady (now what was her name again...Lucia?) had walked over and squatted down next to him.

"My mother was a milk maid and my father was a very clever woodpecker," the woodpecker joked. "Nah, I'm just kidding. Well...to put it simply," Roland said, "Don't piss off angry old ladies that live in the middle of nowhere."

John meanwhile seemed to be snapping out of it again.

"Stop laughing... stop laughing... stop laughing..."

People talking around him seemed to be helping but slowly.

"John, your boss called. He wants to know what happened to the vampires," Roland said.

"A curse eh? That sucks" Lucia said looking Roland over a bit "But least its a pretty form"

"Stop laughing... stop laughing... stop laughing..."
Lucia sighed and shot Fromanzio a pointed look "Asshole hasn't changed at all" she grumbled before slapping John in the face, hard enough to get his attention but not hurt him "It's all a lame trick, no one's laughing at you! It's an Illusion!" she said, trying to jar him back to reality.

"John, your boss called. He wants to know what happened to the vampires,"

*Slap*

"It's all a lame trick, no one's laughing at you! It's an Illusion!"

The pain, the yelling, and the fear that his superiors were taking such direct actions ("NO! I AM GOING TO BE ON ELDRITCH DUTY FOR LIFE!") forced John to notice that everybody around him were not pointing and laughing.

John slowly got to his feet, looking around him.

"I needed that. Thank you," John said, smiling at everybody around him, but mostly at Lucia.

He gave a murderous glare at Fromanzio, swearing to find a spell that can debilitate that creature and cause it pain.

"At least I did him to shut his @#$^ing mouth," he softly whispered to anyone in earshot.

John slowly walked back to the murderer, grabbing each seat as he passed by to help him remain steady as the Lich started yelling at the creature.

"Can ANYONE on this plane just cast a forced translation spelled on this thing?" John said, noting it's physical condition seemed to worsen by the second, "Or just keep it alive?"

"I needed that. Thank you,"

"Your welcome." Lucia said with a smile as John got up to resume his duty's

"At least I did him to shut his @#$^ing mouth,"
Lucia smirked at this "Wait five minutes, he'll be running it again, and no, blowing his head off doesn't work, I tried that already." she said with a giggle.

"Still" Lucia started "I'm surprised he remembers me"

Roland flew back onto John's shoulder as the agent made his way back to the murder scene. No one probably believed the arrest bit anymore but it wouldn't hurt to pretend a bit longer. Besides, he barely weighed anything and sitting on someone's shoulder reduced the risk of being stepped on.

"Can ANYONE on this plane just cast a forced translation spelled on this thing? Or just keep it alive?"

"Do you think it'll die soon?" Roland asked, glancing worriedly towards the lich, "Oh, and your boss didn't call. Or even if he did I'd be unable to answer."

The creature was covering its eye, desperately trying to get the wound to calm. It felt sick and confused and in pain. All said and done, it wanted to be anywhere but on the plane. Then the yelling started. "What are you? You will tell me everything I wish to know or die right here. Do you understand?" one of the mages said in surprisingly good Welsh. The creature could only nod as it tried to make some distance from the group - if only avoid the little flying thing that pecked its eye and the demon-clown. It puzzled over the question, looking for the words to answer the mage. Finally, it opened its mouth and spoke, stuttering slightly. "I... under...walk." it said, attempting English, but failing. Returning to Welsh, it said "I understand."

It would have continued were it not for the sudden intervention of the Lich. "Where the fuck is Arzhela?!" he demanded, eyes flaring "Why did she send you here? Tell me! NOW!!" Now the creature was particularly scared; why were all the Liches in its life so angry all the time? Not even trying to speak in English, it said "I don't know... the Lich, er Arzhela hired me to watch Lord Crim and kill him if any Liches spoke with him... I don't know why, she just did..." the monster said, not sure what else to say. "It's what I do... she gave me a magic tattoo and I killed two vampires; that's all I know." it said. The look in the Lich's eye was perhaps only slightly less frightening then the little pecker thing.

Realizing, it hadn't answered Zaheer's question in full - and scared of looking at the Lich - it continued where it had left off. "I'm... I don't know the word for it... we hide in their-" it said, pointing at the humans around it "-society... we have no name; not like humans... the humans have a word but... I don't know it; its a hard word - foreign." it said, not knowing how else to answer. It tried to say the word, making several attempts at mimicking a word of Germanic descent; to no avail.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Can we also get a mind reader?" The FBI agent said before being overcome by some kind of magical illusion by the looks of it - the source o which appeared to be the Demon-clown Zaheer had called forth. [b]"I love you. Would it be impolite to kill that little imp? I almost want to." Terra heard in her head form Richard. Terra could tell he was getting a headache from the little "Imp"; a feeling she could sympathize with - it was giving her one as well. "I think it best not to; Zaheer might not like it, and I don't think anyone needs you two getting into a fight." she thought back after some hesitation - she really didn't like the Imp very much at the moment, but Richard was containing it so she let it go.

When John had finally recovered from his encounter, Terra approached him saying. "I can do it; though I can't say I like the idea of going into that-" she said, pointing at the cowering monster, before continuing "thing's head." She'd always hated entering another creature's mind without their permission; it always seemed so... wrong. None-the-less, if she tried; she could probably crack his mind open like an egg if she wanted - another thing that scared her about her powers.

Dominic had been listening to the conversation that was going on between the Lich and the mysterious being, apparently Lucius was looking for someone, another Lich by the name of Arzhela, and this creature was working for her. The creature tried saying the word that human kind had given its race, but had trouble saying it due to its Germanic sounding. At that moment, the pieces fell into place, all the clues that he had seen, he was able to figure it out what he was trying to say.

"I believe the word your looking for, is Doppelgänger; German for double walker. A paranormal double of a living person, whose presence typically represents evil or misfortune. It is also the term used to describe having glimpsed oneself in the peripheral vision, in the position where there is very little chance of it being a reflection. I thought your kind had fallen into myth, it appears I was wrong." Dominic said calmly, drawing the attention of the group towards him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I needed that. Thank you." John said, smiling at everybody around him, but mostly at Lucia. He then got up and started to climb up and move through the seats towards the murderer.

"Don't mention it John, we we're only here to help someone in need." Seras remarked as she too stood up, and made her way back towards her seat.

"I believe the word your looking for, is Doppelgänger; German for double walker. A paranormal double of a living person, whose presence typically represents evil or misfortune. It is also the term used to describe having glimpsed oneself in the peripheral vision, in the position where there is very little chance of it being a reflection. I thought your kind had fallen into myth, it appears I was wrong." The other Vampire Lord said as he weighed in.

"A Doppelganger eh" Lucia said, crouching next to the creature "Well regardless of what he is, you'll get more out of him if he isn't terrified, or dieing" mostly talking to the Litch, Then she began to speak in Draconic, a pale green glow surrounding her hand as she reached out to touch the doppelganger, the creature glowed in the same green for a moment "That should take a lot of the edge off." she said as she got back up and turned to John "It'll still need medical attention, all I did was slow what ever is making it so ill"

"I needed that. Thank you." John said, smiling at everybody around him, but mostly at Lucia. He then got up and walked away. "Don't mention it John, we we're only here to help someone in need." Seras said as she too stood up, and made began to walk back to her seat. Theon smiled as he walked back to his seat, he placed his arm around Seras. "How about we go back to sleep now my love? There doesn't seem to be anything left for us to do." Theon wanted to go back to sleep, and he had quite enough of all the drama in the plane.

"I can do it; though I can't say I like the idea of going into that... thing's head."

"I can't blame you for that," John said, still calming down and getting a level head after the mind raping, "We still don't know what it is so I won't make-"

"I believe the word your looking for, is Doppelgänger; German for double walker. A paranormal double of a living person, whose presence typically represents evil or misfortune. It is also the term used to describe having glimpsed oneself in the peripheral vision, in the position where there is very little chance of it being a reflection. I thought your kind had fallen into myth, it appears I was wrong."

"Really?" John said, looking at the thing, never even hearing about such a creature before, mostly dealing with Animorphs like the Half-Werewolf, "Is this just it's natural form? Is it one of the fair folk or something else entirely?"

"That should take a lot of the edge off. It'll still need medical attention, all I did was slow what ever is making it so ill"

"Thank you," John said, "I do know a few medical spells, but unless I know what is wrong with it, trying to cure wrong thing would most likely kill it."

John turned to Richard (he didn't trust Zaheer to be able to control his power, although John hadn't forgotten the "calming" charms), "Do you have any spells that can detect what poison or what curse that is on it that is killing the doppalganger or powerful medical spells that would boost it's bodies ability to fight off the problem on it's own?"

John then looked around him, "Or anyone, really?" John cupped his hands around his mouth, "IS ANYONE ON THIS PLANE A DOCTOR OR GOOD WITH MEDICAL MAGIC?"

John remembered that Roland was the one who poked the creature in the eye, so he turned to him, "Do you know what you di- what is wrong with this creature?"

"Do you know what you di- what is wrong with this creature?"

"It...I think it's the poison," Roland admitted reluctantly, "Though it usually has a slightly different effect. It's slower, for one thing. So it might not be the poison?"

Roland looked at the Doppelgänger. The creature was definitely in bad shape. "But if it really is m- the poison and if it got a big enough dose then you're going to need a undertaker instead of a doctor."

"It's what I do... she gave me a magic tattoo and I killed two vampires; that's all I know."

Lucius paused for a second, thinking about the situation, before deciding that his interrogation could use a little privacy. He thought for a second, and muttered "nonvenenum", placing a hand on the creature, administering a magical antidote. He looked over to the fuckwit of an agent, and spoke.

"Listen, Frumentarius, The creature's cured. now we're going outside for a while to talk - we'll catch up. ok?"

Without waiting for a reply, Lucius muttered to himself - "loconovum" - grabbing a hold of the creature - Doppleganger, by all accounts - steel cables and all as he did so, and began to teleport himself and the creature approximately 20 meters to his left.

"You're gonna talk, Doppelganger", the words slipped out of Lucius' mouth almost subconciously.

"Really?" John asked, sounding confused as he looked at the Doppelgänger. "Is this just it's natural form? Is it one of the fair folk or something else entirely?"

"I believe it to be so John, after all, everything must start from something at the very least. Whilst a Doppelgänger is not one of the fair folk, being more paranormal in nature and having more in common with entities like ghouls and ghosts along with other malignant spirits, it is tangentially connected to the fair folk; but in what way I am not sure, so I will not be able to elaborate for you at the present time." Dominic remarked, giving a brief explanation about the class that the Doppelgänger belonged to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seras could feel an arm wrapped around her, turning round she saw it was Theon who happened to be smiling as well.

"How about we go back to sleep now my love? There doesn't seem to be anything left for us to do."

"I suppose your right my dear, though given all that has happened, it might be a little difficult; but I'm sure we'll find a way." Seras said with a smile as she nuzzled herself against Theon. His eyes looked both warm and inviting.

"It...I think it's the poison. Though it usually has a slightly different effect. It's slower, for one thing. So it might not be the poison?"

John looked down at Roland. "Great, if things biology is that different, no spell of min-"

"Listen, Frumentarius, The creature's cured. now we're going outside for a while to talk - we'll catch up. ok?"

"Umm, thanks for curing the poison, but what do you mea-" John said, before the Lich teleported away. "That arrogant @#%&!"

John looked around, seeing the Lich holding the creature outside through a window. John noticed two things. #1 the inetria the Lich had on the plane was quickly being lost to air resistance, meaning the plane sped away from the undead Roman and the German alien. #2 the Droppelganger was convulsing. His murder suspect and the one of the two being able to communicate with it would be stranded, floating over the mid Atlantic.

John turned around and ran to the front of the plane.

"I don't think that spell cured the creature," Roland said, hurrying after John. "I admit I don't really know much of anything about magic but I have yet to see anyone be able to cure the poison. Survive it yes but not cure it. Maybe we should just leave Mr. Ugly outside? He probably won't be too happy if the Doppelgänger keels over."

"Not that simple," John said as he ran to the pilot, "I doubt this thing just killed Lord Crim on a whim, I need to know if it is working with somebody and I am NOT going to just trust the Lich's word."

John kept running, hoping some of the others were smart enough to follow him.

"Zaheer, you could understand it, did it say anything important and what was the Lich yelling at it about?" John said as he ran past a screaming steward.

Outside the plane, the winds were fierce, but Lucius scarcely noticed. Stabilising quickly from the sudden change, he grabbed a trailing cable from the creature, and, holding tight onto it, dropped the creature, clenching his other fist slightly to keep the creature tied up. As the winds roared over the Atlantic, Lucius magically enhanced his voice to be audible, and spoke once more in old-welsh:
"Do you value your life, scum?", Lucius asked the creature, still furious, "DO YOU?!?!". His eyes flared once more, and he tightened the cables a little on the creature, waiting for it to talk.

Zaheer

"Zaheer, you could understand it, did it say anything important and what was the Lich yelling at it about?"

Zaheer had figured more about the creature through Lucius's conversations than anything else, though he also quickly figured out it was a doppleganger. Made sense all things considered. Fromanzio had sent a telepathic request for help and Zaheer saw Richard left his summon in a telekinetic barrier. Zaheer shook his head and destroyed the prison, Fromanzio flying out joyously and hanging out behind his master, hoping to get to stab Richard later. Zaheer finally got around to responding.

"Imperious is looking for a friend, who it seems has hired our friend to kill Lord Crim, the reasoning behind this is beyond myself, though I think I will know pretty soon."

Lucius might have left the plane, but that did little to stop Zaheer from spying. He wanted to know exactly what was going on. The good news however from all of this, was that he was now even more interested in helping Lucius find his mark. Even better was that Zaheer couldn't feel bad if this leads to the sealing of the other Lich. He still had his trusty tobacco can.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Fromanzio

The human seemed to have recovered from the ordeal, for one with such weak will, he seemed to bounce back pretty easily. Fromanzio laughed at the thought of a human with the a will similar to to a stress ball. Admittedly, it did make the human a lot more fun to toy with though. Fromanzio kept John on his list of people to mess with later. In the meantime, Zaheer started speaking about killing things again. Fromanzio gained a huge smile, extending further than most humans could dream. He flew through the air squealing "Yahoo! Master and Fromanzio are going on another outing! Fromanzio had his knives sharpened for this! Ohhh which one should he bring?"

Fromanzio began shuffling through a seemingly endless supply of knives stored in a ludicrously small pouch in his left pocket. The knives were of various shapes and sizes and after a few minutes of this, an increasingly large pile of knives began to form.

Lucia frowned as the Litch teleported out side, pondering how much she really cared what happened to the doppelganger, she'd only gotten up cause she heard Fromanzio's laugh and wanted to see if it was really him.

She then turned to Zaheer "Send me outside" Deciding to get involved for no other reason then she wasn't gonna get back to sleep now anyway "Send me outside while John works on what ever he's doing"

"Imperious is looking for a friend, who it seems has hired our friend to kill Lord Crim, the reasoning behind this is beyond myself, though I think I will know pretty soon."

John nodded, to annoyed that he let that little demon free.

He opened the door to the cockpit to some surprised pilots.

"What is going on back there?" The pilot started, "We have heard there was a murder, a mad jester, something about an alien..."

"Turn the plane around."

"What? I can't do that, we only just have enough fuel to get to London-"

"Alpha 4 3 7 Charle 7 8 2 3 1 Texas," John said flatly.

The pilot shut up, dumb founded that an FBI agent had that access code, and turned the plane around.

Zaheer

"Turn the plane around."
Zaheer instantly countered John's response. "No. I am an ascended mage and this plane must stay en route to London. The murderer is located there and must be apprehended. If you try to turn this plane around, I can easily just carry it to London."

Zaheer turned around and saw John seeming nervous about his summoned creature. He responded calmly. "As long as you don't try and hurt him, he won't hurt you. I only let him do that because you threatened him, the effects are harmless. The business I have in London is too important for a simple Doppleganger to take precedence and I think you could help apprehend the one responsible for the murder. Sound good?"

Lucia, getting ignored, shrugged and went back to her seat, and settled back in "Well so much for that I guess"

The Lich, who was becoming more frightening by the minute, did something unexpected. Placing his hand on the gender-neutral creature, he cast a spell to heal it of its poison. The spell kicked in quickly and had the remarkable effect of nothing. Despite the magic of the Lich, the poison was of Fae origin; whether Seelie or Unseelie, Fae magic was difficult to break in all its many forms.

Before the Lich could notice the spell's ineffectiveness, there was a sudden blast of wind. The doppelganger looked around, and now found himself hanging from a very angry Lich's hands via an unfairly tight cable. "You're gonna talk, Doppelganger" he yelled out over the winds. The doppelganger stared up at the man, more then a little fear in its eyes. "Do you value your life, scum? DO YOU?!?!" he continued, leaving the doppelganger more and more in a panic. It called out in Welsh, mostly unintelligible screams of horror, but in between screams of "I WAS TALKING!"

Combined with the unsettling heights, the fear for life, and the poison still active in its system, the doppelganger lost its inadequate airline dinner somewhere over the north-east Atlantic.

"No. I am an ascended mage and this plane must stay en route to London. The murderer is located there and must be apprehended. If you try to turn this plane around, I can easily just carry it to London."

"As long as you don't try and hurt him, he won't hurt you. I only let him do that because you threatened him, the effects are harmless. The business I have in London is too important for a simple Doppleganger to take precedence and I think you could help apprehend the one responsible for the murder. Sound good?"

"You misunderstood me," John said quickly, "I am just going to have the pilot fly in a circle, then pick up the Lich and the Droppleganger before continuing to London. We are close to Europe than we are to the US, we wouldn't be able to reach it anyway. I ALSO want to get who ever did this, and learning EVERYTHING that creature and that Lich knows is the best way to do it."

Zaheer was continuing to just get on John's nerves. If John had equipment (or at least the ability to call for back up) he at least was sure he could seriously hurt the ascended mage, but now Zaheer had all the advantages, yet it was increasingly clear he wasn't in control of his ego. Through the open door, John saw Lucia looking angrily at Zaheer before sitting down.

John turned back to the front, searching to the skies for what should now be a stationary Lich...

A stationary Lich.

If it is teleported into a plane moving this fast...

"Oh @#$^," John said. John turned around, grabbed Zaheer, and dragged him over to Lucia.

"Lucia," John said, "Can you fly as fast as this plane?"

"I WAS TALKING!"

The creature screamed back at Lucius, just about audible over the roaring atlantic winds, before throwing up into the air. Lovely, he thought to himself, returning to the situation. Realising he probably didn't have long before someone else showed up, he dropped the cable a little, giving the creature a jolt, and began to slowly unclench his fist, allowing to cables to begin loosening.

"Where did you see Arzhela? How did she contact you?", he started his questions, still in the creature's apperently native language, "You've got about 2 minutes before you drop out of these cables, now ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTIONS!!", he said, eyes flaring hotter than ever.

Richard kissed Terra's forehead, then walked up to the FBI agent "Need any help there, MiB?"

"Lucia," John said,getting her attention "Can you fly as fast as this plane?"

Lucia grinned "According to some math I did, my top speed is 15,720 miles per hour." She said with out really moving save to make eye contact with John "Why? whats up?"

"According to some math I did, my top speed is 15,720 miles per hour. Why? whats up?"

"Ok, I..." John started, before he processed the number she gave him, "Wait, 15 THOUSAND miles an hour? Why did you even need to use the plane?"

John shook his head, "Anyway, I we need you to be able to go out, catch the Lich and the... other thing, and fly a little faster than this plane. If we teleport them back into the plane at their current speed, either they will, or we will turn into flaming mush. That grey creature (why can't pronounce it's name) was working for somebody, and I do not think that Lich is going to leave it alive for much longer"

John turned to the ascended mages. "Can either of you teleport her out of the place, teleport the three of them back INTO the plane, and then place the Lich in an anti-teleportation prism?"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked