The Darkest Corners: A Modern Fantasy RP (Interest Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 26 NEXT

...and I'll see to it mother nature finally catches up to you."

Lucius hadn't really been listening to most of what the fake Lich had said, distracted by the combination of a Jester and the Dragon's return. However, at the end of her little speech, he snapped back, hearing the rising threat. Yeah, like she would ever find his Phylactery.

"Arzhela, sweetie, you know I left a lot of my stuff at your place", Lucius cocked his head sarcastically, "Did you think i'd never be back for it?" Lucius smirked at the vague innuendo, and muttered "Proliopilia Caldus", causing spheres of super-heated water to rush at her - not that he expected much to happen. At about this point, a volley of rays appeared and shut off the fucking racket from the music box. Finally. Unfortunately It was soon replaced by something even more annoying. oh well.

"Besides, your stupid quarrel is RUINING MY VACATION!"

Ah. The dragon was back, thankfully she seemed to be helping, as she tried encasing the fake Lich in a prism. A prism which was rapidly surrounded by... fuck. Portals. portals which were rapidly spewing out what he assumed to be Zaheer's summons, flying at his adversary. This could get interesting. Lucius decided he'd help Arzhela dispose of the imps, as he figured he could be their next target. "Diablo Dominari", he muttered, gaining 10 seconds in control of one of the imps. He sent the imp flying into one of its friends, before dominating another one, slowly causing a many-imp pile-up over the atlantic. Ah, the fun of new things.

As if this wasn't bad enough, there was now a large fireball approaching from the plane. what?

Arzhela looked on at the magical assault, her eyebrow elevated slightly. She had to admit, she'd never been attacked by a combination of Lich, Dragon and two ascended before. She found herself trapped in an energy sphere, that was filling with demons, bathing in hot water with a ball of magical flames en route. Raising her hand, she quickly muttered a small number of magic words before the Imps overtook her. A moment later, the ball of magic energy slammed into the area, crushing the dragons shield and vaporizing the Imps.

When the smoke cleared, nothing remained of the Imps or the Lich or the Doppelganger to bee seen, save a small magical circle floating in the air; it looked much like the circle the Lich had branded on the doppelganger, though any with magical knowledge could see their were anything but the same spell.

From the circle came a voice, the voice of the Lich woman saying "I can see you won't be heeding my warning then Lucius. It's a shame; I had hoped we could settle our little dispute in a civilized manner. Very well Lucius; if it's a fight you want, then I await your arrival." it said, before displaying a small map, with Cardiff marked upon it. "I look forward to your visit." it finished; its tone mocking.

"Well, assuming you make it of course." it added as an addendum as the circle exploded in a burst of magical energy in all directions, strong enough to vaporize more then a few monsters.

John saw the ever growing sphere of explosive energy radiating out from the female Lich.

"@#$^!" John yelled, "BRACE YOURSELVES!" He saw the other passengers going into a brace position.

John had a shielding spell that would of saved him from it, but he wasn't powerful enough to cover the entire plane with it.

"The only place I am going to get enough power is..." John said to himself, "...the plane."

Completely desperate, John punched his hand into a light, grabbed the side of the plane with his other hand. John felt the electricity flowing into him, John converting it into raw magical power.

"MAGICAE SCUTUM!" John blurted at the top of his lungs, forcing as much magic and willpower into the spell as possible, incasing the entire plane into a bubble.

The magical blast shook the plane, the lights flickered and died, and more people screamed, but for the moment, they survived.

For the moment. However, John had blown out most of the circuitry on the plane, and all power was lost. The plane dipped forward, with it's destination changed to the Alanatic.

Lucia darted out of the blast radius, and just frowned at the bright light below her "What a waste of time this turned out to be ..." she grumbled to her self before looking for the plane, intent on returning to her seat, only to find it going down, all be it in one piece still "OH FOR FUCK SAKE!!" she shouted, and dove after the plane.

After catching the plane she wrapped her legs around, digging her claws, front and back into the belly of the liner and using her own propulsion to slow the liners decent, down to the water, given that it was way to heavy for her to keep a loft on her own.

"HEY, LITTLE HELP HERE?! THIS THING IS HEAVY!!" she shouted to one of the several ascended mages they seemed to have on hand

John was grabbing his arm in agony. Burnt from all the electricty that ran through it, plus several pieces of hard plastic jammed into his arm, bleeding immensely, John was surprised still could feel it. He didn't doubt he would be able to be healed, but that was a secondary concern as the plane kept tipping downwards.

John tried to move forward down the middle lane to see if he could help the pilot keep her air born (although John wasn't sure how) when another hit made John lurch forward onto his face. Through the window he saw Lucia's scaly leg, trying to save the plane from crashing into the ocean. John saw another problem, her holding of the plane was bending in the sides, and John wasn't sure if the plane would rip itself apart in her hands.

John was physically and magically exhausted from the shielding spell, but he cast a few stuctural integrity spells on the walls to keep the plane in one piece, although John was sure it was far from enough.

"CAN THIS MISSION GET ANY @#%&ING WORSE?" John said, before immediately regretting it, "WHY DIDN'T I JUST BECOME A DENTIST!?!"

Richard shielded himself from the explosion a split second before it hit him, knocking him back at high speeds.

Luckily, this meant he was arcing straight for the crashing plane.

Suddenly, his mind processed that. Crashing. Terra. Crashing.

Those near the plane suddenly saw a glowing figure breaking the sound barrier to get to them, quickly reaching a high speed, he repeated his modified blink from earlier and managed to skid the air enough to slow back. Matching the plane's speed, he closed his eyes and started looking at the circuitry of the plane. Whilst alone, it would be difficult to power the plane the full trip, Richard could PROBABLY power the plane temporarily and lift it a bit, just enough to give those inside more time, or at least, get to some sort of landmass if the dragon caught on and helped him out.

Love. I'd just like you to know. I'm about to do something really stupid. Please don't yell at me until we're safer, if this goes wrong it will be rather painful, and most likely unhealthy.

Richard started incanting modified phrases from his gravity evocation earlier. After about a minute, the airplane 'fell' into Richard's hands, after which Richard lowered the power of the impromptu flight charm to give it a roughly even lift. After that, he prepared for the next step.

It's not just the power that would be the difficult part of this, it'll be focusing through the pain of channeling that much power in such a weird way, which considering Richard's being was largely power now, constituted bending himself in reality, then not actually letting it happen.

Then transferring the power output into electrical power and feeding the extra back into himself to AGAIN transform THAT into magical energy for a tertiary effort of using a low level Animate Object spell to give Richard control of the wings, allowing him to adjust for the new gravitational patterns and such.

Normally, Richard would be able to save an airplane without such difficulty. But normally, he wouldn't have to consider another Ascended romping around on foot inside, with little to no idea what he's doing. Or a lich that doesn't seem to understand anything but the two letter word 'me' to consider interference from. Or that the plane's electrical circuits were blasted, which meant he had to defeat engineering designed to save the plane from lightning strikes, just to save the damn thing.

Blocking the area of his mind relevant to pain from Terra, he took a deep breath, and started his plan. Managing to get the plain level, perhaps even slowly going up, Richard let out sounds of pain in six different subspace universes.

"...Well, assuming you make it of course."

Well fuck. Lucius shook himself down - being at the epicentre of a magical explosion was never pleasant, but at least his state of undeath meant he could survive it - though it did leave him feeling like he had the world's worst hangover. Looking around, Lucius noticed, with concern, the failing plane, now well out of reach, being supported by the Dragon. How to get back...? he wondered.

Letting out a sigh, he muttered "Alia Spatium", half transferring his being to another subspace - Little more than a speed boost in effect, though the effort would likely have killed a few mortals sustaining it for long. He moved about 3 times his normal flight speed towards the plane (he guessed about... 300mph), feeling his being starting to peel away in the other universe. Ow. Ow. As he neared the plane, he muttered "Inrita", cancelling his previous spell, surveying the damage the burst had caused. The other universe had started to flay his left arm, though thankfully this meant little to a Lich.

"Loconovum", Lucius muttered, re-appearing within the Plane, before collapsing, and pondering Arzhela's words.

John was thrown around the plane again. He had no idea what, but the plane currently had a more level flight than it had before.

Before John could figure out what was keeping the plane up, the Lich teleported onto and collapsed. Seeing an oppertunity that would not come again, John hoisted the undead corpse (being careful to grab Lucius by it's clothing), and place it back into it's seat. John grabbed some cold iron nails from his jacket (it was all he had), took off his shoe, and nailed the Lich's hands to the arm rest. The nails and the cheap plastic alone would not hold down a Lich, so John then took some thin rope and stared to tie the creature to the chair (which was difficult with only one operating hand).

On the ceiling, John wrote several anti-teleportation wards to keep the Lich from escaping that way, although just didn't have enough power left to cast any anti-magic wards.

John looked around, weakly, to the other passengers, bad hand still dripping blood onto the carpet (although nobody would complain that it was a bad thing).

"Can anyone else help me restrain the subject?" John said.

"Can anyone else help me restrain the subject?"

Lucius came around for a short while, just long enough to hear the Agent's words. Subject? Was that what he was now? Lucius noticed the wards, and realised he wasn't going to be able to teleport. Too bad. What was holding him down?

Nails - Cold Iron by the look of it. Well at least that explained the searing pain in his hands. Not too much of a problem, though. Lucius ripped his right hand from the nails on the armrest, and pointed at the Agent. "Manumagus", he muttered, causing a spectral hand to tap his captor on the shoulder.

"Look frumentarius, I really don't have time for this right now", Lucius ripped his left hand free as well, "You gonna free me, or is this going to cause problems?"

Love. I'd just like you to know. I'm about to do something really stupid. Please don't yell at me until we're safer, if this goes wrong it will be rather painful, and most likely unhealthy. Terra heard through the mental bond from Richard. She had a moment to think "What are you..." before she realized what he was doing; trying to animate and fly the plane. There was one thing they could definitely agree on; it was stupid. Silently to herself, she thought "For being an all powerful knowledgeable mage, he sure does stupid things all the time."

Realizing what he was up to, and more importantly how painful it would be, she noted the distant lack of pain coming through the link. It wasn't hard to figure out what the idiot was doing; he was blocking that part of the link. Now that wouldn't do. Surreptitiously reaching out with her own mind, she reopened the link in a way he wouldn't notice - at least no immediately - to channel some of the pain toward her own mind. While she couldn't help lift the plane; lacking the magic for superhuman strength and size, she could at least make it easier for those doing the work.

She sat back in her chair and tried to will her way through as much of the pain as she could. Despite the pain, and feeling somewhat amused by Richard's distinct lack of brain power, she muttered to herself "boys" under her breath; breath that took the form of a sigh.

Seras was sleeping peacefully, wrapped up in-between Theon and the blanket that covered them, unaware of what was going on around her; some would say she is a heavy sleeper, and some of the time she would have to agree with you. Suddenly, a loud explosion could be felt, that caused Seras to be dislodged from her seats, and fell spread out onto the floor, rendering her temporarily unconscious.

When she came too, Seras could feel something building up deep within her, for some reason it felt familiar, she recalled such a sensation back on the day of her seal removal, when the voices told her that "She had awakened." Maybe it was this "She." that was Seras was feeling. Whilst it was familiar, it also felt different. Whereas before, it felt peaceful, instead it was angry; and Seras could probably guess at what.

Today was supposed to be a relatively stress free day, with it being the start of the around the world journey that she was going on with Theon and their friends. The argument between Edward Crim and her father Dominic could be forgiven for the most part; but after that things went downhill. Eventually, the feeling turned into a voice that spoke to her, it sounded feminine, with a mixture of both the gentile and anger.

Seras, listen to me my dear. You and I both know that we are angry at what was going on. I can help you bind that Lich more effectively than those nails that the pathetic agent is using; for you see, I have spells which can be rather effective against the undead. All I ask is that I briefly take control in order to use them. Do not worry, I have no intention of taking over your life, even I can see the bond that you and the Shapeshifter called Theon share, reminds me of when I was in love.

Seras thought this over for a few moments, then got up and went over to Theon who had also fallen out of his seat.

'Forgive me my love, I'm just about to do something, that may be seen as a bit stupid.' Seras whispered in Theon's ear, before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Alright, do it. Seras could suddenly feel a pulse of energy flow through her, and could see that she had taken on a red glow. On the outside, one would see that her red eyes had taken on a slightly darker shade, and her hair had a white parting down one side. Seras then raised her hands towards the Lich.

"Servitute Lux" Seras spoke quietly, as ethereal chains of light began to encircle themselves around the Lucius, which would make movement difficult, if not slightly painful. The chains stayed as Seras put her hands down.

"There, that should hold him John."

Lucia felt the plane 'lighten' under her "About time" she thought as she leveled the plane off, and immediately started looking for a place to put the plane down that wasn't water, barring that she'd make a place if need be.

John felt the tap on his shoulder.

"Look frumentarius, I really don't have time for this right now. You gonna free me, or is this going to cause problems?"

Before John could react, a blinding light came around the Lich and binded it to it's seat.

"There, that should hold him John."

John didn't even bother to keep his cover identity up anymore, nor noticing the physical changes Sera had gone through, only saying, "Thank you."

John turned to vile Lich, frustrated, angry, tired, in pain, ready to release all the emotions he been storing up since the second he stepped through the terminal door. John leaned in close and spoke quietly.

"Listen, immortui futuo," John said, his voice sounding much more menacing and having a much more pronounced Texan Accent, "You. Do. Not. Want. To. @#!^. With. Me. The people who I work for will break you if they view you as to great a threat for humanity."

"Does the name Publius Cornelius Lepidus Livianus mean anything to you? It should, since he also is a Lich that came from the "glory days" of the corrupt state you called a "Republic." You know why you have heard from him or about him in 78 years? No, we didn't destroy his phylactery. We never were able to find the @#&( thing, he hid it well."

"No, we nailed him to the ground, using ones much like this one," John said as he indicated to the cold Iron nails still in the armrest, "Surrounded him with every ward, every rune, every incantation, every piece of technology we could to make sure he would stay, and poured concrete on top of him. You know what concrete is, right? You Romans invented it. And Publius has been down there, for decade after decade, alone, in the blackness, now knowing the curse of his immortality."

"All the laws you have broken, all the people you endangered today, nobody would miss you. Because of you, the murderer is now dead. Because of you, we don't even have a corpse to examine. Because of you, this plane is being held up by a dragon, barely holding together. Because of you," John said, holding up his mutilated hand, "this happened. Because of you, we still may very well still die."

"All it would take is for me," John said as he pulled out his phone (displaying the message, 'Take out the Lich'), "To press this one button, and my people will hunt you to the ends of the Earth and beyond in a single quest to make you suffer for what you have done."

"The one thing that stopping me," John said, tone softening, "Is if that other Lich is who I think it is, she is a much, much bigger problem than you ever will be. If you help us take her down, your an asset, and ally, this whole incident will be forgotten. You can go on your merry way and do what you please. However, if you try to take her down on your own, if we see you as liability, a menace, an obstacle, we will make your existence nothing but a pit of darkness, for all time, where not a single person can hear you scream."

John stepped back from the Lich. "Your choice," John said, hand still lingering over the send message button.

Richard thought his plan was going surprisingly well. Barring the murderous, horrible pain he was feeling. Wait. Why could he still hear himself think? Dammit, love, I'm trying to be stupidly heroic.

One benefit of being Ascended was the fact that he could 'see' past fog and such, via a very odd sense that was much like simply being able to 'see' things that exist, even if they weren't in view. London was getting closer. He raised his voice to a level where he hoped the Dragon below would hear him "LONDON AHOY! You might want to get inside, friend. And please warn them that it's going to get kinda topsy turvy."

Richard, knowing that the pain oncoming from his next stunt was going to me much worse deigned to prepare for entirely blocking his mind off for the duration I love you. So. If I convince my Belgian associates to hand make you chocolate, will it bail me out of what I'm about to do?

"DRAGON, GET IN THE PLANE, OR FLY TO LONDON! I'm TAKING HER IN!"

What Richard did next would require considerable explanation to those inside the plane. Suddenly, gravity started getting stronger, and they felt like they were being pulled to the front of the plane. Those looking out the right side windows would notice there was suddenly the ocean and oncoming landmass in the distance.

About now, he separated the entire physically existent part of his mind from Terra as the pain increased, Richard managed to get the plane steered to the point where it was going straight towards the oncoming runway.

He felt the magic he'd been using to hold himself together through the escapade stressing. It hurt. More.

"THIS WAS A TERRIBLE IDEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

The agent quickly launched into a longwinded threat against Lucius, who was trying increasingly hard not to laugh in the Agents face. He remembered, though, the powers that frumentarii had access too, and really didn't want to invoke that, if he could help it! The mention of another Lich from the Glorious Empire intruiged him - he had thought he was the last one left!

"I have a counterproposal, Frumen- er... John, was it?", Lucius paused for a second, making sure he wanted to help this insolent young mortal, "I'll help you take down Arzhela - the other Lich - for three conditions. Firstly, you and your agency never attempt to find or oppose me. Secondly, I want full access to her base and archives. Your agency is welcome to it all once i've read it. Thirdly, I want to be able to meet Publius - he was a friend, almost 1500 years ago - just to talk. I assure you I will make no attempt to liberate him, Friend or not, he's still a rival."

Lucius looked directly at the agent, waiting for a reply, making no attempt to move - he'd realised what the chains were.

Theon had been sleeping, he was laying quite comfortable with Seras. He ignored all the noise coming from around him and continued sleeping for as long as he could. Suddenly there was a loud explosion and he was launched against the roof. He landed in front of his own seat with a minor skull fracture. Theon was unconscious, Sandulf however wasn't and he managed to slip out of the now broken cage. 'Forgive me my love, I'm just about to do something, that may be seen as a bit stupid.' Seras voice echoed inside Theon's mind. Sandulf took over his body. He had no intention of keeping it however, he only wanted to heal it. "The things I do to stay alive." Sandulf growled within Theon's mind. He changed his body, turning it back to how it was just before the explosion. He went back into Theon's mind, free of his cage.

Theon woke up with a terrible headache, he also felt that he had shape shifted recently. He wondered what the hell was going on, as the plane was shaking heavily. He couldn't find Seras anywhere and got really worried. 'Forgive me my love, I'm just about to do something, that may be seen as a bit stupid.' Theon froze, it was Sandulf repeating the message back to him. Had it been Sandulf who had taken over? He shook his head, such things did not matter right now. He felt the plane still shaking, he looked at the window to see the platinum dragon trying to keep it in the air. His headache suddenly got a lot worse, he fell on the ground struggling to keep his conciseness. Sandulf was inside his mind, forcing another prison open. A much darker and stronger one. "You can't hide who you are forever Theon, it is time to let him out." Sadulf said, smiling. Theon was too weak to do anything besides trying to keep the cage closed and laying on the ground. The gravity change was not felt be Theon, and he was still stuck between the 2 chairs so he remained in the same place as before.

Lucia breathed a sigh of relief as land came into view, which was good she really wanted to take a nap now.

"DRAGON, GET IN THE PLANE, OR FLY TO LONDON! I'm TAKING HER IN!"
Lucia rolled her eyes, and genitally let go of the air craft, leaving the mage in sole control of the plane "My name is Lucia, not 'dragon'." she said, annoyed, after flying up beside the mage. one could easily attribute her irratation to having to carry the plane she was flying on part way to its destination "I'll fly the rest of the way, just in case there's an issue" she said after getting a good look at the stress the mage was under then got back above the plane.

Richard gazed incredulously at the dragon "Sorry Lucia, but I've never met you before and it's rather important I address you right now. Meet you proper in London perhaps.

Richard's mixed English French Irish... thing started bleeding through.

Finally, there seemed to be a chance that this plane would actually get to London. Pegs raced to the window and mouthed a "Thank you" to Lucia, who was looking as annoying as Pegs felt about five minutes ago. Mages, liches, doppelgangers... What more was there? Even so, Pegs felt a mixture of adrenaline and relief, then made a mental note to make a formal complaint to the airline company. With luck, she would get a refund of some sort, which would make up for the bother today's events had caused. But heaven help her if she had ever had to share another moment with this rowdy bunch...

Roland had been quietly sitting near a window and watching the battle between the liches. He felt relatively safe on the plane. It was big, made of metal, and moving. What was the worse that could happen?
Oh how wrong he was.
First a spell hit the plane and it lost power which caused it to start falling. Then the dragon had grabbed onto the plane, nearly crushing it, followed by a change in gravity itself.
Roland flew onto the back of a nearby seat and sat there, stiff as a board. Despite the plane being quite spacious, he still felt the panic and fear from earlier, when he was hiding in the compartment, slowly creeping back.

"I'll help you take down Arzhela - the other Lich - for three conditions. Firstly, you and your agency never attempt to find or oppose me. Secondly, I want full access to her base and archives. Your agency is welcome to it all once i've read it. Thirdly, I want to be able to meet Publius - he was a friend, almost 1500 years ago - just to talk. I assure you I will make no attempt to liberate him, Friend or not, he's still a rival."

"What kind of counter offer is this?" John thought, smirking.

"You still think you can bargain?" John said, "You really think we would we would give a Lich access to a thousand years of magical records, talk to a omnicidial maniac who is most likely raving lunatic after spending almost 80 years in total isolation, or a get out of jail free card?"

John started to laugh in the Lich's face, before pulling out another Iron nail and stuffing it into the Lich's neck. "As I said before, do NOT @#%^ WITH ME. There will be no negotiations, no bargaining, you do not pass go, you do not collect $200. Your either with us, or your at the bottom of a concrete pit."

John stepped away from the Lich, heading to the cockpit, not even waiting for the reply, till another bump and suddenly feeling heavy made him stubble down one of the ros of seats. John grasped his burnt arm in renewed pain after landing on it, pretty sure his wrist is broken.

"NOW WHAT?" John thought, feeling the gravitational manipulation spell, "If you want to make the plane fly, WHO IS MAKING IT HEAVIER?"

John crawled into the empty seat, deciding that standing would be suicidal, and climbed into the one empty seat in the row. As he tied to his seat belt around his lap, (even with a broken arm, John did not trust the cheap airline seat belts with his life) he noticed he was now sitting next to the Fairy.

"Hi," John said, "Enjoying your flight?"

"You really think we would we would give a Lich access to a thousand years of magical records, talk to a omnicidial maniac who is most likely raving lunatic after spending almost 80 years in total isolation, or a get out of jail free card?"

Zaheer had been focusing outside the plane for a while now, from closing the portals, which took some time and incantations, to rescuing Fromanzio, who was traveling between portals right now and would probably be back at his side in about five minutes. The explosion hardly phased Zaheer, who let John deal with everything else. He began thinking about the archives and what they would bring him. Unfortunately, the clanging of nails brought him right back to reality, his ally in chains from the mage who was now scrambling about the plane like a madman.

Zaheer got out of his seat for the first time since the fight started and tapped the mage on the shoulders. "He isn't the only one interested in the archives. We are both looking for them and if he tries to destroy the Earth or something horrible, he has me to contend with. I need his full cooperation and as his ally, I have it. At this moment you are just making things worse, we need to work together. I have power, you have resources and he has information. I think the others might be interested in helping as well."

Zaheer saw how badly John was hurt and began channeling a spell, his arms glowing a bright green. "Sit still, I can fix those wounds up."

"Hi," John said, "Enjoying your flight?"

Ugh. That 'FBI agent' was lumbering towards her, and was now sitting beside her. London could never be close enough. She felt rather awkward sitting next to a rather injured human, especially as she just sat through the whole thing. Pegs lent on the seat and looking at the burnt arm, wondering if she could do something about it, or whether even she should. Pegs just decided to ask first.

"Just wondering if I'll ever get to London alive." She started off, in a rather dull tone, "How are you holding up with that arm?"

Then she just facepalmed as the ascended mage started with a healing spell. What did the offer from her matter when there was already an Ascended on the job?

Seras staggered a bit as she felt the plane getting heavier all of a sudden, almost falling over but managed to regain her balance at the last minute. This sudden moment combined with the sudden influx of power, had left her feeling drained. The physical changes began to fade, returning Seras to how she looked. It was then that the voice spoke to her again, sounding a little apologetic.

I am sorry Seras if you are feeling a little weak at the moment; its just with not using my powers for several centuries, you could say I am out of practice, and didn't know how much power it would take for the binding spell to work properly. Don't worry, shortly this feeling will pass, and over time you should be able to get use to it, meaning you will be stronger as a result. You should probably sit down now and rest, it has been a stressful day.

You can say that again. Actually, what do I call you? Miss...

Mileena, no need to add a "Miss" to it Seras.

Okay then Mileena, just who are you?

To put it simply, I am a rather old and powerful vampire. You and I Seras, in fact your whole family shares a special bond with me; which will be shown to you in time. For now, it would be best if you sat down.

Without questioning Mileena, mostly because it was the smart thing to do, Seras returned to her seat, and noticed Theon was stuck between the two chairs, which gave Seras a cause for concern.

"Are you okay Theon? Are you hurt in anyway? Is there anything I can do?"

Sandulf was unable to open the cage, he screamed in rage and stopped trying to pry it open. "I will open it someday Theon, even if you don't like it!" Sandulf then began walking around inside Theon's brain. Sandulf had given up for now, but the cage was damaged. It was only a matter of time before it opened, the last seal would be broken.

Theon slowly opened his eyes, he placed his hand on his head. "Are you okay Theon? Are you hurt in anyway? Is there anything I can do?" Theon looked up at the worried face of Seras, he shook his head as he stood up. "I just hit the roof after the explosion, nothing to worry about." He looked at Seras. "Seras were you injured during the explosion?" he was worried about her.

Theon shook his head at Seras as he stood up. "I just hit the roof after the explosion, nothing to worry about." He then looked at Seras more directly. "Seras were you injured during the explosion?" Theon asked in a worried tone, which was understandable given what had happened recently. Seras dusted herself down then responded.

"I was thrown about a bit by the explosion, collapsed onto the floor after it subsided. Can't feel any broken bones or any other injuries, all in all relatively unharmed." Seras said with a smile, hoping it would cheer Theon up and calm him down at the same time; she then sat back down in her seat again. She then decided to change the subject, thinking that it might take their mind off what was going on.

"Say Theon, when we touch down in London, and when arrive in the hotel; how about we just relax and not do much. With everything that has been going on, it is probably been enough for one day."

"I was thrown about a bit by the explosion, collapsed onto the floor after it subsided. Can't feel any broken bones or any other injuries, all in all relatively unharmed." Seras said with a smile, she then sat back down in her seat. Theon smiled "I am very happy and relieved to hear that you are unharmed." Theon sat down sighing relived. "Say Theon, when we touch down in London, and when arrive in the hotel; how about we just relax and not do much. With everything that has been going on, it is probably been enough for one day."

Theon nodded, he placed his arm around her "Just relaxing for the rest of the day sounds good. And I am sure that we deserve some rest, after what we have been through." Theon smiled, he then kissed Seras on her forehead. "So what do you want to do now? Try and get some more sleep?" Theon wasn't sure if he could fall asleep again.

Theon soon sat down as well and smiled at Seras, breathing with a sigh of relief. "I am very happy and relieved to hear that you are unharmed." After Seras's suggestion, Theon placed an arm around Seras. "Just relaxing for the rest of the day sounds good. And I am sure that we deserve some rest, after what we have been through." Theon then kissed Seras on the forehead, which made her blush again. "So what do you want to do now? Try and get some more sleep?"

"If I'm being honest with you my darling Theon, after all the stuff thats being going on; I don't think I can sleep any longer on this plane, it has been too hectic to say the least. We should probably just sit back, and hope we land safely; though, we can probably try and make it a bit more interesting." Seras remarked, kissing Theon on the cheek at the end.

Seras blushed a bit when he kissed her. "If I'm being honest with you my darling Theon, after all the stuff thats being going on; I don't think I can sleep any longer on this plane, it has been too hectic to say the least. We should probably just sit back, and hope we land safely; though, we can probably try and make it a bit more interesting." Seras remarked, kissing Theon on the cheek at the end. Theon turned a bit red too, he suddenly had an idea.

"You know we can just leave this plane, I could fly you to London." Theon seemed exited by the idea. "I mean I could change into a griffin or an big eagle or something like that. Wait no I have an even better idea. I change into my newest form, an iron dragon." Theon's face seemed to light up as he said that. "Well how about it Seras? want me to fly you to London?" Theon had a playful smile on his face.

"You really think we would we would give a Lich access to a thousand years of magical records, talk to a omnicidial maniac who is most likely raving lunatic after spending almost 80 years in total isolation, or a get out of jail free card?"

Lucius sighed at the troublesome agent, though unhelpfully, he took that opportunity to drive another of those damn nails into Lucius's throat. Great, just what he needed - Still, he'd encountered cold iron before, it could be a lot worse. Lucius tried to move and pull the nail out, distracted by his ever-unhelpful captor. Perhaps it would be easier to simply destroy this body? No, he couldn't afford to give Arzhela 2 weeks to prepare, unless it couldn't be helped. Still, getting out of these chains would be a good start.

Lucius looked around to see where Zaheer was - an ally would be helpful. And... great. Zaheer was talking to the Frumentarius. Was he helping? Lucius decided to try his hand at escaping. Starting at his basic tactics, he muttered a series of incantations. "Loconovum", no, that hurt. "Basireditum", Fuck, that hurt more. So teleportation was out. "Raptus Aerugo", of course, the chains weren't iron based - at least that one didn't hurt, though. "Frengo Metallus", christ this wasn't so easy as he'd hoped! "Parvacorpus", AHA! Lucius suddenly became a lot smaller, a mere foot tall. That was more like it. At this point he realised that, helpfully, one of his prior spells had turned the nail through his neck into fine, red powder. Well that was a bonus.

The small Lucius walked well away from the chains, next to John, and quietly muttered "Permaneo Obstinatus. Basireditum", followed by "Inrita", ending the spell that had reduced him.

"Hello John. To quickly answer your question, yes, I can still bargain with you - that's how negotiating works"

"You know we can just leave this plane, I could fly you to London." Theon looked excited at the prospect, and began to tell more. "I mean I could change into a griffin or an big eagle or something like that. Wait no I have an even better idea. I change into my newest form, an iron dragon." His face immediately lit up at the mere thought of it. "Well how about it Seras? Want me to fly you to London?" Theon soon had a playful smile on his face.

Seras looked at it and smiled, she could see the joy that Theon was having from the idea, but she just knew that couldn't simply leave her family behind without knowing they were safe. She looked at him with a sad expression, already feeling a little guilty for saying it, but it was the right thing to do.

"I'm really sorry Theon, but I'm afraid that I will have to decline your generous offer. If it were any other occasion my love, I would simply jump at the chance to soar through the sky. But given our current situation, I'd want to see that my family got safely off the plane first. Perhaps we can do it another time maybe. I... hope you understand." Seras said, immediately hugging Theon.

Theon wondered how she would react, he saw her expression turn a bit sadder. "I'm really sorry Theon, but I'm afraid that I will have to decline your generous offer. If it were any other occasion my love, I would simply jump at the chance to soar through the sky. But given our current situation, I'd want to see that my family got safely off the plane first. Perhaps we can do it another time maybe. I... hope you understand." Seras said, immediately hugging him.

Theon smiled as he hugged her back. "Of course I understand my love. If I had family on the plane, then I would want to see them land safely too. And besides if we want to we can just do it later. I mean after this horrible trip with the plane, we can do whatever we want. And really as long as I am with you, I don't care in what form I am." Theon released his hug a bit and kissed her cheek, he was also smiling hoping to make it clear that Seras didn't have to feel guilty.

"Just wondering if I'll ever get to London alive. How are you holding up with that arm?"

John couldn't blame her, "Thinking the same. My arm hurts a lot, can you..."

"He isn't the only one interested in the archives. We are both looking for them and if he tries to destroy the Earth or something horrible, he has me to contend with. I need his full cooperation and as his ally, I have it. At this moment you are just making things worse, we need to work together. I have power, you have resources and he has information. I think the others might be interested in helping as well."

That made John start to think. She had been a thorn in the side of the PIA for as long as there been a PIA, was a minor player in the Great Unmasquing, and a lot of resource had been poured into stopping her or finding her phylactery. John would have to bend a little, BUT he would not give them everything you want.

"Sit still, I can fix those wounds up."

It was odd Zaheer was throwing away his one bargaining chip he had in this situation. "Maybe he wanted to put me in a better mood so I will bend more?" John thought as he watched the arm get healed.

""Hello John. To quickly answer your question, yes, I can still bargain with you - that's how negotiating works."[/b]

John looked that the Lich had already escaped. "Just better and better," John said.

"I will let you have supervised access to her records, just to make sure you don't burn it down or steal any important texts," John said looking at his now healed arm, "You will not, however, get passes to do what ever you wish, nor will we risk releasing Publius so you can have a chit cha-AAAAWWWWWW."

John screamed in pain as he flexed his arm. While Zaheer had cured all the wounds and removed all the plastic on top of the skin, other plastic under the skin had just been healed over, so any movement sliced apart John's arm from the inside.

John slowly turned Pegs, after the "calming charm" incident he did not trust the ascended to not cause more problems with his "healing."

"As I was saying, is there anything that you can do about my arm?" John said weakly as he slowly held out his twitching arm, doing everything he could to prevent himself from screaming.

With the situation calming down, such as it was Lucia started to just ache, her claws naturally, the plane was heavy after all, but pretty soon she started hurting in other places as well mostly enough other places she dropped down to the side of the plane, and once again flashed her vents to get the attention of some one who could teleport her inside, once she had some ones attention she simply flashed the message;

'I need back in.'

She needed to check her self out, and she wasn't going to do that while flying

"...nor will we risk releasing Publius so you can have a chit cha-AAAAWWWWWW."

Wow. well, Lucius had expected rather more resistance to that, having slipped his bonds. He was most glad to not have to waste more energy on outsmarting this mortal. Good, now he could negotiate properly.

"Supervised access is perfectly fine by me, so long as i'm allowed to make some notes on things", Lucius started - he figured he'd never be allowed to see this other Lich, but it was worth pushing a little more, "and when I said about not hunting or opposing me, I did mean with relation to this particular incident. If I do anything significant enough to show up on your radar later in life, feel free to try and get me. With regards to Publius, I wasn't asking that you free him, I just want to talk. I may be able to get access to his archives as well - and I would share them with your agency quite happily."

Lucius' brain whirred away as he considered a couple of moves down the line in this conversation. He figured that this was quite likely to work out in his favour, given a couple of hundred years - a relatively inconsequential wait, really.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked