The Darkest Corners: A Modern Fantasy RP (Interest Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 26 NEXT

The last thing Terra heard before the plane "landed creatively" and came to a halt, was a mental projection from Richard asking her if she was okay. She was about to answer and thank him, when the link went dead, leaving Terra with a great deal of worry.

"Thank you for flying Delta airlines. We hope you enjoy your stay in London, or where ever your final destination is, and fly with us again.", the automatic recording said in a voice that was far too happy given the circumstances. It hadn't even finished before Terra was out of her seat and to the nearest exit; she needed to find Richard. She took a second to ensure Theon, Seras, and the others in their group were okay, then pushed open the jammed door with a mighty shove. She was sure it would hurt tomorrow, but that would be for tomorrow.

As soon as she was out, she was in the air and following the trail of destruction back to Richard. At first he seemed gone; as though vanished from the world, which left Terra worried. "RICHARD!" she called out, both in mind and with voice, but to no response. It was only by chance she noticed the caved in roof of the warehouse, made noticeable in the dimly reflecting lights of the emergency vehicles rushing to the scene of the disaster. With a swift action, she was through the hole in the roof and to the unconscious Richard.

She checked his pulse - about the only medical technique she knew that would tell her anything, while whispering "You're not allowed to scare me like this Richard." below her breath.

His pulse was steady, but low. He was stable and alive, however it seemed that flying the plane and landing it took up all of his energy for a short while, and he was too exhausted to do anything but rest.

"Thank you for flying Delta airlines. We hope you enjoy your stay in London, or where ever your final destination is, and fly with us again."

Lucia rolled her eyes as she picked her self up off the floor and looked around "Well, we lived, good start." She said as she went to collect her things only to notice all the vehicles out sides "For fucks sake, what now ..."

"Considering your two little "incidents" during the flight, one might presume he already did."

John just glared at Roland, put him on the tray table, before getting up and walking to the front of the plane, grabbing the intercom.

"Due to all the events that have conspired today, your all going to have the remain in your seats so the police can get your statements of everything you have seen before your going to be allowed to leave. Now if you co-opperate with us, this will be as quick and pai-"

"RICHARD!"

"Oh for @#$& sake."

John watch Terra rip open the same door, again, and leave out of a moving airplane, AGAIN. "Excuse me, please remain seated, or else."

Again, John ran out the door, and slid down the blown up slide. He slid down, rolled as the plane was pulled back to the terminal. Several of the many armed personal pulled out their weapons on John.

"Freeze! Get your hands on th-," the "MI6" agent started with a slightly forced British accent, "Wait, John, why did you exit-"

"Robert," John said to James, stopping him from revealing anything further to the actual MI6 agents after James dropped his accent, "I need to get that girl that ran from the plane a few second ago. Where is she?"

James signalled to his fellows to lower there weapons, and pointed to a small shack at the end of the runway. John, James, and several other agents "borrowed" a baggage car. John drove to the shack, seeing several other MI6 agents surrounding the half destroyed building, to scared to enter.

"I will take care of this," John said, pulling out his revolver and walking to the still standing door. He kicked it in, walked in, checked the corners, put the gun away, and walked to the crater Richard was in, with Terra sitting over him.

John saw Richards chest was moving, although he looked all kinds of messed up. John got on his knees next to Terra. John put a hand on her shoulder.

"He will be fine," John said, "If you do just as I say."

John looked at the shack around him. Even with the hole in the roof, the building looked stable, and there wasn't anything above them that could crush Richard if the building collapse.

John turned to one of the agents looking through the door, "Get an ambulance, we have a fallen mage here!"

John turned back to Richard, "Hello? Richard! Can you hear me?"

No reaction, Richard seemed to be resting, and most importantly breathing, at very least. Still, John tilted Richard's chin, and listened for breathing.

John gently checked Richard for injuries, feeling up and down Richard's body, thankfully found only a few on the surface, although John did not want to move Richard a lot in case of a broken neck. John did find several places that Richard was bleeding badly from, and his elbow appeared to of popped out of it's socket. John pushed up Richard's shirt and cut off part of his jeans.

"Terran," John said, pretty sure he didn't remember that name right, but no time to worry about that, "Put your hands here", pointing to one of the two largest gashes , "and put as much pressure as you can to stop the bleeding. Do NOT move his head or limbs."

John did the same for the other gash, waiting for the medical team to arrive.

After healing John, Zaheer had lost most interest he had in this whole plane debacle and sat back down in his seat and began reading a book. Chapter one, the grand opening. Zaheer quietly read in his head as removed all contact with the outer world. Fromanzio would be back soon, but that hardly mattered. He leaned his seat back and stretched his arms out. For the first time in a while he could relax.

"Thank you for flying Delta airlines. We hope you enjoy your stay in London, or where ever your final destination is, and fly with us again."

"Awww, just was getting to the good part too!" Zaheer sighed as he got up and calmly exited the airplane. Fromanzio jumped out of a portal next to him too. "Great, guess relaxing is out."

Roland looked outside from one of the windows and noticed the numerous police and military vehicles that had surrounded the plane.

This was bad. This was very bad. John might allow him to go on his way once they were done with the questioning and all that but he doubted that the British police would be as forgiving. He had flown here illegally without a passport or anything and the last thing the woodpecker wanted was to be put on a flight back to the US.

Roland quietly flew out of the plane, hoping that no one would notice a little bird or care if they did, and perched on top of the plane's wing.

Terra, in her more then a little distracted state, failed to notice John's arrival. His had on her shoulder came as an utter shock, and as such pulled away at the contact "He will be fine," John said, "If you do just as I say."

Terra wasn't sure she trusted John just yet; he'd lied about being no one on the plane, but when things went bad he said he was an FBI agent. who knew what was true. Still; Richard wasn't in great shape and she needed help. "Terran," John said, messing up her name, "Put your hands here and put as much pressure as you can to stop the bleeding. Do NOT move his head or limbs." The advice was sound so Terra complied. What worried her more was his mind had gone silent; he wasn't just asleep from exhaustion, he was knocked-out.

"Any idea when that ambulance will arrive?" she asked, trying to get some kind of good news; she didn't like not being able to do something.

Behind them, a man in a Roman cloak and leathers watched on amused, Terra would recognize him as the leading Ascended that had been named simply, The Roman.

"My my my, leave him alone for a minute, and he's already met another new member of our family, and on top of that helped to save an airplane. Ambitious for the first year, when he wakes up, tell him to write a report about what happened, he'll know what to do from there." The roman started walking across the room to a twisting tunnel in the air, if the others wanted to ask the older being anything, now would be the time.

"Any idea when that ambulance will arrive?"

John wasn't sure, but then heard the sound of sirens in the distance. He wasn't sure if the British used the same ambulance sirens as in the US, but it sounded the same.

"I think they will be here in but a mo-"

"My my my, leave him alone for a minute, and he's already met another new member of our family, and on top of that helped to save an airplane. Ambitious for the first year, when he wakes up, tell him to write a report about what happened, he'll know what to do from there."

John looked up from Terra at the new arrival, mentally sighing.

"You are trespassing on a British Airport," John said loudly, trying to get the attention of the soldiers outside, "Who are you and WHAT are you doing?"

John did not dare remove his hands from Richard's bleeding. John hoped he was so magically drained he just appeared to be a mere human to anyone trying to detect magic. Still, Joh put his mind back into fortress mode if this guest tried to read his mind, and was glad to see the MI6 agents walk through the door and pointed their L85A1's at the "guest." John just hoped the agents reaction times were faster.

The Roman turned and looked, raising a VERY amused brow as the agent's guns seemed to grind themselves to sand in their hands "You weren't briefed. Ha. Amusing. I'm The Roman. Consider me the handler of Ascended, when they get out of line, I use them to repaint it. I was merely checking on Fortnight, as I also protect our less powerful kind."

"You weren't briefed. Ha. Amusing. I'm The Roman. Consider me the handler of Ascended, when they get out of line, I use them to repaint it. I was merely checking on Fortnight, as I also protect our less powerful kind."

"$@%&," John thought as the guns were reduced to dust. "The Roman" rung some bell, but John didn't remember that name. James looked a bit confused as well, no help there. Still, John was to tired of letting more powerful beings walk all over him to be as terrified he should be. John stood up, stepped over Richard. It wasn't the smartest of ideas, but the paramedics had arrived, and John just needed to do this.

"Listen," John getting right in the Roman's face, giving the same imitating voice he gave the Lich, "just because you have magic above that of ascended mages, does not give you the right to ignore the laws of us 'sapiens.' I am currently trying to save Richard's life, since he saved our lives. If you mean to punish him, your going have to go through me. If you really want to protect the "lesser" of your kind, get out of the way."

John pointed to the paramedics looking through the door, holding the stretcher but not willing to risk their own lives going past the "arch"-ascended mage.

The Roman laughed "You should ascend. As I said, I'm merely checking on Fortnight, if I intended to punish him, I'd have glassed him right after he was off that plane. Maybe before, if I was angry. Fortnight did good, we have no bad intent towards your patient. Please, continue with your intentions. But I don't suggest trying to separate the girl, he'd react badly." The Roman, for his credit, waved his hand to a corner where the guns reformed. Don't you have blood to stop? It's my responsibility to make sure that he's truly alive, I did it, now I won't interfere." The Roman reached into his cloak and put very strange coin into the agent's vest pocket "Show that to your superiors, they'll... 'understand' complications you ran into."

The Roman looked to Terra "I might as well not start walking again if you're just going to stop me with some questions, these... 'paradedics' you have are treating Fortnight. Do you have any questions for me?"

Lucia finished gathering her carry-on, and was getting ready to leave when she turned to see someone she could have done without, and Fromanzio was back to it seemed. "What on Jade do you want?" she said to a man in a black suit. He was tall had short dark hair with rust colored streaks in the sides that he kept slicked back, his black suit bore Jades royal crest, as well as the 'I' for the Inquisition under it on the jacket pocket.

"Now now Lucia, your speaking to an Inquisitor, do show some respect, as to 'what I want', that's simple. My office received a report of a dragon's involvement in this planes 'incident'" Lucia sighed, then banged her head on the wall three times "Never. Flying. Again. Fine, lets get this over with, so i can get to salvaging this trip." The Inquisitor smirked and lead her out of the plane and to a black van where he sat her down, and began questioning her on her involvement in the indecent with the plane.

When she said the 'FBI' agent on the plane recruited her assistance, after things left the plane he motioned another Inquisitor over to find and question this man, and a short time later a tall, muscular man, with slicked back short blonde hair, violet eyes and a trimmed beard in a similar suit with the same crest on his jacket entered the hanger where John was "I'm looking for Agent John, which one of you is him" he said in an authoritative tone befitting his size

Fromanzio

Fromanzio turned around and saw Lucia. She obviously wasn't pleased to see him, which he found hillarious. "It's not what I want, it's what master Zaheer wants! Fromanzio is just along for the ride. What on planescape do you want?"

Zaheer

Zaheer saw him, the Roman. Interesting fellow, not too concerning however because Zaheer couldn't give less of a damn about the creature's arbitrary rules. The hoodie bound ascended walked up non-chalantly to his new lich pal and said "Let's get on to finding this girl. Roman has nothing to offer us, I move we ignore him, any ideas where your friend is hiding?"

After the rather improvised surgery, Pegs had simply nodded off. To wake up to British forces with sights trained on the rest of the passengers was yet another surprise. She immediately put her hands up, her shoulder bag hanging from one arm. They would want answers. There was a dead vampire and as a fey, she was a prime suspect. Pegs sheepishly grinned and turned to the person that seemed to be fond of togas and sandals. Seeing as he had given John a little something to excuse the events on the plane, well, Pegs needed something like that to get through without being thrown in jail for questioning. She asked, "Umm... Is there anything you can do to get us out of this mess?"

It was clear that The Roman knew just by looking at John he was a wizard and part of the PIA. John had no idea how, but this situation was already bad enough.

John took the coin, a Roman coin with a latin phrase about superiority of magic on it, before pocketing it. John stepped aside to let the paramedics take over the situation. He also saw James grab his ear, and motioned to John to walk out of the shack.

"Make sure she is allowed on the ambulance and stay with them," John said as he and James walked out of the shack, "Now what is it?"

James looked nervous and suddenly had found his shoes the most interesting thing on the planet.

"What is-"

"Someone calling themselves the Inquisitors barged their way onto the plane, demanding to see you," James said quickly.

"The Inquisitors?" John said, "Who allowed them to enter, or even get close to the plane?"

"I... I don't know sir," James sputtered.

John grabbed the bridge of his nose.

"Stay with the mage and the girl, I will take care of this" John said before getting back on the baggage car and driving back to the plane. He saw Roland sitting on the wing, and threw a quick hand, hoping "stay where you are" was loud and clear. John walked past the military guards, up the staircase back into the plane, waving several of the soldiers to follow him.

John looked at two guys talking to Lucia.

"Hey!" John said at the arrivals, "Who are you and WHAT ARE DOING HERE? This is a murder scene, plus several other crimes, and you don't have clearance."

The Dark haired man continued speaking to Lucia, while the Blond man turned to face John with a critical eye. "Actually, human my clearance exceeds yours." He said in a stern tone "We are part of her majesty, Queen T'mat's Inquisition. We are tasked with investigating all major incidents such as this one, where a citizen of Jade is involved. An equivalent human group is the American FBI." He began "We also keep tabs on who leaves Jade in case there is an incident involving them."

"Now then, Why did you specifically seek Lady Draken's aid? According to her statement there are several other equally suitable beings that would have been equally suitable, if not more so, for going after the now deceased murderer"

"Let's get on to finding this girl. Roman has nothing to offer us, I move we ignore him, any ideas where your friend is hiding?"

Roman? Lucius thought well back to his early days - he was pretty damn sure there had been no Ascended in the glorious empire - Lichdom had been the preferred route, once over. Strange. Oh well, no sense wasting time with that, anyways, so he turned back to Zaheer, and smiled - almost naturally.
"I would have to say she'll be somewhere around Cardiff. I feel we ought to stop off at the archives you mentioned first though - And we need to pick up the bird and the frumentarius - and see who else wants to come", Lucius glanced around. the Vaults of his archives were full enough with gold and treasures, he could pay anyone who wasn't swayed by the power - Lucius was well aware that having extra hand - and extra powers - would be an advantage when fighting Arzhela - he didn't doubt that she'd do the same. At this point, a baggage car pulled up at the plane, and the agent from the flight started shouting at the dragon girl.

"Hey, Birdman, you coming to these archives?", Lucius said towards the agent, assuming that Roland would still be in his company, before looking back to the rest of the group from the plane, "I require assistance with a small problem. I can bestow power on those who seek it, otherwise I can grant material wealth - who's interested?"

"More dragons?" John thought

John had no idea who this Queen T'mat is, nor how the Inquisition could possibly have higher clearance, but due to the fact they referred to Lucia as "Lady Draken" they were dragons or very closely related to Dragons. While taking on a group of dragons with small arms normally is suicidal, but they are weak in their human forms or the few seconds they transformed. Still, he did not want to start a firefight in the middle of a crowded plane with Lucia still in the line of fire, so he would humor them.

"Of those "equally suitable" beings, one was tranced, one was not an expert on teleportation, and did help out," John started, hand close to his revolver, "The final "suitable being" was part of the problem. Now, what why were you asking for me?"

The Inquisitor did see Johns hand slide toward his side arm, and shook his head "It is that mistrust that keeps that wedge driven firmly between our races, there is no need for your weapon here." He said before getting back on point as he pulled out a PDA "As I'm sure you've figured out, Lady Draken is a Platinum Dragon, the Elite of dragon kind, and though she is young, and under educated, she is still quite powerful by human standards, thus it is still matter of concern when a human singles one out to 'help them'. To many times in century's past this would bite us in the ass, I'm simply doing the same as you Agent, protecting my people."

The dark haired man walked up "Dante, I've gotten about everything relevant I'm going to get from her. I'm going to get a report ready to send in." then turned to John "You need to loosen up, the dragons of Jade are nothing like the heretics you've encountered in the past." he said as he left.

John stepped aside as the Inquisitor left the plane. While they did sound like a Dragon version of the PIA, John still did not trust them in the slightest. How did they know about this incident? How did they know John's name before they even entered the plane, or knew he was a PIA agent? The fact it was a paranormal organization that was both able and willing to use modern technology scared John the most, the one humans had is that many of the groups they dealt with where either ignorant of or hostile to human advancement. Why is this Inquisition, who is made up of such ancient beings as dragons, who view centuries in the same way humans view years, being so quick to adapt?

John turned to Lucia, but he was interupted by a MI6 agent on the intercom.

"Attention all passengers. We are going to need everyone in rows 12-14 to come with an officer to one of the set up vans outside the plane and give a brief explanation of everything related to the murder you saw or heard. You bags and belongings will be given back to you as soon as your done, and you can go on your merry way. All passengers will have to go through a quick test to make sure none of you are another doppelganger before allowed to go to luggage department and pick up your luggage."

"Sorry about all this," John said to Lucia.

"I require assistance with a small problem. I can bestow power on those who seek it, otherwise I can grant material wealth - who's interested?"

While it annoyed John that the Lich was just trying to recruit an army, if She could make a magical self destruct as power as She did via proxy, John knew he needed as much help as he could get. That gave John an idea.

John turned around and walked out of the plane. He went to the leader in the pack of vans, knocked on the door five times times, tapped it twice, and walked into as the door opened.

"Agent John," top agent Clarkson started, "What the @#%^ has been going on today? You were given a simple trailing mission, but then Crim was murdered, the plane almost fell down..."

"I have a way to take out the Her without risking a single PIA agent's life barring my own," John interupted flatly.

"I told you before, we cannot nuke London," Clarkson began.

"There are a ton of paranorms on the plane," John stated, "Including, but not limited to, werewolfs, fairies, ascended mages, a Lich, and a Dragon, many with a vested interest in taking Her down."

"Of all the hair brain schemes," Clarkson said, "this is the !#%&ING DUMBEST YOU EVER CAME UP WITH! Relying on UNTRAINED PARANORMS to take on-"

"Did I mention the Lich is currently recruiting others to take Her out, unguided, uncaring of human lives lost or how much of the city they destroy,ready to raid Her ancient archeives for even greater power?"

Clarkson looked at John with a mixture of frustration, anger, and defeat, "Huh... what do you need me to do?"

"Thankfully, they are sitting in the rows your going to be questioning," John said, "Just offer them... something, to get them on board with this. Supervised access to the archeives, some spell work preformed on them, just get as many as you can willing to fight."

John walked out the van before Clarkson could protest, pulled out his phoned and texted to a secure PIA number, "Ascended Mage, 'The Roman.' Dragon organization, 'The Inquistion.' Need info."

Roland saw John drive by in a baggage car and signal him to...what? Stay put? Or was it stay hidden?

The woodpecker decided it was the latter. He could moved to the middle of the wing and no one from below would be able to see him but he wouldn't be able the see what was going on either. So instead he flew to the roof of the building closest to the plane, going past the vans in a wide arc instead of flying straight over them.

From his new vantage point he could see the lich step out of the plane for a moment and say something but Roland was too far away to hear.

"Attention all passengers. We are going to need everyone in rows 12-14 to come with an officer to one of the set up vans outside the plane and give a brief explanation of everything related to the murder you saw or heard. You bags and belongings will be given back to you as soon as your done, and you can go on your merry way. All passengers will have to go through a quick test to make sure none of you are another doppelganger before allowed to go to luggage department and pick up your luggage."

"Oh, for fucks sake", Lucius muttered to himself. This he really didn't need. Ah well, it probably wasn't worth the decades of hiding that would come of his disappearing. Would it? He decided not, and walked to the nearest visible officer.

"Lucius Cassius Imperiosus, son of Servius, Praetor of the Holy Roman Senate, Centurion of the armies of Rome. Lich, if you couldn't tell - could you?", Lucius looked boredly at the agent, stifling what would have been a sigh, if he was breathing.

Fromanzio

Fromanzio looked around and saw an agent make a come hither gesture. He was debating if he should or should not go before a nudge from Zaheer confirmed that he should just talk to the man. Fromanzio waltzed over in a confident but uncaring manner, occasionally floating above the ground and seeming very merry. Face to face with the agent, Fromanzio asked calmly "What is it you want with poor old Fromanzio? He is very traumatized after all the violence!" The clown laughed and floated up a tiny bit.

Zaheer

Zaheer allowed Fromanzio to leave first. He saw who his summon was being sent to and made a quick note for the guy.

Do not screw with him. He is under orders not to murder people but can and will defend himself.

Zaheer would normally not feel the need to bring this up, but if the other agents were at all similar to John, such a warning would be necessary. Zaheer slowly walked over to his own agent and said plainly. "My name is Zaheer. What do you want to know?"

The MI6 agent looked at Zaheer, nervous at the Jester demon, "Oh, yes, come with me."

Zaheer was brought to the lead van, where Clarkson was rubbing his head.

"Oh, just write what you saw," Clarkson said, handing Zaheer a clip board and pen.

"Now, you know that it was a Lich who-," Clarkson, before grabbing his ear, "-The ascended mage already is on board?... JOHN WHAT? I am going to-"

Clarkson looked back at Zaheer, "Thank you, that is all we need... just grab this and we will be done."

Clarkson grabbed back the clip board before Zaheer even wrote anything down, and dropped a forced transformation tailisman into Zaheer's hand, before grabbing it when it didn't do anything.

Lucia had begrudgingly gotten in line behind Zaheer and started jotting down the plane trip, in Draconic, since all she knew of English writing was her name far as writing goes.

After that she waited for her turn with the 'magic stick'

Clarkson took back the clipboard back from Lucia, angry she didn't write in English, but that now wasn't the main reason he her in this van.

"As your surely aware," Clarkson started, "The Lich who took over the body of the dropploganger is both powerful and dangerous. Attempts to take i- her out with our normals means has... failed miserably. We decided to... outsource a bit, for some help. My... our... MI6 would be willing to help your umm... training, or reopening diplomatic relations with your people. If you want anything else, you just need to ask, I am willing to negotiate."

Clarkson rubbed the bridge of his nose, he hated dealing with people and that was just awkward.

Lucia quirked an eyebrow at Clarkson's back pedaling. "What makes you think I care about gaining 'more power'? I have enough control over my magics that I'm not going to blow something up unless I want a hole where what ever pissed me off was" she said as she crossed her arms and leaned back "As for diplomatic relations, Queen T'mat has already dispatch ambassadors to several country. This is why The Inquisition is on Earth, keeping dragons like me in line and dealing with the 'heretical' dragons that cause trouble now and then"

Lucia sighed "Look, I don't get off Jade much, so I'm effectively on vacation, and its not like I'm not willing to help" motioning to the dents and claw marks in the jetliners hull "But there's nothing your offering that, 1)I want, or 2)Isn't already in the works as we speak. Hell, we're doing you all a bigger favor by coming back and reigning in the potently violent dragons that stayed behind, for what ever brain dead reason they stayed was"

"#@%it," Clarkson thought, as his mind raced, trying to find SOMETHING that would be more convincing, "Wait did she say vacation?

"Your on vacation?" Clarkson asked, "Well, we could make things a lot easy for you traveling. I don't imagine it is easy for you to get an approved passport for many countries, nor have much of a budget to go on. Your budget must also must be very limited if your flying with those guys. We can make your passport problems disappear, you will be able to fly to any nation on the world without a hitch, on great airlines in first class, staying in nice hotels and being able to visit the most historic of locations. Or, you can continue to catch rides on third rate airlines with cement seats, and try to sneak into countries to nervous to allow a dragon through their borders, your choice."

Lucia shrugged "I picked Delta cause it was the first to catch my eye, and the only reason I decided to fly on a jetliner over flying my self, is they didn't exist last time I was on Earth, and it seemed like a good idea."she said, annoyed about what happened on the flight "This kinda stuff isn't normal right? I just picked the wrong flight?"

"But yes, Jade, pretty as it is, gets boring, and above all annoying. Every one on me about how I'm not 'acting like a proper Platinum" She grumbled while she thought about his offer. Money wasn't a problem for her, might not be a high priority for what she collects but she was extremely well off, not that he needed to know that. It was the other bit that had her more interest, having to stop and explain what a Platinum Dragon was ever time she went to cross a border was tiresome at best, but there was the other end of this as well, her helping would improve human/dragon relations a bit between Earth and Jade.

"I have one question for you before I give my answer; why are you so keen on enlisting my aid specifically?"

Clarkson inwardly smiled, he knew he got her.

"If that happens every time we fly, do you think humanity would ever get near a plane? No, you and everybody else on that piece of scrap just got extremely unlucky. Now, as for your question. We are dealing with a Lich that has enough power to self destruct via a proxy powerful enough to almost take out a passenger over a quarter of a mile away. We need all the help we can get. A giant badass dragon seamed like a good start. We also want people who are wiling to listen and help, unlike some of the other people on that plane who want to hunt the She Lich. The only thing worse than a mad undead mage running rampant in a city is a mad undead mage having a giant fight in the middle of a city."

On John's PDA, a text came back labled "Roman-File"

-"The Roman" is a prominent Ascended Wizard, one of the three in the highest class of their society.

Sightings go back to before the Roman Empire, however, they were the only ones to ascertain any details about the being before their fall, so within the Wizarding Cabals, subject was named after the first empire to have a name for him at all, even if it was lost.

RELATIONS: The Roman has in the past [REDACTED] helped the PIA, such as with -------------------[REDACTED]--------------

ROLE/OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: The Roman occupies a position in the Ascended society something like a Commander And Chief of their forces, or representative of them into the mortal world when necessary. Outside of these duties, subject is known to visit the mortal world frequently, seemingly under his own volition. He has spontaneously helped agents with missions when contacted, however he has also refused before. Any contact or sighting of him should be reported to your nearest in rank maximum clearance superior-or the Board of Directors should the opportunity present itself. Evidence of your report, shall be a specialty coin he gives as a card of sorts. Losing this coin is not an issue, it has displayed the ability to reappear in the pocket of the one it was intended for, even over great distance or obstruction.

ABILITY: Unknown, suspected to be the most skilled and knowledgeable Ascended in battle or strategy, has shown genius level intellect, and evaded special agents and an entire nation's infrastructure without using his powers before.

GENERAL APPEARANCE GUIDELINES: He generally wears a roman cloak, however his other clothing seems variant on his mood.

----------------------------------------[REDACTED]-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucia nodded her expression shifting to a more 'business' look "Then, as a Platinum of Jade and for the sake of improved relations between our races I accept your plea for aid in catching or killing this Litch woman"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John's phone lit up again with a text message, this one labeled 'Iquisition/T'mat'

The dragon law agency know as 'The Inquisition' functions as Jade's FBI and CIA agency's and have come to Earth as part of a diplomatic mission bring the dragons whom remained on earth back into the fold, or silence them if they continue to pose a threat, as well as keep watch over the dragons from Jade to make sure they do not cause any trouble that would reflect poorly on Jade it self.

Relations; The Inquisition has helped clear several dragon related incidents quickly and quietly with little to no injury it all party's involved. If an agent(s) is encountered, they are to be considered 'friendly' and you are encourage to co-operate.

Forces/Ability's; Combat wise they rely mainly on the Dragon Magics that dragon kind are know for, and each Agent has displayed an 'Arch-Mage' level of skill in it's use and only use their dragon forms when absolutely necessary. The do not discriminate against broods, we have confirmed Iron, Copper, Gold, Platinum and a new brood exclusive to Jade, Bronze, among the ranks. Silver Dragons are by and large regarded as a 'traitor brood'. They have also embraced non magic means of surveillance and communication as per order of 'Queen T'mat' who is believed to be the head of The Inquisition.

Punishment Methods; Dragons found guilty of crime's against the beings of Earth face Death at the maximum, confinement for lesser crimes, and a much rarer punishment of stripping a subject of their prized dragon form and magics, leaving them in a state similar to humans with no magic aptitude. Death seems to be reserved for the most unrepentant of the crimes committed (*link here to the file on the Sliver slain a year ago*), while the striping of power and form is reserved for more 'making a statement'.

Appearance; They dress in black suits similar to most agency's with the Royal Crest of Jade and the 'I' of the Inquisition embroidered on the the breast pocket.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T'mat

Information is limited due to Jade's borders largely being closed to non political personnel. What is know is that T'mat is a female Platinum Dragon, age is unknown however she is regarded as 'the oldest and strongest of the Platinums'. It's was her idea to have Jade created to avoid what she belied would be a war that would cripple or utterly destroy dragon kind on the whole, and if they dwindling Silver population is any indication she was correct in this assumption. She also appears to be forward thinking, if The Inquisition's embracing of technology is any indication.

If encountered treat with politeness and respect.

Clarkson smiled, "Thank you ma'am, we will contact you and give you any further instructions, the only thing left is that we need you to take this amulet..."

Clarkson dropped a Ruin of Forced Transformation, realizing to late he just handed it to a dragon in a tiny van. Clarkson threw open the door and dived out of the car.

Lucia did change back to her Dragon self, obliterating the van in the process with a side panel bouncing off and over the already damaged aircraft, much to the dismay of the people still inside, while the other side panel flew harmlessly down the runway before skidding to a halt. she pulled the vans roof off her back, set it down and gave agent Clarkson a sigh of disapproval, before reverting to her human form.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked