The Darkest Corners: A Modern Fantasy RP (Interest Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 26 NEXT

"Great," John thought, putting his phone away, "Dealing with multiple departments, why don't we standardize the @#%&ing infromation format?"

John looked up to see Clarkson dive out of the van before it exploded as Lucia transformed. John watched some of the other military personal either dive for cover, or ready their weapons. Clarkson had the look his superiors told John he had whenever the technomage knew he screwed up, and John started laughing.

A MI6 agent who was visibly @#$^ing his pants slowly walked up to Lucia, holding out her bags with shaking legs.

"Thank you for flying Delta airlines. We hope you enjoy your stay in London, or where ever your final destination is, and fly with us again." An automatic announcement said in a female sounding voice with a characteristically optimistic tone, blissfully unaware of what had transpired over the last few hours. Seras had effectively stopped caring at this point, with the start hers and Theon's around the world trip turning into a complete disaster, she felt like screaming at everyone that was still in the plane; but even then that wouldn't help, it would no doubt make things worse.

"Attention all passengers. We are going to need everyone in rows 12-14 to come with an officer to one of the set up vans outside the plane and give a brief explanation of everything related to the murder you saw or heard. You bags and belongings will be given back to you as soon as your done, and you can go on your merry way. All passengers will have to go through a quick test to make sure none of you are another doppelgänger before allowed to go to luggage department and pick up your luggage." Another voice, this time sounding more masculine then spoke over the intercom, which caused Seras to breather a sigh of annoyance.

"Great, a police questioning, how can things possibly get any..." Seras began to say to herself, before being interrupted by what sounded like a loud bang. Looking out of the port side window, Seras could see that the dragon woman had suddenly changed into her other self, destroying the van in an instant, sending pieces of it in all directions, and seeing a man down on the floor.

After it had happened, Seras stood up out of her seat, making her way for the door. Dominic, Nicole and Katie all saw where she was going and decided now would be the best time to get this whole mess sorted out. Before she reached the exit, Seras stopped by Theon, who hands were still transformed.

"Come on, let us be leaving this plane Theon, and answer whatever questions these people wish to ask. After that, we'll just leave this place and actually start our holiday; I'll forget this happened for the most part, pretend it was like a bad dream. But first however, you should probably change your hands back to actual hands, don't want to spook these people any more than they already are." Seras said in a more mature tone, bearing a smile that hopefully would make things feel better.

Theon just stood there as John jumped of the table and left. His vision began to blur and his mind was filled with pain. Whatever was inside the damaged cage tried to break open. Theon opened his eyes several minutes later, he had finally manged to suppress whatever was inside the cage. "Thank you for flying Delta airlines. We hope you enjoy your stay in London, or where ever your final destination is, and fly with us again." Theon simple stared at the walls of the plane, unsure of what to do. He had seen his first trip with Seras, turn into one of the worst experiences of his live. He really wanted to punch whoever was responsible. But most of all he just wanted to grab Seras, and get out of the plane.

"Attention all passengers.....All passengers will have to go through a quick test to make sure none of you are another doppelgänger before allowed to go to luggage department and pick up your luggage." A male voice said over the intercom. "RRRRRAAAAAGGGGHHHHH" Theon had to use all of his self restraint, not to turn into a werewolf and start attacking people. Why couldn't they just be left alone?! Suddenly there was was a loud bang outside of the plane. Theon ignored it as he was still trying to restrain himself.

Theon didn't even notice that his hands were still transformed. "Come on, let us be leaving this plane Theon....don't want to spook these people any more than they already are." He turned around to see Seras. Her voice calmed him down, his hands changed back and he simple sighed. Theon grabbed Seras hand and he smiled at her "That sounds like a good plan Seras. And I am very happy to see that you, and your family are all unharmed." Theon said with a smile looking at her, and her family members. He then started walking towards the door, hoping to finally leave this day behind him.

"That sounds like a good plan Seras. And I am very happy to see that you, and your family are all unharmed." Theon said with a smile as he grabbed Seras's hand for a brief moment, before making his way towards the door.

"And we are glad that you managed to get to the end of this plane journey relatively unharmed as well Theon." Nicole said as she held Katie's hand. She then looked at Dominic with an expression that read 'Go on, say something then.' After taking a moment to realise this, Dominic soon spoke.

"Indeed, from what I've seen on this part of your journey, you've shown to be a caring person. I can see that my dear Seras will be in good hands with you. May the rest of your trip be more fortuitous towards you two, than the beginning has been. In any case, we'd best proceed to whoever is asking these questions, and get this business sorted. No doubt you don't want to linger here any longer than is necessary, given all that has occurred." Dominic remarked, agreeing with the general feeling of what had happened. The group soon departed from the plane and into the light breeze of the morning. They saw what remained of the van that was destroyed in Lucia's transformation, suffice to say that it was in worse state than the plane, if something like that was possible given the circumstances.

"Hello, someone on the intercom told us that we had to report to people situated at the vans, and provide explanations to officers of what had transpired on board. I presume that wasn't the only one you brought along with you." Seras said, pointing out the wreck that was nearby.

"Hello, someone on the intercom told us that we had to report to people situated at the vans, and provide explanations to officers of what had transpired on board. I presume that wasn't the only one you brought along with you."

Clarkson looked from the wreck, wondering if his superiors had enough pull in the afterlife to make sure Clarkson punishment didn't end after his superiors kill him, and looked at Sera.

"Yes, bring in the other one," Clarkson said, waving to another van to pull forward before getting in, "Young lady, you first."

"Now, please just fill out this forms," Clarkson said, "Also, if you can please note your species. We do not a repeat of... what just happened."

"As you most likely aware," Clarkson said as soon as he handed Sera the clipboard, "The female Lich is both powerful and dangerous. We have decided to seek... unorthodox help to deal with Her. Is there anything we can give you that would get your help?"

Lucia rolled her eyes at the people freaking out and took her bags back, then decided to wait and see what Pegs was up to before taking off to find a hotel and get some rest

"Yes, bring in the other one." Clarkson said, waving in another van forward before getting into it. "Young lady, you first." He then added, indicating Seras who soon climbed in. Soon after the officer began handing a series of forms on a clipboard.

"Now, please just fill out this forms. Also, if you can please note your species. We do not a repeat of... what just happened."

"You mean you do not wish for a repeat of a Platinum Dragon transforming before your very eyes. I bet it was a sight to behold, from what I could see, she looked rather majestic and beautiful." Seras remarked with a smirk whilst filling out the form, remembering to add Dhampir to the species list and adding a side note as to what specifically that was.

"As you most likely aware, the female Lich is both powerful and dangerous. We have decided to seek... unorthodox help to deal with Her. Is there anything we can give you that would get your help?" Clarkson asked as Seras handed the clipboard back to him with a disapproving sigh.

"Why do you think we would want to help?" Seras asked, still sounding like she didn't care.

From his vantage point, Roland could see Lucia transform and tear the van into pieces. Another fight? No, didn't look like it. The dragon transformed back, another van was driven up, and one of the vampires went in.

Damn it, but he couldn't hear a thing and he needed to know what was going on. All right, maybe not needed but the curiosity was killing him. No one had seemed to notice him earlier when he had flown on top of the roof so maybe no one knew to look out for a bird? Hoping that this was the case, Roland slowly made his way back to the plane until he was sitting on top of the van with Clarkson and Seras inside.

"And we are glad that you managed to get to the end of this plane journey relatively unharmed as well Theon." Nicole said holding Katie's hand, Theon stopped and turned around smiling at her family. "Indeed, from what I've seen on this part of your journey, you've shown to be a caring person....No doubt you don't want to linger here any longer than is necessary, given all that has occurred," Dominic said. He nodded and smiled once more and then began walking. Theon noticed a destroyed van, he guessed that was the explosion from earlier.

"Hello, someone on the intercom told us that we had to report to people situated at the vans, and provide explanations to officers of what had transpired on board. I presume that wasn't the only one you brought along with you." Seras said, pointing out the wreck that was nearby. Theon grinned this police officers or FBI or whatever they were called, were about as capable as John it seemed. "Yes, bring in the other one." A man said waving at them. "Young lady, you first." He then added pointing at Seras. Theon looked at the man, he was watching him very carefully. Theon altered his right ear, making it much more powerful. So he could listen to what happened inside the van.

"Now, please just fill out this forms. Also, if you can please note your species. We do not a repeat of... what just happened," The man said. Seras responded with, "You mean you do not wish for a repeat of a Platinum Dragon transforming before your very eyes. I bet it was a sight to behold, from what I could see, she looked rather majestic and beautiful." Theon smiled, amused.

"As you most likely aware, the female Lich is both powerful and dangerous. We have decided to seek... unorthodox help to deal with Her. Is there anything we can give you that would get your help?" The man asked Seras. Theon softly let out a low growl. He just wanted to leave here, and now the oh so capable police wanted to recruit them? They wanted to recruit civilians? What a joke. "Why do you think we would want to help?" Seras asked sounding like she didn't care. Theon smirked he was happy to see that Seras wasn't interested. The bird from earlier flew onto the roof of the van, Theon looked straight at him with cold eyes.

John finally pulled himself together, only to see Lucia rolling her eyes and the transforming boyfriend listening to Clarkson's car. John saw one of guards raise his rifles, he grabbed the MI6 on the shoulder and shook his head. John thinks he saw Theo... Theo... Theon! transform into living metal, and the... werewolf? looked kind of pissed right now.

Clarkson saw Sera write down "Dhampir." He thought he saw a man laying on the sunscreen abnormally thick.

"Well, because this Lich is a menace," Clarkson said, "She is somewhere in this nation, able to make a blast comparable in area to a small nuclear weapon, via proxy possibly in this city. If she is cornered and decides to blow off half the island."

"Why should you personally deal with it?" Clarkson started, "Well, you don't know what we offer. Anything from the nicest hotels and tickets on much better airlines throughout Europe to a constant supply of good blood."

"We can give you and your family access to blood banks," Clarkson said, "A legal and safe way to get human blood."

Roland noticed the werewolf staring at him and waved back after making sure that no one else was looking his way.

He then tried to signal Theon to be quiet which was tricky to do to say the least since he didn't have any fingers or anything. He hoped the message was clear.

Pegs was busy recuperating. The whole affair was to bit too much. Police, FBI, MI6, liches, what next? She knew the questioning and the tests would be far from pleasant, so she grimly waited to be called forward. She spotted Lucia and gave a very tired wave to the dragon in human form. Even if she tore one of the vans apart, she was still a nice person in Pegs's books. She dusted herself off and began to stretch. Pegs looked towards the sky and sighed, it was another gloomy London day. She hovered over to Lucia, and asked her anxiously, "The questioning isn't too bad, is it?"

"The questioning isn't too bad, is it?"

Lucia wave back to pegs as she hovered over to her "Nope, so long as the Agents don't go full retard and forget what they're talking to BEFORE dropping a rune to force a transform in said persons hand" she giggled "That poor van hadn't done anything to deserve that"she said with an air of false grief. "But no, its fill out a clip board, accept or reject these guys plea for help dealing with that female litch that tried killing every one, and then the transformation rune. Which should be an issue if you don't turn into anything else"

"Well, because this Lich is a menace." Clarkson began saying. "She is somewhere in this nation, able to make a blast comparable in area to a small nuclear weapon, via proxy possibly in this city. If she is cornered and decides to blow off half the island."

"Why should you personally deal with it?" He then asked. "Well, you don't know what we offer. Anything from the nicest hotels and tickets on much better airlines throughout Europe to a constant supply of good blood."

"We can give you and your family access to blood banks." Clarkson said. "A legal and safe way to get human blood." This caused Dominic to chuckle ominously, and a smile to appear as he opened the doors of the van.

"You obviously don't know of the Council of Tepes then human. Such a similar deal has already been made for the benefit of the council members and their families, though of course my wife Nicole is an exception due to her being human. Both of my daughters, Seras and Katarina, or rather Katie as she likes to be known are Dhampirs; their need for blood is not as strong as my own, and can go for fairly length periods without it before the strength of their magic abilities begins to wane."

"My father has got a point there officer. A deal was made between the Council and Hospitals/Blood Banks, whereby in return for access to blood supplies, the Council would assist in work to help provide more effective medicines for vampires; due to there being biological variances between both humans and vampires. Both sides knew that the alternative would of been more attacks on humans, so there was a benefit to be had of this partnership as it were." Seras said soon after, then leaned back on the side of the van.

"Perhaps you should also ask my boyfriend with regards to this offer, since we will be travelling further than my family will be." She then added before turning to Theon.

"So then Theon, anything you would like to add to the discussion?"

Dominic was standing next to Theon, he also seemed to be listening in on the conversation. He smiled and then grabbed the door of the van. He opened it and said, "You obviously don't know of the Council of Tepes then human... and can go for fairly length periods without it before the strength of their magic abilities begins to wane." Theon nodded. It made sense that they would get blood form the blood bank, if they didn't it would mean they would need to ask or attack humans for it.

Seras spoke as soon as Dominic was finished. "My father has got a point there officer. A deal was made between the Council and Hospitals/Blood Banks...so there was a benefit to be had of this partnership as it were." Theon looked at the officer, he wondered how he would respond. "Perhaps you should also ask my boyfriend with regards to this offer, since we will be travelling further than my family will be." She added before turning to Theon. "So then Theon, anything you would like to add to the discussion?" Theon seemed to think.

Even if the group of people seemed to be in charge of dealing with the threat was incompetent and had annoyed him greatly, he couldn't just turn his back on millions of people. Theon had no delusions however, he didn't think he could matter much. But he wasn't about to walk away. He knew he could never live with himself if it did go wrong and he hadn't tried to stop it. Theon sighed as he looked up and said, "As much as I like to think about just walking away, we really have no choice. I suggest we help them, Seras. I know neither of us wants too, but can we really just walk away and ignore this threat?"

Theon used the blood connection they had made a while ago to say to Seras "I love you more then anything, Seras, and I know this wasn't the trip that we imagined. But I know that we can't just walk away and ignore what has happened here, I wouldn't be able to forget it. So in order to let our trip succeed it would be best to fix this problem first. Also, you saw how they acted up to now, they aren't what you call very capable are they?" Theon smirked. "Still if you don't want to, Seras, I would of course go with you and leave this place behind us. But if you also agree that it would be best to fix this problem first, we can accept this 'mission' and just try to make the most of it." Theon smiled at Seras, wondering what her reaction would be.

Clarkson almost reflexively demanded the other agents open fire at Dominic's, but he quelled the urge since he still was in the line of fire, and he still could get their help.

"You obviously don't know of the Council of Tepes then human. Such a similar deal has already been made for the benefit of the council members and their families, though of course my wife Nicole is an exception due to her being human. Both of my daughters, Seras and Katarina, or rather Katie as she likes to be known are Dhampirs; their need for blood is not as strong as my own, and can go for fairly length periods without it before the strength of their magic abilities begins to wane."

"Of course," Clarkson forgot, "How many other vampire families are willing to cross breed with humans? I should of known.

"Perhaps you should also ask my boyfriend with regards to this offer, since we will be travelling further than my family will be."

Clarkson turned to Theon. He didn't look like a vampire, or even a dhampir (for one, the sun was out and he wasn't wearing tons of sunscreen, nor was his skin as pale). It just appeared to be another human till Clarkson saw Theon's hands. The still slightly clawed, rather furry hands.

"A werewolf," Clarkson thought, "I can work with this."

Clarkson smiled and said, "Well, Theon, I know I have something I can offer you, control. If you and your girlfriend, we can give you a certain amulet we been working on. It is made from moondust and... other things. When you feel like your losing control put it on; it will make you transform. However, it will not be your normal form, it will be a far weaker form, no claws, duller teeth. You will not be able to hurt anyone while wearing it. When your anger subsides, when your rational part takes over, take it off to become human again."

"As much as I like to think about just walking away, we really have no choice. I suggest we help them, Seras. I know neither of us wants too, but can we really just walk away and ignore this threat?" Theon asked as he looked up at Seras with a sigh. Both of them knew that despite what they wanted to do, Theon had a point; they couldn't just ignore this call of aid, especially when it concerned Seras's home country, that gave her an idea, or at least provided a better sense of the situation. It was at that moment when a message came into her mind, it was from Theon.

"I love you more then anything, Seras, and I know this wasn't the trip that we imagined. But I know that we can't just walk away and ignore what has happened here, I wouldn't be able to forget it. So in order to let our trip succeed it would be best to fix this problem first. Also, you saw how they acted up to now, they aren't what you call very capable are they?" This remark made Seras chuckle, something that Theon was very capable of doing; it made the whole situation feel better. She soon sent a message back.

"Yeah, they certainly have had an air of incompetence about them, even their best may not stand much of a chance against this other Lich. Thank you Theon, you've helped me put this task into a greater perspective, and for that I thank you very much. Perhaps helping these people wouldn't be such a bad idea after all. However, I have a few requests I'd like to put forward first before we lend them our assistance." Seras then listened to what Clarkson offered Theon.

"Well, Theon, I know I have something I can offer you, control. If you and your girlfriend, we can give you a certain amulet we been working on. It is made from moon dust and, other things... You will not be able to hurt anyone while wearing it. When your anger subsides, when your rational part takes over, take it off to become human again."

"Hmmph, sounds like something that might be of great use to you Theon, especially regarding 'you know who'." Seras remarked, referring of course to Sandulf, Theon's werewolf side. She then turned to Clarkson with a determined and fierce look.

"Clarkson, before I lend you my assistance in this matter, there are a few terms and conditions I want to get across first. Number one, I will not be doing this for the benefit of whoever it is you work for, more so for the safety of the people living in this country, call it serving one's homeland. Number two, this is to be the only time; after this, any more incidents that occur, you cannot call upon us to help. Number three, we'll expect some form of monetary compensation, the offer for better hotels and plane tickets sounds like it would serve that purpose perfectly." Seras said with a satisfied smirk, hoping that wasn't unreasonable.

"Theon, any terms and conditions you would like to propose?" Seras asked Theon with a smile.

"Yeah, they certainly have had an air of incompetence about them, even their best may not stand much of a chance against this other Lich...However, I have a few requests I'd like to put forward first before we lend them our assistance"Theon smiled, Seras seemed to agree with him. The agent then spoke to Theon. "Well, Theon, I know I have something I can offer you, control... When your anger subsides, when your rational part takes over, take it off to become human again." Theon's eyes narrowed. He didn't like people assuming he was something when they didn't know him.

"Hmmph, sounds like something that might be of great use to you Theon, especially regarding 'you know who'." Seras remarked referring to Sandulf. Sandulf appeared to be a sleep, which was good news for Theon. Seras then said "Clarkson, before I lend you my assistance in this matter, there are a few terms and conditions I want to get across first. Number three, we'll expect some form of monetary compensation, the offer for better hotels and plane tickets sounds like it would serve that purpose perfectly." Seras said with a satisfied smirk, she then asked with a smile "Theon, any terms and conditions you would like to propose?"

Theon had a wide smile on his face. "As a matter of fact, I do have a few things to add Seras. I have 3 conditions to be more precise.
Number 1: I want 2 badges or something similar, which prove that we are helping you. And those badges need to give us the same clearance as a cop would have. Since we will need it to properly 'hunt' this necromancer.
Number 2: I want one of those necklaces, that you are designing to keep the wild side of werewolves in check.
Number 3: I want a couple of guns, and a license to carry them. To be more specific I want: a Savage 10FP with a silencer and a scope and about 40 bullets. And I also want a Beretta 92 with a silencer with about 70 bullets.
I mean you don't except us to fight an ancient necromancer with our fist right?" Theon said a bit mocking showing his hands. The small bit of fur of earlier was completely gone, and his hands looked completely human again."So what will it be Clarkson? Do you accept our conditions?" Theon was hoping he would agree with the conditions.

Clarkson started looking through the vans contents, before finding some wallets with badges on one side, place for IDs on the other.

"These do not have MI6 clearance," Clarkson, handing two out to Theon, "But they are at least Scotland Yard level. As long as you do not get arrested, these will serve you well. If you are arrested, your beyond even my help."

Clarkson picked out the amulet, holding it by the amulet, "Even putting your finger through the chain is considered 'wearing it.' Sometimes, even a bit of skin through one of the holes in the chains also activates the magics, so hold it by the amulet or handle it with gloves."

Clarkson pulled out a key, unlocked a panel on the floor of the van, and lifted it, revealing several rifle, some shotguns, two grenade launchers, and a broad sword.

"While I don't have that specific gun on me," Clarkson, grabbing a marksman's rifle, "I do have these, bullpup M14s. At the ranges you should be engaging the Lich, bolt actions would be a liability, if she teleports in front of you, you want a fast follow up shots. Also, they are not 'silencers,' they are suppressor, nor are they nearly as effective as Hollywood likes to pretend they are. The gun is going to be fairly loud, although it won't sound like a gun, but it won't blow out your ear drums. Here are your Beretras and 120 rounds for the rifle."

"These do not have MI6 clearance. But they are at least Scotland Yard level. As long as you do not get arrested, these will serve you well. If you are arrested, your beyond even my help." Theon accepted both the wallets. "Don't worry they will need an army to lock me up." Clarkson then grabbed the amulet."Even putting your finger through the chain is considered 'wearing it.' Sometimes, even a bit of skin through one of the holes in the chains also activates the magic, so hold it by the amulet or handle it with gloves." Theon nodded, he carefully grabbed it making sure not to activate it. Theon grabbed a small sack out his back pocket and placed it in there.

The floor of the van was opened revealing all kinds of guns. "While I don't have that specific gun on me. I do have these, bullpup M14s. At the ranges you should be engaging the Lich, bolt actions would be a liability, if she teleports in front of you, you want a fast follow up shots. Also, they are not 'silencers,' they are suppressor, nor are they nearly as effective as Hollywood likes to pretend they are. The gun is going to be fairly loud, although it won't sound like a gun, but it won't blow out your ear drums. Here are your Berettas and 120 rounds for the rifle."

Theon accepted the weapons slightly disappointed and a bit angry. "I know what a suppressor is, I was asking for a silencer. You know a magical suppressor? But it seems you don't use them. Also I have never used an assault rifle before, but I guess it will have to do." Theon grabbed the weapons and placed the pistols inside his jacket, hiding it from sight. He grabbed a leather weapons holder and placed the bullup M14 inside it, hanging the weapon on his back. He placed the ammo in his backpack.

Theon looked at Seras, she hadn't gotten an answer yet. "And how about Seras conditions? Do you also accept those?" Theon send a message to Seras. "Do you have any problems with me carrying guns around?" Theon was a bit nervous about the answer. He had been practically raised with a gun in his hand, but he had never really used one in front of Seras and he hadn't talked about it much either.

"Don't worry they will need an army to lock me up."

That made Clarkson worried. Anti-werewolf and anti-animorph measures were well known down to police departments. Explosives and guns are far more effective then most paranormals think, and he did not feel comfortable working with those who overestimate there abilities.

"I know what a suppressor is, I was asking for a silencer. You know a magical suppressor? But it seems you don't use them. Also I have never used an assault rifle before, but I guess it will have to do."

Clarkson looked up at Theon, surprised that he had heard of them, "Magical silencers are both harder to get, far more expensive, can be detected by all kinds of magical means, and can be instantly rendered useless by a counter spell. A normal suppressor doesn't. Also, finding wizards who are willing to charm any piece of technology is... severely limited. The houses of wizards do not look... kindly on those who use their craft on human technology. So, just tell me where you plan to go, you will be given the plane tickets and reservations as soon as the job is done, and don't carry the rifles visibly when your walking on the streets. Even though the British have been reversing gun control laws since the unma... big magical reveal, open carry is still not legal, nor is the ownership of assault rifles. Keep them in backpacks or your trunk."

Lucius looked around at the ensuing chaos, on the verge of maniacal laughter. He probably could have escaped if he'd wanted too, if only temporarily. Ah well, lets get this sorted out. Lucius had heard talk of these agents recruiting people to fight Arzhela - if nothing else, he wanted in on this, though he was certainly going to try and get something more out of it. He floated lazily towards the Agent who was discussing guns with some of the other passengers - he almost looked like he was in command, Lucius thought.

"Lucius Cassius Imperiosus", he said, in introduction to the agent - sometimes the formality of his now-pointless titles was overkill, "I understand you are looking for help to track down another Lich, is this correct?"

Clarkson glared at the Lich, "Wait your turn. I am not finished done talking to them yet."

John had mentioned that the Lich had been trying to recruit people to his side. The PIA could not let that creature run across the nation unsupervised on some revenge plan. Unless you can incapsitate one or blow up its soul storage unit, fighting a Lich will only delay it and make them angry. He hoped the PIA location teams would have better lucky finding this creatures life line then they had in the past.

"Wait your turn. I am not finished done talking to them yet."

Lucius thought for a moment, wondering whether this counted as rude, these days. He supposed he didn't really have the authority he used to, so decided not to punish the insolent human.

"I would guess i'm your best guess at finding Arzhela, what with her being another Lich", Lucius started at the agent again, "So who shall I talk to?"

Lucia just watched the agent try and recruit the other passengers "How do you feel about trying to kill or capture a Litch? cause, the agent will ask about that as well, apparently, the female Litch that caused the plane to almost go down spooked them to the point they're bringing in outside help" she said to Pegs

"How do you feel about trying to kill or capture a Litch? cause, the agent will ask about that as well, apparently, the female Litch that caused the plane to almost go down spooked them to the point they're bringing in outside help" Lucia said.

Pegs pondered on Lucia's words. Capture a Lich? Or even kill it? These guys must be pretty spooked to bring in outside help, especially the victims of said Lich's little argument with a plane. She gave a stretch. So much for a simple vacation around the world. But hey, as long as the bill was paid for by whatever organisation who thought it was a good idea to recruit random passengers on a plane, she would be happy. A quick trip on the cheap sounded good, but the risk of death didn't. Maybe the organisation would cover that? Pegs came to a reluctant conclusion.

"Sounds like fun!" Pegs replied, beaming. Then she turned to Lucia and stretched again, with a yawn. "Do you know if we get expenses, healthcare, etc? 'Cause that would be helpful. Anyway, if they too long, I'll probably fall asleep, heh."

"Sounds like fun! Do you know if we get expenses, healthcare, etc? 'Cause that would be helpful. Anyway, if they too long, I'll probably fall asleep, heh."

John overheard Pegs, glad he still had his phone out, and texted to Clarkson, "The Fairy just want tickets and healthcare. She is excited about it already."

John looked to the van and the clearly irritated Lich.

"What is taking him this long?" John thought.

Lucia giggles at Pegs reply "Well if nothing else, should be interesting to say the least. I just hope after this little diversion nothing else pops up, tends to ruin an outing when some one recruits you to deal with their problems"

"...So, just tell me where you plan to go, you will be given the plane tickets and reservations as soon as the job is done." Clarkson said before having to deal with the interference of the Lich. This caused Seras to think for a moment, both her and Theon hadn't fully planned out their around the world trip, I mean they was going to try and hit some of the major holiday destinations, but that was about it.

"That sounds great, and thank you. But the thing is Clarkson, we hadn't fully planned out where we were going to go on this around the world trip. If its at all possible, could we somehow get in contact you, and forward on the information when it is the most convenient for the preparations to be made? But right now, and I'm not trying to sound ungrateful or anything, I and no doubt Theon appreciate your offer; but all we want to do right now, after everything that has happened, is to get to our hotel, and relax." Seras said with a sigh, casting a brief yawn, but remembered to cover her mouth first.

"...So, just tell me where you plan to go, you will be given the plane tickets and reservations as soon as the job is done." Clarkson said before having to deal with the interference of the Lich. Theon thought about where they would be going, and frankly they just hadn't decided yet. Theon wanted to do this to be free of all ties except Seras, and be able to go anywhere with her. So he hadn't really planned it that much yet.

"That sounds great, and thank you. But the thing is Clarkson, we hadn't fully planned out where we were going to go on this around the world trip....But all we want to do right now, after everything that has happened, is to get to our hotel, and relax." Seras said with a sigh, casting a brief yawn which she covered with her hand. Theon grabbed his cell phone and looked at Clarkson "What is your number?" he asked in an attempt to speed things along. Theon saw how tired Seras was and he really didn't want to stay here any longer.

Roland still sat on top of the van, perching near the edge. If anyone bothered to look up then he would be spotted immediately but luckily for the bird, most of the agents and soldiers were more interested in keeping an eye on the lich.

God but it was taking forever! Roland sighed and settled down more comfortably, hoping that the wait wouldn't be too long.

Clarkson didn't like handing out any contact information, but thankfully the PIA had a lot of front companies. He pulled out a card for a travel agency.

"Call thus number," Clarkson said, writing a 7 digit code on the back of it, "Give the woman this code and you be able to set up up any trip you please that doesn't involve going to the China, North Korea, or the Moon. I will ask you to make sure your travel plans are somewhat reasonable?"

"So, since that should be everything," Clarkson said, writing down a few more notes, "Lich, your up!"

As Seras's yawn had ended, Clarkson produced a business card for a travel agency out of his coat pocket, presenting it to Seras.

"Call this number." Clarkson said, writing something on the back of it, which turned out to be a seven digit code. "Give the woman this code and you be able to set up up any trip you please that doesn't involve going to the China, North Korea, or the Moon. I will ask you to make sure your travel plans are somewhat reasonable?"

"That certainly sounds reasonable. We'll make sure to call a day or so in advance to make the necessary arrangements. Its unlikely that we'll plan to do anything indecent or embarrassing; but we'll still call to confirm either way. Once again Clarkson, thank you very much." Seras said with a smile as he hoped out of the van, as Clarkson called up for Lucius.

"So, since that should be everything." Clarkson said, writing down a few more notes, "Lich, your up!"

Seras soon returned to Theon and her family, all of whom look relieved that they were done.

"Come on, let's go and gather our things before proceeding to our luggage." She said, smiling again and putting an arm around Theon.

"Call this number," Clarkson said, handing a note to Seras. Theon closed his phone, and stuffed it back in his pocket. "Give the woman this code..I will ask you to make sure your travel plans are somewhat reasonable?" Clarkson asked. Seras responded with "That certainly sounds reasonable....Once again Clarkson, thank you very much." She said with a smile as he hoped out of the van. He was happy to see her smile, he was also happy he finally got to leave this place.

"Come on, let's go and gather our things before proceeding to our luggage." Seras said, smiling and putting an arm around Theon. He put her arm around her too, and he jokingly said "I didn't know you were taking initiative now." He kissed her on her cheek and smiled brightly. Theon caught himself staring at Seras, as they were walking away. He still couldn't believe, what had happened the last few weeks. He looked up at the sky, he was sure the rest of the trip would be better.

"Lich, your up!"

Ok, this insolent mortal was really starting to grind on Lucius. He took a deep breath, before floating towards the agent, and once more introducing himself.

"My name is Lucius Cassius Imperiosus, and I am lead to believe you are searching for another of my kind, is this accurate?"

Lucius smirked. With these guys backing him, Arzhela's odds were shortening considerably. At the very least, their corpses would make good cannon fodder - he smirked to himself.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here