The Darkest Corners: A Modern Fantasy RP (Interest Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . . . 26 NEXT

Lucius, ignoring the mental backlashes against his method of delivering messages, closed his eyes, and focused on a mental image of the exterior of the Ritz - a little out of date, he guessed, but workable. he whispered "loconovum", and dissapeared from the airport, rematerialising just outside the Ritz. "Vestis Formalis", his clothes changed from his standard tunic into a suit that was probably the height of fashion, about fifty years earlier. Damn, he had to get out more. Still, at least he should offend people as much. Lucius turned, and strolled into the well known hotel, heading to the Reception desk. Once there, he immediately asked to see the manager.

The manager arrived at the desk, looking a little worried. Lucius quietly calmed him down, before beginning his inquiry.

"Did your predecessor mention Ossium Magi to you at all?", The manager went slightly pale.

"It was mentioned, yes. Why do you ask?", Was the reply.

"Look up 'Imperiosus' in your books then. I shall require a room indefinitely, and possibly other rooms for some acquaintances. I also need private use of your lounge for the next couple of nights. Payment as normal.", Lucius watched the small man squirm - The Ossium Magi most likely hadn't been seen in London in many years. The manager nodded and walked off into the back room. Lucius waited, as he so frequently did, by hovering almost a foot into the air, enjoying the looks from people passing by.

"It wouldn't be a curse if it benefited you, now would it? Non videri."

"True," Roland managed to agree before everything went black. Besides digging his talons deeper into John's coat, he remained calm and quiet, listening closely to everything going on around him. It sounded like John was getting his luggage.

"How long do I have to stay like this?" Roland asked quietly after a while, "I'd hate having to miss all the sights of London."

Theon approached Seras who seemed to have found the bag of her parents and sister. Seras smiled in response to his own smile. "Yeah, I've had enough of airports for one day Theon. However, once we've dropped off our luggage Theon, I think we should go visit Terra at the hospital, see how she is feeling at the moment, and if there is any news regarding Richard's condition." Seras said with a concerned tone. He nodded; he was worried about Richard and Terra too. The couple then began walking out of the airport.

"Anyone helping to bring down Arzhela, meet me in the lounge at the Ritz. If the price is a problem, ask me there." Theon grabbed his head; sudden mental messages were bad news for him. As soon as he was distracted or attacked mentally the cages weakened, but lucky he managed to keep them closed for now. "I swear on my life, if I get my hands on that Lich, I am going to beat him to an inch of his non-existent life...... tell her that we may be a little late in visiting her and Richard." He smiled "I wouldn't mind joining you in giving that beating. Though it would be best to control ourselves, for now that is." Seras grabbed her phone and began dialing.

Seras began speaking into her phone; Theon listened wondering what they were talking about. "Yeah, everyone who was on the plane got off alright....but in a way you kind of helped me and Theon get together, so thank you." Seras then stopped talking and massaged her head. "But now it seems that misbegotten Lich Lucius has called for a strategy meeting in the lounge of the Ritz hotel.....Speaking of, any news on that front?" Seras sounded worried. Theon closed his eyes and focused, he made sure that the cages were still locked. And as he had expected one cage was wide open, and the other was closed. Though the cage seemed more unstable then ever, he was sure that it wouldn't hold long anymore. The stress and annoyance wasn't making it any easier on him, and the cages seemed to weaken in return.

"...Speaking of, any news on that front?" Seras said, the concern evident in her tone.

"Nothing helpful, no. The officer who came to speak to me - whose name is Richard of all things - says he has some internal bleeding and that's it. Annoyingly, that's at least third hand information so I don't know anything solid." she said in response, her frustration at the whole situation clear in her voice. Terra took a deep breath, more to calm herself then out of any need for air, then said. "Take as long you need at the... meeting thing as you need. You and Theon stay safe though; the two of you are my best friends too."

Pegs woke from a daze went the Lich decided to present his offer telepathically and stumbled out of the airport. A free room at the Ritz sounded good. Might as well make most of this mess. She headed off, dwarfed by her luggage to a nearby tube station. After a while of staring at the multi-coloured web that dared to be called a map, Pegs figured out it was the Piccadilly line she needed.

Nevertheless, she hated it in the Underground - noisy, stuffy and all manner of awful things. Not to mention expensive. She had heard about wages being raised in London just because it was so expensive to live there, and looking the prices for tickets, no wonder that had happened. But enough of the pain of being parted from pennies, the tube's doors had opened and people were beginning to rush in.

She zig-zagged between the people and breathed a sigh of relief as she sat down on a seat as the door closed. The tube sped towards many a station, finally reaching Piccadilly. Pegs dragged herself up the stairs and back to the surface. After a friendly chat with a bemused local regarding directions, she was walked towards the Ritz, easily spotting the sign of the lavish hotel...

"Nothing helpful, no. The officer who came to speak to me - whose name is Richard of all things - says he has some internal bleeding and that's it. Annoyingly, that's at least third hand information so I don't know anything solid." Terra said in response, her frustration about the current situation clearly showing. She then went quiet for a moment, probably trying to clear her head or something before she continued. "Take as long you need at the... meeting thing as you need. You and Theon stay safe though; the two of you are my best friends too." Seras smiled at this comment.

"Don't worry, both me and Theon will look out for each other, and thanks for saying that friend, it means a lot, to both of us." Seras remarked, taking a brief moment to look at Theon with a loving smile.

"I'm sure Richard will pull through, after all, he has his angel beside him. Anyway, got to go now and grab a taxi to the hotel to show that we've arrived properly and get ourselves all in order after what has happened, so I guess this is goodbye for now. Hopefully the meeting won't take too long. One more thing Terra, and don't take this the wrong way, but try and get some rest; no doubt when Richard recovers, he won't want to see his girlfriend all tired. Good luck." Seras said in a friendly tone before she ended the call and put her mobile back in her bag. She then turned to her family and Theon.

"Anyway, let's grab a taxi to the hotel so we can at the very least drop off our bags before me and Theon head over to this meeting."

Seras smiled at something Terra said, she then said "Don't worry, both me and Theon will look out for each other, and thanks for saying that friend, it means a lot, to both of us." Seras looked at him with a loving smile, he responded in kind. Seras then continued "I'm sure Richard will pull through, after all, he has his angel beside him....One more thing Terra, and don't take this the wrong way, but try and get some rest; no doubt when Richard recovered, he won't want to see his girlfriend all tired. Good luck." Seras then ended the call, and put her mobile away.

"Anyway, let's grab a taxi to the hotel so we can at the very least drop off our bags before me and Theon head over to this meeting." Theon looked at the bags, he was feeling restrained. He had been on that plane for too long, he had become used to being able to shape shift regularly. Right now he felt like changing into a giant eagle, and taking Seras along with him. But it was probably best to take it slow; such things didn't fit the mood right now. Theon nodded and followed Seras outside; he walked besides her and said, "I am happy to hear that Richard is in the hospital, I didn't really know what to think when I saw how injured he was."

"How long do I have to stay like this? I'd hate having to miss all the sights of London."

"Once we are outside the airport and in the taxi," John said walking to the terminal exit, "I will change you back. When were in the taxi, just be quiet."

John walked along the side wall of the side wall of the airport, making sure nobody knocked Roland off or hit the bird directly. Thankfully, he was able to get the airport exit with out incident.

John helped heave the luggage into the trunk.

"The Ritz," John said to the driver, making sure to sit behind the driver's seat.

"Rursus videbuntur," John whispered, making Roland visible again.

"I am happy to hear that Richard is in the hospital, I didn't really know what to think when I saw how injured he was." Theon said as he walked beside Seras as the group exited the airport out into the vehicle pick up/drop off point. It was a veritable hive of activity, just like it was back at the departure lounge in New York; despite it being in the morning, then again airports were always a hotbed of activity regardless of the time.

"Yeah, I was worried about Richard when I saw them take him away to the hospital; can't imagine what Terra must be going through right now. According to what Terra has been able to find out from an officer, ironically enough called Richard, is that he is suffering from some internal bleeding." Seras remarked as they arrived at the taxi rank, with which Dominic was already hailing one.

"If you'd like Seras, myself, your mother and Katarina can go ahead, give you two some time to yourselves after everything that has happened." Dominic suggested, as the cab driver was busy loading luggage into the boot of the cab.

"You sure about that father? I mean I'm sure myself and Theon wouldn't mind sharing. Would we Theon?"

Lucia walked to the Ritz, taking in the sights of London, so her pace was far from hurried

"Yeah, I was worried about Richard when I saw them take him away to the hospital...is that he is suffering from some internal bleeding." Seras said as they arrived at the taxi rank. Theon looked up at the sky, poor Terra he thought. He couldn't even imagine the stress and worrying he would do if that happend to Seras.

"If you'd like Seras, myself...give you two some time to yourselves after everything that has happened." Dominic said. Seras responded with "You sure about that father?...Would we Theon?" Theon nodded. He would have preferred to go alone, but he knew how important her family was to her. "I don't mind sharing a cab with you at all." He said looking at Seras family.

"I don't mind sharing a cab with you at all." Theon said as he looked at Dominic, Nicole and Katie. Seras smiled briefly before turning towards her father.

"Well father, it looks like the choice has been made. Whilst I appreciate the sentiment, there'll be more than enough time for me and Theon to have some private moments once this ghastly business involving Arzhela is dealt with. Besides, after this is over, and we're onto our next destination, it'll be unlikely that I'll get to see you in person for a while." Seras remarked, a tear almost coming to her eye at the thought of being away from them for such a long period of time; but she managed to catch before it was noticeable. Dominic let out a low chuckle as he briefly showed his fangs in a smile.

"Very well then my dear daughter, if you so insist." Dominic said as he held open the door for Seras and Theon. As they got in, the cab driver asked for their bags, and put them into the boot soon after. Both Seras and Theon sat together, with Nicole sitting next to Seras, and Dominic and Katie sitting opposite.

"Where to sir?" The cab driver asked as they began to pull away.

"The Royal Garden Hotel please."

"Right you are. Just sit back and enjoy the sights that London has to offer, and I'll get you there as quick as I can."

"Rursus videbuntur."

Roland sighed with relief when the spell ended and he could see again. He sat quietly on John's shoulder and looked out of the cab's window. He had to admit, London was a beautiful city but, despite his earlier claim, he had a limited interest in sightseeing and was soon bored.
Still, he was able to stay quiet. When the taxi pulled up on the Ritz hotel however he didn't bother to wait for John and flew out of the taxi and into the hotel, slipping through the doors just as a guest exited.

"Good day," Roland greeted the receptionist as he landed on his desk. "Did a tall, ugly, dead looking fellow with a horrible taste in fashion come here?" he asked, having forgotten who they were supposed to ask for exactly. "We're....associates you see and he told us to come here," he explained then waited to see if the receptionist would tell him where to go or smack him off the counter.

The receptionist took a single good look at the talking bird.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" She shrieked in a high pitch scream before running off. John face palmed.

"Just better and better" John said under his breath, "Has anyone seen a 2000 year old man walk through here..."

"Your host is either in his room or the Lounge," said the manager walking it, "Here is your key to your room."

The manager looked down at Roland, "Don't worry, it's a double."

John, not entirely sure if he should be surprised or not, "Thanks. Which way to your lounge..."

"Do you have any idea what is going on?" Clarkson said, storming into the hotel, "Jos-"

John quickly through out the "compromised" symbol.

"-hn," Clarkson said, "I heard from at least half a dozen screaming passengers that a voice told them to come to this hotel. If you..."

"It was the Lich," John said calmly, "He is trying to gain control of this hunt for Arzhela."

"@#$%," Clarkson said angrily, "Where is the bloody bastard?"

"Check the lounge, the manager said he might be in there," John said, slowly bringing the conversation closer to the elevator.

Clarkson looked down at Roland.

"He is with me, now if you will excuse me," John said, stepping in, and hitting the close door button, "We need to go check out our room."

John watched with all kinds of amusement as Clarkson noticed the doors closing to late.

"You wouldn't believe how long I wanted to do something like that."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" the receptionist shrieked before running off.

"Well that was uncalled-for," Roland grumbled, then waited as John got the key and dealt with his boss.

"He is with me, now if you will excuse me, we need to go check out our room."

Roland waved at Clarkson just before the elevator doors closed.

"You wouldn't believe how long I wanted to do something like that."

"Funny how it's always the easily irritable people prone to worrying too much that end up in leadership positions," Roland remarked as the elevator went ding! and the doors opened. He looked at the key in John's hand, then at one of the doors. This could be a problem. "Maybe you could leave a window open a crack so that I wouldn't have to rely on you to get in and out all the time?"

"Maybe you could leave a window open a crack so that I wouldn't have to rely on you to get in and out all the time?"

"Ok," John said, walking to the door, sliding the card into the door slot. He got a green light, so John entered. The room was a pretty standard double, big window, tiny balcony, television from 1998, most likely broken coffee maker, little chocolates on the bed. John put his luggage against the bed.

"Do you want me to leave the bathroom door open or..." John started, before he decided it was best not to think about Roland's bathroom habits. John also was starting to feel the fatigue, he hadn't slept in 25 hours. Using magic to push back the tiredness much longer would be dangerous. He yawned loudly.

"I wonder how long we going to stay in London," John said, unpacking his stuff. Without thinking about it much, John pulled out his KSG, and started to load in the shells, going with iron buckshot in the left tube, grenade rounds in the right tube.

As they traveled along the streets en-route to the hotel, Seras sat rather placid with her heading resting on Theon's shoulder, and an arm wrapped around him, almost asleep; everything was calm and peaceful inside the London cab, despite the driver making polite conversation with Dominic and Nicole. Katie on the other hand, was thinking about what she was seeing back on the plane when Seras had somehow changed slightly; she was intrigued about it.

"Hey sis, what was happening to you earlier on the plane; thought I saw a streak of white in your hair, and you had this unusual red glow, don't think I've seen any of your powers do that before." The question caused Seras to wake up and yawn as she removed her head and arm from Theon.

"Indeed Katie, something did happen. But first, driver can you give us a little privacy please, my family and I need to talk about something, and no offence human, I don't think you'd want to hear it.."

"Right... let me just pull this little window shut, and you'll have all the privacy you'll need. Just let me know when your done, I'll also make sure to remind you when we've arrived if you happen to be still talking." The cab driver said, sounding slightly nervous at the remark. He then pulled a window that was made of a soundproof material shut.

"Now that has been settled with, your are indeed correct Katie, something did indeed happen to me. Do you remember the day of the seal removal, when I disappeared into a shadowy haze, and a voice said that 'She had awakened.'? Well I felt that same surge of power again on-board the plane, but I was able to access powers that I had never even used before. There was also a voice, not the one that spoke before, but different. It felt both new and old. She said that she could help me bind that Lich better than the agent could."

"She? Just who are you talking about Seras?"

"Mileena dad, that was who."

"Mileena you say? I have not heard that name for quite awhile, at least two decades ago."

"Just who is she father?"

"Well according to legend, Mileena was a powerful vampire Mage who supposedly lived during the 1600's. Whilst she exhibited many of our kinds traits; she was different in that she respected humanity for its resilience and capability to adapt in almost any environment. She was also a trained warrior, which given for a woman of her time was quite unheard of. There are myths related to her that suggest she hunted down vampires who kept humanity and the other races as slaves, wanting equality for all; so you could say that Mileena was quite the revolutionary for our kind."

"I expected something a bit...fancier for a hotel that looked so grand outside," Roland said, sounding a bit disappointed, when they entered the room. He then flew into one of the bedrooms and took a look around. "A bit small but I guess I'll have to manage," he joked, not hearing Johns question about the bathroom or pretending not to have heard.

"I wonder how long we going to stay in London."

"Homesick already?" Roland asked before grabbing a small bit of chocolate and flying back to the main room. He wasn't too surprised when he saw the gun, John was an FBI agent after all, and watched with polite interest. "10 gauge?" he asked.

-Lucius-

Once the manager had arranged things for Lucius, the lich floated calmly into the lounge - emptied already - he'd forgotten how powerful some non-magical words could be. He stared into the room, muttering some varied incantations to rearrange the room into a more suitable situation without any actual effort on his part. good. That dealt with, he floated over to the chair at the far end of the table, and sat down, waiting for his guests to enter.

Not long had passed before Lucius heard a scream from the reception of the hotel, which he took to mean his associates had arrived. Lucius pondered which of his mismatched little crew would enter the makeshift briefing room first. It had been a long time since he worked with other sentient beings, and he still hadn't heard from his spy.

-Rhingyll-

Rhyngill stood at the podium, nearly 500 of what could just about be called soldiers stood before him, with Her Grace to his left. Zombies, Skeletons, even some minor demons stood amond the ranks, but he knew it would never be enough. He turned to Her, and whispered, "Your Grace, we need more. This isn't half of the army we'll need".

She looked over him, his steel-plated leathers looking out of place at a command podium. Ignoring his comment, she looked up at her armies. She raised her arms and began,
"Our old foe - some of you survived him last time - is rising again. As we speak, he most likely musters his own armies. You have trained against mages for years, you WILL know what to do when he arrives. Rhyngill will not be here to command you, he has other... duties to perform", She turned, floating away back to the small room that had become her command centre.

Rhyngill sighed. Last time he'd encountered Lucius, the madman had commanded almost five thousand undead - they'd been overrun with ease. He must make her grace see, he thought to himself. He looked over the motley assortment of raised undead, and followed his Queen into the command room. Once there, he stood to attention, knowing where he was to be sent.

"Do you have my travel arrangements, your Grace?", He asked. She pointed to a glyph in the corner of the room, and, as he stepped on it, she muttered to herself, "lle newydd", and Rhingyll disappeared.

"Homesick already?"

"No," John said, he was used to not seeing his home for months at a time, yawning, "Need to know if I can sleep on this bed or will I sleep on the way to whales."

"10 gauge?"

John was suddenly aware he brought out his shotgun in front of a witness, although he was surprised Roland guessed 10 gauge, that wasn't a common shotgun gauge anymore.

"Nope, 12," John said, loading the last shell into the firing position. He then grabbed the belt and holster for his revolver, checked to make sure all the rounds were iron, then grabbed the remote and turned on the TV.

Meanwhile...

Clarkson stormed into the lounge, seeing the Lich in some tacky suit from the 60's, "What the @#%^ do you think your doing?"

"What makes you think your leading this force?" Clarkson said, "You are not any kind of law enforcement, you have no legal authority to just go after this Lich how ever you please. Yet you go off and pick a very PUBLIC place to meet up. You know how easily it will be to bug this room? You know how many employees, how many other guests, how many other people seeing the train of paranormals going into this hotel could tip off Arzhela where we are staying? You know how easily she could have a bomb drove into the parking lot and bring this entire building down?"

"Nope, 12," John said.

"Oh, right," Roland nodded, realizing his mistake. "My grandfather used to have a old 10 gauge shotgun," he said, shrugging, and started to rip the paper off of the piece of chocolate. "You can go sleep and I'll wake you in a few hours?" he offered, struggling with the wrapper. He couldn't really eat the chocolate since it was poisonous to birds, Roland included, but he liked the smell and it gave him something to do besides watching Britain's got talent on the tv.

John yawned again.

"With Lich around," John said, continuing to yawn, flipping through the channels "I need alertness... I need... ZZZZZZZZZZ."

John collapesed, the last of his alertness spell finally canceling out, channel set to a cricket match.

-Lucius-

As Lucius contemplated possible approaches, the doors flew open, heralding the arrival of a ranting Agent, the one from the airport. Security risks, the guy said. Lucius guessed it was a good point, to the mortals among them.

"Not bad points, agent", he replied, "but the Ossium Magi - do you know them? - have enough power to keep security risks at bay. And I don't assume to be leading the operation, I just feel we ought to get moving, much more quickly than your guys seemed to be. Anyways, once everyone arrives, you're welcome to take charge if you'd li-", Lucius was cut off mid-sentence by a flash of light, and what would have appeared to anyone to be an animate rotting corpse in plated leathers materialised in the middle of the room.

-Rhingyll-

"Ah, Rhingyll, you joined us!", Lucius exclaimed as the zombie appeared in the makeshift briefing room. Rhingyll looked around, his gaze fixing on the Agent - PIA, he guessed, meddling bastards. "Who's that?", he asked Lucius sharply.

Lucius replied, "This is, I think it was Clarkson. His organisation is helping us to bring down Arzhela". Somehow, he rather doubted the PIA would be helpful for very long - at least not once they had no use for the paranormals. Still, he knew how that felt - and he had a job to do.

"Down to business, then", Rhingyll started, "The Queen is raising and mustering her armies. At current, she has about a thousand, between zombies and skeletons, and a couple of minor demons she's brought through. Better still, she still thinks I'm on her side - I was promoted to commander a few decades ago." The zombie walked, somewhat calmly given the potential urgency, towards the seat at Lucius' left, and sat down. "Sit, Agent."

Pegs remembered the gist of the mental message and went towards the lounge where apparently there was some sort of gathering. Well, Pegs only came for the free room at the Ritz and there was to be some bitter disappointment if that offer had been withdrawn. She flew over to the lounge to ask the generous Lich to 'help with the price', as he had said but a close encounter with a porter pushing a heavily-loaded luggage cart knocked her off balance and into the group gathered there. With an embarrassed smile she said, "Apologies, I heard something about an offer and I'm just wondering if this is the right place."

Lucia finally made it to the hotel in question, and had a look around the lobby, it was nice enough she thought, till she caught Pegs fluttering toward a room, she assumed was the lounge.

"Apologies, I heard something about an offer and I'm just wondering if this is the right place."
She heard as she walked up behind Pegs, peering into the room, spotting Agent Clarkson, Lucius and a few more undead "Yay .. more undead .." Lucia said off handedly in a slightly sarcastic tone "I will not be needing a room, I had prior arrangements, anyway lets be about this shall we?" she said as she walked past Pegs, though greeting her with a friendly wave as she passed

"Well father, it looks like the choice has been made....it'll be unlikely that I'll get to see you in person for a while." Seras said sounding saddened. Theon looked a bit surprised, the way Seras and her family treated each other was still new to him. "Very well then my dear daughter, if you so insist." Dominic said as he held open the door, first Seras and then Theon stepped in. "The Royal Garden Hotel please." The royal garden hotel? That sounded fancy. He wondered what a fancy hotel would look like.

Seras placed her head on his shoulder, and wrapped an arm around him. He smiled as he placed an arm around her too, he glanced outside. He had to admit London was quite beautiful, he hadn't traveled much so he was kind of new to this. "Hey sis, what was happening to you earlier on the plane...don't think I've seen any of your powers do that before." Seras seemed to wake up and she yawned. He couldn't hide a small smile, she looked very cute when she yawned. The mood had changed though, still he was happy he didn't have to ask about it himself.

Seras asked for some privacy, which the cab driver gave them. Theon was beginning to grow more curious, he had been wondering what exactly happened for a while now. "Now that has been settled with, your are indeed correct Katie...There was also a voice, not the one that spoke before, but different. It felt both new and old. She said that she could help me bind that Lich better than the agent could." Voices inside her head? He wondered if they worked the same as his, though he hoped not.

"Mileena dad, that was who." Seras said, he wondered who this Mileena person was. "Well according to legend, Mileena was a powerful vampire Mage who supposedly lived during the 1600's.....wanting equality for all; so you could say that Mileena was quite the revolutionary for our kind." Dominic said closing his story. Theon thought a bit about it, and then asked Dominic. "But why, and how would her power end up in Seras?"

"How did he spring their protection?" Clarkson thought, before he saw the flash of light. Had his hand on his holster as soon as he saw the "guest." The look Rhingyll w gave him worried Clarkson. it wasn't one of anger, or contempt, but of annoyance. Did Rhingyll know he was a PIA agent?

"Down to business, then.The Queen is raising and mustering her armies. At current, she has about a thousand, between zombies and skeletons, and a couple of minor demons she's brought through. Better still, she still thinks I'm on her side - I was promoted to commander a few decades ago."

"1000?" Clarkson thought, "Maybe John was right about all of this... @#$^ I hate when that bloody made is right."

"Sit, Agent."

"$%^&!" Clarkson said, as he sat in one the seats, "How does he know about the PIA? I hope he is smart enough to keep his mouth shut up about it."

As he sitting down, and the back were turned, he sent two texts. One asking for information on this Rhingyll, one demand John get down here now.

Meanwhile...

"ZZZZZ...*Ring* Uhhh... what?" John said, getting up from his much needed sleep. He looked at the text. John quickly gave himself an alertness spell, the danger be @#%^ed, grab his shotgun, stuffed it into a backpack, grabbed a few grenades from the bag, and got to the door.

"We need to go NOW," John said, completely serious.

"...One more thing Terra, and don't take this the wrong way, but try and get some rest; no doubt when Richard recovers, he won't want to see his girlfriend all tired. Good luck." Seras said. Terra replied in kind, and ended the call. Terra didn't think sleep would be an option; she doubted sleep would be coming to her anytime soon. till, it was a nice thought.

Terra reentered the ER waiting room, returned to the other Richard. "Sorry about that" she muttered, partially true. She didn't really WANT to deal with the man, but it wasn't like she wished him ill or anything. With a sigh, she picked up where she had left off. "Look... Richa-" she started to say, then edited her self. "-officer, I'm not really able to think about planes and hotels right now. Say what you want about his condition; until he's awake, I have bigger worries then where we'll be sleeping in the next country or how we'll get there. As for the books... I don't know. Maybe. I don't have a touch of magic to be frank, so I don't know what books Richard can and cannot use." she responded, not seeing anything to add.

"With Lich around, I need alertness... I need... ZZZZZZZZZZ."

Roland chuckled quietly as John fell asleep but then noticed the channel. "Why cricket of all things?" he groaned and settled down for a few very boring hours.

Luckily it wasn't long until John's phone rang and the agent was back up in an instant.

"We need to go NOW."

"Trouble?" he asked, yawning, and followed John out.

-Lucius-

Lucius watched in amusement as his double agent started ordering Clarkson around - Ah, the things a command job can do to you. He thought he saw the Dragon-girl and the Fairy from the flight over walking into the lobby - at least some of the others were joining them.

"A thousand, Rhingyll?", Lucius started, "She must have been practicing, she could only manage about two or three hundred last time. Anyways, Clarkson, you have resources, yes? What does your organisation do with the bodies of its enemies? I could raise four or five times Arzhela's army, but in this day and age, I'd rather not raid graveyards."

-Rhingyll-

Rhyngill did not like the way the agent was looking at him, though at least he was reasonably obedient. Still, the zombie had encountered enough officials in his centuries to be mistrustful of them. The scars on his back started to burn a little in the Agent's presence too, which was never a good sign.

The zombie turned to Clarkson, "As our old friend says, some bodies to raise would be very helpful. I know morality these days is distinctly against it, but needs must, especially when the Queen is mustering her forces"

-Hotel Porter-

What a day this had been. James just couldn't wait to get home to his kids for the night - his wife, less so since her alledgedly involuntary affair with that Incubus. The Ossium fucking Magi were around again, and that was never, ever good. period. On top of that, some overly-official looking agents were hanging around with the Magi, and. oh, goody, now there was a Fairy around as well. Much to James' surprise, she tried to dodge through the lobby, caused one hell of a commotion, and decided to direct her question at him.

"Apologies, I heard something about an offer and I'm just wondering if this is the right place."

James hesitated. He wasn't sure, but he assumed this was something to do with the Magi. "Do you mean the old undead guy in the Lounge?", he asked tentatively?

Lucia entered the lounge and took a seat a cross from Clarkson,listening for now, till she was ether addressed or had something to add beyond 'hit the sight from orbit till nothing is left'

"Sort of," John said, quickly going down the hallway back to the elevator, "The Lich has a guest, and the situation is worse than we thought."

John went past the elevator, and just rushed down the stairs, squeezing past some rather confused and angry women. He slowed down before the lounge, and casually walked in. John looked and saw a... zombie? Most likely, he doubted many Liches were willing to take a subordinate position to anyone.

John grabbed a random seat and sat down, looking around for anything to turn into a gollum.

"Sort of. The Lich has a guest, and the situation is worse than we thought." John said and headed down some crowded stairs.

Roland's dislike for crowds got the better of him and he flew out of a open window and down to the front entrance. This time he wasn't quite as lucky and had to wait for a minute before someone went into the hotel and he could get back inside. He made a quick stop at the receptionist's desk, asking her about the weather and sending the poor girl screaming and running away again, before heading to the lounge, laughing quietly to himself.

"But why, and how would her power end up in Seras?" Theon asked Dominic.

"I'm afraid Theon, I simply do not know." Dominic said, unsure of how such a thing could of happened. He was about to continue, when he was interupted by; although it wasn't Seras that was talking.... Her body glowed with a red aura, similar to the one she displayed whilst on the plane; though the other features of the previous incident didn't appear.

"Perhaps I can answer that question, or at the very least provide some context to the current situation. The question of how Seras has managed to obtain my power, is one that will be answered in due time; werewolf boy." Mileena said as she spoke through Seras. A little smile appeared on Seras's face as she spoke to Theon.

"To think, back in when I was alive, you Werewolves were more... feral, or at least not as capable as you dear Theon. Seras has certainly picked a good looking man to partner up with; so charming as well, both of you certainly do look out for each other." Mileena remarked, giving a girlish giggle. The red aura soon faded, Seras was herself again as she took a gasp of air to recover.

"Sorry about that, last time she gave me a little prior warning, well technically she spoke to me in my mind, but thats besides the point. Did she do anything weird?"

Clarkson looked at Rhingyll.

"Right, because I am going to totally allow the raising of one undead army under control of a Lich to fight another Lich's undead army, and just trust he will give the corpses back," he said, looking straight in the zombie's eye, "There are other ways for dealing with this. How is she equipping this army? Clubs? Swords? Guns? No weapons at all? We need to know what we are up against, and how to respond."

Clarkson saw John walk into the room, but Clarkson was more interested in the bird and the dragon. Least Clarkson could do was not make to hide the fact John was a PIA agent, needed as many people as he could trust. Speaking of which...

"And how do I know your just a double agent, and not a triple agent?" Clarkson asked, eyebrow cocked, "It would be very easy to give us good information, only to lead us into a trap."

-Meanwhile...-

John turned to Clarkson, "An army? You said we are taking down a single Lich."

"Also, how the @#$^ could the zombie be a triple agent?" John said, hoping to distance any preceived relation between the two by appearing a bit incompetent,"How could he keep his orders straight, or be trusted by either side? You don't trust non-humans, do you?"

Meanwhile...

The high command of the of the PIA, EU division sat on her chair, continuing to watch the footage captured from the two vans ("Clarkson, you KNEW one of them was a dragon. Those things aren't free.") She listened to the live feed from the archives department.

(Translated from German) "... The fairy is registered, British citizen, born on the Isle of Mad. Named Paaie Leslie, age 18. Army Cadet for three years before deciding to travel abroad. Been doing various courier jobs before taking an extensive world trips. Fairly well documented upbringing, private school.

Werewolf/class 3 aminmorph is registered, American citizen. Named Theon Versipellis, age 17. No data of employment, little on upbringing, public education.

Ascended mage #2 is unregistered, no known citizenship, no known name besides "Zaheer", no known age, currently suspect Middle Eastern origins or parents, unknown how he bought the plane ticket. Unlikely to find much on his origin's if he is Middle Eastern due to shortage and unreliability of records in the area. Has appeared on our grid as mage list in various places."

"At least we can arrest him for illegal immigration," The director said bitterly. She always liked knowing as much as possible about the people the PIA dealt with.

"Lich is unregistered, Roman Empire citizenship and has held many others including English and American citizenship, age estimated to be between 2130-2145 years old. Has never made much of an appearance on our radar for dangerous activity, second oldest Lich to do so. No known connections to Publius.

The Dragon... well, you will never believe this."

"I just dealt with a spending reports on mind eating lettuce containment," the director said irritated, "I am incapable of being surprised anymore."

"I found records on the platinum dragon, I think she was once human."

"@#$^," She said, "What records did you find?"

"Records of sale, of a family slaves of a French sugar colony," the subordinate said, "There were later records indicating many escaped slaves being recaptured, including the mother, but never the daughter. Still to this day on the island, it is told of a slave girl becoming a monster to free her family from the cruelest of slave drivers. One year before the mother was recaptured, there was also a huge drop in exported sugar crop from the island, and nothing to suggest weather conditions effected crop yields."

"Well, how do we know that story applies to THIS Dragon?" The director said, annoyed.

"1. The vast majority of dragons look caucasian, asian, or central American, none are known of New Zealand origins. 2. The documents of sale noted the little girl has green eyes."

"So, she might of once a human," The director said, pausing the video right as Lucia was transformed into a dragon, "Very interesting..."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked