The Darkest Corners: A Modern Fantasy RP (Interest Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . . . 26 NEXT

Lucius' comment about "talking to Clarkson and John privately," made him take the proceedings more seriously, although he remained in his tired and disinterested outer state. Still, he had become very aware of where his shotgun was, reminding himself the explosive rounds were in the right tube.

"Wait, back up a bit," John said, "I am sorry if this sounds rude, but what are you? What are your powers? Do you just get you power from being around nature or can you control nature itself? And how would your power able to hold against 680 meters per second of wind speed? What is a samsarian?"

John turned back to the Zombie, "You still haven't told us what kind of magical protection she has."

-Clarkson-

Clarkson was increasingly uncomfortable situation. It looked like both the Lich and the zombie knew John and him were PIA agents, other Lich had a giant army they hadn't known about. Now a Samarian comes in, who sort of knows the Lich. He knew she wasn't on the plane, of the 26 other paranormal passengers processed even looked like her. Who is she a pawn for? Still, one thing she said caught his ear.

"Experiments?" Clarkson said, turning to Lucius.

"I am ready to leave too." Theon said as he offered an arm to her. Making sure she had everything, especially the key card for their room, Seras put her arm through Theon's; linking them together and pulling them that bit closer. Seras pulled the door shut as they left, and made a brief stop at her family's suite and knocked on the door. Some shuffling could be heard on the other side, and out came Katie; noticing the Seras and Theon's arms linked, she chuckled, enjoying the moment. Seras couldn't help but smile.

"Hey sis, I take it you and Theon are off to that meeting over at The Ritz now?"

"Yeah we are Katie. Wait, how did you know?" Seras asked, looking somewhat puzzled, which caused Katie to chuckle again.

"That is simple Seras, you weren't keeping your conversation with Terra all that low key." After this not so startling revelation, Seras herself laughed a bit after mentally face palming herself.

"Of course, guess I didn't think that question through. So, beds comfy in here?"

"Yeah they are sis, I almost fell asleep twice there that good. Definitely more comfy than the air plane seats. I shall certainly sleep well tonight. Mom and Dad are busy putting things away at the moment, I'll make sure to inform them of you leaving. Good luck out there sis, hope you travel well." Both sisters soon exchanged a reassuring hug, before Katie shut the door, and the couple soon headed towards the lobby, where they called for a taxi, and were soon on their way towards The Ritz hotel.

Seras accepted his outstretched arm, and pulled him closer to her. She walked towards her family's room, Probably to tell her family where she is going. Theon thought. Katie opened the door, and chuckled at their crossed arms. The conversation between the two sisters was the same as usual, it must be nice to have siblings he thought to himself. "Good luck out there sis, hope you travel well." The sisters then hugged, and after that they continued on their way. They stepped into a cab once they were outside, and headed towards the meeting place.

He placed his hand on Seras, and smiled at her. There was not much more for him to say, he remained quiet for the rest of the trip taking in the sights of London. Once they arrived at the hotel, he once again offered his arm to Seras. "We both need to watch our for each other here, if we don't one of us might snap and hit the lich." He said with an half joking expression.

"We both need to watch our for each other here, if we don't one of us might snap and hit the Lich." Theon said half jokingly as they arrived at The Ritz Hotel. Seras knew that the hotel was renowned for its splendor and design, and she didn't hear wrong; to her this seemed like the sort of place a Lich like Lucius would want to stay at.

"Indeed, no doubt that problems would arise if we were to suddenly lash out." Seras remarked as they headed to the lobby desk, taking in the view of the levels above. A receptionist noticed them and she put on a smile.

"Hello sir, hello madam, and welcome to The Ritz Hotel. Are you looking for a room to stay in, or is there something else I can help you with today?"

"You couldn't direct myself and my friend here to the lounge please? We were told to come here for a meeting." Seras asked politely.

"Ah yes, several other individuals have been called here for a similar purpose. If you just follow that corridor down, you can't miss it." The reception responded with, leaning slightly over the desk to direct them to a corridor on her left. Seras smiled in response before she headed that way with Theon in tow.

"Looks like several of the others from the plane have already arrived. Hope we haven't missed much." Seras remarked as they entered the lounge. She saw the two officers, John and Clarkson; Pegs, Lucia, and Lucius himself. However she hadn't recognized two others that were in the room. One of them looked like a zombie from an old horror film, whilst another was a lady with light blue skin wearing a hooded outfit and carrying some kind of staff with strange runic writing. Seras coughed to show their arrival.

"Hello all, sorry for arriving late, there was some private business we needed to take care of first. Have we missed much? And just who are these two who are also joining us today?" Seras asked as both she and Theon took a seat, referring to the other undead and the blue skinned lady.

"I am sorry if this sounds rude, but what are you? What are your powers? Do you just get you power from being around nature or can you control nature itself? And how would your power able to hold against 680 meters per second of wind speed? What is a samsarian?" one of the people in the Lounge asked, one question after another. Fiona tried to answer the first question as it came, but they came in such rapid succession that she eventually just resolved to wait until he finished before trying to answer.

When he finally did, Fiona opened her mouth to answer, when another of the people spoke up. "Experiments?" he asked, a sub-textual "What" implied. Fiona narrowed her eyes at the second person, before adding "Is that all the questions or shall I keep waiting?" - a rhetorical question. Before anyone could add anything else, she began answering the questions.

Turning her attention to the first inquisitor (OOC: John), she said "I'm a Samasarian. We're a species - sort of - where every time we die, we're reborn to another human or humanoid; living in a constant cycle of reincarnation. We remember our previous lives - to a point at least - and we remain mostly consistent in our appearance over cycles. Aside from the reincarnation and memories of the past, I can... oh what's the word... "direct" the natural order." she said, answering to the best of her ability the first two questions. Explaining her nature magic was always a difficult prospect. The short lived minds always had difficulties comprehending nature in the ways required.

"The powers aren't really "mine", but that's difficult to explain. What are those devices you humans ride around in? Carriages?." she said, not remembering the term precisely. "It's something like that - I don't have the power, I just direct it. I need nature to be present to direct it, but-" she said, turning to look up at the ceiling. She muttered a word under her breath, and from the rafters a tiny spider descended, gripping onto its silk thread loosely. "-nature is everywhere if you look for it."

"I just ask nature to do something that it wants to do, and most times it responds." she said, trying to explain how the power worked. It was a lot more complicated then that simple description, but the short-sighted humans were hardly equipped to understand the complexity of nature. Moving on to the next question, she took a breath and began to explain. "I can ask nature to direct the wind - creating a pocket of slow moving air around the passengers or maybe a wind from behind us that cancels out the force that would press against us. There are a number of ways it could be done, I'd need to see which one nature prefers."

With all of the first persons inquiries complete, she turned to the second inquisitor to answer the much easier question of the Lich. "Liches are wizards who spend enormous amounts of time and resources putting their soul into an object to make themselves immortal. It can takes decades of study to create the formula to be reborn as a Lich, not to mention the material costs. Very few people have the dedication to become a Lich for the fun of it. Not even the desire to live forever is enough most times. Instead, it's usually from a desire to explore something to a depth that cannot be completed in one lifetime. This implies an obsession with something - usually something magical given the magic required to become a Lich. And, if they want to study something, then it's only human nature to try and make an experiment to test it." she said, ending her monologue and catching her breath.

-Lucius-

Lucius had been trying to find a way to deal with the samsarian's 'experiment' jibe, let alone the agent's responses to it. Thankfully, she picked up the slack and explained what she had meant, which made his life easier. He didn't really want to explain anything about the Nexus, if he could avoid it - It was best held back for future use (Of course, he had designs on what use that might be). Instead of replying, he turned to Castoria, intrigued as to whether it was the same one. "I knew a Castoira - I don't recall the Praenomen, I'm afraid, In the Empire. She was a samsarian, so it seems unlikely to be a different one - You're rather rare, aren't you. Very much a druid, all natural magic and all that", Lucius thought back well into his pre-Lich days, when he'd met this Druid, "I was still mortal back then."

Messages fired into his head, in various states of irritation, from the other passengers. He relayed his understanding to the group. "The Succubus isn't coming, until the other mage wakes up. I don't really know why he's sleeping right now. The dhamphir and the werewolf - odd couple - Are on their way. No other replies.", Lucius was secretly glad the Lamia wasn't coming - he wasn't the biggest fan of them. Helpfully, at this point, the latter two arrived. Lucius looked up at them and explained what had happened so far, and awaited further input.

-Rhingyll-

Rhingyll wondered whether these agents seriously thought the Queen would actually tell even him her personal protection. Mortals were slow, sometimes. "Seriously, Agent? After all your training, you think someone that old and paranoid would tell anyone her personal protection?" The zombie shook his head slightly. Thankfully, everyone was now here - maybe they could actually set off soon.

Lucia rolled her eyes, since the conversation stalled and she didn't care even the slightest about how the blue person knew the Litch, she puled out her ipod "If you try and get my attention with telepathy again, I'm blasting you" she said rather casually, to the Litch as she put the ear buds in and started scrolling for a song to listen to when something caught her eye in the direction of the door, spotting the pair, but kept scrolling for a song.

"...You're rather rare, aren't you. Very much a druid, all natural magic and all that."

Fiona stared at the Lich, trying to figure out what he looked like as a mortal, but the memory still wasn't coming back. "I'm the only Castoira Samasarian I'm aware of. There are only 100 of us, so I doubt it could have been anyone other then me. That said, Rome was four lifetimes ago - its too many lives ago for my kind to remember events clearly." she said, annoyed at how much time had passed. "You look vaguely familiar though... did you go by the name Lucius back then as well?" she added, trying to find some spark to her old memory.

John mentally sighed.

"She's one of those..." He thought.

Nature spirits always the more annoying things to do with. Keeping nature a sacred thing, something to be obeyed and never tarnished, mentally assuming that they are never in control of their fate, of their lives. Every time he had tried scientifically proved that their powers either just draw the latent solar power biologically stored in all the things around them or had direct control of things themselves, the "commands" they are getting is either another sentient being or just in their heads, only resulted in another near death experience. John was not sure if the zombie or the Samasarian would be more of baggage on this mission.

"Your telling me," John turning to the zombie, "You been scheming against your Queen fordecades, if not centuries. Yet you never, not even once tried to figure out what she is defending herself with? Never sneak away with her extra notes? Never even trying get somebody to assassinate her just to see what runes would be tripped? What kind of second in command are you?"

-Clarkson-

Clarkson saw Lucius' brief moment of discomfort before the Samasarian clarified her statement, but decided to say nothing. Clarkson had to do a double take at John's statement, mind going through the implications of his last question. Still, it looked like it was starting to get out of hand. While Clarkson really wanted to just punch the zombie in the face at the moment, their was another undead that needed to be taken care of, and didn't want John to blow apart Rhingyll out of frustration while the zombie was still useful.

"Hold it," Clarkson said in a commanding voice, "STOP. We cannot fight Azehla while fighting each other. We are all tired, it's been a very long day. We will have plenty of time to talk tomorrow on the train. Right now is not the time to try to restate everything that was said in the last..." Clarkson looked down at his watch, "two hours to our newcomers. Let us all get a good night rest, so we all can be a bit more civil around each other."

In truth, Clarkson wasn't tired at all, but could see John's spell was losing it's effects and fast. He needed somebody else besides him when talking to the Lich.

-Rhingyll-

Rhingyll glared at John. This guy seriously had no idea how paranoid Liches could be, especially when they knew old enemies were somewhere around. "Plotting, yes, but I didn't really want to give my cause away by causing her suspicion. The only reason I could get here is because she thinks I'm spying for her! I concur with the idea of rest, I ought to be getting back to Wales...", Rhingyll took a stone out of his pocket, and whispered something welsh at it, promptly disappearing from the Ritz.

-Lucius-

The samsarian intruiged Lucius. Had she been studying history in Alexandria when he'd visited? "Lucius Cassius Imperiosus son of Servius, was my name back then, among myriad titles. I get the feeling I might have met you in the Great Library. Anyways, I suppose we ought to continue this later, people are getting restless, and I must speak with the two humans before they fall asleep on me.", Lucius smiled, and looked around the room, "We will continue this at 0830 tomorrow, I believe breakfast starts at 0730, so you can eat beforehand, if you will. Good Night"

Lucius gestured to John and Clarkson, motioning towards the small antechamber affixed to the Lounge. "If you will?"

Lucia gave up trying to find a song, nothing she had sound good to her at the moment, not that it mattered, the meeting was dismissed, so she got up and headed out of the Ritz, taking a different rout back to her hotel then the one she'd taken to get there, bound and determined to get SOME enjoyment out of this outing, since things where not turning out as planned.

John glared a bit at the place where the zombie had teleported away, before grabbing his bag and following the Lich. John pushed as much alertness as he could in his rapidly fatiguing state, dispelling the chair golem as he walked past it. "What the @#$% does the Lich want with us?" John thought, putting his mind intro fortress mode/

-Clarkson-

Clarkson quickly checked that the recording device was still working, kept a hand near his Iron knife and the side arm. Clarkson followed John in, a wizard would be better at preventing any kind of mind control spell than a normal human would. Clarkson looked around the antechamber, keeping a note on where every single object was.

"What do you want?" Clarkson said, hoping to get straight to the point.

Seras listened to the explanation that Lucius gave regarding the current state the matter involving Arzhela; this was the most civil she had seen the Lich being. From what he told her, was that Arzhela was busy gathering an army together, and currently stood one thousand strong which comprised mostly of zombies and skeletons and a few demons for good measure.

The undead that was with them was called Rhingyll, who was acting as a double agent, serving under Arzhela as a cover to obtain information. Seras was a little sceptical of him, seeing how his loyalty to Lucius may just be a ruse, but she would push that matter back for now at least. Whereas the blue skinned woman was called Fiona Dubois, a Samasarian, which was apparently some kind of nature spirit or mage, whose race somehow possessed the ability to reincarnate; Seras had never really heard of anything like her before, and was intrigued about her. However, there was more important things at the moment.

"We will continue this at 0830 tomorrow, I believe breakfast starts at 0730, so you can eat beforehand, if you will. Good Night." Lucius said, and people began to leave. Seras and Theon stood up from their seats and made their way back along the corridor, stopping part way through.

"I wonder if we'll still be able to visit Terra at the hospital. Do you think I should call her? See if visiting hours are still open." She asked Theon.

-Lucius-

Once the two PIA agents had entered the room, the door closed, Lucius took a seat, and surveyed the pair for a couple of seconds. Happy that they weren't going to try and kill him - at least yet - he began speaking, "So, you may have guessed, the Archives I keep mentioning in the north of wales are mine", He watched their faces, trying to determine whether they'd worked this out already, "I know for a fact that your organisation - Rhingyll informs me you're PIA - would be very interested in some of the contents. Do you think we can strike a bargain, for it, or shall I set my nexus to kill you if you try to take anything?"

Lucius reclined in his chair, watching the agents for any particular reactions, before adding another point - one which he imagined might surprise them, "Actually, I'd be interested in joining this organisation of yours - what does it take?"

Roland had slept through most of the meeting, head hidden under one wing and oblivious to what was going on around him. He woke up again when the meeting was over and everyone had either left or was leaving.

He saw the lich close the door to another room and caught a glimpse of the other agent in there as well. Roland knew quite well that this might not be the best idea but his curiosity got the better of him. Making sure that the lounge was mostly empty he flew over to the door and, perching on top of the door frame, tried to listen what the agent and lich were talking about.

Lucia wandered the streets, taking in the sights of London at night for a few hours before heading back to her hotel, where she just went to bed to get ready for tomorrows events

"Lucius Cassius Imperiosus son of Servius, was my name back then, among myriad titles. I get the feeling I might have met you in the Great Library. Anyways, I suppose we ought to continue this later, people are getting restless, and I must speak with the two humans before they fall asleep on me." The Lich said.

Now that was familiar. She could remember her days in the libraries of the ancient world; with years spent searching the written records of the world for hints to her - and her species - origin. The years had been quite wasteful in the end; she'd managed to narrow down their conception to sometime in the Old Kingdom of Egypt, but little else. No hints of what they were for, no secrets of their race, no magical formula to grant themselves now abilities. Nothing but a rough, several thousand year long time period in one of the oldest civilizations in the world: all but useless.

The name Imperious however; that struck a memory. In her long years in the Empire, she'd met many a young mage, searching for great hidden secrets. One such boy - of the name Imperious - was a particularly avid learner. He'd spent hours on the library, about as many as she had. She had known he was a mage, but she'd never expected him to become a Lich. Fiona found herself wishing she'd realized his potential back then; perhaps they might have worked together toward their mutual goals.

"C'est la Vie" Fiona muttered to herself as she left the lounge and made her way upstairs and to her room. There, she would call the PIA - if she could figure out the phone - give them their report, and get some rest. Even immortal creatures need rest.

Seras responded with "Indeed, no doubt that problems would arise if we were to suddenly lash out." It seemed they would both have to watch over each other. Seras went to the lobby, he glanced around the room. He looked back at her, once she appeared to be done asking directions. "Looks like several of the others from the plane have already arrived. Hope we haven't missed much." He nodded and followed her. He focused and took in the smell of the people in the room, not all of them were familiar. Suddenly he grabbed his nose, quickly shutting it once he smelled the zombie. The smell was terrible, and he decided not to remove his hand any time soon.

Lucis walked over to them, and began explaining what they had discussed. He listened carefully, making sure not to miss anything the lich said. Tensions seemed to be running high around the zombie, and then Clarkson tried to calm everyone down. It seemed John was busy working himself up again, no doubt he would have another panic attack soon."We will continue this at 08:30 tomorrow, I believe breakfast starts at 07:30, so you can eat beforehand, if you will. Good Night." He nodded, he didn't mind not having to stay near the zombie any longer. His skin began to crawl, he had to shape shift and soon. The crawling turned to itching, which would turn to all kinds of strange things.

He followed Seras outside, his hands moving all over each other scratching. "I wonder if we'll still be able to visit Terra at the hospital. Do you think I should call her? See if visiting hours are still open." He stopped itching and nodded. "Yes I think that would be best, though we aren't taking another taxi today. Wherever we are going next, I am going to take you there," he said smiling, as he placed a hand around her. The itching seemed to calm down when he was close to Seras, but he still really felt like changing.

...That was boring. Couldn't the Liches have a great battle of might and magic somewhere else? She had been to Fishguard on a family holiday once and decided that Wales was alright. To be fair though, having the battle in the rest of the United Kingdom or even the Arctic would spell trouble for someone or other. Why not space? Still a free room at the Ritz was no joke and maybe she could find a way to slip out of this mess. Perhaps Lucia could help her with that? However that was something to worry about for another day. Pegs soon slipped into the snug bed, and dreamt about future adventures about the world.

"Yes I think that would be best, though we aren't taking another taxi today. Wherever we are going next, I am going to take you there." Theon said in response as he stopped scratching himself for some reason before nodding in agreement with Seras's suggestion He then put an arm around Seras which pulled them close. Seras smiled, as she could see the gears in Theon's head turning, seeing what he was planning.

"I see, take it your itching to do some shape-shifting then Theon. Well, once I've called Terra and see if its okay to visit her, you can do what you want." Seras said before kissing the back of Theon's neck. She then grabbed her phone from her bag and began dialling.

"Hope we are not interrupting anything important." Seras remarked as she scrolled down the contact list and highlighted Terra's name and hit the dial button.

Clarkson had trained for many scenarios, gone through many combat and diplomatic actions, had to write plans for Class A end of the world scenarios. This isn't something to expect. A potential target come flat out and stating a desire to join the PIA. The Lich should be powerful, can he be trusted? Should he say anything, deny everything? Tell him no? Paranormal resources wasn't his department, Clarkson is a front line agent, he doesn't even know...

-John-

John burst out laughing, breaking down and grabbing his gut. Everything that has happened today was suddenly worth it. Lucius seriously thinks he can walk into the PIA to be accepted? HIM?

"You really think," John said between laughing bursts, "That the PIA would ever accept YOU? An arrogant, selfish, power monger? Somebody respects the command of nobody but himself, that has just today, has had dealings with human hating vampire lords, stollen detained witnesses, indirectly caused a near crash of Trans-Alantic passenger jet, tried to form an illegal Lich hunting group, set us up in a building with who knows how many potential spies, and has constantly taken every single attempt to get command of this situation? HAHAHA!"

At this point, John fell off his chair from laughing, "You even think some field agents would have any sway on recruitment, or that you can just go, get an application, and go to an interview for this organization? HAHAHA!"

-Location Unknown-

A table, with thirteen seats and thirteen beings sitting at those seats. They listen to Lucius and John's conversation, some moving with irritation when John laughed, but for now, remain silent.

"So," Said 4, "Shall we even consider Lucius's interest?"

"He has some another motive," Said 12.

"Of course he does," Said 3, "But the power he wields, we don't have that many agents that could match outright immortality, let alone his magical abilities."

"What magical abilities?" Said 7, "All we know he has done was teleport 40 feet, break out of some light prison, and melt iron nails. John, Fionia, Conchao, Bai Zhi, and several others could all match that power level, and have specialized in a few fields. We all know immortality isn't that special, nor is it always a good thing."

"You also have a problem of loyalty," Said 8, "Two thousand years of loving himself makes deprograming him into an agent will basically be impossible."

"He views himself above humans," Said 10, "How can he possibly side with humans?"

"He once was human," 11 added, "We have brought in beings just as old before. Fiona has been nothing but tortured, neglected, and burned by mankind, yet she was willing to join us."

"After being born to a caring mother," 7 said, "A lucky break for us."

"She can be used to make Lucius view himself as a human," 2 joined in, "They know each other, she could bring him down from that high horse."

"Or fail," 13 said, "And bring us all down. If we don't hire him, can we let him go free? He knows to much."

"How many more agents do you want to die hunting down another Lich?" 9 said, "You know how hard to cover up our last attack on Arzehla took?"

"Who says we need to decide now?" 1 said, "Let's see how this goes."

Lucia tossed and turned, unable to get to sleep, Fromanzio's presence had drug up many unpleasant memory's, memory's that her now idle mind seemed keen on settling on. Instead of trying to get to sleep, she got dressed again and headed back down to the lobby, asking the receptionist about any nearby parks. The receptionist didn't have an answer, they weren't really close to any parks. Lucia signed, thanked him and left out the front, waited for some cars to pass then walked out into the middle of the road and transformed back to her dragon form, causing the receptionist in side to jump in surprise.

Lucia lifted off to pavement and up above the roof tops, then just picked a direction, coming quickly to a park that was right by the London River, she landed and walked over to the river side and sat and stared, still in dragon form.

-Lucius-

The agents had reacted differently - very differently. Clarkson had barely reacted, as Lucius would expect any well trained agent not too, but he'd been quite taken aback by John's reaction. Through the torrent of laughter and not-veiled insults though, Lucius spotted a few points he'd been looking for. Firstly, John had fully acknowledged he was part of the PIA; Secondly, he'd come down - very firmly - as not being even remotely allied; and Thirdly - most importantly - Lucius had caught the slightest hint, a tiny glimmer, of a magical connection to John. They were being monitored, and he doubted John even realised. Lucius waited for John to calm down, before answering, calmly as ever, "Yes, I'm aware that an underling like yourself will have no sway in recruitment. However, if the PIA is even nearly as well run as the Magicae Hendrerit back in the Empire, your superiors - maybe even the leaders - will be monitoring every agent in the field, especially one working with so many powerful paranormals as you are", Lucius paused, letting John work out that this was no passing fancy, "And I would imagine that they will see the potential in my offer. Full access to my archives - Tomes, Magic items, a few artifacts, some very well constructed magic technology - In return for my unconditional induction into your organisation - memories intact - A lifetime of loyalty", Lucius paused for effect, "Which is a long time, for me."

-Rhingyll-

Rhingyll re-materialised in his quarters in his Queen's compound, as he'd known he would. Everything was going perfectly, up to this point, but now he had to persuade her to co-operate - she must never realise his true allegiance. The zombie walked out of his quarters, towards the briefing room, knowing that the Queen would be there, waiting. The walk seemed to take hours, as thoughts ran through his head. What should he tell her? What did she already know? How could he make her see the light?

Terra

Terra was still seated in the hospital, but now in a private room for Richard - a P.I.A. string pull no doubt. The other Richard had left some time ago, giving her some time to "think the proposal over" - not that she planned on rethinking her decision for a while. Richard's sister had stopped by after finally extracting herself from the police questioning at the airport. Now, she was asleep in a chair on the other side of the room.

She'd felt the silent buzz of a text a a while ago, but had let it be. They had been moving Richard to the new room at the time and so she'd not remembered it at all. This memory was recalled however as her phone began to buzz again, this time in the form of a call.

Terra pulled the cell from her pocket and opened it. She figured it would either be Seras or Theon. She was right.

"Hello Seras" Terra offered, not really sure what else to say for the moment.

"Hello Seras." Was all that Terra said on the other end of the phone, she sounded as though she had just woken up.

"Hey Terra, just thought I'd call in to say that the meeting has been adjourned for now at the very least, and also to see how you yourself were handling. Also, me and Theon were just wondering whether or not it was still possible for us to come visit you at the Hospital; or have visiting hours ended for the day?" Seras asked, hoping Terra would appreciate the company, or at least thought it was a kind enough gesture.

Terra

"...Also, me and Theon were just wondering whether or not it was still possible for us to come visit you at the Hospital; or have visiting hours ended for the day?" Seras said, explaining her reason for calling. Even though Seras couldn't see her, Terra shook her head on instinct. "I don't think visiting hours are still open; I'm honestly surprised they haven't asked me to leave. I guess that warning from The Roman was taken seriously. I think the Hospital Cafeteria will still be open for a few more hours so I can meet you there?" she said, offering the alternative.

"I don't think visiting hours are still open; I'm honestly surprised they haven't asked me to leave. I guess that warning from The Roman was taken seriously. I think the Hospital Cafeteria will still be open for a few more hours so I can meet you there?"

"Sounds like The Roman has quite the influence on people, or perhaps he saw the connection the two of you have, and figured that is was something that shouldn't be broken. In any case, the Hospital Cafeteria sounds fine, some place thats quite and relaxing, and offers a chance to talk. We shouldn't be too long Terra. Hope to see you soon. Bye." Seras said before ending the call and placing the phone back in her bag. She then turned to Theon who she was still wrapped around.

"Looks like we'll able to visit her after all Theon. Though it'll be at the Cafeteria rather than the room Richard is in, which makes sense, patient safety and all that. So, how exactly are you going to get us there?" Seras said with a smile.

Terra

Terra said her goodbyes and hung up the phone. Realizing she hadn't eaten all day, she decided to head down to the cafeteria early to get a meal as soon as possible. It was a touch sad that the first meal she was going to have in another country was in a hospital, but she tried not to dwell on it; nothing good could come from the line of thought.

Terra stood up and stretched, then walked over to Richard's sister; placing a blanket over her to keep her warm. She moved over to Richard himself, doing much the same. She kissed his forehead saying "Please come back soon love.", then walked out into the hall to find her way to the food court.

"I see, take it your itching to do some shape-shifting then Theon. Well, once I've called Terra and see if its okay to visit her, you can do what you want." Seras said before kissing his neck. As usual she could see right through him, not that he minded though. He focused and changed his ears a bit, he was very worried about Terra and wanted to hear how she was doing. "Hello Seras" Terra sounded tired. He listened to the rest of the conversation, and was happy to hear they could still visit Terra.

Seras hung up when the call was finished, and looked at him and then spoke with an smile. "Looks like we'll able to visit her after all Theon. Though it'll be at the Cafeteria rather than the room Richard is in, which makes sense, patient safety and all that. So, how exactly are you going to get us there?" A smile appeared on his face as well. "I am happy to hear that, I am sure she could use some support right now. And don't worry Seras, I will take you there in style." Theon had a mischievous look on his face, he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. He then seemed to fall apart, reverting to his temporary liquid state. He could change right away, but that would rip his clothes apart.

The liquid poured out of the clothes, and began to grow. Wings and claws appeared, quickly followed by a head and feathers. This was one of Theon's favorite forms, and while it would draw attention it wasn't something completely ridiculous. Within a couple of seconds a large gryphon formed, the gryphon looked at Seras with what could be described as a birds smug face. Theon lifted one of his claws, and grabbed his clothes. He then offered the other to Seras, as a stepping stone to get on his back.

John calmed down. "Well, if you really think that is enough... again, not our department. Maybe, just maybe... they will let you on. However, remember this. There are more than one way to get those archives, and ways to get you out of the way if your seen as a liability than as an asset. Yes, of course your being monitored. Now, very, very closely. Tread carefully, Lucius."

Without another word, John got up and left the room. The still shocked Clarkson followed, debating weather to yell at John, beat John to a bloody pulp, or try to sort out what John is doing. Clarkson went with the latter.

John went to pick up Roland from his nap, only to see the bird wasn't on the chair anymore...

-A bit earlier...-

A plumbing van sat on the opposite side and about half a block away from the building. Nobody noticed the lasers being pointed at various windows to the Ritz from a cheesy "hardhat" on the top of the van (mostly because they were invisible). Agent Shigtet moved one laser to another window, adjusting his headset.

"The Fairy is in 214," Agent Shigtet said to his partner, "The werewolf and the half-vampire are staying at a different hotel. Fiona is in 423, sadly she is on the other street. Now where is that Drag-"

At this point, Lucia stepped out and took flight.

"Dragon is heading Do East," Shigtet said to his radio, "Appears to be alone. I repeat, Dragon is flying East."

-A little Later-

Sally put on her boots, threw on a coat, and checked her Iphone. Her superiors seamed rather dead set on recruiting this dragon. They gave her the job of talking to the giant monster who may of been a beaten slave and may or may not have a burning hatred for all of humanity, or may look on her for a snack. Sally smiled when she checked the directions.

The dragon was at London river, on a little park area next to County Hall (still in dragon form, apparently scared the crap out of a lot of people). Sally scouted the area using Google Maps, seeing a tree that had some thick looking branches. Sally closed her eyes, concentrating her magic on the Google image, "Taktu mig burtu."

Sally felt her self taken away from her Yorkshire home, through the power cables and internet connections, to the branches of an oak tree. Sally looked around. The sight of London at night was beautiful as ever. What caught Sally's eye was the elegant form of Lucia, both intimidating and beautiful. She hadn't expected to be teleported this close to the dragon.

"Beautiful night, isn't it?" Sally said, swinging her legs while sitting on the branch.

"I am happy to hear that, I am sure she could use some support right now. And don't worry Seras, I will take you there in style." Theon had that mischievous look on his face, similar to a child as he spoke; he then gave Seras a quick kiss on the cheek, then literally fell apart, changing into a liquid like state. Seras wanted to touch the liquid, wanting to feel Theon in his most basic form, but didn't fearing that it may cause problems.

The liquid soon began to take shape after pouring out of the clothes. Wings and claws soon appeared, which was proceeded by a head and an array of feathers. Seras could see what was taking shape in front of her, a majestic Gryphon. With one of its claws, it grabbed Theon's clothes, whilst it offered another to Seras, acting as a stepping stone onto its back. Seras noticed the rather smug looking expression on his face, showing that deep down, it was still Theon in there.

"Well aren't you handsome." Seras remarked with a cheeky smile as she walked around to the front of Theon, a look of amazement on her face at the sight that was presented before her. She gently ran a hand across the feathers and fur, noticing how soft they were, which made her feel warm inside.

"I must say Theon, this is beautiful." Seras said as she kissed the beak, before stepping onto the offered claw, and gently climbing onto his back, taking another moment to feel the softness of the fur. She soon found a means to hold on for the eventual journey.

"You can go whenever your ready."

Roland had been able to overhear most of the conversation going on in the next room but didn't understand a lot of it. He was wondering what the PIA might be, some secret agency or something like that it seemed, when the doors opened and the two agents walked out.

Roland stayed frozen above the door, trying to be as small and as quiet as possible. The agents and the lich probably wouldn't appreciate him spying on them.

"Beautiful night, isn't it?"

Lucia turned to see a person, sitting in a tree. she was some what surprised to see some one come up to her, let alone talk to her, usually her dragon form was enough to keep people away when she didn't wanna be bothered.

"Yeah, Jade doesn't have nights like this, but then the 'beauty' of Jade is more an acquired taste" Lucia decided to roll with it. "So, what brings you to a park with one dragon in it and another one monitoring from a roof top" Lucia pointing toward a building with her 'thumb' claw.

"Well aren't you handsome." Seras said with a smile as she walked around him. She a looked amazed, hecould feel Seras running her hands through his feathers. He could feel the love she felt for him, and respond in kind by sharing his feelings through the link.

"I must say Theon, this is beautiful." Seras said as she kissed his beak. She then stepped on his claw, and gently climbed on his back. "You can go whenever your ready." Theon opened his beak and let out a loud chirp, before flapping his wings and flying off.

He ascended slowly though, not wanting to scare Seras. "Am I going to fast for you Seras?" he asked her mentally, sounding a bit worried. He then flapped his wings again, and began heading towards the hospital.

-John-

"Roland?" John said, looking under a table, "Where did that bird go? ROLAND? Must of went to the room..."

John grabbed his backpack, taking the elevator to his room. John stepped into his room, put the bag down (making sure the shotgun's safety was on, and it was pointed at a wall), took his revolver and the grenades off (also making sure safeties were one and pointed at the wall), set the alarm to 7:30 then just collapsed on the bed, not even caring how cold it was from the open window.

-Sally-

Sally turned to where Lucia pointed, seeing an agent duck down. Sally knew another PIA agent was observing from a dark room from across the river, she wasn't entirely which one though.

"I will get right to it," Sally said, turned to Lucia, "The people I work for have taken an interest in you."

"Humans haven't always been like this," Sally said, waving her arm around to the lights of the city, "We used to cower in the dark, afraid of the things that lied within. Only a tiny amount of us were gifted with magic. Most of the ones that are think they are superior beings as well. So many of the rest of us have been looked on as play things, meals... slaves. We were not equals, we were rats."

"It has taken us thousands of years to get to where we are," Sally continued, wrapping her arms around her legs, thoughts slipping into memories, "To the point where we can actually be respected by some of the other sentient creatures that exist in this universe."

Sally turned to Lucia, "Many people have died to get us where we are. Still, we still are not able to stand up to many things that are out there without resorting to... extreme measures. You, of the highest order of dragons, could save many lives from being lost, and help us just have peace."

-Clarkson-

Sitting in a pub, one head on forehead, the other on a mug, Clarkson looked down on the drink he so desperately needed.

"What the @#$^ have I gotten myself into?"

Pages PREV 1 . . . 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or