The Darkest Corners: A Modern Fantasy RP (Interest Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 26 NEXT

hiei82:
le'snip

I may have gone on a bit long with it, but essentially he has only taken the time to learn to transform into humans. Though, he does have the potential to learn more.

hiei82:

Not G. Ivingname:
John T. Hardin

Not gonna lie; I started reading this character on neutral, hit Technomage and thought "this is silly", then by the time I reached the bottom I was smiling at all the awesomeness in contained.

The desire to see you making Golems out of everyday objects was perhaps the best ("I attack the demon with a toaster golem!")

ACCEPTED with great gusto.

Hey, this is a modern fantasy, and I am just bringing modern elements into fantasy.

drmigit2:

hiei82:
le'snip

I may have gone on a bit long with it, but essentially he has only taken the time to learn to transform into humans. Though, he does have the potential to learn more.

Gotcha. Okay, understood. I will make a small note of it in the shape-shifting section when I move the character to the character list so it's clear.

hiei82:
snip

:) glad you liked her.

as far as what she knows. she more or less knows what every one else does, though weather she can go "oi, you are a succubus" while looking at Terra is debatable she knows non humans are in the world with humans (hence why the reopened borders), so won't be surprised by seeing one walking down the street.

and that in mind >.> she wouldn't take a plane, not when she can literally fly circles around the the thing. but for the sake of meting up, hows 'she still got to got the immigration, so she has to go to the air port anyway' sound?

it'd put her in the same place as every one else

Oooor maybe she doesn't want to attract too much attention in a world explicitly run by the baddest eldritch bullies on the block?

Fear him! :D

Edit: fixed a few typos.

I just imagine him and Richard working together.

On a bad day, Richard can get kinda ruthless himself.

That... would be bad.

o.0

know what? i think i like Roland already

Lunar Templar:
o.0

That's always encouraging to hear :D

Cybele:

Lunar Templar:
o.0

That's always encouraging to hear :D

well, if Hiei wants original, and potentially interesting character interactions, a talking poisonous woodpecker fits that bill. i personally see no way having him around won't be amusing in some way or anther

Cybele:
Snip

Wow, that really is an unique and interesting character (more than some of the characters, Mach 20 dragon, I am looking at you), although I do wonder, how are you going to interact with the rest of the cast, or contribute in a fight against anything that is immune to poison or has skin thicker/harder than your beak.

Not G. Ivingname:

Wow, that really is an unique and interesting character (more than some of the characters, Mach 20 dragon, I am looking at you), although I do wonder, how are you going to interact with the rest of the cast, or contribute in a fight against anything that is immune to poison or has skin thicker/harder than your beak.

He can still talk. A talking woodpecker! Should have made that clear in the sheet. Oh well. And I didn't intend him to be all that useful in combat, we have the dragon and mages for that. He'll stick to the sideline and yell encouragements! Morale is important you know :p Or attack the weak points for massive damage (like eyes).

Cybele:

Not G. Ivingname:

He can still talk. A talking woodpecker! Should have made that clear in the sheet. Oh well. And I didn't intend him to be all that useful in combat, we have the dragon and mages for that. He'll stick to the sideline and yell encouragements! Morale is important you know :p Or attack the weak points for massive damage (like eyes).

Oh, may I suggest you add "can still talk" to the power list. Even if a real bird knew English and had the intelligence to speak, all birds (barring a parrot) don't have the throats, lungs, or vocal cords to speak with.

Not G. Ivingname:

Oh, may I suggest you add "can still talk" to the power list. Even if a real bird knew English and had the intelligence to speak, all birds (barring a parrot) don't have the throats, lungs, or vocal cords to speak with.

Makes sense. Added it to the list. Thanks. :)

Mages aren't ALWAYS so powerful, it's just the other guy decided to be Ascended too. I allowed it because I like sharing my lore, but I'm gonna enforce the strict limits Ascended have.

Not G. Ivingname:
snip

:p you forget, she can both survive in space, and get there on her own. let's see you 'flamethrower gameboy' do that.

Lunar Templar:

Not G. Ivingname:
snip

:p you forget, she can both survive in space, and get there on her own. let's see you 'flamethrower gameboy' do that.

I don't doubt your character is powerful, I just said I didn't think your character was interesting.

It becomings increasingly harder and harder the more powerful you make a character to keep that character interesting or prevent them from slipping into God Mode Sue and just sneezing the problems they face away.

A man cursed to be a woodpecker for past misdeeds, weak and helpless in a magical world filled with magical beings and elderich horrors that are just so much bigger than him? There is drama, integral character conflict, a path for character growth via redemption, and just so much potential in that idea. My character is a new breed, trending a bit to fast into an unknown area of magic while most sane wizards hold fast to old ideas for the dangerous path I pursue, with conflict of the nature of his magical self, and the job often subduing magical things in favor of a mortal world. Then you have Elite Super Platinium Dragon that can fly in space, which can INCINERATE any beings she happens to flies past (going Mach 20 in the lower atmosphere causes EXTREME amounts of air friction, causing extreme amounts of heat, flash melting just about anything that is close to an object going that fast). Even though John is a wizard, he is still human, with thin flesh able to be killed with even by the simplest muggle means.

Why do you need to concern yourself with the world of men?. What character conflicts does she have from the start?
Where do you plan to take her? How can someone best her without being Ultra Elite Super Diamond Dragon? Why do you need a character who can achieve space travel in a setting set on Earth? I am just saying these are things you need to long and hard about. Your walking a fine line, on the tip of Godhood, which can be an easy fall to make. Above all, ask yourself this:

How will you make your character interesting?

Not G. Ivingname:

I don't doubt your character is powerful, I just said I didn't think your character was interesting.

She is, its what her brood was made for, like how Coppers have wings that can reflect magics, thus 'power' has little to do with it. (long story short; the dragon broods where created by a now extinct race and there are four broods, Iron, Copper, Gold, and Platinum)

It becoming increasingly harder and harder the more powerful you make a character to keep that character interesting or prevent them from slipping into God Mode Sue and just sneezing the problems they face away.

funny, she's really not that powerful, and i shall explain why, so yeah, that bit about 'how bad do you want that answer', you no long getta choice (and I'm done farming mats to sell for gold in Vin for now)

A man cursed to be a woodpecker for past misdeeds, weak and helpless in a magical world filled with magical beings and elderich horrors that are just so much bigger than him? There is drama, integral character conflict, a path for character growth via redemption, and just so much potential in that idea. My character is a new breed, trending a bit to fast into an unknown area of magic while most sane wizards hold fast to old ideas for the dangerous path I pursue, with conflict of the nature of his magical self, and the job often subduing magical things in favor of a mortal world. Then you have Elite Super Platinium Dragon that can fly in space, which can INCINERATE any beings she happens to flies past (going Mach 20 in the lower atmosphere causes EXTREME amounts of air friction, causing extreme amounts of heat, flash melting just about anything that is close to an object going that fast). Even though John is a wizard, he is still human, with thin flesh able to be killed with even by the simplest muggle means.

lets back up a second.

just because she CAN hit 20 times the speed of sound, doesn't mean she WILL. HUGE difference there. much like the top end speed in you car/bike/truck, just cause you CAN do 140 MPH, doesn't mean your going to have an opportunity to, let alone the need. i listed it as her top speed because the racial average for her brood is sub light speeds, with a more gifted few actually capable of FTL travel.

Why do you need to concern yourself with the world of men?. What character conflicts does she have from the start?

apparently you missed her being born human, so I'll say it again. Lucia was born human. as such she got more sympathy for humans then other dragon. her 'sympathy' isn't uncommon by the way, D'bra, the Princess of all dragons in the comic works for an agency the deals with 'extra ordinary global threats', basically, they deal with people like Viking's character on a regular basis. there's a dragon of the Iron brood that runs an Inn, and with the exception Dreadwing, the dragons that have appeared that have names have been over all good people (one fell in love with an elf woman)

as for conflicts, she doesn't have any really, however, due to the set up of the RP she really doesn't NEED any, she's out exploring the world and seeing how its changed since the last time, a sense of adventure will sever a character better here then a 'troubled back story'. it's also worth remembering that 'conflict' doesn't always add to a character. for proof of this, God of War after the first one.

Where do you plan to take her? How can someone best her without being Ultra Elite Super Diamond Dragon? Why do you need a character who can achieve space travel in a setting set on Earth? I am just saying these are things you need to long and hard about. Your walking a fine line, on the tip of Godhood, which can be an easy fall to make. Above all, ask yourself this:

How will you make your character interesting?

donno, she's here for the party, so, don't have 'take her' anywhere.

who can some one beat her? hehe, far easier then you seem to think.

to lead off i shall quote Hiei from a short PM session we had

Dragons aren't thought to be "myth and legend" - they are known to be as real as any of the other magical creatures of the world.

this not only applys to this RP, but the universe they originated in. Dragons are well know, as are the faults of the different broods. a canon case in point Brood Queen T'mat, strongest living Platinum (yup i used the name, you gotta better one to use for the queen of all dragons?) was maimed, scared for life and raped,(D'bra is the result of that btw) by Dreadwing, an Iron dragon, the weakest brood. mind you this was AFTER slaughtering many dragons of the Copper, Gold and Platinum broods. he did this through cunning, and bringing something to give him the boost he needed.

think on that for a moment, T'mat, who's is Queen, strongest of her brood, and her kind, was beaten by some one smart enough to go and find something to help bring her down. now, that in mind, Lucia, some one whom, is effectively a teen in terms of age and relative ability compared to her brood.

gee ... i donno ... how does some one beat a 13 year old? that's not even getting into the crippling weakness magic has. Platinums are beatable. all it takes is being smarter and more resourceful.

which is the key difference between your character and mine. she was built around an existing rule set that have countless ways of besting her brood.

as for 'how do i make her interesting'. that's a subjective question at best, but the short answer is, i don't really care if you think she's boring or not. she will be played how i want her played, weather you find her 'interesting' or not is a moot point

Evrant:
snip

ACCEPTED!

The_Great_Milenko:
snip

Thanks for the updates: ACCEPTED!

Cybele:
snip

... Wut?... I don't even... I want to make some sort of witty reply, but this character allows no such commentary. It is certainly a different idea; and not one I expected in the slightest.

PM me with some ideas for advancement (specifically how to draw a bird into a mystery story)

Otherwise; ACCEPTED!

Viking Incognito:
snip

Similar to Cybele, I don't have any problems with the character per say; but I will need some more information for drawing you into the group. The purpose of my introductory adventure was to bind the group together. PM me some ideas for how to draw your character in.

Otherwise; ACCEPTED!

Since there seems to be some confusion, and the power debate going up top opens a good lead into this: Ascended character development and power levels.

Most ascended are simply very powerful, very smart Human Wizards that have decided to embrace the limits of Human magical ability. Immutably connected to their humanity, they are still tied to the mortal coil, and can still die just like any other creature, they can still feel pain, love, etc.

The ones that are as powerful as gods DO NOT care generally about the world unless there is an active threat to it, and even then they might not get involved unless it really comes down to the wire. The Ascended that will actually appear consistently and in any truly characterized way in the story are characters, which are at BEST talented, but young and still weak Ascended.

Also, it's not like the Ascended have survived so long without a power structure in place. Those godly ones? They're the rulers. The Roman is the only one that's appeared so far in story, and that was just to monitor Richard's ascension to contain it and let him incinerate himself somewhere safely away from others should it go wrong, also because he was bored that day. The other two are The Oracle, a powerful diviner and time mage, she basically never appears because why should she. The other is The Arbiter, who is the important one to this rant. He's the judge among the Ascended, even the other two of the Three does what he rules. If Zaheer or Richard screw something up bad enough that enough other Ascended and/or non-Ascended Wizards have to come and fix it, the Arbiter will make them kneel down and do something terrible. He's been known to simply send defendants directly to the Abyss beyond life because they broke the order of his court.

Now that the lore part is out of the way, the much more constraining restraints on the two Ascended characters is that they ARE young, and while they may know TO use a power (Summoning, shape shifting, whatever) not necessarily HOW to use it with any real skill. Ascended powers do a lot, but they also tire the Ascended very quickly. Without years of experience and concentrated control, the Ascended simply won't be able to go all out and survive.

The issue isn't them HAVING their powers, it's using them and not dying HORRIBLY from doing it wrong

Kasten:
snip

since your the magic expert, this universe have a counter to magic? a side other magic i mean.

the universe i lifted my dragon from has a couple off hand. one is an anti-magic field thing, which weirdly still lets a spell go off but harmlessly (IE: i use a magic arrow kinda thing but when it hits you it does nothing at all) but this is only used in 'stadiums'

the second is some what more, brutal. Cold Iron. this is a term used for any metal not treated to be enchantable. when used against magic users it disrupts the ether (or what ever you call the base element for magic here) flow of the body and kills the spell, it also prevents a mage from using magic if surrounded by it.(which has, more then once, allowed a smart, non-magic user to curb stomp a magic user)

Kasten:
Snip

Lunar Templar:
Snip

Ok, I give, I give, you two convinced me.

In my lore, the intent and will of an attack matters as much or more against a powerful magic user than the attack itself.

A feather falling on an Ascended with the hatred of a town in it killed said Ascended and a couple around it in the reactive explosion in my lore. The important part wasn't the feather, it's all the potent intent it had been soaked with.

Magic users are bending the universe to their will in my lore, through knowledge or arrogance, or sacrifice, or just pure force of will (such as hatred, love, etc) and sometimes all of them. Sometimes, under the right circumstances, it snaps back on them.

That's the most powerful counter, other than that, stuff like cold iron can help against hardcore magical abominations, but a Wizards would just be something like "lol." *lightning spells*

For a nonmagical that wants to easily counter a magical, use Summon Bigger Fish, plenty of otherworldly things love to eat Wizards.

So...

When with the actual RP thread be made?

Not G. Ivingname:
So...

When with the actual RP thread be made?

Some time early next week (It would be this weekend, but I have a test to study for)

good -.- hopefully i wont feel like shit by then

getting teeth yanked tomorrow instead of saturday

edit: nvm, i'm not on drugs to make me loopy, can start any time

I have one last question and a request.

How aware is the muggle world of magical things? Are magical beings (and organizations like the PIA) able to keep a tight lip on this kind of thing? Are there special airplanes/plane compartments for paranormal creatures to hag out in, and hidden places where they can work a 9 to 5, or can a dragon go down to the local starbucks and order a latte without any weird looks? I just really noticed that some of our profiles (such as mine and Cybele) suggest the former while others (such as Wenesh's) suggest the later.

Can you also PM all of us when the actual RP is opened? I really am excited about this. :)

Not G. Ivingname:
I have one last question and a request.

How aware is the muggle world of magical things? Are magical beings (and organizations like the PIA) able to keep a tight lip on this kind of thing? Are there special airplanes/plane compartments for paranormal creatures to hag out in, and hidden places where they can work a 9 to 5, or can a dragon go down to the local starbucks and order a latte without any weird looks? I just really noticed that some of our profiles (such as mine and Cybele) suggest the former while others (such as Wenesh's) suggest the later.

Can you also PM all of us when the actual RP is opened? I really am excited about this. :)

The existance of monsters and magic is well known (sorry, I completely missed the word "secret" in your character sheet else I would have meantioned it.) The existance of the PIA might well be a secret (after all, humans tend to be a bit lower on the food chain, leading to some tension)

Not G. Ivingname:
snip

Lunar Templar:
snip

Kasten:
snip

Cybele:
snip

Viking Incognito:
snip

The_Great_Milenko:
snip

drmigit2:
snip

c_westerman13:
snip

Terratina.:
snip

Evrant:
snip

Wenseph:
snip

Floris2123:
snip

Okay; I will have the first post up shortly. Before you respond, please await a PM from me giving you a little bit of additional information only you know. For some of you, this might just be a plane ticket, for others its more important information. Finally; I have made a new user group for this game; located here Enjoy!

*waits for first post/game thread*

Kennedy International Airport - 2:06 A.M. EST

Despite the time; the international gates of the largest airport in the city that never sleeps were bustling with people from all walks of life. Families on vacation; their children either fast asleep or nearly so, businessmen and women occupied the chairs nearest the outlets - trying to get a little more work done before they were forced to shutdown their computers - and other travelers of more obscure reasons lined the seats, awaiting the fights to their many varied destinations. By the same token, people returning from their trips (or just starting) lined the isles, each trying to get their baggage and escape into the city before the others took the finite supplies of cabs; perhaps not realizing the number of cabs were anything but finite.

This was true everywhere; but no more so then Gate 12-C; where flight 2387 from New York City to London was to leave from within the hour. The flight had arrived early; and as such the many people from London poured from the small doorway the led to the plane in a torrent; eager to find their homes or hotels. Al together, it was a fairly normal experience for anyone familiar with travel by flight.

You know; minus the abundance of gills, scales, claws, fangs, wings, tentacles, tails, fins, and rotting flesh that were so common within the world.

Richard, Seras, Terra, & Theon:
The small group of friends were little different then the rest above; they were awaiting their boarding call anxiously, if by "anxiously" you meant "with exhaustion". It had been a long day of packing, planning, checking in and just a little it of goofing off.

Richard and Terra sat together; she mostly quiet in her sleep-deprived state and munching on a highly-inadequate muffin purchased from one of the many food shops in the airport, he likewise eating a small food item but somewhat more aware as he still had one last thing to do; spot the "escort" the Cabal had insisted travel with him until the newly-ascended mage reached England. It wasn't that he couldn't handle his own, it was that they didn't know it yet. Wizards, like so many beings, tended to worry about creatures with great power in confined places. Richard mostly put up with the bothersome escort for one reason; the person was an old friend; William Anester; a teleportation expert who had helped he and his sister in the time before he as a nigh all-powerful Ascended.

Seras and Theon sat somewhat father away; not for lack of want, but because Seras's family was with them for this leg of the trip. Seras's family: Dominic, having heard Seras intended to return to England as part of her post-graduation travel plans, decided to make it - at least in part - a family affair. It wasn't so much that he didn't trust Seras to fly to England on her own as much as it was he didn't trust her to fly to England with Theon: it was his job as a father to be suspicious of Seras's boyfriends after all. The entire situation would be an awkward staring match between Dominic and Theon, were it not for Seras's mother, Nicole, keeping Dominic in check with her own stern gaze at her husband. Seras's sister: Katie, was oblivious, having already surrendered to the more base desire for sleep. Theon was only thankful that once they reached England, the two groups would part way finally giving them some time together without a dark gaze upon them; the silent judgment of a girlfriends father was something no sentient being enjoyed. Theon wished he could do more then hold Seras's hand, but he suspected any further physical contact would result in Dominic hitting him with his gentlemen's cane.

All eagerly awaited the call for boarding.

Lucia:

Lucia stood at the massive window; staring out into the darkness. The scenery was much harder to make out without her more powerful, draconic eyes, but it was still worth watching; if only to try and understand the device she was meant to fly in. She hadn't been in the human world for some time, so the new "jet aircraft" were a bit of an interesting addition. Even in the dark, watching as they took off, she could tell she was faster then they, but they were none-the-less still impressive. How the little mortals had expanded since her last visit; increasing their arsenal of tools to make their lives easier. Lucia wouldn't claim to understand the "jet planes" - she hardly understood the older, propeller driven ones when she was here last; so such information was sure to escape her. Looking out, she knew it would be a long flight to London, but at least it would be easier then flying by her own power. And it HAD to be more comfortable right? Humanoid creatures were all about comforts these days.

Mohini:

Mohini was just tired. Frankly, she just wanted to get on the plane and sleep her way to England where she could finally get her well deserved R&R. As it was, she sat in a chair near the gate, awaiting the call for boarding, desperately trying to avoid turning on her cell-phone or laptop to check on her business; why was it so hard to escape the office?

She had been in Kennedy for several hours now; waiting on layover. She had burned through her allocation of in-flight reading some hours ago and had long since resorted to vapid gossip-rags about how some pop star was ruining his or her career with heroin. It brought a small smile to her face; she'd probably made a profit off said opium-derivative. This, of course, was old news; she had read the story several hours prior, and now sat bored and tired in an uncomfortable chair, awaiting a permission to move to a yet more uncomfortable chair that happened to move.

"Just a few more hours until London" she thought to herself, the same mantra she had repeated for the last few hours.

Zaheer:

Zaheer similarly sat in a chair, awaiting the flight to London. It was boring of course, but he managed to keep himself entertained with the subtle use of his powers. He hadn't been there too long; having passed through security perhaps an hour before, seeing little reason to arrive much earlier her needed. Glancing up at the crowd of people exiting the plane, he wondered when his contact would arrive.

A few weeks ago, when he finally made the decision to leave the United States in favor of somewhere he could gain more power, he had come into contact with a mage from England; one William Anester. Through him, he learned of the Cabals of England and how they might be the perfect group to teach him new magic's; England was the wizarding capital of the world, and London was the Capital of the England - if anywhere had a more concentrated population of western mages, they didn't want to be found.

And soon; that power would be his.

Roland:

Roland kept a watch out from the rafters, desperately trying to remain hidden. He didn't really need to remain hidden at the moment; not many people cared about a bird in an airport, but when he made his move to enter the plane, it would need to be with some degree of stealth if he wanted to reach England without incident. You would be surprised how few people wanted to allow birds aboard international flights.

Roland wasn't exactly sure this was the best idea; flying to England. It put him well out of his element, and likely further from the hag that turned him into a woodpecker then he'd have liked to admit, but it did have a benefit: if there was anyone aside from the hag who could return him to normal, that person was in England. Why you ask - Wizards. The wizard tradition was based in England; started there. Same with the druids. It was famous for it. Surely, somewhere in the intensely magical nation, there was one poor witch or wizard or sorcerer who had discovered the secret of turning a woodpecker into a person.

That wasn't crazy to believe right... right?

Pegs

Pegs wasn't happy; and why should she be. She had barely started her journey - visiting NYC for less then a week, when she found herself heading back to the British isles. It was little more then a layover on her way to her next real destination, but it was close enough to home to annoy her - she was supposed to be enjoying her year-off; not flying home. Still; it was the cheapest solution, and there was no arguing with her wallet.

She sat in a waiting chair, annoyed, but grateful it would be over soon; in theory anyway...

Dwight, Imperious, and Louie:

It was an awkward situation to say the least, as thre group of five people moved through the airport terminal toward their goal: Gate 12-C and it's flight to London, England. The group were hardly friends; no more then acquaintances really, all together because of a common destination and a common contact: Sir Edward Crim: Vampire Lord of Sussex. Sir Edward was looked more the lord then he did the vampire. He was dressed in a gaudy outfit that looked as old as he was; which was centuries. His face was round and pudgy that, combined with the formal robes he wore, gave him a comical look. Were it not for his stern gaze that spoke of centuries of intellect and cunning, and the razor-sharp teeth.

It was difficult to say why any of the others were there, though a few guesses could be made. The first of the connections to said Vampire Lord was his wife, Margaret. Her's was the easiest connection to make; evident by the matching rings on their fingers, and the equally stern look on her face. A century or two ago, she would have been frighteningly beautiful; though now she seemed like her husband; a pale reflection of her former self.

The next was Dwight, the half-demon who seemed to be following Sir Edward, listening to everything he had to say. Judging by his name - Luvence - anyone in the underworld would be able to tell he was the future head of the Luvence crime family, but his distinct demonic traits made it seem somewhat unlikely (given the Luvence family was well known as a Vampire coven. Why he was with the Vampire lord was anyone's guess.

The next person was one of the few people who looked older then the vampire lord; a Lich who had introduced himself as "Imperious". He looked Roman; and somehow no one seemed to doubt it. His reasons for meeting with the aforementioned Vampire lord were his own; though they seemed the most tame of the small groups.

The final individual was a man only known as "Louie", who seemed to be interested in some sort of business venture; the the specifics were vague enough that no one could really tell exactly what the business or the deal was. All in all, whether you were an outside observer or a member of the small entourage; it was clearly a motley crew by nearly every definition.

John:

A few seconds after the aforementioned motley crew entered the scene, John entered; doing his best to look indifferent to the presence of the endless supply of people; but acutely aware of his every surrounding; a particular vampire lord of Sussex most prominently. the PIA had been very clear on his mission this time; to determine why Sir Edward Crim was states side, and what threat he posed. Interestingly, the man had been in country for only a handful of days; meeting only a handful of people of limited consequence, and leaving without much fanfare.

A vampire lord leaving a country without fanfare was NEVER a good sign. There was something about vampires that made them like to showboat. It wasn't a universal trait; just as having two hands wasn't a universally human trait, but it was one that - like having two hands - was a safe assumption 99% of the time. Either way; once the man was above international waters; it would no longer be his problem. He had thus far made notes on most of the people he had met with, save his current companions; all unknown to him for the moment.

With a sigh, John moved toward the gate; hoping to be done with this so he could finally take those vacation days he'd been saving up.

Lucia watched the plane take off, it amazed her some so big and made of metal even got off the ground, let alone was air worthy, in fact, the advancement between now and her last visit where staggering to say the least. So many hand held device she wouldn't have even though possible, as everyday, and seemingly fully integrated items.

After the plane's lights where out of sight, she made her way to the gate her plane was loading at, eager to see what 'air travel' was like for humanoids. They weren't ready to board yet, but it was close enough that it was a good idea regardless. Once there she took a seat next to a group of young people, two boys, two guys, all 'super natural', one even had a set of wings, but she couldn't really tell who was what.

Saturday stood out among the crowd, which was something considering the crowd's "diversity". His height, combined with the height of his hat made him tower over most of the crowd, and his blood red formal-wear was quite eye catching.

The Loa walked away from the gate, headed towards the coffee bar on the other side of the hall. He had all the time he needed to arrange something with Sir Crim, so he would be polite and let the other two conclude their business first.

"I'd like ah block coffeh wit no sugah." Saturday said in his heavy accent. His voice was as deep as the grave.

As the somewhat worried looking barista made his coffee, he thought about what had brought him here.

The circumstances that led to him being the number one shipper of illegal blood on two continents were nothing short of a miracle of timing. His crime ring owned a great deal of boats in some of the most busy and profitable waters on earth. He had total control over New Orleans, the most important trade harbor in the Gulf of Mexico, and plenty of homeless, nameless, street scum to be harvested between the Haitian slums and the ghetto districts of the lower wards. In short, lots of stock no one will miss, and boundless opportunity to send it whereever it needs to go with no questions asked.

No wonder Sir Crim had been the one to seek out Saturday. Especially with prices for human blood rising due to recent trade crackdowns.

Saturday swallowed the piping hot cup of bitter coffee in one gulp. He left a $20 bill on the counter and headed towards the gate again.

And if he isn't the straight shooter he claims to be, he will make a powerful zombie at best, and a resounding message to the other crime families at least.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked