The Darkest Corners: A Modern Fantasy RP (Interest Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 NEXT

Bowl was flabergasted at what she was hearing.

"You been up here and you have yet to confirm if the seal still remains secure or not?" She all but shouted at Zal'Teer, "You are your people been sitting on your mountain doing nothing till we arrived? Until 12 hours ago, we were not asked to help out, what prompted the communication from your end was a completely different matter entirely."

Bowl calmed down a bit.

"We have also come up with a few non-magical forms of defenses, incase our magical seals cannot contain what it took your god to hold," Bowl stated, pulling out some charts, "A metallic structure with meter long spikes pointing down directly at the seals, which will be tipped with platinum-190 to be dense enough to pierce the Dragons skin and a fairly hefty dose of radiation. Above the spikes will be several heavy duty anti-armor mines, tripped by a mass of razor wire. The destruction of this wire mass will alert our forces world wide. The one advantage we have against these prisoners is that they know nothing about our modern weapons, we need to abuse that fact."

Fiona

Fiona was just finishing her second cup of the brew when the first of their party arrived in the foyer; they (supposed) leader - Lucius. Standing, she waved at him to draw his attention. She wasn't sure if he ate or drank still; many Liches ditched the practice after they un-died but others who enjoyed the tastes and still had the ability to taste, retained their love of foods. She doubted the food was good enough for such a Lich, but then coffee was coffee - even a Lich could appreciate the tastes of a well-brewed cup.

-Lucius-

In the Foyer, Lucius saw the samsarian who'd joined them waving to him, "Good morning Monsieur. I trust your night was good, if not restful?". Lucius smiled knowingly, as he replied to the odd blue creature, "Yes, my night was rather sucessful, I think", He paused, "How about yours?". Lucius' mind, still whirring, was trying to decide whether he could trust this so old of acquaintances as an Ally. He helped himself to a coffee - strong, black, no sugar, and started to sip at it. "Not bad coffee, is it?"

-Rhingyll-

Deciding that his Queen would be ready to recieve visitors now, the sentient zombie ambled towards her audience room - the very fringe of her personal sanctum. As he reached the door, it was sat open - one of the Demonic lieutenants was protesting the lack of bodies in his Vanguard. Rhingyll was glad he wasn't the only member of the Queen's forces who thought they numbered too few, that she put too much stock in her own magicks. Still, he had other news to report, so he took his place at her right hand, and waited for the demon to let itself out...

Fiona

"Yes, my night was rather sucessful, I think. How about yours?" Lucius said as he ordered a cup of coffee. Fiona smiled. "Mine was quite restful." she offered between sips of her own brew. Unlike the Lich, she still needed sleep. That was one of the reasons she'd never become a Lich - she enjoyed sleep far too much to let it go. "So Monsieur Lucius, do you have a plan for the eventual attack on your Rival?" She then reached for her pot of brew to refresh her cup; adding just a little more cream and honey before she drank another sip.

Terra

Terra dreams were a strange blur of colors and feelings as her mind went over the day previous unconsciously. Slowly, she could feel the wall rebuilding around her darker part; though it would still be some time before it was back to full strength. All in all, despite the many problems throughout the day, her dreams were generally positive - thanks in no small part to the return of Richard. Most of her dreams where Richard appeared were good, in part because of they're somewhat... personal nature.

Still, all good things come to an end, and after some unknowable amount of time (at least until she found a clock), she awoke with a start; looking for Richard.

---Italian Alps---
Zal'Teer restrained a growl, but was stopped from commenting by the display of the seal changed, three of the lines glowing a bit brighter "If it was any other seal, your plan would have been fine" a female voice with a light rasp said "How ever, this is MY seal" she said, the owner of the voice was the Ascended Lucia, in her human form, aside the scars, hard light left arm and the left dead eye, and that she looked slightly older, she was more or less identical to the Lucia "And as much as I hate using seals, I'm not about to leave them unprotected" She said as she walked up to the group "These highlighted line, are are spells of my own design. They are designed to detect high concentrations of magic use in close proximity to the seal, then explode, and reduce everything with in a ten mile radius to dust." she said crossing her arms, then turned to Bowl

"Cute toys, but unless your little 'club' has access to Rail Guns, the only one those will work on is Dr'az. Wagner is to to powerful, and your 'assumption' that he is ignorant of human advancement is horribly mistaken" she said, fully knowing what the next line of questions where going to be.

---Italian Alps---

Bowl scowled.

"Oh, you would be surprised what "our little club" has access to," Bowl said, thinking to their continued developements that put the 8 MJ the US Navy is testing to shame, "You really thought this was going to be our only line of defenses? That was short term of what we could construct today."

"Starting tomorrow, a new containment facility will be constructed on top of this mountain," Bowl started, getting directly within Lucia's face, "All containment sites include 3 10 megaton hydrogen bombs, which would make several kilometers hotter than the sun, and several other goodies I cannot tell you about. If the magic of your God was unable to kill these creatures, or even keep them from learning about the world outside their seals, what good do you think your turn everything to dust spell would do? You would not believe the things we have managed to lock up..."

---London---

Heads.

Never stopping.

Heat.

Never yielding.

Wheels.

Never Listening.

Wings.

Never caring.

Ο φόβος δεν.

John woke up in a cold sweat, only being freed from the nightmare by the alarm clock. John shook his head, pushing the memories out of his mind. The clock read 8:00. Time to get to work. John got up, walked into the bathroom. John took one look into the mirror.

"... ROLAND!" John looked back into the room, but the bird wasn't there. John started to wash his face, only for nothing to come out. A quick cleaning spell also did nothing.

"This couldn't be..." John grabbed his holy water and poured it on his face. The ink lightened slightly.

"I AM GOING TO KILL THAT DEMON!"

"Depends on how much you care about the bigger picture I guess, if some one doesn't care about the world around them then not much you can do about it, though, some of us are kinda railroaded into helping, for various reasons" Lucia replied as she sat down on the bed.

She looked at the time, she had to go. With a sheepish smile Pegs said, "Well, it's time to catch yet another flight, I'll guess I'll see you around." She then made her way to the airport.

-Lucius-

"So Monsieur Lucius, do you have a plan for the eventual attack on your Rival?"

Lucius cringed a little, the misuse of his name somewhat irritating. "You really don't remember much of Rome at all, do you?", Lucius questioned, trying to remain diplomatic, "Monsieur Lucius is about equivalent to Mrs Fiona, but no harm done. As for Arzhela, I have a few plans, yes, though most require everyone taking a visit to some old archives with me. What do you suppose are the chances of that?" Lucius drained his cup, and looked around to see who else was around - no-one, as yet, though it was still early.

Zaheer/Fromanzio

Zaheer saw little use for Richard and let him have some privacy, instead opting to take a quick break and sleep for once. It was a dull sleep, one that Zaheer was pretty sure he was awake for, his mind constantly racing with spells and incantations. Still, he felt at least a little bit more energetic in the morning and headed over to Lucius's location with Fromanzio in tow.

"Why did we take a rest Master? Fromanzio hasn't seen you do that in...ever! So much wasted time." The clown took a deep breath and prepared himself, realizing John was probably waking up now. "Oh well, there is a fun surprise waiting for the human. Fromanzio left him a present! A masterpiece as we would call it."

"Fromanzio, I sent you to keep us in good relations with his organization. In hindsight that was a terrible idea but still!" Zaheer was visibly annoyed but felt it mattered little in the end. The duo was close to the cafeteria and saw Lucius speaking with a Samsaran. Zaheer spoke first.

"Lucius! Good to see you haven't died yet. I heard we were all gathering here."

"So did Fromanzio!" The clown was visibly excited, Liches were the most interesting people he had met, such unrestrained power without any superiors. He mildly respected them. "So what are we blowing up today? Zombies? Samsarans? Female Liches? Fromanzio must know!"

It was the start of another day, and the sun had just managed to break through the early morning clouds, somehow still casting a few shadows onto the hotel room where Seras and Theon lay sleeping, cuddled up against one another. Seras's eyes soon blinked into life as they began to ascertain her surroundings; as a quite groan escaped her lips as she tried to pull her head off the pillow, but was still trapped in the throes of sleep.

Eventually she summoned up the strength to lift herself free, and turned around to face the still sleeping shape shifter. Seras smirked as she looked down at herself, and noticed that she wasn't wearing a shirt, it laying somewhere on the floor in a slightly crumpled heap; but fortunately her modesty was still preserved.

"Well well, isn't Theon going to get a surprise when he wakes up." Seras said to herself, her smirk now a smile as she began to gently rock Theon, hoping it would wake him up a bit.

"Wakey wakey sleepyhead. It is now the morning." Seras said softly, and proceeded to kiss Theon on the forehead.

---London---

"Later Pegs" Lucia said, she was kinda sad to see her go, Lucia had enjoyed her company, but it couldn't be helped if she had no reason to join the chase. Lucia looked at the clock and sighed, it was time to head back down to the Ritz, she got dressed tied her hair back and headed down to the lobby, where she informed the attendant on duty she would be out for the day and would pay for any overages when she got back, she then exited the building and flagged a cab down.

---Italian Alps---

Zal'Teer's jaw hung slack at what he was seeing, and human, getting in The Ancient Ones face. It was unthinkable to him for this kind of disrespect. A-Lucia on the other hand just grinned like a Cheshire Cat, and the display changed "I think your mistaking me for the Whelp your trying to get into your little 'club'" on the display, there was the much younger Lucia, getting into a cab and telling the driver to go to the Ritz "As for your 'toys', I'm hardly impressed, so you have three bombs that can generate heat hotter then a star? So? You say that like its difficult to do." she said before getting directly in the directors face, nose to nose "Criticize my efforts when YOU create a race of beings and an entire planet out of thin air. The ONLY reason Wagner still breathes is because I did not have the reserves to breath life into Dragon kind AND kill him. I had limits in my youth, so what? Those limits no longer exist and I and WELL rested, and Wagner has no 'opportunity's' to take advantage of. So untill you or any one in your employ is capable of the same feast you have no room to judge me, mortal." have made her point she took a couple steps back "Dr'az was never brought to my attention, both he and Cichol where dealt with by that imbecile, Grendal."

Theon was deep asleep, his mind was finally at peace. He dreamed about flying through the sky as a bird, and swimming in the ocean as a fish. He was then gently shaken and kissed, and slowly began to wake up. The first thing he noticed was the room he was in, and the sun shining into his eyes. He felt like grabbing the blankets and going back to sleep, but when he squinted his eyes he could see Seras smiling at him. It took him a second to realize why, when his eyes began to move down the rest of her body.

The first thing he noticed that she wasn't wearing a shirt, for a moment he thought he was still sleeping. But after pinching himself he concluded that he wasn't sleeping, he quickly covered his eyes and fell back into the bed. "Uuhh good morning Seras, you are aware you are not wearing a shirt right?" He asked with a shaking and startled voice, his cheeks completely flustered. He couldn't help but sneak another peek through his fingers, she really had a perfect figure.

Seras grinned like a Cheshire Cat as Theon busied himself for a few moments pinching himself, obviously believing that he was still asleep. The realization soon him however when he realised that this wasn't a dream, and that Seras was kind of half naked. In some strange way, she was actually enjoying watching Theon act all embarrassed, and smiled again as he retreated back into the bed with a hand covering his eyes. "Uuhh good morning Seras, you are aware you are not wearing a shirt right?" He asked, still sounding startled by the predicament he was presented with; whilst his cheeks had turned a bright red color. Seras smirked when she saw Theon's fingers open a crack, obviously wanting another look.

"Naughty naughty." Seras said with a slight giggle as she pouted at Theon.

"And yes, I do realise that I'm not wearing a shirt Theon. After wearing it for nearly a whole day, it was getting a little bit uncomfortable; I must of taken off whilst I was unawares. Though I did figure it would make for a way to surprise you, and it looks like it worked, judging from the amount of red your blushing with." Seras remarked as she leaned over and kissed him on the lips. She then turned around and looked at the clock which was on a bed side cabinet, noticing the time was a little past eight.

"Would you look at that Theon? Looks like we'll have to hurry up and get ready for this meeting with Lucius and the others. Let me just go have a shower, then I'll be getting changed. Don't worry, I'll do that in the bathroom." Seras said with a wink as she got up from out the bed, grabbing a fresh set of clothes from her suit case, and then headed into the shower. She breathed a sigh of relief when the hot water hit her, it was nice to feel fresh after what happened yesterday. Five minutes later, getting washed and dried inside, Seras stepped out, ready to tackle what lay ahead.

Theon peeked at Seras through his fingers, he then spotted her looking at him, a delightful pout on her soft face. She said with a cute giggle "Naughty naughty." Theon closed his hand and his cheeks flushed a further shade of Crimson. Seras then continued, "And yes, I do realize that I'm not wearing a shirt Theon... Judging from the amount of red your blushing with." Suddenly he felt Seras lips on his, he kissed her back and sat up with her. "Would you look at that Theon?...I'll do that in the bathroom." Seras said looking at the clock, she then winked at him and got up from the bed.

She didn't seem bothered with him staying where he was, so he sat on the bed for a while. He chuckled to himself, it was rare that he was fully awake so soon, but her little stunt just now had woken him up, though he had to remember to get her back for that later. He then heard the water in the shower turn on, for a minute he though about joining her. He then laughed again, his werewolf instincts were still active it seemed.

He got up from the bed and laid down on the ground, and he began with his morning routine. He then had a idea, as he threw off his shirt and continued training. He heard the shower doors open, and a smile spread across his face. He waited for Seras to get back into the room, and just finished with his 100 push up. "99...100." He said as he stood up, and didn't bother to hide his muscles. Two can play that game Seras. He thought as he smiled at her, sweat running down his lean body. "Did you have a nice shower beautiful?" He asked with an innocent smile.

"...99...100." Seras heard Theon saying out of breath as she re-entered the bedroom fully dressed, noticing that he had his shirt off and the sweat that was running down his toned body. This almost made her go weak at the knees from just looking at him, though it didn't stop her from blushing. She simply stood still and stared at Theon, a loss for words as she was enjoying the view, it had certainly started her morning off right. Whilst she wasn't overly attracted to shirtless men with well defined muscles, Theon however was the exception.

"Did you have a nice shower beautiful?" Theon asked with an innocent and playful smile. Seras could see that this was him getting back at her for earlier, and if she was being honest, it worked.

"I certainly did, and seeing you like this, has been the cherry on top of the sundae that is my morning so far." Seras said as she walked closer, wanting to take a closer look at the body in front of her. She followed up with a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Go grab yourself a shower handsome, don't want to keep the others waiting now do we?" She asked rhetorically.

Theon looked at Seras as she entered the room, she smiled and then looked at his chest. She blushed brightly, and his smile grew happy to see his plan had worked. She began walking closer, and said. "I certainly did, and seeing you like this, has been the cherry on top of the sundae that is my morning so far." She then gave him a quick kiss on his cheek, and continued by asking. "Go grab yourself a shower handsome, don't want to keep the others waiting now do we?"

"I guess not, though we are already late. I will try to keep my shower as short as possible beautiful." He said as he quickly kissed her, he then walked through the room and gathered his clothes. He didn't bother to put any more on as he walked into the bathroom, and closed the door. He quickly jumped under the shower, and turned it on. After about five minutes he stepped out of the shower, and started drying himself off.

Suddenly he had an amusing idea, he turned into a dog and began shaking himself dry. The entire bathroom was covered by water now, except for Theon who was completely dry. He quickly put on his clothes and stepped out of the bathroom, he smiled at Seras and kissed her on the cheek. "So how do you want to go to the meeting? Want to go with a taxi? Or shall we fly there?" He had a playful smile on his face, he wouldn't mind flying again.

-Lucius-

Lucius' discussion with Fiona was interrupted by the sudden appearance of Zaheer, who'd been conspicuously missing the previous night, with insane demon in tow. Hearing their respective greetings, Lucius looked around, almost smiling - he'd almost kind of liked Zaheer - and spoke, "Did you expect me to die, Ascended?", he almost wanted to laugh, "We were meeting here last night, though clearly you missed that. The next meeting starts in about twenty minutes. Demon, we're not planning on blowing anything up, though it could be useful to send you as a vanguard, with that attitude - how many minor undead can you kill?"

Lucius looked back to Fiona, and decided introductions may be in order. Not being his forte, he went with the basic approach, pointing at each individual, "Fiona, Zaheer, Zaheer's pet".

-Rhingyll-

The zombie walked hurriedly out of his Queen's audience chamber, brimming with frustration - she just wouldn't listen to reason. They had no way of knowing when, or where, to expect an attack - Lucius had been careful enough not to mention that in front of him - and their forces were worryingly unprepared. Rhingyll bit his lip, nearly taking it off before he thought to stop, and walked to the armory, to arm up - he'd have to look the part if an attack came soon, and Lucius knew that as well as he did himself.

Reaching the armory, he picked up one of the more modern rifles - assault, he thought it was called - and some ammo for it, a knife for backup, and a small revolver. Just in case. Turning back as he was leaving, he decided to pick up a fireproof combat jacket - way too much offensive magic was fire-based.

"I guess not, though we are already late. I will try to keep my shower as short as possible beautiful." Theon said as he quickly kissed Seras before gathering some clothes and heading into the shower. She soon heard the oh too familiar sounds of the shower, which resulted in Seras breathing a sigh of relief and joy as her thoughts drifted off into dreamland. Her respite was short lived however, as she heard footsteps coming out of the bathroom.

Theon soon appeared, smiling quite proudly as he kissed Seras again on the cheek. "So how do you want to go to the meeting? Want to go with a taxi? Or shall we fly there?" He asked with a playful smile, Seras could see what option he wanted.

"Hmm, I think seeing how its still rather early in the morning, we should probably take a taxi to be on the safe side. Don't want to be giving the residents of London a fright this early in the day." Seras remarked as she went over to grab Theon's coat, and helped with putting it on him.

"Hmm, I think...the day." Seras said responding to his question, he had to agree it was probably best to take it easy for now. He walked over to the coat hangers, but Seras was there sooner and helped him put on his coat. "Thank you Seras, and I have to agree with you. It would probably be best to take a taxi, even though flying would be more fun." He grabbed his bag, and put it on his back. He walked out the door, and took the elevator down. It wasn't long until they had reached the ground floor, he then continued outside and walked over to a taxi waiting there. He opened the door for Seras, and after that got in himself.

The taxi departed, and began heading towards the meeting place. Theon was quiet most of the trip, he was practicing with his shifting. It had become easier without them in his head, though some things were also a bit more difficult. When they arrived at the designated building, he stepped out and paid the driver. He then offered his arm to Seras, and began then walked inside. He then started shifting his body, it became heavier as one plate after another began to be formed. On the outside he looked pretty much the same, but on the inside his body had became much stronger. He didn't trust most of the people at this meeting, and seeing how most of them were wizards he had to make sure he and Seras would be safe.

He walked inside the hall and looked around, it seemed that a few of the wizards had already arrived. The smell inside the room wasn't what you would call pleasant. He didn't want to be here at all, but he knew he had no choice. "Good morning to all of you." He said with a modest smile. He began to look around the room, He was a bit surprised to see the woman from the last meeting. She seemed quite nice, though she was clearly not a human. He walked over to her and stretched out his hand "I don't think I have introduced myself to you before, my name is Theon Versipellis. What is your name miss?"

Roland was right outside the hotel room's window when he heard John yell his name in a most ill-boding manner. Curious as to what may have happened and what the agent was blaming him for, the woodpecker, trying to be as quiet as he could, flew into the room and perched on top of a chair.

"I AM GOING TO KILL THAT DEMON!" John yelled from the bathroom where he was vigorously scrubbing his face.

'Look like I'm off the hook,' Roland thought and sighed with relief, glad that he wasn't in any trouble. For the time being at least.

"Morning John. Sleep well?" the bird asked, his tone cheerful but ever so slightly cautious.

-Italian Alps-

Bowl stared right into the face of the ancient one, unblinking.

"You were born with power," Bowl said slowly, "Able to create and destroy at your whim. When you have gone through a thousand generations of misery and death to crawl out of the pit others have thrown you in and have the ability to defend yourself from the horrors that wish nothing but to throw you back. Only when you have felt pain, only when you know how many have died just so you can exist, that will I hold back my criticism. We do not bow down to Gods no longer."

"You say you couldn't of killed Wagner because you were limited, tired, from creating an entire world. You have had thousands of years of rest, much time to bring back your energies," Bowl said, still not moving her gaze from a creature that could disintegrate her in an instant, "Why is he still alive?"

-Clarkson-

Clarkson watched the bird fly out of door, having not even noticed the passage of time, nor the fact his drink had been replaced with dark coffe five hours ago.

-John-

John looked out the bathroom door at Roland

"Where were... never mind," John decided it could wait till later, "I will be right back."

John quickly left the room, running down the stairs, and out the door, and jumped into a door of a taxi.

"The nearest church please," John said flatly.

"Why is..."

John held out 40 dollars, "And no questions asked."

"Your on the wrong side of the Atlantic lad," The cab driver said with a chuckle.

John searched his wallet and pulled out 40 pounds, "Move."

John drove a surprising amount of blocks to the Westminister abby. John burst through the doors, the only person there was a priest.

"Father, may I use your holy water?" John asked.

"Any can use the holy water here, any are... what is on your face?" The priest said.

John dunked his head into the holy water bowl, scrubbing away the ink before drying off his face as he walked through the door.

"Did you just...," the cabby began.

John pulled out another 40 pounds.

"No. Questions. Asked." John said flatly, "Get me to a hardware store or a mechanic."

The cabby just did what he said, pulling into an Auto dealership. John bought a muffin at the bakery and then bought five car batteries from the dealership.

Another 40 pounds.

"None," John said as the cab drove back to the Ritz.

John stepped out and carried his stuff up to his room. John placed some charms on the bag to give it a bit more room.

"Shall we head down?" John said to Roland.

---Italian Alp---
A-Lucia kinda smirked, she'd not seen human with a spine like the Director in a long time "Know what? I like you human, It takes a rather large 'set' to demand answers from some one that could easily erase this mountain range and turn Italy into an Island Nation, it's infuriating, but oddly refreshing as well. Anyway, in answer to your question, collateral damage. By the time I was back to 100% the Roman Empire was in full swing and the battle ground between myself and Wagner would have consumed several thousand miles of land and breaking Wagner out to kill him would have been counter productive." she said "Now, I could spend several hours explaining my self, but we do have better things to" She said as she formed a 'finger gun' and 'shot' Bowl in the head, forcing memory's relating to her origin, her orders, what she really was, and of course Wagner onto the Director "But this is faster"

---London---
Lucia arrived at the Ritz and headed into the lounge where the others where waiting "Morning" she said as she grabbed a doughnut and sat down.

Fiona

"...What do you suppose are the chances of that?" Lucius said after correcting her grammar. As it stood, she'd been acting under the assumption the name had been either a pseudonym or a surname and not realized she'd been making a fool of herself. Still, she was thousands of years old - a grammar error was hardly her worst mistake in recent times. Fiona put down her cup and began to answer.

Before she could answer the question however, an Ascended Mage and his Clown-demon companion arrived. Fiona remembered their faces from the PIA briefing and with Lucius's introduction, it was hardly difficult to remember them. Reaching out her hand in offer of a shake she said "It's a pleasure." "So what are we blowing up today? Zombies? Samsarans? Female Liches? Fromanzio must know!" the demon said, almost in reply. Fiona stared at the little clown for half a second before dismissing him - demon jesters were hardly remembered for their manners after all.

As if to mock her efforts to properly meet everyone, the dhampire, shapeshifter, and dragon all entered at nearly the same time; each taking a different approach toward the meeting. This time however, at least one of them felt it kind to introduce himself properly. "I don't think I have introduced myself to you before, my name is Theon Versipellis. What is your name miss?"

"Fiona Dubois" she replied, taking his hand. "Though you may call me Fiona. It's a pleasure to make you're acquaintance."

-Lucius-

People were finally starting to actually arrive - Shapeshifter-Werewolf mutt, Half-Vampire, Half-Dragon - was anyone else in this meeting actually purebred? Lucius smirked, looking around, and turned to float into their makeshift briefing room, fingers brushing over his spell trigger. He looked over his shoulder, "Come in, then, we ought to get started".

Lucius took his place at the head of the table, and settled back to watch where everyone else sat, knowing that there were still more to arrive.

"Where were... never mind. I will be right back," John said and stormed out of the room, leaving Roland very confused.

"The hell was that about?" the bird muttered to himself as he flew onto the table where the tv remote had been left the previous night. Having nothing better to do for the time being, Roland tried to turn the tv on by pecking at the buttons. He had just managed to turn it on and switch it over to something watchable when the agent returned.

"Shall we head down?"

Roland sighed and looked at the tv with a mix of annoyance and regret. Mostly annoyance.

"Oh fine. It's not as if it has been ages since I've gotten to watch any tv because I practically live on the streets or anything," he muttered to himself as he flew onto John's shoulder. "Is everything all right?" he asked, his tone a bit more cheerful.

"Thank you Seras, and I have to agree with you. It would probably be best to take a taxi, even though flying would be more fun." Theon said as he grabbed his bag and they were soon out of the door of their hotel room, and in a elevator down to the lobby area. They were soon outside where Theon called for a taxi, and opened the door to allow Seras to get in first.

As a quick exchange of information was given, they soon pulled out of the hotel driveway, and back en-route to the Ritz. The route they were taking today seemed a little longer than last time, but also a bit nicer to look at, which meant Seras could enjoy the view more. They soon arrived at the hotel, Theon stepped out first to pay the driver, then offered an arm to Seras as they walked through to the lounge, where she could see that Lucius, Fiona, Lucia, Zaheer and his demonic clown of a servant had already arrived. Seras wondered when Terra and Richard were going to put in an appearance, hopefully soon she thought.

"Though you may call me Fiona. It's a pleasure to make you're acquaintance." Fiona said in response to Theon's greeting.

"And its a pleasure to meet you as well Miss Fiona. The name is Seras Rogue, I don't think we had the chance to properly introduce ourselves to one another yesterday." Seras said with a smile as she offered a hand to Fiona.

"I heard that you were on the same plane as everyone else that is currently here, though I don't remember seeing anyone like you on board though."

---London---

Lucia stuffed the Maple Bar into her mouth and took a bite and listened "Rouge? That's that other Par...Vampire that was on the plane right?" she asked, quickly reigning in her racial slur, partly cause this wasn't the time, and she vaguely remembered this vampire being tolerable. "So, how'd they get you? Figured you'd be off doing, what ever Vampire do" she said some what awkwardly.

"So, how'd they get you? Figured you'd be off doing, whatever Vampire do." Someone asked Seras, turning around she noticed that it was Lucia who was talking to her, looking as though she had just finished eating something.

"Well, first off, I'm not a full blood Vampire Miss Lucia, I'm a Dhampir, which means I'm half human; so the temptations of the blood are not as strong in me as they are in someone like my father, though thanks to the Council, we don't need to attack people to acquire blood." Seras said, taking a moment to pause for breath before continuing.

"As to how they got me, according to that man Clarkson we met back at the Airport, we'd be able to get better hotel accommodation and plane tickets for myself and Theon here. I care not for the power and knowledge that Lucius offers, or what may be obtained from Arzhela. I am not doing it for them or the agency, I am doing this because my homeland is at risk. I also made it clear to them, that this was to be a one time deal. So, what did they offer you in return for your services then?"

Richard glanced at Terra after closing his notebook where he'd be working out spells and smiled to her "if you want, we could go to the meeting with the Lich from the plane."

Richard held Terra tighter "Also, I'm vaguely working with Zaheer now. I wouldn't, but my hands are tied. I'll need your grace and support to restrain me from causing local annihilation events."

Fiona

"I heard that you were on the same plane as everyone else that is currently here, though I don't remember seeing anyone like you on board though." the half-vampire said, after introducing herself as Seras. No one seemed to believe her cover story much, but she was going to stick with it until the PIA told her it was no longer needed.

"I'm not surprised. I was toward the back and I was wearing a lot of make up. Samasarian's - my species - are rare, so humans tend to find our presence unsettling. A Vampire or a Werewolf or what not; their potentially dangerous, but their known quantities. If you know you're going to be near a Werewolf, you carry some silver with you. If you know your going to be near a Fairy, you keep some unworked iron with you. Vampires; you eat a lot of garlic. But Samasarians? Most people don't even know what we're called, much less have an idea how to deal with us. So, I've taken to traveling in disguise as a human - they don't get scared and I don't have to answer questions every other minute about what I am and what I can do. Everybody wins." she said, trying to keep her cover intact. It made for a fair cover story and even offered an excuse for why she didn't help them against the doppelganger; what could she - a nature speaker - do on a plane without any plants to speak with?

Terra

Terra glanced around the room for a few seconds before she got her bearings. The room was now empty save Richard who was face deep in a notebook while his arms were wrapped around her. "If you want, we could go to the meeting with the Lich from the plane." he said, looking over at her and squeezing her tighter. "Also, I'm vaguely working with Zaheer now. I wouldn't, but my hands are tied. I'll need your grace and support to restrain me from causing local annihilation events."

Terra smiled and returned the squeeze. "You always have my grace and support Richard; you know that." she said, returning the hug. "That's part of loving you." she finished, her smile larger and her hug tighter.

"I suppose we should get going though." she added a moment later as she stood up and stretched her muscles after giving her love a good morning kiss.

Lucia listened, and nodded, she'd forgotten the other Vampire Lord had half breed off spring.

"So, what did they offer you in return for your services then?"

"Nothing of real value, easier travel is it really, but that will fix it self in time, you have no idea how irritating it is have to explain what you are when some one asks 'whats a Platinum Dragon?', so saving a few minutes now and then is nice. But that's not why I accepted" She said as she grabbed an 'Old Fashion' Doughnut. "I have the honor of being among the upper crust, which means I have responsibility's, responsibility's I've been neglecting, and with the current political climate, I added pressure to act in a manner that inspires trust, for both the humans, and as a role model for other Dragons whom will eventually 'come home'"

-Italian Alps-

Bowl only broke eye contact as the vision played out. It annoyed her greatly, the PIA didn't like people in their minds. When Director Bowl was out of the vision she turned back to the A-Lucia.

"Is there anything else we need to discuss?" Bowl said, "The faster we act the faster the seals will be secure."

-London-

John felt Roland land on his shoulder.

"Oh fine. It's not as if it has been ages since I've gotten to watch any tv because I practically live on the streets or anything," he muttered to himself as he flew onto John's shoulder. "Is everything all right?"

"Sorry about that," as John walked out of the room with his bag in tow, "Fromanzio left me a present this morning, some kind of demonic face painting. When I get my hands on that Hell beast I will..."

John stopped and thought, what really could he do against such a quick demon? As long as the creature saw it coming attacking it with Iron would be fairly pointless. Getting it into an area with anti-teleporation wards would take a lot of preparations and hope the monster doesn't see the trap coming. Most offensive spells John had were either to slow or useless to against demons.

The one spell John did know that could cause the devil SERIOUS pain, Holy Light, requires belief and servitude in a higher being, which John had neither of. Knowledge of something existing is a far cry from bowing down to it. Maybe if John could trick the demon to go after the Holy Inquisition of Christ...

John walked down to the lobby and was told (after calming the teller down at the sight of Roland) that the others had gone to a nearby cafe.

John walked to the place, seeing most of the people there. Including...

"FROMANZIO!" John yelled at the demon, mental scares of what happened on the plane still very present.

"Nothing of real value, easier travel is it really, but that will fix it self in time, you have no idea how irritating it is have to explain what you are when some one asks 'What's a Platinum Dragon?', so saving a few minutes now and then is nice. But that's not why I accepted." Lucia said, stopping for a moment to pick up and bite into a doughnut.

"I have the honor of being among the upper crust, which means I have responsibility's, responsibility's I've been neglecting, and with the current political climate, I added pressure to act in a manner that inspires trust, for both the humans, and as a role model for other Dragons whom will eventually 'come home'."

"So, if I understand what your trying to say Miss Lucia, your actions could very well decide the relations between your kind, the Dragons, and the people of Earth. Well then, I guess we better succeed in this mission, and take down Arzhela. You know, I've thought of Dragons as a proud and majestic race, so full of wisdom, yet not afraid to put up a fight when the situation calls for it. It'll be an honor to fight alongside you." Seras said with a smile as she picked up a doughnut of her own, discovering the filling was strawberry, her favorite. She was about to continue talking, when suddenly John had burst through the door, with the woodpecker Roland on his shoulder.

"FROMANZIO!" John yelled out to the demonic clown as he entered the room. Seras let out a small sigh as she bit into her doughnut again.

"Oh dear, this cannot be good, especially if it involves him." Seras said, gesturing to the clown in question.

"Perhaps we should join Lucius at the meeting table?" She then asked.

---London---
You know, I've thought of Dragons as a proud and majestic race, so full of wisdom, yet not afraid to put up a fight when the situation calls for it. It'll be an honor to fight alongside you."

Lucia giggled "I donno about wise, but thank you. I look forward to see how a Dhampir handles them selves. I heard less then flattering story's about the pure blooded Vampire form the rather short war our peoples had, but then the general consensus is that in the case of Vampire, the half-breed offspring are superior to the pure-bloods due to the lack of easily exploitable weaknesses, and I think I might have just insulted your father ... sorry"

"FROMANZIO!" John yelled as he entered

"Oh dear, this cannot be good, especially if it involves him."
"'Good' and 'Fromanzio' don't even belong in the same sentence ..." she said stuffing the rest of her doughnut in her mouth

"Perhaps we should join Lucius at the meeting table?"
"Sure"

---Italian Alps---

A-Lucia crossed her arms again "Just make sure you don't send any one up to Wagner that has some deep seated inner conflict, the potential for that causing problems is to great. In the mean time I'll make sure the seal doesn't erase 10 miles of territory from existence when you all go add a layer or two"

She then turned to Zal'Teer "When I get back, it'll be safe to proceed as you plan to with Dr'az, just be wary of the potential for Shadows" then just like that, A-Lucia vanished.

-Italian Alps-

Bowl mentally went through the current list of magic users. Sally had problems after she escaped the Order of Magic, but she has adjusted well and was in a good mental state. Sally had a human mother, so she was able to reenter human society much better. Collin on the other hand still had so long standing issues to work out. The only thing that had driven him to flee the magical school was seeing some of the horrific things the order does to "traitors" and "lower beings." Collin was "full blood", so had to be taught how to do basic things that normal people had taken for granted, and still is seeing a therapist. Astryd was fine, in a fully stable relationship, living a happy life, even if the harvest the life force from living creatures to make curses creeps many people out. Lukas was a tricky one, Bowl did not know if the addiction for alchemy counted as "deep seated inner conflict" or not, but she decided not to risk it. The shaman, the name escaped Bowl, and Bai Zhi had to be fine mentally, since both of their powers depend on them being in a calm mental state. Joseph the shadow master also fully passed all his mental tests, even if he was a hermit.

Now, the rest of the various personal, Bowl was not sure off the top of her head. Whenever she got back to camp, Bowl made a note to look through every physcological profile before selecting the teams that would go after the Wagner.

-Base camp-

Berhanu opened his eyes, having intuned himself as much of this strange land of ice as rock as he could. Something was deeply wrong.

Joseph walked up to Berhanu, seeing his distress.

"What's wrong?" Joseph asked, his shadow still digging up the trench around the base.

"This place is crying," Berhanu said, "But the soul of this land is so strange to me. I do not know what has happened here, or what will happen here in this mountain, but something isn't right."

"Could it just be the existence of the seals?" Joseph asked.

"No.," Berhanu said flatly, "If a great evil is held via spells and incantations, the land knows it's duty, nature must lend her hand to make sure the horrors do not escape. Something is causing this land pain, I feel it is trying to reach to me and tell, but I don't understand it."

"Do you have any ideas?" Joseph tried to be helpful, "Could what is sealed not be a great evil at all, or not even a seal?"

"That may cause this pain I feel," Berhanu reflected, "Nature despises being forced to hold what does not deserve to be held, and ancient curses leaves a stench on the land, but it may be other things, I cannot know."

"I'm going to report this," Joseph said heading back into the base, "Try to find out anything more."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked