The Darkest Corners: A Modern Fantasy RP (Interest Thread - Closed)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 26 NEXT

Zaheer saw what Richard was doing and stopped him. Spells were dangerous in the best conditions and if Richard hadn't done this before he could easily kill the man.

"Have you tried that in Ascended form before? If you haven't then please stop for a moment and consider you are risking turning his brain to mush."

John had been knocked unconscious by the third spell. Blacking out and true sleep often look the same, but really are two very different things, his mind wasn't at piece. John's mind was devoid of anything.

Also, staying unconscious for long periods of time tend to result in brain damage.

And he still was was holding Terra's hand.

"So she is" She said as the newcomer sat down.

"Indeed-y." Pegs muttered.

Pegs squirmed as Lucia gave a handshake to the snake lady she was sitting next to. She seemed friendly enough, for a dragon. Now hopefully the other one was friendly as well. At least she wouldn't have to conjure up her own entertainment then. Well, on one flight, Pegs had decided to conjure up illusions all over the place to dull the pain of boredom. She had gotten a very stern talk from a flight attendant while she just sheepishly smiled. What did you expect? Her race was known for the tricks they pulled on humans, and for Pegs, that was a huge temptation. She was brought out of reminiscing about pranks and the stern lectures than following when the snake lady addressed her.

"Mohini." She said, and then scratched her cheek with the same hand, before pointing to the fey. "And who are you?"

"Just call me Pegs." She grinned as she settled back into the seat.

" My main concern was with the panicking mage in the middle of a variety of enemies in an enclosed metal space. Now I can properly calculate" Richard reached into his overshirt and took out a notebook, flipping through it to some equations for what amounted to a wake-up coffee spell. offhandly conjuring a pen, he started adjusting for his ascension, hyper-focusing on the calculations, as the pen whipped across the page. "Zaheer, check these for me please."

Lucia flipped back around as sat down "well, apparently some guy in the back is having a panic attack or something, but look like one of those uber mages are handling it" She said before turning back to Mohini.

"So whats taking you to England, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Zaheer, check these for me please."

"That isn't the point. Your calculations are fine but you can't just cast spells on whoever you want like that without eventually hurting someone unintentionally. I get that you had more practice than I did with exactness before Ascension but that doesn't mean you can't make a mistake. All I ask is that you don't make unnecessary spells and especially not in my presence."

Zaheer was actually impressed that Richard's calculations were about as close as they could be. He would have slightly altered them but independence was important as far as learning goes. Zaheer just didn't want the inevitable mistakes to end up costing lives.

"So how was it? Ascending I mean. Mine was violent but I don't think yours was, I would have heard a lot more about it than a simple off handed mention were that the case."

"It was rather painful and violent for me, but outwardly I just had some rudimentary four dimensional bent space patterns. Relatively peaceful. I heard about your ascension a while back, I think, took out a couple city blocks didn't you?" Richard looked back to the man and cast his spell, which would take effect over a series of a few minutes to bring the other man back as his mind was ready

"Yeah, it wasn't too much trouble after getting Katie to wake up. Since they were calling for boarding in groups, it meant that the cues weren't overly long." Seras said smiling.

"You know what was up with that Vampire guy in the terminal?" John asked. "If your talking about Sir Edward Crim, then he is a pure blood Vampire fanatic, sees them as the top of the food chain.... And by the way, the name is Seras Rogue." Seras said explaining the situation to John. John seemed to panic and Terra joined the conversation. "I wouldn't worry too much John; they're telling the truth. Neither Richard nor Zaheer really want to cause any problems. In any event; none of us bite er... well, most of us anyway; so it should be a quiet flight. My name's Terra by the way; pleasure to meet you." John responded with. "John was my father's name. Also, if you would please, stop reading my mind. It is really $#^*ing creepy to have people IN MY HEAD." Theon had to suppress a smile. It had been something to get used to for him at first too. He wondered if there was something in his grandfathers book to seal his thoughts. He was sure that there was something, the question only was how good would he have to be to cast it. Maybe he should ask Richard or Seras to help him. They had both trained for it, they should be able help him. But that was something to worry about later.

"You people look... funny," John said suddenly changing his mood. The air reeked of magic Theon didn't like the smell much. "Did introduce my seating mates guys? This one is a Werewolf in London and that one is a vampire thingy... a half vampire..." John said while waving his hand around like a drunken man. "Did I mention I love you guys? Your my favorite plane peoples since I sat next to a lepracorn on a trip to Malaysian," He was then hit by what seemed to be another spell forcing him to sleep. Theon sighed relived that Josh had fallen asleep. He looked at Seras "Maybe we can finally have some peace and quiet now."

"It was rather painful and violent for me, but outwardly I just had some rudimentary four dimensional bent space patterns. Relatively peaceful. I heard about your ascension a while back, I think, took out a couple city blocks didn't you?"

Zaheer smiled, though nobody could tell under his hood. He wouldn't be so cavalier about the reaction if he knew anybody killed. He did of course, but he had forgotten them at the same time, nothing but a blur.

"Is that what they say about me? Well, it wasn't in a city, the ascension occurred in a large village, I would tell you where but it's gone now. I kind of wonder who they all were, I forgot all of them. All I can remember is that I was a prodigal sort, wasn't pleased with where I was and thought it would be a good idea to try and ascend. People tried to stop me when they saw what I was doing but it was too late. The rest is as they say, history. I suppose if I had taken more time before going through with it, I might have saved them, but I don't think anybody remembers them now."

To many, Zaheer figured his lack of caring about the murder of everyone he knew in a past life would scare them off. Richard was hopefully different.

"I wouldn't worry too much John; they're telling the truth. Neither Richard nor Zaheer really want to cause any problems. In any event; none of us bite er... well, most of us anyway; so it should be a quiet flight. My name's Terra by the way; pleasure to meet you." Terra said in an attempt to calm John down; but having to slightly change her phrasing a little to account for the vampires that were on-board.

John soon responded, but sounded a little scared. "John was my father's name. Also, if you would please, stop reading my mind. It is really $#^*ing creepy to have people IN MY HEAD." Seras could tell that Terra had inadvertently used her mind reading powers. "You people look... funny." John said suddenly changing his mood, it seemed as though he was getting sleepier. Seras could feel a slight change in the air as he spoke, as if being effected by something; magic of course being the obvious answer judging from all the magic capable beings in the room.

"Did introduce my seating mates guys? This one is a Werewolf in London and that one is a vampire thingy... a half vampire..." John said, his movements becoming more erratic by the minute. "Did I mention I love you guys? Your my favourite plane peoples since I sat next to a leprechaun on a trip to Malaysian." Until he finally fell asleep. Theon soon breathed a sigh of relief and turned to Seras's direction.

"Maybe we can finally have some peace and quiet now."

"I certainly hope so Theon." Seras said with a smile as she rested her head on Theon's shoulder again, her hand still being held by his; then suddenly giggled.

"Hey, do you remember when I told you that your shoulder made a comfy pillow? Good times." She asked quietly, yawning like she was going to fall asleep herself, but managed to keep herself from doing so.

John started to "wake up," his mind clicking into place after being put into an "ultra calm state" (I.E. coma). His mind slowly started to process what just happened.

John grabbed the sides of his head to quell the massive headache he had. "Still breathing, still can feel my hands, still on the plane from Hell," John thought, noting he was still alive.

"If that display was supposed to convince me these people are control of their powers, they have failed miserably," John mentally cringed, wishing he relieve his headache with magic, but combing this many spells in such a short amount of time was far to dangerous.

He signed, was at least thankful everybody had been leaving him alone, and continued his magazine golem creation, not trying so hard to hide it.

Richard dug about his carry on bag as much as he could with the one arm Terra didn't instantly lock down. Finding some asprin, he handed it back to the mage behind him "Spells would be risky, but after so much blasting your head must kill."

Lucius frowned at being ignored by the half-demon, shook his head, and muttered the words for a mild needling curse to grab his attention. That achieved, Lucius looked over his shoulder to see who was behind him. He noticed a couple of what appeared to be mages - powerful ones, by the looks of it - and decided they had more potential to be allies anyways. He swiveled around a little, and decided to introduce himself.
"Well, i'm glad i'm not the only powerful one around here. Imperiosus - and you two are?"

John grabbed the asprin while issue a small thanks. Right now, he was far from a friendly mood after having his mind invaded, emotionally broken, stoned, and knocked out. Asprin alwasy refused to work on John, but he swallowed it anyway, hoping he could will it into working.

"Well, i'm glad i'm not the only powerful one around here. Imperiosus - and you two are?"

"Great," John thought, "The LICH is now getting interested."

At very least, his attention appeared to be on the Ascended mages, hopefully keeping all of their attention away from him right now.

John looked out the window, wondering what he could say at his debriefing that wouldn't land him Elderich duty, shuddering at the thought.

"Pegs" She repeated, after the fey had given her its name. Mohini turned away from them, and thought about picking up her laptop again, since the flight would probably take a while anyway.

"So whats taking you to England, if you don't mind me asking?"

Apparently they weren't done talking with her, not that she minded that much. It was a chance of pace, compared to traveling alone. She thought about her answer, for a short moment, but remembered that she didn't actually need to hide anything this time.

"I'm just going to meet my daughter, which I haven't seen for some years. What about you?"

"I'm just going to meet my daughter, which I haven't seen for some years. What about you?"

Lucia nodded "Well I hope it goes well for you two. I'm just doing the 'tourist' bit, Earth has changed considerably since the last time I was here, hell, aircraft where still propeller driven last time I was on Earth. Anyway, I'm hitting England, France, Germany, Spain, and Italy for sure, maybe a couple others but those ones for certain" she said with a bit of child like enthusiasm, these outing always lifted her spirits.

As Joseph awoke and took an aspirin, Terra retracted her arm, apologizing for the problems she and Richard had caused. "Sorry about the mind thing... I can't always control it." she said sheepishly, "I hope you have a good flight and stay in England-" she added, trying to take the conversation in a direction that didn't involve powers, "-Or wherever you're headed."; the last part as she had no idea where the now-less-panicked wizard was headed. She slipped back into her seat, bidding Seras and Theon a "good night" - she had no intention of remaining awake; she'd deal with the jet lag later.

As the last of the passengers filtered into their seats (or, in the case of one industrious bird, into an overhead compartment), the stewards and stewardesses made their rounds through the cabin; closing overhead bins, checking seatbelts, and making sure tray tables where 'locked in their upright position.' It was during this period that one of the stewards - a man calling himself "Octavious" - approached isles 12-14, and spoke to everyone's least favorite vampire lord. "Sir, your seats in First class are still-" he started to say before Edward Crim, in his very personable way, interrupted him. "I have already told you; give them to someone else. And would someone finally get my wife a blanket; it has been quite long enough." he said, at this point just annoyed. The Steward hurried off to find the aforementioned blanket - and a pillow to boot. Edward grunted an acknowledgement - though it was nothing resembling a "thank you." A few minutes thereafter, a human businesswoman and a newlywed couple of goblins moved into first class. To anyone who looked, Crim eyed the three closely, then at Imperious before he closed his eyes; trying to drift off into sleep.

Soon thereafter, the sounds of the plane moving toward the runway became apparent - though not visible to most in the unilluminated night. The Stewards began their safety talks, though most ignored them in their lack-of-sleep induced addled state. Shortly thereafter, the plane took off and they were on there way. The cabin lights dimed to black; broken only by the occasional, dim reading light that sent strange shadows through the cabin.

Lucius, ever the borderline-paranoid, checked the integrity of his wards, making sure he would know if he were in any personal danger. He looked around, noticing the Lord Crim eying him, and fixed his gaze Crim for a few seconds. He muttered a few words in (not that anyone was likely to hear them) Latin, attempting to establish a telepathic link to the Lord.
He'd missed him in the departures lounge, with the other people to interfere, so he felt the need to start conversing. Assuming his link was set, Lucius thought at the Vampire,
"Lord Crim, my name is Imperiosus, we met in the airport. It has come to my attention that you may have tidings of... an old rival of mine..."

"I certainly hope so Theon." Seras said with a smile as she rested her head on Theon's shoulder. Her hand was stil held by his, she suddenly giggled. "Hey, do you remember when I told you that your shoulder made a comfy pillow? Good times." She asked quietly, yawning like she was going to fall asleep. Theon smiled "I remember, those were good times indeed. And I am glad that my shoulder is such an comfortable pillow." He whispered back. "How about we get some sleep now? I am tired." Theon yawned, he ignored most of what was going on around him. Though the smell of undead caught his attention, he was a bit worried about that smell.

"It's ok, you didn't mean it," John said, concealing the irritation in his voice.

"-Or wherever your headed." That cheered John a bit, since it signified his mind was safe. John honestly had no idea where he was going, if the PIA would give him a new mission in London as soon as he touched down, or send back right on another plane to some other corner of the universe. They were having the debriefing in a hidden and warded part of the terminal. They always keep field agents in the dark about anything after the mission, to avoid any compromised agents from revealing the PIA's future plans.

"Sir, your seats in First class are still-"

"I have already told you; give them to someone else. And would someone finally get my wife a blanket; it has been quite long enough."

John heard that comment (Lord Crim was as quiet and subdued as a banshee on her period), seeing a human and some goblins moving up, not at all objecting to their "seat upgrades" (John wasn't sure if it was all the world ending paranormals in this section of plane, or the concrete seats. He was guessing the latter.)

"So, there is a reason Lord Crim, Ultra Vampire specist, is willing to sit back here on these slabs of rock instead of First Class," John reasoned in his mined, "the question now is, WHAT is that reason, how did the PIA know he was going to be back here if his ticket said first class, and why didn't they tell me he was making the switch?"

While he couldn't see Crim, he noticed the Lich had stopped trying to talk to the ascended mages, and staring where Lord Crim should be. "Oh Great, the Lich and the vampires are pen pals," John mentally sighed again, now working on turning the emergency "give illusion of safety" sheet into another golem.

Zaheer saw yet another mage come at him. They were just packed in droves. Mages and vampries, the flight. Though, this one was something else, a lich! The arch-magus was always curious about those kinds. Instead of sacrificing their bodies, they gave up their souls. Some say it's a better sacrifice, but their free will can be subverted by the one who made them a lich. Most kill their masters at some point though, so Zaheer was neutral on the idea.

"Call me Zaheer. Where does one get the name Imperiosus? I wouldn't assume you were given that name."

As the plane took to the air, a world away ...

It was around late morning on Jade, T'mat was discussing a matter of state with Zal'Teer High Elder of the Gold brood and Phyro'teth, High Elder of the Iron brood, the matter was minor, but could become major if left unchecked, and the solution seemed simple enough. Waiting patently for a chance to do his job, a young Copper dragon with a messengers satchel. Zal'Teer waved the messenger over when he noticed him, the messenger hurrying to the the High Elder with a message for him, and then to T'mat with one before excusing him self from the room. T'mat signed "Phenomenal god like powers, still uses the regular mail system" The queen said with a bemused sigh while the other two chuckled "I take your presence is requested else where?" T'mat nodded "Then we shall reconvene after your meeting, in the mean time Zal'Teer and I shall start the stop gaps we discussed" Phyro'teth said with a bow as the two High Elders excused them selves.

After the pair left T'mat opened a portal to a distant mountain range, on which a great palace rested, though absent of any guards. As T'mat approached the gates swung open to a grand hall that lead into the mountain at the end of which was a 'room' that bore a closer resemblance to a stadium then a normal room, at the center, a dragon of truly monstrous size lay, more then a thousand feet long from snout to tail, and almost two hundred feet tall at the shoulder, it's body dotted with hundreds of Ether Vents that glowed a pale blue against its midnight black scales "Welcome T'mat" it said as she entered, it's emerald eyes fixing on her as she stopped at the base of it's 'throne' to bow "I under stand that you have sent diplomats to Earth, why?" it's tone semi neutral, more over it already knew the answer "This generation of human seems more open minded then the last, I am simply giving them the chance to ether prove they are better then their ancestors, and actually open a dialog this time" the much larger dragon stared at T'mat for a few moments "It also seems to be the will of the people that our borders become more open"

The massive dragon chuckled "One of which troubles you, still. You still believe Lucia should be made to hand the Tear over. My word on that is the same as it was when I ordered it sent to her" T'mat was clearly choosing her words carefully, it always confused her why such a powerful relic was sent to a slave of all people, let alone allowed to keep it. "Then, if i may ask, what's so special about her?" The Dragon chuckled, then thought a moment before replying "How about a story T'mat? it said rhetorically.

"Many millennia ago, there was a slave girl, this girl was willful, and disobedient, and she was passed from owner to owner in an effort to break her, all they managed to do was instil a deep hated in the girls heart. By the time the girl was of age war between human and dragon kind had broken out, and this war made its way to her current masters door step, every one save her was killed. the girl escaped death by swearing loyalty to the dragon's queen if she was spared, and it was so, the girl lived. The war with the humans was not going as well as the dragon's queen had hoped, the fighting had only resulted in a stalemate and not the swift decisive victory the queen had been expecting, so the queen decided the best use for the humans that had sided with her, would be to reshape them into dragons them selves. The process was swift, but painful for those reborn as Dragons, the little slave girl was all to eager to take revenge on the humans who deemed her 'inferior' due to her skin color. T'mat listened, this wasn't the first story she'd sat through, but it was by far the most, interesting. The Dragon spoke of events that never happened, but very well could have. "With the addition in numbers and dragons formerly human desiring vengeance for years of mistreatment, even the most stubborn defensive lines began to fail, and it looked as though the dragons would succeed in wiping the human race from existence. However the humans had been working on a 'secret weapon' of their own, you know them as Ascended Mages T'mat knew where the story was going before The Dragon even got there, it was the Ascended Mages that she saw as the most dangerous, and ultimately the reason why Jade was created to avoid the war, since dragon kind is incapable of 'Ascending' "lets just say, things turn badly very quickly, the Girl was maimed, losing her left arm up past her elbow, and scarred for the remained of her life, but escaped death, but a great many other dragons where slain, so many that the queen fear the race would go extinct, while the girl continued to fight, believing surrender or any form of compromise at this point would result in a return to 'slavery', and she was determined to never go back to that, and it was in a battle near the end of the war an unexpected thing happened, the girl, whom was a human but now a dragon, 'Ascended'. as much a boon as this was, it was to little, to late, the war was lost. T'mat grew interested at 'Ascended', as no dragon had ever Ascended before, but before she could question this turn, The Dragon raised a claw to silence her "The answer is coming, just wait."It said before continuing

"The war was a lost cause, and the humans where drive to not leave a single dragon left alive, so the queen did the only thing she could do, order the Ascended Dragon to escape, under the orders of 'find a new world, be it this dimension or some other, rebuild our people, and if possible, keep them from destroying them selves'. This dragon did as she was ordered, she left, sought a new world, ultimately settling on a parallel universe and with the blood given from member's of each brood, gave dragon kind new life, and the rest ... you know

Theon had smiled as he spoke back in a whisper, hoping to not disturb the other passengers. "I remember, those were good times indeed. And I am glad that my shoulder is such an comfortable pillow." He then yawned, the onset of sleep fast approaching. "How about we get some sleep now? I am tired." The lights on the plane soon grew dark, with only the emergency lights on the floor creating a path; as the plane soon took off. Nearby cabin crew were performing the required safety demonstration, although Seras was only paying just enough attention to understand; thanks to the lack of rest.

"Yeah, it certainly has been a long day for us, what with all the last minute preparation we had to do. I'll keep an ear out in case anything requires out attention. Anyway, good night." Seras said softly, before kissing Theon on the cheek and falling off into sleep.

T'mat sat silent for a few moments, taking in what she'd just heard "You've spun some wild tales before but this? This wholly different. No Dragon has ever Ascend, how is it possible that, assuming your story is true, you who where born human was able to do what true born dragons have not " T'mat awaited her answer, which she got,the Ascended Dragons ether vents and eyes went dark, then its form cracked and shattered, the fragments dissolving as the hit the stone, in place of the much larger dragon, there was a standard sized Platinum dragon, horribly scarred and missing its right front leg, which was replaced with a pale blue 'hard light' prosthetic, its horns where damaged or sheered off and one of its eyes where damaged, "The 'Ascended' part it the only part you question?" 'she' said, with a voice similar to Lucia's, but a little raspier due to the neck injury "Pure blooded dragons, or rather, dragons as a whole, seem to have a different set of requirements then say, humans, for Ascension. Dragon kind as a whole has simply not discovered those requirements yet, and my Ascension was never studied in depth due to the war we where losing"

T'mat was naturally very surprised by the sudden turn of events, but it set gears in motion in her head. "Now, I bet I know what your thinking 'Is that is why you sent the Tear to this worlds Lucia, so she could Ascend', the answer to that, is no. She was a slave, and as you might expect, I've developed a rather strong distaste for the practice." T'mat let this sink in as the 'Ascended Lucia' returned to its much more massive dragon form T'mat while the story and revalation where thought provoking, she still hadn't gotten her answer "Still does not answer why she gets to keep Bahamut's Tear, even if she's 'you', she's proven rather, irresponsible not to mention lazy.""I leave the Tear in her care hoping it will get, stolen, for all the reason you just mentioned" Ascended Lucia said, before cracking a smirk "Though, I do envy her freedom, but even so, she's taking this 'peace' for granted, she needs to shape up now, rather then later. she said finishing on the topic of her other self.

"At any rate, how have the talks with the humans been progressing?" the conversation switching gears rather suddenly back to matters of more pressing importance, while on the plane this dimensions Lucia chatted with Pegs and Mohini to a lesser degree, about random stuff

"Call me Zaheer. Where does one get the name Imperiosus? I wouldn't assume you were given that name."
Lucius snapped back around to the Mages, his attention broken from his telepathy. He didn't feel in the mood to give the mage a hard time for this insult to his name - a fight at this altitude could kill way too many potential allies.
"I can't imagine being called Zaheer, personally. I suppose you weren't to know I was named in the Glorious Empire of Rome, though, so I won't register it against you. If you'd prefer, my Praenomen - er, forename, nowadays - Is Lucius ", Lucius thought for a moment, "So I assume you ascended? Was attaining Lichdom just too challenging for you?"

Roland had managed to hide in an overhead compartment near the front row seats without anyone noticing. He had been waiting patiently for the plane to take off, only hearing muffled sounds of people talking nearby. Once it was clear that the plane had taken off, Roland tried to get out of his little hiding spot. The compartment was cramped and stuffy and there was no reason to remain hiddend since it was impossible to just stop the planefor a moment to throw him out.

He tried to open the compartment door, gently pecking and clawing it to find any sort of handle or locking mechanism, only to realize that there was no way to open it from the inside. Roland suddenly felt a pang of fear. Did the compartment somehow seem smaller? Why was there suddenly less air to breathe?

Just stay calm. There's no need to panic. You can get out of here.

Roland took a deep breath to calm himself, then started to peck at the door with a loud "THOK! THOK! THOK!".

John had finished his last golem. Paper and plastic were not the most ideal substances to use, but they can always be used for scouting, a distraction, and send them to attack the enemies eyes.

John felt very tired ("How many %$&*ing spells did they hit me with?") and would of used a basic alertness spell if he still didn't think doing so was suicidal. He would have to wait about an hour before it would be safe to use magic on himself. He wasn't sure how long till the... "coffee" would be served. He hoped it would be as soon as they got to a steady altitude.

Well, at least his headache was subsiding...

THOK! THOK! THOK!

"Why!?!" John said, grabbing the sides of his head.

"So I assume you ascended? Was attaining Lichdom just too challenging for you?"

Zaheer laughed. "No not at all, it had never crossed my mind when I was younger. I ascended around the tender age of twelve so you have to understand I wasn't even aware Liches existed. Even then I still would have preferred to Ascend. It comes with far fewer strings attached. I picked the name Zaheer for myself, where I am from, it means luminous. I thought it fit quite nicely."

Zaheer was very well aware that Lucius was trying to insult him, Zaheer was quite used to ignoring the cries of the lesser creatures however.

"Yeah, it certainly has been a long day for us, what with all the last minute preparation we had to do. I'll keep an ear out in case anything requires out attention. Anyway, good night." Seras said softly, before kissing him. Theon smiled "Goodnight my love." He said before slowly falling asleep.

"THOK! THOK! THOK!" Theon opened his eyes, what the hell was that sound? It sounded like a wood pecker. Theon focused he took a deep breath and tried to find a woodpecker like smell. To his surprise he found one, the smell came from one of the overhead compartments. Theon looked down at Seras, getting up was not an option. He looked at the over head compartment, and stretched out his free hand. The arm grew until he had reached the compartment and opened it, his arm then shrunk back to his original size. Theon yawned once more hoping that the sound would be over now. He closed his eyes again trying to fall asleep.

Oh god. Why won't you OPEN?!

Roland started to panic and pecked faster. Small cracks were starting to appear on the door. Suddenly the compartment was opened. Roland didn't waste a second and shot out of it like a little feathery bullet. In his panic he didn't notice the other compartment on the other side of the plane until it was too late. He tried to slow down but still flew against it pretty hard. Roland was knocked sensless for a few moments and fell on top of whoever sat in seat 12F.

Lucia had heard the 'thuncking' sounds and was wondering where they where coming from, then heard a thud above her and felt something fall on her head then land in her lap "A bird? um ... That's not normal right? Wonder if its ok ..."

"No not at all, it had never crossed my mind when I was younger. I ascended around the tender age of twelve so you have to understand I wasn't even aware Liches existed. Even then I still would have preferred to Ascend. It comes with far fewer strings attached. I picked the name Zaheer for myself, where I am from, it means luminous. I thought it fit quite nicely."
Lucius rolled his eyes at the self-flattery the inferior mage was exhibiting. Avoiding his powerful urge to put this 'Zaheer' in his place, he went for what he thought to be a more tactful, diplomatic approach.

"So, where is it you come from then, Mage? And when, I suppose, would be a good question..."

John saw that he wasn't noticed the only thing that heard that horrid noise. "Is that the animorph I saw earlier?" He thought, watching Teon stretching his arm ("Since when can Werewolf can do that?") unlatching the compartment, and seeing the bird fly.

John watched a steward bending over to pick up the "bird" ("Did hitting the plastic at that speed break it's skull?") confounded as everybody else on the plane was.

"I need to get that bird," John thought, waiting for a chance to got to the "bathroom."

"So, where is it you come from then, Mage? And when, I suppose, would be a good question..."

Forget Richard, perhaps this one would be why Zaheer blew up the plane. Zaheer knew plenty about Liches. They sold their souls for power and from that, were controlled by a demon for a while...before they grew in power and killed the demon. There is a good reason there aren't many left, demons gave up on that practice a while back. This one was relatively old but still not as powerful as Zaheer. He wondered what the creature had been doing all this time. Then he remembered that a Lich is never truly dead and assumed that Lucius had spent a great deal of time dead.

"Syria. I ascended not too long ago, about six years now. What brings you to London then?"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 26 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked