My Little Pony: Record of the Equestrian Civil War (Closed/Started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

gabmed:
_

Matt S Hoimyr:
_

As Eos made her way through town, passing the town square, she noticed a massive amount of commotion had brewed around a Zebra and blue-ish Earth Pony. Glancing to her left and her right, she decided to just stop and watch what was going on, seeing if it might give her any clue as to the cause of the smoke coming from the town hall as well...

gabmed:

Uron smiles. "I've studied the Arcadian law. After all, I wouldn't be a good lawyer if I only knew the law of my country, would I?"

Uron looks around, at the crowd gathering. "I think they've heard you... and judging by the scene that just happened, I don't blame them..." Uron then serious the buck up and looks deep into his eyes. "Because I'm thinkin' the same thing about you."

The feeling of being tired comes over him again, he takes one long breath "Now...wait a minute." he's shambling towards Uron while speaking in a tone that makes him seem drunk and overconfident "I lived in Arcadia. Yes. BUT! I don't anymore." Silver stops and stares out over the crowd with empty eyes "this... uhmmm, well this isn't ... really... my ahh..." shakes the bag and closes his eyes for two/three seconds then regains eye contact with Uron"I am no.....wait, you have connections to the arcadian law? What made you do that? As far as I am concerned the law here in Equestria is rather different? ... Wait, this is Equestria right?"

"Well, this day sure sucked."

Hurley looked up at the sky. It was still bright out, but the sun would probably start to set soon. He was sitting on a bench by himself. There weren't that many others nearby, most had probably headed home by now.

"Headed..." Hurley shuddered. He couldn't stop thinking about the execution. He had never seen one before, but he knew that they occurred. He always assumed that the ones executed must have done something horrible, but this? Even Hurley knew it was wrong.

He looked at the guitar next to him. He had bought it right before the execution, but after witnessing that, he hadn't really been in the mood to play. But now, as the sun was setting, maybe it was fitting to play that one song. He picked it up and started playing it a bit. He was rusty, that much as certain. He realized that he hadn't played in a couple of years, but he wanted to play that song, and he wanted to play it well. He started strumming it, trying to remember how to play it.

It was dark out when he finally got it. He hesitated to play it, but it felt appropriate. He looked up at the sky again, seeing a big moon. He nodded at it before lowering his head and closing his eyes.

"This one goes to... well, ya know who ya are. We'll meet again." Hurley muttered the words, and hated himself for not knowing the name of the poor pony that was executed. He took a deep breath, and started to play. He played it flawlessly, and his voice was full of pain as he thought about what had happened that day.

Loose Leaf whistled. "Wow, nice trick. Where'd you learn that?"

Outside, they could hear somepony playing guitar and singing, but just sat and listened, occasionally taking bites or drinks.

Aireal looked at the image for a bit, thinking hard... Why did it look so familiar? She'd seen it somewhere, she just wasn't sure where... "That's her cutie mark...?"

Her thoughts were interrupted by the musician outside playing her favorite song. She couldn't help but hum the words.

Lumen seemed not to have heard them. He kept staring at the picture.
"...what did I forget...why is this so familiar...?"- he mumbled to himself, staring at the picture for a while longer begore finally snapping out of it.
"...huh...u...uhm...it's just a small trick I've picked up from some old book I've read...and yeah...I'm pretty sure it's her cutiemark..."- he looked at the picture again- "...I think..."

Matt S Hoimyr:

gabmed:

Uron smiles. "I've studied the Arcadian law. After all, I wouldn't be a good lawyer if I only knew the law of my country, would I?"

Uron looks around, at the crowd gathering. "I think they've heard you... and judging by the scene that just happened, I don't blame them..." Uron then serious the buck up and looks deep into his eyes. "Because I'm thinkin' the same thing about you."

The feeling of being tired comes over him again, he takes one long breath "Now...wait a minute." he's shambling towards Uron while speaking in a tone that makes him seem drunk and overconfident "I lived in Arcadia. Yes. BUT! I don't anymore." Silver stops and stares out over the crowd with empty eyes "this... uhmmm, well this isn't ... really... my ahh..." shakes the bag and closes his eyes for two/three seconds then regains eye contact with Uron"I am no.....wait, you have connections to the arcadian law? What made you do that? As far as I am concerned the law here in Equestria is rather different? ... Wait, this is Equestria right?"

Skywolf09:
*snip*

... Uron raises his eyebrow and nods. "Yeah... This is Equestria. And I've lived in Arcadia for some time in my life before I came back to Equestria. Are... you drunk, by any means, Mr. Snow? It just makes your situation worse if you ask me..."

gabmed:

... Uron raises his eyebrow and nods. "Yeah... This is Equestria. And I've lived in Arcadia for some time in my life before I came back to Equestria. Are... you drunk, by any means, Mr. Snow? It just makes your situation worse if you ask me..."

"yes! that's exactly what i mean! thank you Mr... Uron, was it?" suddenly lightens up and smiles then turns confused again "what? NO! i haven't being drinking anything.... literally."

Skywolf09:
*snip*

As the trio finished their meals, the minotaur waiter came up to them

"And how are you doing?" He asked cheer.

"Just fine, thank you." Loose Leaf responded. "We'll have the check now."

The minotaur nodded and placed the bill on the table. Loose Leaf frowned, but pulled out her purse anyway. "don't worry, I got this." She told the other two, as she placed several coins - known as Shards -on the table.

"Thank you, have a nice day!" The minotaur said cheerfully, and swept them off the table before returning to the front.

"So," Loose Leaf said after her left, "Where are you off to now?"

"So, where are you off to now?"

"I dunno, I'm on vacation. I was thinkin' about dropping by Ponyville to visit that one cake place. I've heard it's awesome."

Aireal drank up the last of her cider and lamented that she didn't get a chance to ask for a refill. "How 'bout you?"

"...uhm...yeah...the stuff in the Sugarcube Corner IS pretty good..."
Lumen looks at the table.
"...I guess...I'll...stay here...I...I need to stay here...I...think..."- he lets out a sad sigh- "...though...I don't know why anymore..."

Matt S Hoimyr:

gabmed:

"yes! that's exactly what i mean! thank you Mr... Uron, was it?" suddenly lightens up and smiles then turns confused again "what? NO! i haven't being drinking anything.... literally."

Skywolf09:
*snip*

"You know it's becoming very hard to trust you, right, Mr. Snow...?" Uron frowns, sighing. "Do I need to call the police? Or... the equivalent for such a small village."

gabmed:

"You know it's becoming very hard to trust you, right, Mr. Snow...?" Uron frowns, sighing. "Do I need to call the police? Or... the equivalent for such a small village."

For a second looks like he is gonna cry. "please, Mr uron. i am tired. i am a fugitive, i have been traveling for a long time. i am sleepy and undernourished" wipes sweat of his face "i don't want to make a big deal. I don't want to fight" awkward pause

Matt S Hoimyr:

gabmed:

For a second looks like he is gonna cry. "please, Mr uron. i am tired. i am a fugitive, i have been traveling for a long time. i am sleepy and undernourished" wipes sweat of his face "i don't want to make a big deal. I don't want to fight" awkward pause

"Hey!"

Suddenly the crowd is silenced by the sound of a mare's voice shouting into the scene. Everypony nearby turned their heads towards the back of the group, in the direction the sound emanated from...

... and in a bizarre delayed-discovery, Eos realized it was herself who made the noise.

"Uhmm..." the unicorn hesitated for a moment before just rolling with it, showing a more stern expression on her face as she slowly started trotting towards the center of the crowd, "Just give the colt a break, all right?"

Skywolf09:
*snip*

Matt S Hoimyr:
*snippet snup*

The zebra lifts his eyebrow... "You sound like you're sure that he didn't do anything bad..."

gabmed:

Skywolf09:
*snip*

Matt S Hoimyr:
*snippet snup*

The zebra lifts his eyebrow... "You sound like you're sure that he didn't do anything bad..."

"Maybe he did do something bad, yeah," Eos trotted over next to the bluish Earth Pony, looking over the crowd before sternly looking back at the questioning Zebra, "But whatever it was, I don't think it has anything to do with what's going on here, whatever it is going on here. Kid's too innocent for that, I can tell..."

From the corner of her eye, she could see the crowd that had gathered around the scene didn't seem to agree with her, staring at her with disapproving and confused faces. She could even faintly hear one shout something about the colt being Arcadian, as if that alone was a valid excuse to punish the poor guy.

Shit, mare, Eos thought to herself, a bad feeling developing in her gut, What are you getting yourself into now?

gabmed:

Skywolf09:
"But whatever it was, I don't think it has anything to do with what's going on here, whatever it is going on here. Kid's too innocent for that, I can tell...

Silver hears a crowd member yell something about being Arcadian, an idea begins forming in his head as suppresses the thought of giving the new unicorn mare that was now standing next to him a hug and instead whisper "thank you". He hopes that she got the message and turns back to Uron "she's right, I am guilty of many things but this" he waves his hoof in the direction of the damage "this......no. i am no monster" His voice is becoming hoarse.

Matt S Hoimyr:
*Snip*

Skywolf09:
*Snup*

Uron stopped for a second... then sighed. "...He can't be lying. You're right."

He turns to the crowd. "Allright, show's over, please go home. We'll get the guy sooner or later, but it's not this one!"

Somewhere Else...

Princess Magicka sat at her usual place in the Race Council, listening to the Ambassadors argue.

"All I'm saying," began Ambassador Glyph, a yellow and black Unicorn, "Is that we should make peace with our Equestrian neighbors!"

"No!" snapped Fido, one of the Diamond Dog leaders, "They never will accept us!"

Silently, the Princess got to her hooves and headed towards the door.

"P-princess? Where are you going?" One Ambassador asked.

"I need a bit of fresh air," the Princess responded airily, "I suppose you can just carry on without me."

And with that, she stepped through the doorway into the corridors. As she rounded the corner, she found General Saber Rattle waiting for her. Without missing a beat, she nodded her head, inviting him to walk alongside her.

"So, how is our plan coming along?" She asked. "Have you heard from Horus yet?"

"I just got his message, the plan went off without a hitch, they'll be wondering what we're planning..."

A cruel, very un-princess-like smile formed on Magicka's face. "Good. As for your part?"

"It went as well as suspected. Everypony seems to be getting into the spirit. Except..."

The Princess stopped in her tracks. "Except?"

The unicorn shifted nervously, as if he said something he shouldn't. "...Well, I can't be sure, but I think I saw someponies running away from the scene."

To his surprise, the Princess just smiled, this one somewhat nicer. "No matter, I suppose not everypony understands our... situation. Perhaps we should send out an invitation to the palace, so they can understand my plight?"

Matt S Hoimyr:
Snippy-poo

gabmed:
Snippity-dippidy Doo

Eos simply let out a long exhale of releif, her head drooping a little, "Well that could have gone over worse. Thank Celestia it didn't..."

Shaking her head a bit to regain her composure, the unicorn mare looked back at the earth pony she had just stood up for. She couldn't help but suddenly feel a bit... awkwardly silent for a few moments. Getting involved in something akin to this was, unsurprisingly, something Eos didn't really prepare for nor did she expect to do. It just sortof happened out of instinct, maybe as something left over from her military days...

"Sooo..." Eos spoke up, glancing around a bit at the same time, "... I take it you could use a place to rest, Kid?"

Skywolf09:
snopity snapity

gabmed:
slightly more Snipity

"oh, thank Celestia" buries face in his hooves and sighs "ughhh" He hears what the unicorn said "hmm, what? Uhmmm yeah, that sound like something i would have enjoyed, yes." Takes a little bow for the mare He smiles to her and takes a stolen glance over at Uron the zebra and shouts. "hey, mr Uron. No hard feelings!?!"
turns back to the unicorn "I am Silver by the way, Silver Snow. hi"

Matt S Hoimyr:
Major Snips

Skywolf09:
Minor Snails

Uron chuckles. "Yes, you've told me, Mr. Snow. But... what about you, Miss? I haven't heard your name..."

Matt S Hoimyr:
Snippy-snip

gabmed:
pins-yppinS

"I'm Eos. Eos Dawn," the unicorn mare stated to Silver and Uron, giving them both a little nod, "Nice to meet ya' both, even if how we met wasn't the best."

She then turned to Silver specifically, "And, well, I cannot guarantee anything for you. I'm not from here. I just got off a train and I have to meet up with some guy named 'Noteworthy' who's going to give me a place to stay," Eos then gave a little shrug and patted the earth pony's back, "Like I said, I can't tell you for sure you'll be able to stay there too, but I'll try to pull some strings and see what happens."

Skywolf09:
sniping

gabmed:
sniped

"Well I suppose, but at least how we met was a memorable experience." Tries to put on a smile and little laugh in order to shake of the awkwardness of the situation. "oh, wow. That is the nicest thing somepony has done for quite some time now thank you, I a ... i ... thank you. it's okay if you can't find anything, i am just happy to know someone tried to help" puts on a big smile and looks to city hall. "i should have chat with some government agent about immigration but this place is probably gonna be closed for some time" He thought.

Ultraman950:
*bleep*

CrazyGirl17:
*blop*

Lumen makes a sad sigh and slowly gets off his chair.
"...speaking of staying here...I'm sorry...but...I should go...work to do...rent to pay...and such...it was nice to meet you two..."

Equestria

The cleaning of the rubble of Town Hall was underway, everypony capable was doing their part to clean up. But there was still the problem of what had just happened. What if there was another attack?

Applejack half-heartedly pushed some rubble aside, lost in thought. Rarity noted her distress and came over to her.

"Is something the matter?"

Pausing in the middle of pushing aside some rubble, Applejack glanced up at her. "Yeah... something about this doesn't sit right with me... why would there be an attack on Equestrian soil? I thought the war was over..."

Rainbow Dash landed next to them. "We should strike back, make 'em pay for what they did!" She said, looking ready for battle.

But Applejack just shook her head. "Naw, we should wait for word from Princess Celestia before we go rushin' in all willy-nilly."

Rarity put a hoof to her chin in thought. "I believe Spike already sent a message to the Princess letting her know what happened."

Applejack nodded. "Alright. In the meantime, we'd better get back to cleaning this mess up." She raised her head a bit, spotting a few able-bodied ponies in the distance. "Hey you? Think you could give us a helping hoof here?"

---

Arcadia

Loose Leaf nodded. "Yeah, alright, I guess I got to get going too."

The three of them exited the restaurant, with the minotaur cheerfully seeing them out. Across the street, a lone Earth Pony was playing a guitar and singing. A few passersby had even stopped to listen. It was actually pretty peaceful here, as compared to earlier.

Moments later, however, the unicorn general from earlier approached, his cold gazed leveled on Loose Leaf, Aireal and Lumen.

"You three," he said, gesturing to them, "Have been invited to the Palace to meet her Majesty Princess Magicka. And if you don't want to come, well, you have no choice in the matter."

"You three have been invited to the Palace to meet her Majesty Princess Magicka. And if you don't want to come, well, you have no choice in the matter."

But it's my day off! Aireal whined in her head. She knew whining out loud wouldn't do her any good. Instead, she just saluted. "Yes, sir. May I ask what she wants to talk about, sir?"

She honestly didn't expect him to tell her on the spot. Being ordered to see royalty isn't generally something you trumpet in the streets. A visit, sure, or more importantly if she's visiting you (which she never does), but a direct order to see her? Something's up. Aireal wanted to know what, but not while she was supposed to be on vacation. It could hardly be helped, though. An order's an order.

Lumen hung his head down. He knew that there was no point in resisting, so he just looked at the ground and decided to follow the orders quietly, hoping for the best.
...hmm...maybe...that's a good thing that the princess wants us to see her...- he thought- ...I have to figure this whole thing out...I know I have a reason to be here...and she's the key...somehow...
He let out a sad sigh and looked back at the guard.
...I just hope it won't get me in trouble...though...something is wrong...I just...know it...

Matt S Hoimyr:
*Lightning*

Skywolf09:
*Dust*

"It's very nice to meet you, Miss Dawn." Uron nods and smiles. "And I've checked in on an hotel for tonight, Mr. Snow. I could give you the room keys and trasnfer the room to your name, if you want it."

CrazyGirl17:
*AAAND SNEAKY SNEAKY SNIP*

He then notices the mare. "I think she's calling us..."

He trots to her and smiles. "Absolutely. What do you want help with, M'am?"

gabmed:
snip begins

Skywolf09:
the snip knight

CrazyGirl17:
the snip knight rises

He opens his mouth to answer Uron but get's interrupted by a mare in a cowboy hat.
He watches Uron answer her and trot over to her. Silver then turns back to the unicorn now know as Eos and smiles while shaking his head in the direction of the yelling mare, as a way of saying "i am going over, are you coming?". than continued trotting

"Absolutely. What do you want help with, M'am?"

Applejack eyed the zebra standing in front of her. "Yeah, do you think you and those other two could help us move some of this here rubble?"

Beside her, Rarity raised a well-groomed eyebrow. "Hm... I haven't seen you around here before, are you new here?"

Privately, she hoped it would be a while before Pinkie Pie found out, the last thing this poor zebra needed was a shock like one of her spontaneous "greetings".

Arcadia...

Glancing back at the other two, Loose Leaf swallowed hard. "O-okay, then, I guess we'll go along."

The older Unicorn smiled nastily, then turned around. "Very well, then, follow me."

The three of them followed, unsure of what the Princes had planned for them...

CrazyGirl17:
snip

[ooc] People are carried away on the festivities of Christmas. I suggest you get the steam/skype of the participants and talk to them directly, that's how I made my last RP work for so long. [/occ]

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here