Arcane Uprising: Setting Sun 2.0 (Dragon Age Mage RP) [Open, Started. PM GM for info on joining.]

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Arcane Uprising: Setting Sun

The mages have had a long standing link with the fade, from the first mage Archon Thalsian, a Tevinter, to the bound mages of the Magi. Mages. After the Chantry becomes the predominant force in Thedas they banned the use of magic outside of Chantry control and fully outlawing blood magic. To ensure these measures the Chantry creates the Templars and employs the Rite of Tranquility, or removing the connection a mage has to the Fade, to force mages to obey the rule of the Maker. Soon after mages practicing magic outside of the Circle of Magi, or illegal magic, where branded illegal and became apostate and maleficar, creating clashes between illegal mages and the Chantry, even between Magi mages.

For years many mages have tried to break free of the Chantry, even going as far as to try and free the Magi mages but no revolt seems to bring much progress. Many apostates and maleficar are left feeling bitter and cold towards the Chantry and the Circle. Some even kill Templars and Chantry member for sport.

However, bigger issues are brewing in Thedas; in Ferelden the wounds are still fresh from the blight that ended six months ago. With the hero of Feralden, the Warden Commander, away in Coastland, Feralden is in need of help driving the remaining Darkspawn back underground. King Alistar called on Antivan Gray Warden Fen Arsan, former Crow and elf slave, to rebuild the Warden's numbers in Ferelden. With her new order fresh in her mind she recruits potential Wardens from all over the country, from the mages to Denerim. Fen at last found 8 candidates she'll put through the Joining.

I've been waiting for an RP like this for years.

Hope I can get a sheet up soon.

EDIT: I think I'm done now.

Finished the sheet.

Here's my entry.

Sure. Save me a space I'll have a sheet up my tomorrow after I get some rest. Quick question though. If you want to play as a mage, are you a) an apostate who was found by the Wardens, b) taken away from the Circle or c) I decide in my bio ?

(Speaking from experience with the prior incarnation of this RP) Either one. Both are acceptable origins.

Let me know if you want me to edit something.

Well this looks interesting, I may edit this sheet later, and if anyone has any comments/suggestions I would be happy to hear them.

I might not have access to the internet over thanksgiving break, so I would like to know when this is starting.

ultrachicken:
Snip

Rogues cannot be Guardians, it's a warrior thing FYI. Also they can't use shields unless you meant for him to be a warrior. Other then that I see no issue.

TheIronRuler:
Chop

It's just my Gray Warden that's looking for people, it's not a group of Wardens.

Lizmichi:

ultrachicken:
Snip

Rogues cannot be Guardians, it's a warrior thing FYI. Also they can't use shields unless you meant for him to be a warrior. Other then that I see no issue.

Apologies, my original concept was a rogue Legion Scout, but I decided to go with a warrior guardian instead. Guess I forgot to change one part. I'll fix it ASAP.

Lizmichi:

TheIronRuler:
Chop

It's just my Gray Warden that's looking for people, it's not a group of Wardens.

I don't think I specified all of the group to be gray wardens. Could the gray warden be accompanied with a group of adventurers?

TheIronRuler:

Lizmichi:

TheIronRuler:
Chop

I don't think I specified all of the group to be gray wardens. Could the gray warden be accompanied with a group of adventurers?

Yes it's possible but not likely. That's the only issue I have really.

Lizmichi:

TheIronRuler:

Lizmichi:

Ok, I guess? It's minor and I can edit it out if you want. Is there anything else you would like to say about my character?

TheIronRuler:

Lizmichi:

TheIronRuler:

Ok, I guess? It's minor and I can edit it out if you want. Is there anything else you would like to say about my character?

Honestly, it's up to you. Other then that I saw not issue.

Lizmichi:

TheIronRuler:

Lizmichi:

Honestly, it's up to you. Other then that I saw not issue.

I fixed it. Tell me if it's any better.

I give my entry for consideration.

Alright, finally got this one finished up!

Hmm, this one intrigues me, I may put a sheet depending on what I can create.

Are there still slots available in this?

c_westerman13:
Are there still slots available in this?

I think so, then again, this may be dead in the water, Liz hasn't said anything about anything for about a week or so now. That could just be holiday stuff though.

Sorry I was busy for THanksgiving. Anyway, there are still slots free, in fact I haven't picked any sheets yet. I'll select the sheets once I have enough to choose from. Anyway

BUMP FOR GLORY

Lizmichi:
Sorry I was busy for THanksgiving. Anyway, there are still slots free, in fact I haven't picked any sheets yet. I'll select the sheets once I have enough to choose from. Anyway

BUMP FOR GLORY

How DARE you have a life outside of the magical boxes we all sit in front of day-in, day-out!!!

I've got an idea I'd like to try so consider this an early draft. I'd be happy to hear any feedback you can offer.

Redryhno:

Lizmichi:

BUMP FOR GLORY

How DARE you have a life outside of the magical boxes we all sit in front of day-in, day-out!!!

Yes even though I'm getting free training to fix these magic boxes how dare I have a busy life filled with work and turkey.

If this is still happening does anyone want to set up shared back stories between characters?

avouleance2nd:
If this is still happening does anyone want to set up shared back stories between characters?

Would like to, but I don't see how we could.

ruedyn:

avouleance2nd:

Would like to, but I don't see how we could.

Our character's paths could have crossed in the past, Rose has travelled between the capital and her eleven tribe, they could be connected thought the tribe or if you're character is a mage they may know either her brother or sister.
there are plenty of opportunities for us to meet along the way.

If I think of anything else I'll tell if you get any ideas looking at my sheet tell me.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked