The Dark Side of Madness(Interest Thread)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

He Who Rules the Face of Terror Rules the Earth

~One Year Ago~

Ascension was a great and prosperous modern city. Even with it's high population, it was still one of the most peaceful places on earth to live with its almost nonexistent crime. This came to an end the day an earthquake hit the city. It ended up wreaking a small number of homes and businesses, but the initial damage paled in comparison to what was to come.

A few days after the earthquake, sightings of a masked figure became common around town. The man committed a series of crimes ranging from robbery, to serial killings; done all while armed with only a knife. The local law enforcement proved to be no match for the masked man, as he proved to be both impossible to catch, and just as hard to kill. Rumors were that the masked figure was from hell itself, and the earthquake was a sign of his escape.

The figure soon became know as the Face of Terror, and just as his name sake would imply, he gripped Ascension in fear. Scores of criminals began to raise up in the lawless land that the Face of Terror was beginning to create.

~3 weeks ago~

A second, unexplained earthquake hit the city. This time however, several normal human beings have stumbled across a number of masks, left alone in the streets. This masks speak out to their soon to be wearers, trying to convince them to put the masks on. When they do, they find that they're a given incredible powers, and become completely new people to accompany their new faces.

~Now~
There are so many choices. You can abuse your power as The Face of Terror has, or decide you've had enough and rid the city of him and his ilk. One thing is for certain though. The others will find you in a bid to collect all the masks of power for themselves. And you are going to be on their hit list.
_________________________________________________________________________________

I'm going to give this a friendly little bump because,

1) I really, really like this idea and would seriously consider joining if I wasn't backed up with posts at the moment, and

2) Um...well, I guess there's just that one thing, but still. I think deserves some attention.

Well damn Mortis consider the bump a success. Shadow color me interested. I'll have a sheet up soon. I hope to see more people join cause this sounds like a blast.

will totally join give me a pm when you start

This idea is definitely interesting. I have a question though. Are the abilities only accessible while the mask is being worn, or is it a 'put mask on, gain powers and retain them even with mask off' kind of scenario?

Kuroneko Aisha:
This idea is definitely interesting. I have a question though. Are the abilities only accessible while the mask is being worn, or is it a 'put mask on, gain powers and retain them even with mask off' kind of scenario?

Powers only work when the mask is on.

I'm not sure if I really want to join, but I'll try make a character sheet later today anyway.(I tried to make one last night, but it was after 2AM and then I ended up losing everything I had written)

Wasn't expecting this to get brought back up. If I can get at least seven people on board I'll try to get the game together.

color me interested, but as of right now can only think up half a sheet :/

Lunar Templar:

Just do what I'm doing and work on it a little at a time. Just make sure to save what you do work on.

Fijiman:

Lunar Templar:

Just do what I'm doing and work on it a little at a time. Just make sure to save what you do work on.

My problem is the idea behind the mask. It doesn't 'take over' so much as guides, and it peels back the 'masks' people wear (IE: how you are around certain people) leaving the world to see who you really are.

so writing the wearers personality is proving tricky :/

Well I've never done one of these role plays before but it sounds really interesting so I thought I'd write a sheet up. Its not complete at the moment but will keep working on it bit by bit.

Edit: Just need to finish the bio and I'm good to go.

SlaveNumber23:
Well I've never done one of these role plays before but it sounds really interesting so I thought I'd write a sheet up. Its not complete at the moment but will keep working on it bit by bit.

are you seriously "copying" mine we seem similar in personality and skills, even the mask is about the same. what up bro?

God'sFist:

SlaveNumber23:

are you seriously "copying" mine we seem similar in personality and skills, even the mask is about the same. what up bro?

He's not copying my appendage of the omnipotent friend. The personality is simply quiet, yours is a psychotic quiet. His leaves room for him to work with. The mask....yeah I got nothin on that one.

sage42:

God'sFist:

SlaveNumber23:

He's not copying my appendage of the omnipotent friend. The personality is simply quiet, yours is a psychotic quiet. His leaves room for him to work with. The mask....yeah I got nothin on that one.

maybe I was a bit quick on the draw, oh well, looks like a confrontation will be on the horizon.

God'sFist:

Well I actually hadn't read yours yet, but come on the only thing ours have in common really is our mask appearances are the same. I don't mind coming up with a different mask appearance seeing as its pretty much the same as yours, if you want me to? Seriously though, just a coincidence.

SlaveNumber23:

God'sFist:

Well I actually hadn't read yours yet, but come on the only thing ours have in common really is our mask appearances are the same. I don't mind coming up with a different mask appearance seeing as its pretty much the same as yours, if you want me to? Seriously though, just a coincidence.

like I said to sage I was quick to the draw my bad. But we shall meet on the battlefield and I will take your mask.

God'sFist:
like I said to sage I was quick to the draw my bad. But we shall meet on the battlefield and I will take your mask.

Haha bring it. :P I think I will write a different mask appearance though.

SlaveNumber23:

God'sFist:

Haha bring it. :P I think I will write a different mask appearance though.

our rivalry will be known to the heavens! yeah excited to see what you come up with.

God'sFist:
our rivalry will be known to the heavens! yeah excited to see what you come up with.

Updated my character sheet with the new mask in it if you wanted to check it out. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn out to be exactly the same as someone else's.

SlaveNumber23:

God'sFist:

Updated my character sheet with the new mask in it if you wanted to check it out. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn out to be exactly the same as someone else's.

It most likely won't now all that's left is a bio name and age! I wonder what a fight would be like between these two. white knight vs the silence. oooh I just got chills

Alright, that should be good for now. Still not 100% on whether I really want to join, but for now I'll stick around.

done, i guess.

Ooh, I'm interested. I've got submissions into two other RP's I'm working on right now, but when those are done, I'll be coming up with one.

Quick question before I leave: Was this inspired by Hotline Miami?

Additional question via editing: Is the title in the first post a reference to Dune?

deathbydeath:
Ooh, I'm interested. I've got submissions into two other RP's I'm working on right now, but when those are done, I'll be coming up with one.

Additional question via editing: Is the title in the first post a reference to Dune?

Nope

And I've never seen Dune. Oddly.

Also, I should start picking stuff out soon.

Shadowstar38:

deathbydeath:

Nope

And I've never seen Dune. Oddly.

Also, I should start picking stuff out soon.

Make sure to not start picking out characters until mine's up. Working on him now.

Can you reserve me a spot please? I'll have a sheet up on the weekend.

I am soooo excited for this you have no idea. this'll be my first RP so naturally I would be. if you could give advice on my char I'd be happy to change it to better suit you.

Love this idea. Can I get a reserve?

TheDoctor455:
Love this idea. Can I get a reserve?

I'm pretty sure that we're still in the planning phase, so just make a character sheet and I'm sure you'll be able to join.

So am I accepted?

Deu Sex:
So am I accepted?

tiss the answer we all wait for

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked