Fate/Infinite - Interest Thread (Accepting Sheets)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Your hands tremble a bit as you slowly, painstakingly, make the last of the markings. A bead of sweat slides down your forehead, but you can't spare the minute movements it'd take to wipe it away; a single mistake could spell out lethal consequences further down the line. This Circle has to be perfect. Anything less and you might as well go ahead and surrender now.

Finally, with nothing but the utmost care guiding your fingers, you complete the Circle. Panting slightly, and finally managing to wipe that sweat out of your eyes, you stand back and admire the finished product, a bit of pride flaring in your chest. You've had to make quite a few Circles over your career as a Magus, but there's no doubt that this one is your best yet. Nearly ten feet across and full of extraordinarily intricate curves, lines, and shapes, the Circle stands as a testament to your superior skills and capabilities.

After all, there's a reason you were chosen to participate in the Sixth Holy Grail War.

But that's enough ego-stroking for now. You may have drawn the Circle, but that's far from the most important thing you'll be doing tonight. No, it is this next part of the ritual that's most important.

You peruse the ancient texts one last time, making sure that you've got the incantation memorized. You're going to recite it perfectly, with not a single line out of place or a single syllable slurred. You spent all that time finding the perfect Relic and preparing everything else, after all. There's no way you're going to slip up here, not at the final step.

"Fill, fill, fill, fill, fill! Repeat five times. But destroy each when filled."

The first line leaves your lips without error as your skin begins to crawl. You can feel the latent magical energy in the air responding to you, becoming charged with a power unlike any you've ever felt before.

"A base of silver and steel. A foundation of stone and the Archduke of Contracts. And my ancestor, my great master, Schweinorg. A wall to block the falling wind. The gates of all four directions close. From the Crown, come forth and follow the forked road to the Kingdom."

The second verse, likewise, is uttered perfectly. The power that fills the air becomes more and more palpable, its strength slowly growing as you recite the words. Though the power seems to surround your entire body, you can feel it beginning to concentrate around your right hand, around the trio of Command Seals that mark you as a Master.

The Circle begins to glow with an otherworldly light as you continue.

"I hereby propose: My will shall create thy body, and thy sword shall create my fate. Abiding by the summons of the Holy Grail, if thou dost accede to this will and reason, answer me!"

Grasping your wrist in your other hand, you extend your right palm to the brilliantly shining Circle, having to squint lest the light blind you.

"I hereby swear, I will be all that is good in the eternal world. I will be the disposer of evil in the eternal world."

One more verse.

"Thou, clad with the great Trinity, come forth from the circle of constraint. Guardian of the Heavenly Scales!"

The light grows brighter and brighter, until it climaxes in a brilliant flash! Gasping reflexively, you stagger back a couple steps, rubbing at your eyes as stars dance before them.

"I ask you."

You stop mid-stride as a new voice reaches your ears. Strong, and carrying the weight of countless years, it takes hold of you and rivets your feet to the floor. Blinking away the last of the dots that cloud your vision, you stare into the mist that has sprung forth from the Circle, locking eyes with the figure who stands in its center.

A Heroic Spirit called forth, by you, from the annals of history and legend. A mighty warrior whose praises have been sung and spoken of for untold ages. A relic of the past, neither alive nor dead, summoned into this modern era to fight by your side.

Your Servant.

"Are you my Master?"

Hey there everyone, Pappytech here! Fan of anime and fantasy, citizen of the RP forum, and all around crazy guy, I'm here today to try and interest you all in this new, original, and fairly bizarre RP idea of mine!

Now, I'd imagine that a few of you can guess what the source material I'm using based on the title. However, for those of you who don't peruse visual novels or anime as much as I do, I'd like to say that this RP is based on the Fate series, one of game company Type-Moon's most popular line of visual novels. If you're familiar with the lore and setting of the games, then great! If not, then please feel free to read through the summaries I've set up below; while I can't promise 100% depth or accuracy, it'll be more than enough to introduce you to the basics of the Fate universe.

Now, to those of you who managed to read through all that without dying of boredom, well done! Hopefully I've managed to give you a good grasp on the basics of the Fate universe, and if I didn't I hope you'll make sure to tell me what I missed in the comments below.

As you've likely guessed, this RP will follow the events of the Sixth Holy Grail War, taking place in Fuyuki City in the year 2012 (yes I know I'm breaking lore, but I don't want to set it fifty years in the future) Now, as mentioned above, said War will be fought between seven teams of Masters and Servants. The keyword there being "teams".

As far as I can see, there are two ways this RP can go. First, each of the players will control a Master and Servant team, writing up both of the sheets and playing both the characters at the same time. But, while this option would probably be fairly easy to implement, I'd rather try and go with the second choice: each player controls a single Master or Servant and is paired with another player, forcing them to work together and coordinate their movements. Personally I find this option to be much more interesting than the former.

However, that's just my opinion. If people feel like it'd be too difficult to work together like that, then we can always fall back to the initial option where everyone controls both a Master and Servant.

Anyway, now that I've laid that out, time to get to the ground rules. In no particular order:

1. Post Length/Quality: Long story short, I don't really care for one-line posts. While I'm not going to hold everyone to an insanely harsh standard, I would like to see a couple paragraphs (at the very least) per post. In addition, posts that are absolutely riddled with grammar or spelling errors are frowned upon; while I can put up with it to a certain extent, if I'm running into a misspelled word every other sentence I start to get annoyed.

2. No God-Modding, Trenchcoating, Etc.: Really shouldn't have to explain anything here.

3. Combat: Considering that this is RP is focused around the Holy Grail War, it should come as no surprise that players will be fighting against each other. As this is a rules-free RP, it will be up to me, as the GM, to decide who wins or loses a fight. While my decision will be final, I can tell you that it will be influenced by a couple factors, namely the quality of the combatants' posts.

Simply put, if you want to win a fight, write long and write hard. If your post wows me more than your opponent's, odds are you'll win.

4. Death: Again, what with this being a War and all, players are going to die. Barring unforeseen circumstances, this will probably mean that dead players are effectively kicked from the RP. However, if you've impressed me enough, I'll try and do everything in my power to keep you around, with either GM reality-defying magic or giving you control of a NPC.

5. Don't be a Jerk: I know that it's the internet, but there's no reason we all can't be somewhat civil. Joking and teasing is fine, obviously, but if someone is being an asshole they will be politely asked to stop, or possibly leave.

6. Regularity: To be perfectly clear: real life is more important than internet life. If you've got a test coming up or need to work some overtime and won't be able to post as much, then of course I understand. Let me know and we'll try to work something out. If, however, you disappear for a couple weeks without warning or explanation... Well, I can only auto someone along for a limited time.

Um... Okay, yeah, I think that's about it. Next up is the character sheets, and I think that's about it!

Considering the secretive nature of Servants, they will have two separate sheets. A public one, which will be posted in this thread, and a private one which should be PMd to me.

I would prefer it if all interested players would write up both a Master and Servant sheet, at least for now. If you only submit one, it's likely that I will not consider accepting it unless it is of the highest caliber.

Alright, I think that about wraps it up! Questions? Complaints? Make sure to leave a comment, and I'll do my best to address it.

Accepted sheets:

Masters:

Servants:

This looks interesting, and the second option with two players working together as a master and servant team seems like a neat idea, but I do have one question: If we do go with the second option, are we allowed to choose who our partners are, or will you assign partners?

OK so here's what I've got so far. I will PM you the private sheet tomorrow, just let me know of any issues on what is here.

Well, doesn't this look like it'll be fun? Personally, I like the second option better. Part of the fun with the whole Master/Servant relationship would be that they wouldn't necessarily have aligning agendas.

Alright, so despite knowing very little about the Fate/ series I'm quite interested in this RP. First though I need a question answered about the legitimacy of servant options. Basically I want to know just how 'legendary' a person needs to be to become a servant. A rough idea of how historical they need to be or how wide spread their legend is. As an example: could I make Patton a servant?

I'm just trying to get a baseline here so I know what to consider.

Fishtie:
Alright, so despite knowing very little about the Fate/ series I'm quite interested in this RP. First though I need a question answered about the legitimacy of servant options. Basically I want to know just how 'legendary' a person needs to be to become a servant. A rough idea of how historical they need to be or how wide spread their legend is. As an example: could I make Patton a servant?

I'm just trying to get a baseline here so I know what to consider.

The more known and heard of character the servant is based on the more powerful it gets. I think Patton counts for being in US 'myth', but he isn't as old as other characters (like King Arthur) and his power would be diminished as a result. So - the more known and ancient, the more powerful.

Oh, totally getting in on this. I'll pair up with Arcanist, if that's alright with the GM and the person themselves? I really have no interest in playing a Master.

I might also go through the starting information because I think there are some errors within the Servent/Noble Phantasm sections. There's also some information that's just plain missing.

Anyway, totally stoked!

Despite not knowing the source material, the lore and ideas are very interesting indeed.
Consider this a reservation until I'm at my computer.

One question, is their any limit to how powerful a servant can be? I'm guessing I can't choose Jesus as a Caster?

JokerboyJordan:
Despite not knowing the source material, the lore and ideas are very interesting indeed.
Consider this a reservation until I'm at my computer.

One question, is their any limit to how powerful a servant can be? I'm guessing I can't choose Jesus as a Caster?

Good luck getting your hands on a relic of Jesus - maybe steal the shrouds of Turin?

Grim327:
If we do go with the second option, are we allowed to choose who our partners are, or will you assign partners?

I personally think it'd be more fun to if everyone chose their own partners. But, if people are being stubborn and someone's left out to dry, I might try to step in and play matchmaker.

Arcanist:
Well, doesn't this look like it'll be fun? Personally, I like the second option better. Part of the fun with the whole Master/Servant relationship would be that they wouldn't necessarily have aligning agendas.

Agreed! That's actually the main reason I'd prefer to go with that choice; it'd be fun to see an utterly ruthless or sadistic Master be paired with a Lawful-Good Servant.

Fishtie:
Basically I want to know just how 'legendary' a person needs to be to become a servant. A rough idea of how historical they need to be or how wide spread their legend is. As an example: could I make Patton a servant?

Iron is correct when he says that Servants are more powerful based on how well-known or how old their legend is, so historical figures from recent years are probably going to have a bit of a handicap. However, for the purposes of this RP, I'd be more than happy to accept someone like Patton, so long as the player is alright with said handicap.

HellsingerAngel:
I might also go through the starting information because I think there are some errors within the Servent/Noble Phantasm sections. There's also some information that's just plain missing.

Well, I can't say I'd be too surprised to learn that I missed something. If you want to go ahead and list out what bits I missed or what I got wrong, please do so and I'll do my best to correct it.

JokerboyJordan:

Hmm... Jesus... With a Servant that powerful, you'd probably need to justify acquiring a necessary relic. A run-of-the-mill Bible isn't going to cut it, but if a Master could get their hands on a nail or a piece of wood used to crucify him...

Alright, just answering some questions this time around. I'll start evaluating the sheets in my next post.

Just going to hit those few things as quickly as possible...

1. The power of a Noble Phantasm isn't gauged by anti-unit, anti-army, anti-fortress, etc. but through the Parameters system. Those particular pieces of information give a vague idea of how many targets you can hit with a Phantasm. Anti-unit is about 1-20, Anti-Army hits around 20-100, Anti-Fortress hits 100-10000, and so on.

2. Everything is measured in the Parameter system. The ranks go from A to E with A being the most powerful set at around 50 times as great as a human and E at the lowest at about 10 times greater than a human. Parameter ranks can also have a + or - attached to them, up to three times. Each + or - multiplies or divides the original rank by 2, 3 or 4 times. Something at the rank of A+++ would then be 200 times the regular ability of a human being.

3. Servants are gauged in power only by how renown they are. This gets a little confusing because a Servant can be from the past, present or future. The Holy Grail is not bound by time when summoning a Heroic Spirit.

4. How strong a Heroic Spirit is is in direct correlation to how powerful their Master is. Servants need prana (or mana) to survive and expend it in fights when they take damage or use Noble Phantasms and other abilities. The total amount of prana available to a Heroic Spirit upon summoning directly effects how much total prana a Heroic Spirit will have. This effects their overall Parameter grades as well for the Heroic Spirit's statistic blocks. A good example of this is when Altria Pendragon is summoned by both Shiro and Rin in Fate/Stay. Because of Shiro's lack of training, Saber's stats suffered greatly, having Bs and Cs or lower in most categories. Rin's Saber, on the other hand, had mostly As and Bs for ranks because of her training and high prana output.

It's also good to remember that powerful Heroic Spirits will drain prana much quicker because of their high consumption through powerful Phantasms and general higher upkeep cost in prana. A Heroic Spirit like Lancelot won't take a large amount of prana to battle with because of the nature of his Phantasms (that is, any weapon he touches can become his Phantasm, including other Phantasms). Compare this to someone like Gilgamesh who wastes ample amounts of prana just opening the Gates of Babylon and drains prana quickly with very flashy and powerful Phantasms and you begin to see the advantages of having a low upkeep Servant. Remember: the less prana you spend on your Servant, the more prana you can use for yourself!

5. You do not need an item to summon a Heroic Spirit. Items of heroes simply alter your chances of summoning a particular Heroic Spirit. Take Jesus as an example. Having no item would have a very low chance of summoning Jesus because you have an equal chance to summon every other Heroic Spirit ever. Having a bible would increase the chances you have of summoning Jesus, but it would also increase the chance of summoning other heroic figures from biblical stories such as Samson. However, having on of the nails that helped crucify Jesus or his goblet from the Last Supper would almost assuredly summon Jesus. The one thing to remember is that no summoning is a 100% guarantee, no matter what item you possess.

6. Servants typically have one Noble Phantasm. Powerful heroic Spirits may even have enough renown to have two Noble Phantasms. However, almost every Heroic Spirit has a list of other skills and talents that aren't powerful enough to be considered a Noble Phantasm, but are extraordinary none the less. Taking Altria as an example, on top of her three Noble Phantasms she has Magic Resistance (on top of her class magic resist), Magic Circuits (can store and create prana no matter what class she is), Prana Burst (can temporarily boost her Prarmeter scores), Instincts (sort of a pre-cognition in battle), Riding and Charisma (able to lead people). So, while Servants have signature abilities in Noble Phantasms, they have many other extraordinary abilities as well, some innate through their own Heroic Spirit and some granted by what class they're summoned as.

7. Each class has a specific pre-requisite that must be met in order to be summoned as that class. Saber must have been from a knighthood or warrior class. Lancer must specialize in using a spear or lance. Archer must specialize in projectile attacks. Berserker must have lost control of their mind at some point in their life due to rage. Rider must have a mount. Assassin must have killed someone. Caster must have studied magic or the occult within their lifetime.

8. Command Seals can be used not only to force your Servant to go through with an action but can also be used to give commands in other ways. This can be used to increase the power of any Parameter to dizzying heights from statistics (it's hypothesized that Altria Saber could break the sound barrier if a Command Seal was used to boost her speed) to boosting Noble Phantasms through commands like "run faster" or "use more power". Command Seals can also be stolen from a dead Master if they still has Command Seals left when they were defeated through something akin to osmosis, thus a Master may have more than three Command Seals that can be used between multiple Servants or all on one if the Servant the seals belong to is dead as well. Once all three seals have been used, the pact between Servant and Master isn't automatically severed and a team can continue to fight in the Grail War without Command Seals, the Servant just has the ability to turn on their Master at any time at that point.

I'll add more if I think of them.

HellsingerAngel:
snip

You are aware that this isn't a straight copypasta of Fate/Zero right? If it was, it would make the sheets almost impossible to put up in any feasible amount of time. Not to mention the fact that this is an RP, and simplifying all the crap you're taking issue with makes it playable in the first place.

In other news, thanks for your input, I'm sure someone here will eventually care about it.

However, if you're actually trying to help instead of sending complaints out along with some undercurrents of inherent superiority, I apologize. The way it's worded sounds a bit like some twelve-year old talking about....for some reason I'm having trouble thinking of a reasonable example here, so I'll just say like a brat.

Alrighty, time to get to the first round of sheet reviews! Without further ado:

CJ1145:

Master: While you've certainly got a pretty great sheet already, I would like to see a bit more detail about Dirk's Origin. While Intuition certainly makes for a great choice, it'd be great if you could describe what kind of magic Dirk specializes in, what he's best at and what he uses most often. Helps me to get a better understanding of what his powers and abilities are.

Servant: Again, great job. Detailed enough to give me and other players what we need to know and vague enough to conceal her identity. Well done.

ruedyn:

Master: While more information is always helpful, what you've provided thus far is certainly usable. I've only got one real complaint: it'd be nice to have more information about Mordecai's Mystic Code. Using it to bring something back to life is workable, but I need a more detailed description about the tool itself, what it looks like and how he activates it, for example.

Otherwise, I like the sheet. It should be fun to see how a healer fights in the Holy Grail War and it's always nice to have a "regular" guy along for the ride.

Servant: I'm going to be honest here, I don't think that your Servant really suits the Berserker class. In fact, as it is, it's hard to really assign it to any of the classes. If it was just a dirk then things would be able to work out, but tossing in a longbow really makes things messy.

If I could offer a couple of suggestions, you might want to simply drop the longbow and switch him to the Saber class, which would work better with the dirk and would allow him to keep his sanity. Or maybe you'd like to rework the sheet to better suit a Berserker, in which case I'd like to remind you that, after he activates his Mad Enhancement, his sanity isn't coming back. Ever.

Of course, if neither of these options appeal to you, then you're more than welcome to do something else.

Also, I did spot a few spelling and grammar errors here or there. I'd appreciate it if you could try to clear those up.

Arcanist:

Okay, see, it's sheets like these that I'm more than willing to make an exception for. Because damn. Amazing job.

TheIronRuler:

To begin, the sheets are already fairly decent. You've got all the basics covered pretty well, and I do like what you're going for with Caster.

However, I would appreciate some more detail in a couple sections. Maxim's Origin, and possibly his Mystic Code, could use a bit more description or fluff, as could Caster's Strengths. Obviously I'm not expecting any changes in the next few days (what with suspension and all), but it'd be nice if you could get to it eventually.

HellsingerAngel:
Snip

To begin: thank you for pointing these out. I'm going to be honest here, I've only seen the anime versions of Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night, as well as the Unlimited Blades Works movie. Having never actually played the visual novels, I'm aware that I've missed some parts of the lore, and I appreciate the help you're giving me.

However, I would also like to add that I was aware of some of the things you've pointed out, and would like to echo Red when he said that this isn't a perfect copy of a Fate game. While I've tried to be as true to the source material as I'm able to, some things are going to be lost when translating a visual novel into a forum RP. I've tried to do the best I can, but after giving it some thought and planning I did end up having to cut out some bits for various reasons.

1. and 2. While it would certainly be fun to use the Parameters system, I ultimately decided against it. I have seen a few forum RPs attempt to use stats as part of the gameplay, but, at least in my experience, they quickly become either too difficult to keep track of or tend to incite arguments between players about who wins a fight. Obviously neither of these options are very appealing, so I just decided to skip all of that.

3. My mistake; I was led to believe that a Servant's strength was influenced both by their renown and how old their legend was. Fishtie and ruedyn, I'm sorry for providing you with incorrect information.

4. Again, keeping track of something like Prana tends to induce headaches in a format like this. While it is true that Prana usage is the main drawback of particularly powerful Servants, I have other measures in place to put a strain on high-level Servants and Noble Phantasms that can perfectly mimic running out of Prana.

5. Considering that the format of this RP requires characters to be generated before the game proper begins, I thought it best to have all summonings require a suitable relic. While you are correct about a relic being ultimately unnecessary, I will maintain that having one makes more sense in this case.

6. Honestly, I found it easier to label special skills like that as Noble Phantasms. I was trying to give people unfamiliar with the Fate series a high-level introduction to the universe's core concepts, and it seemed that trying to differentiate between Phantasms and unique skills would only cause confusion in the end.

On another note, Arturia had her own Magic Circuits to begin with? Huh, didn't see that coming, though in hindsight it does make sense...

7. While this issue has not arisen, it certainly could prove problematic in the future. However, if a player is set on a certain historical/legendary figure, then odds are I'll be more than willing to help bend the rules to accommodate them. I'm going to value player enjoyment and fun over faithfulness to the lore, sorry.

8. Again, this was an error on my part. I should have addressed in the OP and failed to do so; thank you for calling me out on it.

And yes, if you discover any more errors or discrepincies, feel free to mention them. It would be appreciated.

Pappytech:
Master: While more information is always helpful, what you've provided thus far is certainly usable. I've only got one real complaint: it'd be nice to have more information about Mordecai's Mystic Code. Using it to bring something back to life is workable, but I need a more detailed description about the tool itself, what it looks like and how he activates it, for example.

Otherwise, I like the sheet. It should be fun to see how a healer fights in the Holy Grail War and it's always nice to have a "regular" guy along for the ride.

Servant: I'm going to be honest here, I don't think that your Servant really suits the Berserker class. In fact, as it is, it's hard to really assign it to any of the classes. If it was just a dirk then things would be able to work out, but tossing in a longbow really makes things messy.

If I could offer a couple of suggestions, you might want to simply drop the longbow and switch him to the Saber class, which would work better with the dirk and would allow him to keep his sanity. Or maybe you'd like to rework the sheet to better suit a Berserker, in which case I'd like to remind you that, after he activates his Mad Enhancement, his sanity isn't coming back. Ever.

Of course, if neither of these options appeal to you, then you're more than welcome to do something else.

Also, I did spot a few spelling and grammar errors here or there. I'd appreciate it if you could try to clear those up.

Seriously? My spellcheck isn't going crazy, so I assumed it was fine. Please point these out in a PM, and I'll fix them quickly. I also just assumed the mystic code thingy was just a spell, didn't know it required a physical object. Time for more irony.

I was also planning to ditch the caster, but if you'd prefer I can play him instead of Servant guy if I need to. I'd just rather play Saber.

Thanks for all the info everyone, it makes narrowing down my choices a lot easier. However, two more quick questions:

The first is for Pappytech; are you only going to allow one character for each class? (one saber, one lancer, one archer, etc.)

The second is just for my own curiosity; in the series, is there ever a in universe reason why Saber is female?

Fishtie:
The first is for Pappytech; are you only going to allow one character for each class? (one saber, one lancer, one archer, etc.)

Yes, that is what I'm going for. Seven different Servants, each with a different class.

As for the second bit... Yeah, I'm not really sure on that one.

Went ahead and edited Dirk's Origin, as requested. Expanded a bit on it. It's not quite as extreme an ability as it sounds, because he's still struggling to learn how to properly implement his abilities into magecraft.

Teaming up with Arcanist.

CJ1145:
Went ahead and edited Dirk's Origin, as requested. Expanded a bit on it. It's not quite as extreme an ability as it sounds, because he's still struggling to learn how to properly implement his abilities into magecraft.

Alright, thanks. I like the changes you made to both Dirk and Archer's sheets; no further comments.

ruedyn:
Snip

Certainly better; thank you for making those changes.

And, while I understand wanting to play your Servant as opposed to your Master, there is a reason I asked everybody to write up both sheets. I'm 90% sure that everyone, if given the choice, would want to play a Servant, leading to an absolute deluge of Heroic Spirits and no one to actually summon them! If everyone writes up two sheets, however, then hopefully players will be able to spot other characters they'd like to team up with.

drmigit2:
Snap

Master: ...Just a friendly suggestion, but you might want to reread the Origin section in the OP. I'm getting the impression that you may have skimmed it a bit too fast. What's more, please remember that some Masters or Servants are going to be blessed with incredible resistance to magic; Marcus' madness inducing spells may not always be effective against targets like these.

In addition, the biography needs a bit of work. Honestly, it sounds like Marcus is living in the Middle Ages as opposed to modern day Japan.

Finally, his Mystic Code strikes me as a bit overpowered. While I'm fine with fireworks that create paranoia in anyone who sees them, you're using them to an incredibly powerful extent. Having entire armies slaughtering each other mere seconds after seeing one? Yeah, you could pretty much wipe out all of Fuyuki in a matter of minutes with those things. I'd prefer it if you could either limit their power (maybe having them induce hallucinations as opposed to driving people absolutely insane) or reducing their range to a single target.

Servant: While I find it interesting (in a good way) to have an Assassin be plagued by guilt, I was kind of hoping for weaknesses of a more physical nature. How many hits can he take before being incapacitated or killed? Can he resist magic or is he susceptible to it? Does using his abilities drain away at his strength? Things like that.

Redryhno:
Slice

Master: Honestly, I like what you've got here. While I wouldn't complain if you added more detail, you've got all of the basics covered to a decent degree.

Servant: Like I said to drmigit, while it's nice to hear about a Servant's mental or spirtiual weaknesses, I was hoping to hear more about their physical ones as well. However, as the Saber class is notable for being resistant to most forms of attack, I can probably let it slide in this case.

HellsingerAngel:
Teaming up with Arcanist.

Well, so long as Arcanist is alright with it, I've certainly got no complaints!

Pappytech:
Certainly better; thank you for making those changes.

And, while I understand wanting to play your Servant as opposed to your Master, there is a reason I asked everybody to write up both sheets. I'm 90% sure that everyone, if given the choice, would want to play a Servant, leading to an absolute deluge of Heroic Spirits and no one to actually summon them! If everyone writes up two sheets, however, then hopefully players will be able to spot other characters they'd like to team up with.

Eh, I understand the reasoning behind it. Just letting people know when/if we start making teams I'd prefer the servant... Never, ever saying that again. Typing whatever.

I'm not against playing Mordecai though. Could be interesting >_>

Well, in the end looks like Berserker is what needs filling. Anyways...

You know what? I'm going to post a servant when it isn't 3:30 in the morning.

I overhauled the sheets.

Please ignore.

drmigit2:
Snip

Alright, thanks for making those changes to the Servant sheet. Got that in much better shape now.

Your Master, on the other hand... Look, I'm sorry, but at this point I think the best thing to do is to just list out all the problems I'm having with it.

1. The history: a government is not going to assassinate everyone except their target. A Magus who makes his living by killing innocents is not going to be allowed to run around willy-nilly by either the Church or the Mages' Association. A novice cannot teach themselves magic, especially while on the run and without at least a small library to aid them.

Basically, there's just a lot of plot holes and bad storytelling going on there.

2. You're still missing a pretty important part of your Origin: the word or phrase that defines it. Kind of a big deal.

3. Your Mystic Code, while at least it doesn't cause everyone to slaughter each other indiscriminately, is still a kill-everything card. I am not going to accept an attack that is impossible to block or defend against. We talked about this; if something is going to be powerful then it needs to have some flaws to counterbalance it!

Fishtie:
Snap

This one, on the other hand, I'm liking quite a bit. Covered everything that needs covering, and I really love that you made teamwork one of her magical talents. If your Servant sheet is going to be this good, then I'm very much looking forward to it!

TheBlueGhost:
Cut

Master: With the exception of the numerous grammar and spelling mistakes, I'm liking the sheet. If you can try and get those toned down, you ought to be good.

Servant: Second verse, same as the first. Work on the grammar a bit and you ought to be good.

JokerboyJordan:

...Really Joker? Really?

I mean, I like you and I like the sheet. But when the first thing you do is apply for a role that's already been filled, by the GM no less...

By all rights, I should outright reject this sheet. I want to make that perfectly clear. But, I know that you're reliable and a fairly good writer, so I might be willing to make an exception. If you're really unable to come up with another sheet and end up playing your Servant, I could be persuaded to let you have the Lancer slot.

In the meantime, please work on the Master sheet. And hopefully a different Servant.

Pappytech:
snip

Alright, I further tweaked the Code, rewrote his history from the ground up and put the word in bold.

Nah, it's okay, I don't know what I was thinking. I'll just respectfully retract my sheet.

I wish this RP all the best of luck.

JokerboyJordan:

Nah, it's okay, I don't know what I was thinking. I'll just respectfully retract my sheet.

Sadness D=

Ok, seriously, people need to start choosing between Servant or Master. It's not fair someone has to duck out because of something silly like that...

HellsingerAngel:

JokerboyJordan:

Sadness D=

Ok, seriously, people need to start choosing between Servant or Master. It's not fair someone has to duck out because of something silly like that...

That's exactly would I didn't want people to feel :(

I can assure you that it wasn't a decision made purely on that, and like Pappy said I'm sure that most people, if given the choice, would want to play a Servant over a Master.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked