Manifest, a horror, semi-episodic PvP RP (Started, open)

Now that we have world information out of the way, welcome to Manifest, a semi-episodic RP heavily centered around personal destruction and ruin at a the hands of a force more powerful than you in every way shape or form the extreme trauma and tragedy this situation brings. However, it is also about body horror, horribly messy descriptions, Lovecraftian superpowers and PVP. This is something of a love child of mine as it combines a lot of what I like with a lot of what my friends like.

Just a side note, it'd be helpful if when you do a collab post you colour code speech, so as to keep it easy to understand. Some of us like to think in colour. A new episode will begin when a set of duels are complete (Let's say when everybody's had a chance to fight once at least). Anyone can enter the RP at any time, as long as the clear it with me first, provide some flavour text so I can measure their abilities, and agree to the rules. I reserve the right to blacklist some people from the RP if they break rules purposefully and often, so if said people make posts ignore them. I don't mean to be overly harsh but since this is a PvP RP there is a higher chance that people will come in and just not be able to bear with their babies being killed.

Hold on a minute - when a battle is over and one side loses, wouldn't the defiler be destroyed together with its human host? If not, how would it survive if its host dies?

TheIronRuler:
Hold on a minute - when a battle is over and one side loses, wouldn't the defiler be destroyed together with its human host? If not, how would it survive if its host dies?

I would guess that the Defiler has some sort of immunity to physical harm, and may not even be directly in the firing line.

In fact, "they can't enter our universe, and they can't die, not properly", because a Defiler only "reaches their darkness into [the Manifested]", and since it can happen that "the Defiler gets bored and abandons them", it is implied that the Defiler is not directly linked to the Manifested's body.

We're looking not a vehicles but puppets. And how badly does a puppeteer suffer when you cut the strings?

In other news, yes I would like to play.

ThreeWords:

TheIronRuler:

I would guess that the Defiler has some sort of immunity to physical harm, and may not even be directly in the firing line.

In fact, "they can't enter our universe, and they can't die, not properly", because a Defiler only "reaches their darkness into [the Manifested]", and since it can happen that "the Defiler gets bored and abandons them", it is implied that the Defiler is not directly linked to the Manifested's body.

We're looking not a vehicles but puppets. And how badly does a puppeteer suffer when you cut the strings?

In other news, yes I would like to play.

Thank you for explaining for me, you've got the right of it, and I'd be happy to have you.

I am totally up for this.

I'll have it up within the two hours.

SamuelT:
I am totally up for this.

I'll have it up within the two hours.

Rad as all hell.

Hello again, Sir Strange! I have a wondrous sheet for you! It smells of coffee, and tastes of strawberries!

CloggedDonkey:
Hello again, Sir Strange! I have a wondrous sheet for you! It smells of coffee, and tastes of strawberries!

This is indeed some wondrous sheet.

SamuelT:

A defiler personality would be very much appreciated, but otherwise this is looking pretty damn good. (Also you get away with the whole "Image for appearance" because you drew it yourself.)

PlastikBulb:

I don't mean to be hurtful but your character seems a bit one note. It'd be cool if you could write something beyond "My character is a transexual/transgender" because whole it's a large one, it's still only one trait. One trait character do not tend to make for good story telling. I also think that a defiler would find it funnier to exaggerate what the person wants to be to grotesque levels.

Sir Strange Of The House Lycan:

SamuelT:
[quote="PlastikBulb" post="540.394979.16037126"]

I don't mean to be hurtful but your character seems a bit one note. It'd be cool if you could write something beyond "My character is a transexual/transgender" because whole it's a large one, it's still only one trait. One trait character do not tend to make for good story telling. I also think that a defiler would find it funnier to exaggerate what the person wants to be to grotesque levels.

Ahh yeah yeah no worries. I've been fairly out of sorts today so I'm not going to try to force anything. I'll redo it later.

Is there still a possibility for this to take off?

Riccan:

Maybe? I don't man, if any more sheets which are good come in.

Riccan:

Gotcha. I was planning on submitting one, but I didn't know if this had been abandoned or not.

Riccan:

Riccan:

Gotcha. I was planning on submitting one, but I didn't know if this had been abandoned or not.

If you got a character idea then post it man. Maybe the activity of such a thing would bring in some bloody players.

I'm writing a sheet. This post is to show interest. Should be up soon.

I have a few ideas, but can't quite choose. Here is one for now, so any criticism is welcomed.

EDIT: now with actual flavor text :D.

This is just the rough version. Thoughts before I clean it up?

Riccan:
I have a few ideas, but can't quite choose. Here is one for now, so any criticism is welcomed.

Looking pretty good, you just missed how the Defiler acts when manifested. If you could PM me about the lore you've got built there (I think it's lore anyway, I've likely missed something) So I can add it to my little lore doc, I'd appreciate it.

Azkar Almsivi:

This is just the rough version. Thoughts before I clean it up?

This is pretty magnificent, but if you can clean it up/add to it, it would be nice. I especially like how well you've grasped the "Defilers are sick bastards" concept. Whilst I don't want to limit your vocabulary, and as much as I love the word, sovereign's a bit complex for the standard understanding of language. Not everybody knows what it means/have ever heard or read it, y'know?

This is pretty magnificent, but if you can clean it up/add to it, it would be nice. I especially like how well you've grasped the "Defilers are sick bastards" concept. Whilst I don't want to limit your vocabulary, and as much as I love the word, sovereign's a bit complex for the standard understanding of language. Not everybody knows what it means/have ever heard or read it, y'know?

I like the word as well. Oh well. I fixed it up a bit, added some things. Ideas for Defiler names are a toss up between Lord, Boss and Crown. I feel Lord fits alright, but Boss would be simpler.

Azkar Almsivi:

I like the word as well. Oh well. I fixed it up a bit, added some things. Ideas for Defiler names are a toss up between Lord, Boss and Crown. I feel Lord fits alright, but Boss would be simpler.

Wonderful, if you could just do a bit of flavour text about the transmutation/first few of hours of manifestation, I'd be overjoyed.

Azkar Almsivi:

Wonderful, if you could just do a bit of flavour text about the transmutation/first few of hours of manifestation, I'd be overjoyed.

I'm done... Again, lol.

What do you think of that?

Azkar Almsivi:

Azkar Almsivi:

I'm done... Again, lol.

What do you think of that?

I almost haven't the heart to telly you I meant a paragraph or two outside of the sheet, as if you were writing a RP post about the change. I'm very sorry for this misunderstanding.

I was going to have him transform in his first post if he was accepted. I may write something up soon.

Well, this is probably my first 'serious' piece of 'writing', even if it is only a character sheet. Hesitated to post here at first, but as a friend of mine said recently: "We all start out in less than fortunate places."

Ratio:
Well, this is probably my first 'serious' piece of 'writing', even if it is only a character sheet. Hesitated to post here at first, but as a friend of mine said recently: "We all start out in less than fortunate places."

Looks good! look forward to your flavour text.

Dust and ash tore through the air as he walked. There were no visible footprints around and no sound could be heard over the sound of wind currently flapping through his duster, whipping at his knees through the ripped slacks he had worn all these years. The guitar was slung over his shoulder, as per usual, and the pistol remained firmly in its holster. Motes and granules found themselves caught in the greying ginger beard, practically grand. Ascending to the top of the mesa, he takes a view of the land around him. He pulls up his collar and pulls down his hat, guarding from the intense light of the sun, magnified and given great majesty by the tear, leering on the horizon.

Slowly, he trudges over to the small deck chair, smothered in dust. Lifting it by the frame, he shakes the dust from it and places it back before taking a seat. He pulls the guitar from his back and rests it over himself. It had been 10 years ago he had become what he was, and ten years ago this whole mess started. How deluded he had been to think they could be trusted with the autonomy entering this world gave them. There was no way to undo what had been done, and no way to fix the cracks he had made. All that could be done was to sit back and watch it all unfold, full of regret and feelings of helplessness.

He takes up position, pulls the guitar up, and begins to play.

The wind scoured the desolate landscape, a lone skeleton of a house sat upon charred land overlooking the arid planes. Grinding sounds emanated quietly from within the building's burnt wooden frame. The ground seemed to hum and vibrate ever so slightly. A pair of geckos which had been searching for insects scampered away quickly as the disturbance built up.
A small mound appeared in the ash, growing ever larger in the center of the defunct house.

An explosion of soil and ash tore into the air, creating a large cloud of lung clogging debris. Within the the center of the floating and falling particles stood a large silhouette. Four thick legs held it above a fresh gaping hole in the ground. The centaur like figure stood silently, coated in ash and dirt, face down. A long twisted spire seemed to complete it's right arm, a large shell like shield coating the other. It seemed limp and dead, a standing corpse.

Find.
Dominate.

The Knight reared up, smashing it's lance like arm through several burnt out beams and letting out a piercing long screech as the wreckage began to collapse around it.
"YES LORD!" the mutilated words echoed far across the desert. The Knight trotted out into the open. It's armor obscured by dark ash and earth, like a shadowy aura the ash and dust hung in the air around it. Slowly it's gaze scanned the horizon. Upon spotting the nearest settlement of a decent size, the Knight began it's sick quest.

The Rotten was stalking the desolate plains, the deserted scene that a meltdown a few kilometers ago had created, when they suddenly spotted a lone clocktower standing at the center of a ruined village. Blight hated humans, but even more so, they confused him. During his short time on Earth, he had noticed that humans perpetually try to enslave and estrange themselves from nature, rather than cooperate with it as if they were equal to it. He found this paradoxical, since humanity was only a subset of nature. For that reason, he had devoted the time he did not spend battling with his fellow Defilers to undoing this 'injustice'.

They take on a slow but increasingly fast gait as the clocktower comes ever closer, walking with a single-minded determinedness. It didn't usually veer away from his habitat, the woods. It was not that it wanted to leave either, and if not for that absolute feeling of neurotic compulsion, they would have stayed there. The contrast of the plains with the forest it came from was stark. The woods were full of creatures, whereas right now the Rotten was the only beacon of life. It was clear that the plain had been left in a hurry, with the incessant emptiness of the plain occasionally being disrupted by intermittent small settlements. The woods where they came from could be soon on the horizon, but otherwise there was nothing to be seen, other than the clocktower they eventually reached.

Utilizing the great size it had gained over the past few years, it wrapped his tendrils around the tower, crooking it so far it almost fell over, as if it were trying to uproot a tree. While doing that, an other of its roots burst through the clock's dial, upon which they could clearly hear a shrill, jittery screech, Blight almost being startled heavier than its pawn.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked