Soon I Will Be Invincible - Interest Thread

The revolution was swift and brutally efficient, descending on the corrupt, self-indulgent government puppets like a storm. The capital was taken within the month, and as the dust settled the conspirators were left with a country ripe for reform.

But these conspirators were no ordinary disillusioned citizens. They were each in possession of unique and distinctive abilities and skills far above and beyond the average man, and had they been defeated they might have been branded super-villains. Thankfully for them, the victors write history.

You are those conspirators, and now you have a country to run.

Of course, you are all consummate villains; cunning, ambitious, vicious and megalomaniacal. You had to work together to bring down the previous regime, but of course none of you have the least intention of sharing power. But horror of horrors; even thought the country is now leaderless, none of you have the power to take individual control. Instead, you are forced to form a coalition to deal with reconstruction efforts, angry citizens and international attention.

The ultimate objective of the game will be to deceive and betray all your erstwhile allies before they can stab you in the back first, while I, as GM, throw things at you in an attempt to knock you down and get you killed.

Questions, thoughts, suggestions.
All are welcome.

This is only an interest thread.
As such, no sheets are yet expected.

Bahahahaha, this seems fun as hell! Count me in.

Is that a milder version of FA?

I'll consider joining but I need a very good concept first.

Information will be updated periodically, in the OP.

drmigit2:

I look forward to your aplication.

TheIronRuler:

Could you clarify the nature of this 'FA'?
I await your sheet with anticipation.

ThreeWords:
Information will be updated periodically, in the OP.

drmigit2:

I look forward to your aplication.

TheIronRuler:

Could you clarify the nature of this 'FA'?
I await your sheet with anticipation.

Feudal America, an RP I hoped would run longer than it did.

TheIronRuler:

I recall being sad to have missed the applications for that particular RP. However, while it is in a similar vein, I'm also drawing some inspiration from Acherus, whose politicking and alliances of necessity I rather enjoyed.

ThreeWords:

TheIronRuler:

I recall being sad to have missed the applications for that particular RP. However, while it is in a similar vein, I'm also drawing some inspiration from Acherus, whose politicking and alliances of necessity I rather enjoyed.

My RP had similar ideas behind it. In fact, had people not given up on it there were already friendships and rivalries forming, with people reluctantly joining forces until the next chance for them to stick a knife in the other's back. It was more organic than Acherus.

TheIronRuler:

My RP had similar ideas behind it. In fact, had people not given up on it there were already friendships and rivalries forming, with people reluctantly joining forces until the next chance for them to stick a knife in the other's back. It was more organic than Acherus.

If it were to restart, I would surely apply to it. On the other hand, isn't it good that I haven't directly plagiarized your own work?

ThreeWords:

TheIronRuler:

If it were to restart, I would surely apply to it. On the other hand, isn't it good that I haven't directly plagiarized your own work?

I wouldn't mind either way. Plagiarism is a compliment. With that in mind, would you kindly accept my new Skype username as your contact?

This looks fun and while I'm a little concerned about time-zones since I'm on GMT but I'd like to give it a go.
Also could you be more specific about what the exact rules on powers are?

You have no idea how tempted I would be to join as The Thoroughbred of Sin.

Announcement

I'd like to point out this in an interest thread; applications are not yet expected, and data is still to be added.
At this point, I would welcome ideas as to how the setting might be made more suitable to my fellow Escapists.

ThreeWords:

Announcement

I'd like to point out this in an interest thread; applications are not yet expected, and data is still to be added.
At this point, I would welcome ideas as to how the setting might be made more suitable to my fellow Escapists.

1. The first thing you need to decide right now is if this is going to be combat or deceit based. You can't just make one and the other the same, they are entirely different an you have to emphasize one over the other.

2. If you want deceit to be the main method of beating opponents, powers would be marginalized essentially to just character fluff, not a question or an addition, just something to keep in mind.

3. Combat based would require an in-depth and comprehensive system and would need to be monitored closely. This is something to keep in mind as well. It would also marginalize deceit.

4. Any banned powers. People usually like to ban mind control and other mental powers due to how they can very easily go to either being totally worthless, or totally overpowered.

5. How much influence does each character have at the start?

6. Are there resources to gain and anything to micromanage or are we all just trying to screw each other over?

7. Are there any good guys left?

Well I personally would disagree with drmigit2's dichotomy of combat vs. deceit as well as the assertion that each inherently is attached to a specific play style.

On the other hand I'm curious if the players would each have access to a faction or any followers. Most of the really classic villains, especially the ones capable of overthrowing a government, usually have a few minions at minimum.

As a final note for now; I like how you compared the power levels to Batman, cool without being ridiculous, while many would point out that his capability is kind of ridiculous. That's not important, I just think it's worth a chuckle.

To answer some points:

-The game will be deceit orientated. However, a new question is raised: do I create a Secret Actions system by which players conduct subterfuge by PM and are unable to know things outside their player knowledge, or should I trust them to not try and 'win'.
-There won't be any numerical resources as such, though if you try and run twenty different plans at once, they will be less likely to succeed. This doesn't mean I'm ruling out things like the country going bust if you go utterly crazy.

-'Powers' is, to be honest, an inaccurate term: a better word might be 'Skills'; it should be nearer to the preferred flavor of mad science or favorite tool of fear. I'm going to say that power as such should come either from science (loosely speaking) or be innate skills.
-Minions is an idea I was considering; I'm wondering exactly how to go about phrasing it. However, I suppose that "commands a squad of power-armored super-soldiers" actually does qualify as a 'power'.

-There aren't really going to be any out and out good guys, but there will be people loyal to the old government, and an international scene to deal with.

-The game will start in the days immediately after the battle for the capital. The influence you possess will be some product of your opening capabilities and your early actions. Events in the introduction might go some way toward this as well, ie captured the power stations might give you a bargaining chip.

Also, I am busily generating lore about the psuedo-earth on which this is set.

Paranoia but without the Friend Computer to force us to move towards shared vague goal.

Sweeeet.

Edit: Wait, I can never get skype to work, nor am I ever comfortable to give my real name (see my user name), so nevermind.

Not G. Ivingname:
Paranoia but without the Friend Computer to force us to move towards shared vague goal.

Sweeeet.

Edit: Wait, I can never get skype to work, nor am I ever comfortable to give my real name (see my user name), so nevermind.

Skype is usually more of a sugestion than a requirement.

Sounds cool, I'll put my interest forward. It'll be interesting to see how this'll turn out :)

Shadowstar38:

Skype is usually more of a sugestion than a requirement.

This is true; however, I enjoy badgering my players in real time, and it would suck if certain players were to miss out on discussion. There will also be a user group, and important news can be stored there.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked