EXPANSE: The City V3 (Fantasy Epic) - Sign Ups (Closed, Started)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

The City... Over Three thousand years ago, the world of Ranajal was a vibrant place. It's one of many worlds created by the Gods and Goddess. However, the once green world was struck by the mage faction known as the Saviors. They used ancient Dark God magic they had found, and with it they put a mist over the continents making them inhabitable. But one continent survived, unknown as to why but it was clean of the mist. In a mad rush everyone left their homes and went to this continent to make a new.

It was however too much, too many people all crowded into this continent, a massive city built across the continent covering everything from the hot south to the cold north. Walls separating the various districts. Three thousand years have passed since they arrived; the city is dark, dirty, and damp with everyone crowded together. Factions have rose and fallen, wars have been waged between the three sections of the city.

Now the year 6267 C.D and in this year, the City will change. Upper District, the wealthiest Middle Section District, has a grip on the Section and is starting to exploit it. The Steel Hearts wish to wrestle control from the Upper District and the Nobles and Elite Class which rule it and instill new Nobles. Mage Hunters wish to control for their own desires of a clean world of no magic as they view as a blight which should be eradicated. In the middle is the Blood Stain, an assassin mercenary organization that will work for the biggest coin. Further in as hundreds of other factions fighting.

(Note: Elite Class and Nobles are different, Nobles are part of the government group, (there is eight of them, see below), and Elites are just the upper class of society.)

NOTE: EVERYONE WHO WISHES TO JOIN. MAKE SURE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BE ACTIVE. MANY TIMES I HAVE STARTED RP'S AND A GOOD AMOUNT OF PEOPLE GO MIA.

Also skype is required, makes it much easier to communicate with people. Add me: Omega Korten, also add me if you have questions.

Character Sheets:

Name:
Section: (North, South, Middle - Where your character originaites from, not where they're at the current moment.)
Looks: (Draw, pitcure, or describe) - Note, wierd request, but you can't have white hair. For story purposes. But all other hair colors are fine, even multi-colors.
Personality: (optional)
Faction: (are you in one? You don't have to be.)
Bio:
Other Info:

Here's mine!

This looks fun. Can I get a spot reserved please?

Deu Sex:
This looks fun. Can I get a spot reserved please?

Sorry for the late response, but sure.

Made a small edit to my bio.

Am I the only one who doesn't know where the bloody hell to begin with in this mess of a lore?

This is pretty heavy stuff.

TheIronRuler:
Am I the only one who doesn't know where the bloody hell to begin with in this mess of a lore?

What makes it a mess and heavy? I provided a lot of info so that when people make characters they won't have to ask questions as most likely they have been answered and if not then they can ask.

TheIronRuler:

The stuff you need to know:

Most of the world is covered in Poison Clouds except for one Continent. The survivors of what was pretty much an apocalypse, formed a large City, which has lasted for thousands of years.

The City is split into three sections, North, Middle and South, each with their own governing bodies. The North is ruled by a Monarchy, the Middle by a group of Noble families and the south is ruled by various groups who hold power over the others.

Each Section is divided by smaller sections, think like cities or states in a country, and are divided by their economic status: Upper, Middle and Poor, with little difference between the Middle and Poor and the Upper being really rich.

Each Section has their own overall take on Mages. North supports them, South hates them and the Middle is indifferent.

Deu Sex:

Any way interest in setting up shared back story?

I might be able to get a sheet up tomorrow, but if I am busy then I am gone till december 31st. Would it be possible to wait until the end of the holiday season to start?

Also, I am thinking of making a sort of tactical and interrogation master with an ability to everything within a large radius, is this alright? He would probably be with the Red Stain.

avouleance2nd:

Deu Sex:

Any way interest in setting up shared back story?

Not really no.

drmigit2:
I might be able to get a sheet up tomorrow, but if I am busy then I am gone till december 31st. Would it be possible to wait until the end of the holiday season to start?

Also, I am thinking of making a sort of tactical and interrogation master with an ability to everything within a large radius, is this alright? He would probably be with the Red Stain.

The RP won't start for a bit so no worry on taking your time. I am confused about what you mean by the ability.

Korten12:

drmigit2:

The RP won't start for a bit so no worry on taking your time. I am confused about what you mean by the ability.

Essentially, a large eye rises about 100 m up and my character would be able to control where it looks.

drmigit2:

Korten12:

drmigit2:

Essentially, a large eye rises about 100 m up and my character would be able to control where it looks.

Hm... I would have to think about that. Since that's an ability that seems to border on magic. Abilites are normally things like immunity, faster healing, lots of stamina (more so then even the fittest of people), and strength. Basically enchancements to the human body and not full blown extensions.

Korten12:

drmigit2:

Korten12:

Hm... I would have to think about that. Since that's an ability that seems to border on magic. Abilites are normally things like immunity, faster healing, lots of stamina (more so then even the fittest of people), and strength. Basically enchancements to the human body and not full blown extensions.

He could just be able to use a very limited supply of magic, I wouldn't be against that.

Made some edits to the sheet mainly in terms of grammar.

drmigit2:

Korten12:

drmigit2:

He could just be able to use a very limited supply of magic, I wouldn't be against that.

Well then he is a Mage which changes quite a bit. Which would then change it from Ability, to Special Magic. Also the SM must have downsides or else it's really over powered.

Korten12:

drmigit2:

Korten12:

Well then he is a Mage which changes quite a bit. Which would then change it from Ability, to Special Magic. Also the SM must have downsides or else it's really over powered.

So ability would be easier.

drmigit2:

Korten12:

drmigit2:

So ability would be easier.

No, abilities still have downsides, which is determined by the ability itself or also special magic. Some SM may have little to no consequence as it's not over powered or even abusable where as ones that maybe the two former have to have downsides to balance things.

Redryhno:

Just a couple of stuff, the North isn't full of Mages. They love Mages (hence the North is very Anti-Mage Hunters,) but the majority of the population in the North is just regulars. There is a decent amount of Mages though.

Korten12:
snip

I was working off nobles wanting their disowned son out of the picture in any way they can, and Mage Hunters kinda seem to be the best option from what you've given us on the Factions, I know Red Stain would probably have been a "better" choice to fit better with the lore, but first I had to have some reason for her to get in, and second, enemy of my enemy is on my payroll for a job.

Redryhno:

Korten12:
snip

I was working off nobles wanting their disowned son out of the picture in any way they can, and Mage Hunters kinda seem to be the best option from what you've given us on the Factions, I know Red Stain would probably have been a "better" choice to fit better with the lore, but first I had to have some reason for her to get in, and second, enemy of my enemy is on my payroll for a job.

Well disowning is fine and all but the reason for not being a mage in the North and then stating: "he'd been disowned by his family in the North for not being a Mage as the rest of them were."

Makes no sense lore wise since the majority in the North aren't Mages and for the most part don't hold any higher power in government for being Mages.

Edit: Or do you mean that he was kicked out because the rest of his family were mages. If that is so then all is fine and I just can't read. XD

Redryhno:

Looks really good hope you get in
Interest you in a bit of pre-rp?

David Woon:

Sorry, but no. I have seen you reuse that character, and frankly your posting quality is quite low. Regardless of the fact that it breaks canon in multiple ways.

avouleance2nd:
snip

Not really, no.

Korten12:

Well disowning is fine and all but the reason for not being a mage in the North and then stating: "he'd been disowned by his family in the North for not being a Mage as the rest of them were."

Makes no sense lore wise since the majority in the North aren't Mages and for the most part don't hold any higher power in government for being Mages.

Edit: Or do you mean that he was kicked out because the rest of his family were mages. If that is so then all is fine and I just can't read. XD

It was supposed to be read as his family being mostly mages,not the North, and them dropping him off for not being one. Obviously that's a lie, and she doesn't know or care what the real reason for him being in the Middle was.

Edit: I just read your edit, sorry, I do think it was a bit ambiguous, but I was trying to go for that, guess I did it too well, or botched it, depending on your take on it.

Redryhno:

Edit: I just read your edit, sorry, I do think it was a bit ambiguous, but I was trying to go for that, guess I did it too well, or botched it, depending on your take on it.

All is good. :D I would just say make it more obvious and then all is fine.

Can't wait to get started!

Apologies for the lateness. Any constructive criticism welcome.

Terratina.:

Apologies for the lateness. Any constructive criticism welcome.

I like it, they are something different which is always nice and they show a lot of thought so good luck getting in.
And I'm asking everyone so
Would you like to set up any shared back story?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here