Fire Emblem: Embers of Chaos- Sign Up (Starting soon)

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Twenty five years ago, the War of The Goddess ended. Yune used her powers to free the land of Ashera's Judgement. But an unknown consequence of Chaos' power freeing the land was sown. That which was sown, though unintended, is nearing maturity.

You are apart of the Felirae Mercenaries. Operating out of the province of Felirae in northeastern Crimea. The group was formed by a man named Razgriz only a year ago. The need was there to fight bandits from the southern mountains and the army couldn't be everywhere, so the time was opportune.

Characters currently passed initiation.

Okay then. I admit I only ever played Shadow Dragon all the way through, so I don't know as much as I should about the lore. I'm only about halfway through RD :P

EDIT: redid it (sort of) to make him an archer. It would fit better with our guerrilla style thing we have going >_>

*sigh* I was trying to avoid joining anymore RPs but it looks like a few are dead or on hiatus. so screw it, I'll have a sheet up in a bit.

ruedyn:

Okay then. I admit I only ever played Shadow Dragon all the way through, so I don't know as much as I should about the lore. I'm only about halfway through RD :P

where did you get that character anyway?

sage42:
*sigh* I was trying to avoid joining anymore RPs but it looks like a few are dead or on hiatus. so screw it, I'll have a sheet up in a bit.

where did you get that character anyway?

Picture? Random google search.

And there we go. Hopefully that'll work.

EDIT: Changed due to request by OP.

You're forgetting Light and Dark Magic. If you intend to put it in, I'll make a character. XD

Spector29:
You're forgetting Light and Dark Magic. If you intend to put it in, I'll make a character. XD

Light magic is in there. And Dark magic is so rare, only those who are completely insane(Izuka) or make deals with dark contracts(the good prince) can even use it.

Ok, I didn't see the Light magic section. BUT;

That's incredibly implausible. Dark Magic spirits seem to be no more evil than the spirits that inhabit Thunder/Fire/Wind mages. Next, since Micaiah would still be alive, Dark Magic would at least be sanctioned, if not encouraged, because that's the kind of mage the last King was. People would try and ape the late King, so there'd be way more Dark Mages.

And Canas already taught the FE series that not everyone who uses Dark Magic is evil.

Spector29:
Ok, I didn't see the Light magic section. BUT;

That's incredibly implausible. Dark Magic spirits seem to be no more evil than the spirits that inhabit Thunder/Fire/Wind mages. Next, since Micaiah would still be alive, Dark Magic would at least be sanctioned, if not encouraged, because that's the kind of mage the last King was. People would try and ape the late King, so there'd be way more Dark Mages.

And Canas already taught the FE series that not everyone who uses Dark Magic is evil.

As your referring to spirits, and spirit charmers in the first bit, I must note that there is only one noted case in the game, Pelleas, a Dark magic wielder. And those who take spirits into themselves will have their magical powers increased, their souls are consumed. Regular magic wielders arn't spirit charmers.

There are only 9 Dark magic users in Radiant Dawn, including enemies and allies. It is seemingly implied that Dark Magic users are likely to be Spirit Charmers, as Dark Magic is "too difficult for most mages", which explains their rareness.

In Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Knoll points out that dark magic's power comes from knowledge, not the desire to harm others. On the other hand, in Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken, it is stated by Canas that Dark Magic comes from darkness and that one must invite the darkness into oneself to use it; he also states that one must not allow the darkness full control.

As to wether Dark magic is truly evil. Well, it is really, but there are people who can control it, and still be good people. But since in game there is no actual character you can get, (I must note you can get two, but only after you've beaten the game once. So they're special characters you can get next play through).

So thats why I'm not allowing Dark Magic wielders to be a class to play. The odds of you being one, still being good, and than the fact of why the hell would you join a small mercenary company. To fight bandits. When you'd be doing all kinds of scholarly things and such, it's just improbable. So sorry, but thats the verdict.

*Shrug*

Not going to debate Dark Magic with you. Good day.

MrCollins:
Snip

No personality?
And going to have to ask you to change your back story if you'd please. Most of the senators were killed during the war and most likely the Senate itself was disbanded due to its "near total betrayal". Maybe just make it a Duke or Baron, rich people of some sort that you served.

Also, that Spector guy. Waltz in, starts an argument along with some incorrect info. Than saying things should be so just cause? Than refuses to defend himself. My word I wish he could of brought up something intelligible rather than... that.

I wasn't doing anything malicious. I was just explaining how Dark Magic users would invariably be more common after a wholly non-evil (Or at least from a public prospective) King used it.

I did confuse Canas with Knoll, which was my mistake. However, if Canas says Dark magic is evil, and Knoll says it really isn't, who's more correct? Even in Tellius there are good and evil Dark Mages, just like there are good and evil Light Mages.

So I never said anything wrong, especially concerning the Spirit Charmers. Branded are known to sometimes have powerful magic abilities, and 'too difficult for most mages' leaves out the inordinately exceptional ones.

If you wanted something wrong, then;

Tiger Sora:

Regular magic wielders arn't spirit charmers.

That's false. Case in point; Soren. His backstory reveals an old man took him under his tutelage because he thought Soren was a Spirit Charmer. Since he obviously wasn't taught Dark Magic, there had to have been other elemental Spirit Charmers in the past.

Good day, and please don't say rude things to others anymore.

EDIT FOR MOD: Understood. I'm out.

Play nice guys.

Spector, its his RP, allow him to run it how he wishes. If he wants to omit some material, let him.

Tiger, do not talk down to other users or insult them.

I don't want to have to come back here again.

Spector29:

If you wanted something wrong, then;

Tiger Sora:

Regular magic wielders arn't spirit charmers.

That's false. Case in point; Soren. His backstory reveals an old man took him under his tutelage because he thought Soren was a Spirit Charmer. Since he obviously wasn't taught Dark Magic, there had to have been other elemental Spirit Charmers in the past.

Well your right, but what I said is how you interpret it I guess. Should of chosen my words more carefully.
And theres good and evil in everyone, but by the odds wielders of Dark magics tend to be evil.

Now I'd like to apologize to you, things were said. Mistakes were made in doing so. I humbly apologize.

maddawg IAJI:
Play nice guys.

Spector, its his RP, allow him to run it how he wishes. If he wants to omit some material, let him.

Not omitting, just disallowing play of a class for PC's. Along with many others seeing as they're special classes in the game for the most part.

And I'll reign myself in. I play well most of the time, I guess this was an off situation for me. I'll do my best so it never happens again.

It's been a long time since I played Fire Emblem, so I hope this is acceptable. If it's complete rubbish, just let me know. :|

4 days without a post, figured this is owed a little bump. Sorry for all the hopefuls who get excited.

sage42:
4 days without a post, figured this is owed a little bump. Sorry for all the hopefuls who get excited.

Oh haha, thanks Sage. Christmas stuff took me off and I just got on to bump it myself. Hope more people will look into this.

So what are your thoughts on the obligatory prepremote who is technically powerful but practically unusable?

Fishtie:
So what are your thoughts on the obligatory prepremote who is technically powerful but practically unusable?

Ahh well, what do you have in mind? I'll need a little more detail like what class you want and the case for his near uselessness such before I thought about it much.

Present case. We'll see.

Is this okay? Particularly the quote. Is that how the Holy Guard behave, at all? I can change it if you want. Never played the Tellius games, unfortunately. From what I read, Begnion is not a nice place.

Well, I was thinking of something along these lines...

That's what I've got so far. If you don't like it then tell me and I'll try something different.

I've noticed something, reading through the sheets we only have two male characters. Not that this is a bad thing mind you, it's a refreshing pace even. Course It seems the ladies of Fire Emblem always out paced the guys so I'm not complaining.

sage42:
I've noticed something, reading through the sheets we only have two male characters. Not that this is a bad thing mind you, it's a refreshing pace even. Course It seems the ladies of Fire Emblem always out paced the guys so I'm not complaining.

Hmm.... So you're right. *Sleazy grin*
Awww yeah. :3

Fishtie:

That's what I've got so far. If you don't like it then tell me and I'll try something different.

I don't really see an issue. Is the age the limiting factor for her?

ruedyn:

sage42:

Well Jack was already getting all the ladies of Halloween town, with the hat he get's them from other universes too.

sage42:

ruedyn:

sage42:

Well Jack was already getting all the ladies of Halloween town, with the hat he get's them from other universes too.

There was maybe one lady. She was constructed from several ladies, but one nonetheless. The hat needs further testing >_>

Shall we bump soon? We aren't even on the front page anymore...

saintdane05:

Hm, yes, I think we shall, Mr. Dane.

Off-topic: Should I assume you took your username from the Pendragon books by D.J. McHale?
I like figuring out where people's usernames came from. :D

SamtheDeathclaw:

saintdane05:

Hm, yes, I think we shall, Mr. Dane.

Off-topic: Should I assume you took your username from the Pendragon books by D.J. McHale?
I like figuring out where people's usernames came from. :D

It has been my username for everything since I was nine. And yes, I got it from the Best Vilain Ever.

Do you have a start date?

saintdane05:
[quote="SamtheDeathclaw" post="540.396722.16199192"]Snip

I'm thinking the 1st or 2nd of the new year. Few more days to see if anymore can be baited in.

All right, scratch the old sheet. I'll go with something different.

Right, we start either much latter today or much more likely tomorrow on the 2nd.

Sheets are still being accepted so if you've an interest please write up a character sheet and submit.

For those that all ready have a sheet submitted I hope you're all still around. The formal acceptance list will go up after the sun rises for me and sets again (Eastern Time). Newcomers are still highly encouraged to not be deterred by this, I have a MIGHTY NEED for troops. And gaps tend to form within the first 2 weeks on a new RP. But I'm hopeful for loyal players, but such as to what may happen, I'm no future seer. I just see the results of the past.

Also, happy new year.

Tiger Sora:
Right, we start either much latter today or much more likely tomorrow on the 2nd.

Sheets are still being accepted so if you've an interest please write up a character sheet and submit.

For those that all ready have a sheet submitted I hope you're all still around. The formal acceptance list will go up after the sun rises for me and sets again (Eastern Time). Newcomers are still highly encouraged to not be deterred by this, I have a MIGHTY NEED for troops. And gaps tend to form within the first 2 weeks on a new RP. But I'm hopeful for loyal players, but such as to what may happen, I'm no future seer. I just see the results of the past.

Also, happy new year.

I just changed my sheet, just so you know. It's an archer now :D

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked