From the Ashes: An Open World, Post-Apocalypse Adventure (Open, Not Started)

FROM THE ASHES: An (Almost) Always-Open, Open World, Post-Apocalypse, Character Driven Adventure.

Some Rules:
-Try to stay civil with other players. Your character can be as much of a dick as you like, though.
-Keep your character well-balanced. Having a borderline Superman running around isn't going to be much fun for anyone else.
-Use spoiler tags if you're going to post videos/pictures.
-Have fun. If you don't, what's the point?

Some Advice:
-Keep a notepad/word file of your character's skills, and inventory. You don't want to forget about the batteries you've been carrying around for days when you need them, or forget you speak French when a bunch of Parisians are pointing shotguns at you.
-Keep a link to Google Translate at the ready. You may be able to translate perfectly on your own, but it may not. I don't want to put you in hot water because Google mistranslated a phrase.
-Pay attention to new locations. You don't want to miss something out, or get lost.
-Only a few groups have large supplies of bullets, and they aren't handing them out. So, conserve ammo.
-You'll want to carry as little as possible, to save weight. Improvising weapons on the spot could work out surprisingly well, if your character is built for it.
-Explore as much as possible.

Simply post your character sheet, inside a spoiler tag, in your first post. If I have a problem with the character (most likely, with their skills), I'll ask you to edit it a bit.

Please do not post in-character until the thread title changes to 'Started'!

I'm giving you some time to ask questions/come up with a character. Use it wisely.

Can I ask... Since this is a world after a cataclysm, where are we geographically?

TheIronRuler:
Can I ask... If this is a world after a cataclysm, where are we geographically?

The group will begin in a small settlement in England. After that, you can go wherever you want, as long as you have a way to get there.
The event has changed the landscape, but countries are still where they were before.

TrilbyWill:

TheIronRuler:
Can I ask... If this is a world after a cataclysm, where are we geographically?

The group will begin in a small settlement in England. After that, you can go wherever you want, as long as you have a way to get there.

You should put that in the OP. England, you say... Where in England? (General location... are we at the swamps in Cornwall, Hilly Scotland highlands or the outskirts of London?)
What kind of terrain should we look forward to?
I'm guessing that this is a free-roam RP, but are we supposed to move together as a team or is it a free-for-all?

I have an idea for a character. I'm thinking of a retired Intelligence operative that was spending some time visiting England's glorious castles and ancient structures when the shit hit the fan. A 47 year old married woman, can speak six languages and has extensive training in her field of expertise. She's trying to find her way back home, but since the shit hit the fan she can't find any reliable way to cross Europe and reach Asia.

TheIronRuler:
You should put that in the OP. England, you say... Where in England? (General location... are we at the swamps in Cornwall, Hilly Scotland highlands or the outskirts of London?)
What kind of terrain should we look forward to?

It will be South West England (near the Welsh border), so the terrain will be mostly flat, or small hills, with quite a bit of farmland.

TheIronRuler:
I'm guessing that this is a free-roam RP, but are we supposed to move together as a team or is it a free-for-all?

It will be mostly free-roam (there are points which will be more linear, and story-based). Because of that, characters should stay in a group.

TheIronRuler:
-snip-

That character seems acceptable, as long as we don't have too many like that.

OoC: Here's the character sheet, @Trilby.

Dirty Cop James funs:

I don't have a problem with those skills, because they seem fairly reasonable. Though it could use some expansion (i.e. what type of ranged weapon is he a good marksman with? what type of sword can he use?)
Also, could you expand on the armour (I'm fine with the idea of someone making a suit of armour in their shed, as long as the material is feasible)? And bear in mind, he'll have to carry it around, along with a pack full of gear.

TrilbyWill:

Dirty Cop James funs:

I don't have a problem with those skills, because they seem fairly reasonable. Though it could use some expansion (i.e. what type of ranged weapon is he a good marksman with? what type of sword can he use?)
Also, could you expand on the armour (I'm fine with the idea of someone making a suit of armour in their shed, as long as
the material is feasible)? And bear in mind, he'll have to carry it around, along with a pack full of gear.

I think we should add items into the character sheet. As for the armour, some of it was taken from actual armour and the rest was improvised. His items are a katana, a pistol, a screwdriver and a bobbypin. Also edited my post.

Dirty Cop James funs:
I think we should add items into the character sheet. As for the armour, some of it was taken from actual armour and the rest was improvised. His items are a katana, a pistol, a screwdriver and a bobbypin. Also edited my post.

Right. Well then, I'm fine with your character.
But nobody is going to have any gear at the start, only what they pick up when they escape their house (you can grab all that stuff, though).

TrilbyWill:

Dirty Cop James funs:

Right. Well then, I'm fine with your character.
But nobody is going to have any gear at the start, only what they pick up when they escape their house (you can grab all that stuff, though).

Okay.
By the way, where is your character sheet?

Dirty Cop James funs:
Okay.
By the way, where is your character sheet?

I'll be playing the NPCs, enemies and animals.

Definitely interested in this, what kind of pace are we looking at? I can manage one post a day with my work commitments so if that's a problem I'll give it a miss.

David Woon:

That seems fine to me.

RobDaBank:
Definitely interested in this, what kind of pace are we looking at? I can manage one post a day with my work commitments so if that's a problem I'll give it a miss.

It's probably going to move fairly fast. I'd suggest staying clear until after it starts, just to be sure. If it goes slow enough, you can always drop in later.

No problem, will be looking forward to making a joiner from Barnsley to tackle the welsh with his broad accent
'Does tha' kno' what a mean?'

TrilbyWill:

David Woon:

That seems fine to me

"thank you PM me when we start" i say before going into a deep sleep

Hope you like it! Tell me if I need to add/remove anything. As always criticisms or suggestions are always welcome.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Hope you like it! Tell me if I need to add/remove anything. As always criticisms or suggestions are always welcome.

That seems fair enough, and the group will need a medic.

Name: Marcus Patterson

Nationality: British (Northern Irish)

Physical Description: Marcus is about 5ft 2 inches and has dark shaggy hair and blue eyes. He has pale white skin and has dark restless eyes which are the result of many sleepiness nights, due to the danger of roving bandit tribes.

Personality: Marcus is usual pleasant to most people he meets and once he forges a friendship with someone he tries his best to be loyal and to protect his new friend or friends. When left alone Marcus usually drifts of into intense thinking periods to plan his next steps in the weeks and days to come, this over thinking usually leaves him stressful as the burdens of his harsh new world falls onto this young souls' shoulders.

Former Profession: Before the cataclysm Marcus was studying in his school for his A levels in Northern Ireland. However when the cataclysm struck Marcus was with his cadet unit at their annual training camp in Southern England, him and his buddies were quickly assigned to proper military units to help with security but he grew unhappy and was worried about his family back in northern Ireland and so he left his platoon in the dead of night with his kit, rations and a rifle. Due to his cadet training Marcus has a basic understanding of military survival and techniques.
Special Skills: Basic military survival techniques and his quite a good shot with a rifle. He is also a good cook and makes several killing soups and pasta dishes, although due to the cataclysm ingredients are hard to come by.

Equipment: L98 A2 cadet GP rifle, 90 rounds of 5.56 mm, ragged combat jacket, combat trousers, Backpack, assault boots, several days rations, survival knife, hexe block and cooker.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked