The Great Game: A Fallen London RP (Open, not yet started)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Fallen London: once capital of the British Empire, now home of the Bazaar. Deep. Dark. Expensive. Marvellous. Here you can find everything from immortality, to unnervingly good mushroom wine.

It is the late 1800s and London has been claimed by the Bazaar, and sunken into the Neath, a strange massive cavern beneath the Earth. Londoners have grown accustomed to the oddities of their new residence and life goes on, but behind the scenes a game is being played and whether you know it or not you have been called to serve one of its players.

Your character, be they man, rat, squid or something else has been recruited by one of the players of the Great Game, played between the Bazaar's Masters, the surface cities, and other powers. Spies and assassins are their pawns, and now you may join the ranks of such pawns. Who knows where you came from or why you have been chosen, but all that is certain is that a strange and marvelous adventure awaits you!

You don't need to have played the game Fallen London (formerly Echo Bazaar) to submit a sheet, as the rp will be kept accessible to those who don't know much about it. If you want to know more then you will be able to ask questions either in this forum or if you are accepted then in the group chat later on. If you want to discover details for yourself then try playing the game or reading a wiki:

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/

http://echobazaar.wikidot.com/sidebars (wiki page chosen as it presents good examples of flavor and lore from the game itself)

Please let me know if you have further questions about the rp, setting or your characters. The rp is intended to allow as much player choice as possible so feel free to create whatever character you want, so long as they are not a mary sue.

DarkRawen will be the co-gm along with me for this rp.

Text quoted from the game is in italics.

And I'm the awesome co-gm. Not much to say, I'm in charge of some of the characters, that'll be most of my job, I think. So yeah.

Oh my muffins. I'm a huge fan of Echo Bazaar. Expect a sheet from me soon.

I'll have a sheet up soonish, probably once I start feeling better. Great to see something like this though.

Intriguing, I remember playing Fallen London a while ago, I may put up a character sheet.

Interesting, I think I'll do some research on the setting, and I may just put a sheet together.

Bravo 21:
Interesting, I think I'll do some research on the setting, and I may just put a sheet together.

Well if you have any questions on the setting feel free to ask either here or via PM, I'll be happy to answer, as I said in the OP I want this to be as accessible as possible to people.

Neat. I'll get a sheet up eventually. I'm being lazy today.

Not G. Ivingname:

Looks pretty good overall, my only concerns are that London fell about thirty years ago (exact dates are, to my knowledge, not given) so that would make your character at least in his fifties, this isn't a problem, although it might impact how much time he's already spent studying the creatures of Fallen London, I just want to make sure you're aware of it. Secondly his choice of weapons is also fine, but a bit conspicuous and its unlikely he'll want to take his rifle or machete everywhere on account of the attention they'll draw, again just making sure you're aware of this.

Other than that the sheet looks pretty good, I'm not selecting characters that make it into the rp just yet though so I can't guarantee anyone a spot.

Due to the difficulty of writing a sheet for two people at once, there will be two sheets in this post.

Oh god so much writing.
Let me know if there are any massive, glaring holes.
(Any more than can be expected of me, anyways.)

IFS:

Not G. Ivingname:

Looks pretty good overall, my only concerns are that London fell about thirty years ago (exact dates are, to my knowledge, not given) so that would make your character at least in his fifties, this isn't a problem, although it might impact how much time he's already spent studying the creatures of Fallen London, I just want to make sure you're aware of it. Secondly his choice of weapons is also fine, but a bit conspicuous and its unlikely he'll want to take his rifle or machete everywhere on account of the attention they'll draw, again just making sure you're aware of this.

Other than that the sheet looks pretty good, I'm not selecting characters that make it into the rp just yet though so I can't guarantee anyone a spot.

Oh, ok. Will make a few tweaks as a "continued study of the creatures of London," trying to get bodies to disect and study, while also going a weebit mad. The rifle and machete are just meant to establish he has access to them if the situation allows (say attacks on his house or he knows he will need them), the revolver is the only thing he brings around.

Not G. Ivingname:

IFS:

Not G. Ivingname:

Oh, ok. Will make a few tweaks as a "continued study of the creatures of London," trying to get bodies to disect and study, while also going a weebit mad. The rifle and machete are just meant to establish he has access to them if the situation allows (say attacks on his house or he knows he will need them), the revolver is the only thing he brings around.

Yeah, the larger weapons are fine I just wanted you to know that in most places of London he'd look a little out of place carrying them around. No one would care if he brought them out to Watchmaker's Hill, The Forgotten Quarter, or Wolfstack Docks, but most places they'd be pretty noticeable.

SamtheDeathclaw:
Due to the difficulty of writing a sheet for two people at once, there will be two sheets in this post.

Oh god so much writing.

ruedyn:

0_0

A violent guy who hates Rubbery Men, and a Rubbery Man that gets violent when angered? Interesting. By interesting, I mean "Those two will kill each other all the time."

I don't think anything look off, if you're wondering, but my opinion is as relevant as Norway in the Summer Olympics. The characters are interesting, though, so there's that.

>_> Yeah. I know, I just wanted to point out my amusement caused by those two characters.

I played Fallen London back when it was called Echo Bazaar and loved it so I thought I try my hand at submitting a sheet. Unfortunately I haven't played in a very long time and can't remember much so feel free to tell me if I've made a mistake.

Cybele:
snip

Wonder where that name came from. No telling. :P

DarkRawen:

0_0

A violent guy who hates Rubbery Men, and a Rubbery Man that gets violent when angered? Interesting. By interesting, I mean "Those two will kill each other all the time."

I don't think anything look off, if you're wondering, but my opinion is as relevant as Norway in the Summer Olympics. The characters are interesting, though, so there's that.

>_> Yeah. I know, I just wanted to point out my amusement caused by those two characters.

It was intentional, on my part anyways. :D We've already had a threat-down (which I won, I may add.)
Are you not going to be playing with us? D:
Just because there would be rampant gm favoritism? :D

SamtheDeathclaw:

Cybele:
snip

Wonder where that name came from. No telling. :P

DarkRawen:

0_0

It was intentional, on my part anyways. :D We've already had a threat-down (which I won, I may add.)
Are you not going to be playing with us? D:
Just because there would be rampant gm favoritism? :D

Eh? Nah, not really. More because IFS could get accused of GM favoritism. Besides, IFS and I have done some work with the plot together, so I would know what to do, which would be... nah. I'll be RPing as a bunch of NPCs, though. Interesting ones, in a setting where they don't usually stay dead, so I'll be fine. I'm basically in charge of that, without the responsibilities!

Hello everybody. Now my character's bio is a little grim, so feel free to skip it or not read it. I look forward to hopefully joining you all!

I like what I'm reading in other people's sheets.

Azkar Almsivi:
Hello everybody. Now my character's bio is a little grim, so feel free to skip it or not read it. I look forward to hopefully joining you all!

She'd make a fine edition to the Royal Bethlehem Hotel.

Will it be possible for characters to go temporarily insane? What about other fun things like suspicion and scandal?

Cybele:

Will it be possible for characters to go temporarily insane? What about other fun things like suspicion and scandal?

Personally I hope so, as for actually knowing if they can or not, no idea. I never played the game and haven't looked too far into anything. Hence the choice to have my character as a new arrival.

Cybele:
snip

As far as I know, it is possible. We won't use exact stats, but yeah, I'm fairly sure you can. Only IFS can say for sure, though.

I am a big fan of Echo Bazaar so naturally I couldn't pass this RP up. And commentary is always welcomed.

Cybele:

Death and imprisonment are certainly going to be possible consequences, insanity could happen but I don't want to take control to declare a character insane, more likely I'll state that seeing something might make them a bit unhinged or give them nightmares, and if the player thinks that they should go insane then they can. In other words the player of the character is the one who decides if they go insane. Exile to the tomb colonies isn't likely given that the PCs will have someone watching over and directing them, plus it would remove a PC from the game for a while with little they could do.

ruedyn:

Looks fine to me, should be interesting to see him clash with other characters. Although if the cane is a gift from the devils then it is probably topped with brass or something to show his allegiance, if you don't make a note otherwise I'm going to assume that this is the case. Just letting you know.

SamtheDeathclaw:

Oh god so much writing.

Also looks fine to me, should be fun to seem them interact with Ruedyn's character. I am surprised that the Rubbery doesn't have a ratwork gun considering that he carries one on his shoulder, but thats kind of unimportant.

I'll comment on the other sheets later, so far it looks pretty good, although I can't guarantee anyone acceptance yet.

Cybele:

Looks good to me, I'm glad to see we've gotten at least one shadowy character so far, and the lost soul is definitely something I could work into the rp.

Voidrunner:
I played Fallen London back when it was called Echo Bazaar and loved it so I thought I try my hand at submitting a sheet. Unfortunately I haven't played in a very long time and can't remember much so feel free to tell me if I've made a mistake.

I'm not seeing any mistakes so far, looks pretty good to me. Glad to see a Clay/Unfinished character, the motive wouldn't be hard to work in either and could be pretty interesting.

Azkar Almsivi:

Looks good, if very dark and it'll be a bit creepy to have a 16 year old attempting to seduce people. Looks interesting though, my only concern is that I don't know much about the state of Japan in the late 1800's aside from the fact that it was being westernized and trying to catch up to other nations, but seeing as its set in London not Japan that should hardly be an issue.

Floris2123:

I am a big fan of Echo Bazaar so naturally I couldn't pass this RP up. And commentary is always welcomed.

It seems a bit like you're trying to bring your character from the game into the rp, overall it looks good although I am somewhat concerned that he is too good in most areas, the mention of the correspondence plaques in particular seems largely irrelevant to his character as well since it doesn't mention any of the effects they might have had on him, I would recommend changing that to simply having gained a place at the university for his knowledge of codes or from his acquaintence with the other professor. So far thats my only concern with the character though, that he might be a bit too good, other than that concern he seems fine and some of that will depend on how you play him.

IFS:

Death and imprisonment are certainly going to be possible consequences, insanity could happen but I don't want to take control to declare a character insane, more likely I'll state that seeing something might make them a bit unhinged or give them nightmares, and if the player thinks that they should go insane then they can. In other words the player of the character is the one who decides if they go insane. Exile to the tomb colonies isn't likely given that the PCs will have someone watching over and directing them, plus it would remove a PC from the game for a while with little they could do.

I wonder. If someone goes bonkers, does only their mind go on a holiday at Bethlehem's or do they actually go there? The place itself most likely actually exists since you can have your lodgings there.
It would be amusing if a characters mind was off on some fun and bizarre adventure but their body was sitting somewhere in a puddle, raving obscenities.

DarkRawen:

0_0

I only need to kill him once, though. It'll be qiock too, as I have a gun :D

ruedyn:

DarkRawen:

0_0

I only need to kill him once, though. It'll be qiock too, as I have a gun :D

That's nice. You want to not do that, though, considering. Wait, me telling you not to would just encourage you, right? =_=
Oh, well, you need to get in first anyways, so for now it's not important.

IFS:
*space saving*

I didn't actually read the time period very well, but due to her father being English and the wording in the bio it works out fine anyway.

If her age is off putting she can be older by the time she actually made her way there. But honestly the entire point is it's disarming.

Cybele:

IFS:

I wonder. If someone goes bonkers, does only their mind go on a holiday at Bethlehem's or do they actually go there? The place itself most likely actually exists since you can have your lodgings there.
It would be amusing if a characters mind was off on some fun and bizarre adventure but their body was sitting somewhere in a puddle, raving obscenities.

I was always under the impression that the manager collected them and took them to the Royal Bethlehem, at least thats how its going to work in the rp. Otherwise it wouldn't work as an escape from a tiny velvet lined box.

Azkar Almsivi:

IFS:
*space saving*

I didn't actually read the time period very well, but due to her father being English and the wording in the bio it works out fine anyway.

If her age is off putting she can be older by the time she actually made her way there. But honestly the entire point is it's disarming.

The age is fine, given her backstory her seducing would be somewhat creepy regardless, I find it a little extra creepy with her being that young, but there is no need to change it. Besides the setting itself can be quite creepy, especially with how cheerful it seems to be.

IFS:
*wub wub wub*

She does whatever she needs/wants to do when it comes to interacting with people. Stop making seduction a buzz word, lol. The Point is she can do it/try to do it.

Azkar Almsivi:

IFS:
*wub wub wub*

She does whatever she needs/wants to do when it comes to interacting with people. Stop making seduction a buzz word, lol. The Point is she can do it/try to do it.

Yeah, fair enough. The sheet seemed to place some emphasis on her skill at seduction which is why I started using it as a buzzword.

I love fallen London! Should get a sheet up in a day or two.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked