The Great Game: A Fallen London RP (Open, not yet started)

Pages PREV 1 2 3

DarkRawen:
Well, I still regard him second in command.

The real question is: Who can kick who out of the RP? Then you will answer for your self who is actually wearing the sweet, glorious GM-pants.

I'm going to stop posting now. Even though chatting is allowed, it's clogging the recruitment thread, IMO.

Azkar Almsivi:

DarkRawen:
*snip*

IFS "So long as people keep most of the pictures in spoilers it shouldn't be too off putting."
I have fixed up everything via the glorious wisdom and grace of the GM. It's like he premeditated your grab for power. A testament to his majesty.

I'd love to see people thrown into situations they shouldn't be as well. Imagine self obsessed undesirable being put in a position to save someone or do something good? What would they do. Now that's enticing. Or goody goodies having the opportunity to sacrifice innocents instead of fail at something. Interesting~

How do new arrivals usually enter the city?

New arrivals can enter the city by derigible, sometimes surface criminals are sent to New Newgate (the prison) and enter London from there.

As for events for individuals it will be a mix of me orchestrating stuff and them putting their own stuff together. If they have a large and possibly widespread event or character they want to introduce then they should talk with me about it via PMs, or in the chat if they don't care about others seeing their plans, but preferably via PM.

Here is the updated version of my sheet. I hope that all the mentioned problems are fixed now.

Floris2123:

Here is the updated version of my sheet. I hope that all the mentioned problems are fixed now.

Looks good to me, very much improved.

So, how many players do you want?

(veiled bump)

Any problems, let me know.

Azkar Almsivi:
So, how many players do you want?

(veiled bump)

At most I'll be accepting around ten people, although that depends on how many more sheets I get.

Terratina.:

Any problems, let me know.

Looks good to me, although you should know that the motive will be somewhat difficult to pursue as there isn't much lore that I know about the Apples or the Cider. There is a little more about the Exiles Roses though, and another plant of particular interest in the Neath that she might look for is the Exceptional Rose. Theres no need to change it though so long as you're fine with her not being able to finish her goal regarding the apples, she could still get hints and make progress, just not complete it, unless more lore comes out or I decide to make my own up. If you know a wiki with more lore on either of them feel free to link me to it, as I will readily admit I don't know everything there is to know about Fallen London.

IFS:
-Snip-

That's fine with me.

So, tomorrow is the day when people are chosen, so those who are interested should post sheets soon, as feedback needs to be given as well :)

Evrant:

Overall its fine, my only complaint is that introducing a whole worldwide secret society in a character sheet seems a bit too far reaching to me. I'd suggest maybe changing it to something related to the Great Game (which was played mostly in Asia prior to the fall) or something like that.

Gyaaaah! Getting to work on my sheet NoW!

Evrant:
Snip

Would you say your assassin is more Kill Bill tactics or Assassin Creed?

ruedyn:

Evrant:
Snip

explain to me Kill Bill tactics, then I shall decide.

Evrant:

ruedyn:

Evrant:
Snip

Be hot and kill things with a sword, using as much ultra violence as humanly possible.

ruedyn:

Evrant:

ruedyn:

Be hot and kill things with a sword, using as much ultra violence as humanly possible.

Right. The "Be hot and kill things with a sword" could be attributed to her style, the ultra violence on the other hand, not so much; prefers to use subtly for the most part.

Evrant:

ruedyn:

Evrant:

Right. The "Be hot and kill things with a sword" could be attributed to her style, the ultra violence on the other hand, not so much; prefers to use subtly for the most part.

So, Assassin Creed. IFS was right :(

MortifiedPenguin:

Looks great, only nitpick is that death by disease is permenant in the Neath, but change that and it should be fine.

Hope this works. If anything needs changing I will be happy to oblige.

I'm guessing that the main concern would be the bio. I thought I'd try something a little different, given the style of Fallen London.

Dogmatic99:

I'm guessing that the main concern would be the bio. I thought I'd try something a little different, given the style of Fallen London.

Looks good overall except to my awareness you have the tomb colonist thing a bit mixed up, Tomb colonists are generally treated as lepers and sent to the colonies because they have injuries/scars that require them to be covered in bandages and are basically disfigured by their encounters with death, so him just having had his throat cut wouldn't make him one. And while said colonists are generally stiffer but tougher as a result of their experience(s) with death they aren't slowly dying in the manner you describe him as doing, although those symptoms could be made psychosomatic if you want to keep them. Thats really the only problem, change it and it'll look good. If you have evidence that I'm wrong on the tomb colonist thing then feel free to link it for me, I will readily admit I don't know everything about Fallen London.

IFS:

Dogmatic99:

Looks good overall except to my awareness you have the tomb colonist thing a bit mixed up, Tomb colonists are generally treated as lepers and sent to the colonies because they have injuries/scars that require them to be covered in bandages and are basically disfigured by their encounters with death, so him just having had his throat cut wouldn't make him one. And while said colonists are generally stiffer but tougher as a result of their experience(s) with death they aren't slowly dying in the manner you describe him as doing, although those syptoms could be made psychosomatic if you want to keep them. Thats really the only problem, change it and it'll look good. If you have evidence that I'm wrong on the tomb colonist thing then feel free to link it for me, I will readily admit I don't know everything about Fallen London.

Sounds like you've done more than me, I've edited in a bit hinting that it could be psychosomatic. Brought on by stress and the events that brought him to his death. It seemed like a cool idea, thank you for letting me keep them in and your idea has added an interesting new element I can add to his development.

Here's the addition to save you looking for it: Strangely these symptoms are not seen in others with his condition, neither are the occasional bouts of depression and chronic nightmares. Sometimes he wonders if he makes being dead harder than it needs to be.. if he shouldn't just show his neck with pride like other young duelists show off a missing eye or arm. But the way he has seen other dead folk carted off has left him paranoid and self conscious where his scaring is concerned. And his hatred of hospitals certainly doesn't help matters.

Dogmatic99:

Sounds like you've done more than me, I've edited in a bit hinting that it could be psychosomatic. Brought on by stress and the events that brought him to his death. It seemed like a cool idea, thank you for letting me keep them in and your idea has added an interesting new element I can add to his development.

Here's the addition to save you looking for it: Strangely these symptoms are not seen in others with his condition, neither are the occasional bouts of depression and chronic nightmares. Sometimes he wonders if he makes being dead harder than it needs to be.. if he shouldn't just show his neck with pride like other young duelists show off a missing eye or arm. But the way he has seen other dead folk carted off has left him paranoid and self conscious where his scaring is concerned. And his hatred of hospitals certainly doesn't help matters.

Looks good, although either the appearance or the race is a bit misleading, as he is either wearing bandages or he isn't a tomb colonist. Rawen has suggested that he might see himself as a tomb colonist even if he only has the one scar, but its up to you what you want to do with the character. Other than that nitpick it looks great, and I'm glad I could help.

I hope this fixes the problems you had with my sheet :)

IFS:

Dogmatic99:

Looks good, although either the appearance or the race is a bit misleading, as he is either wearing bandages or he isn't a tomb colonist. Rawen has suggested that he might see himself as a tomb colonist even if he only has the one scar, but its up to you what you want to do with the character. Other than that nitpick it looks great, and I'm glad I could help.

Ah, I think I may have misunderstood the definition of a tomb colonist then. By the sounds of it he's (At the moment) a human who has died at one point. I'll change his species in the profile, either way it looks like his early time will involve not being able to return to the surface.

MortifiedPenguin:

I hope this fixes the problems you had with my sheet :)

Yeah, I don't see any problems, looks great.

Dogmatic99:

Ah, I think I may have misunderstood the definition of a tomb colonist then. By the sounds of it he's (At the moment) a human who has died at one point. I'll change his species in the profile, either way it looks like his early time will involve not being able to return to the surface.

Ok, you should be fine then.

Seeing as the number of sheets I was willing to accept was "around ten" and we got 11 submissions everyone is accepted, I will repost all the sheets below.

Not G. Ivingname:

ruedyn:

Cybele:

Voidrunner:

Azkar Almsivi:

SamtheDeathclaw:

Floris2123:

Terratina.:

Evrant:

Dogmatic99:

MortifiedPenguin:

And that should be it for the accepted sheets, recruitment is now closed, congratulations and all that to everyone. I will create a group for the rp and send you all invites, then begin working on the OP. The rp will have a new thread which I will link in the group when I've started it.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked