Should you buy Starfield? Here's why you should and shouldn't.

Starfield: You Can Get the Lodge’s Spacesuit Ridiculously Early

Early on in Starfield, players will go to the Lodge. Located in New Atlantis, the building serves as the headquarters for Constellation, one of Starfield‘s main factions, and gives the player access to various workbenches, rest spots, and other things of immense value early in the game. In the basement of the Lodge, though, is a spacesuit inside of a locked glass case, which requires Master-level lockpicking to open up. However, thanks to a neat trick, Starfield players can actually get the spacesuit in the Lodge immediately. Here’s how.

Recommended Videos

How to Get the Lodge Spacesuit Early in Starfield

Once you have the Lodge key, head into the building’s basement. Inside one of the storage rooms is a mannequin wearing the spacesuit. Aim your cursor for the cracks in the seam of the case, and you’ll have the option to open the mannequin and loot it for the Mark I Pack, Mark I Space Helmet, and Mark I Spacesuit, all of which have an absurd value and will give you a massive boost to your stats. I’ve included a screenshot below from Patrick Maka on X showing precisely where to aim your cursor. However, I did independently confirm this is possible, at least with the current version of the game (V1.7.23.0), and it’s extremely easy to do.

RELATED: Seeing Earth’s Fate in Starfield Broke My Heart

Early game, this spacesuit is far and away the best armor you can get, but it’s worth noting that equipping it might end up creating balance issues, since you’ll be so overpowered with it on. Still, if you’re aiming more to run rampant over the universe or never work on your lockpicking skill, the Mark I armor set is absolutely worth getting eventually.

If you’re looking for more tips and tricks for Bethesda’s latest game, we’ve got you covered with articles on where you can find clothing shops in Starfield, how to smuggle contraband, and how to board ships. 

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Related Content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Author
Liam Nolan
Liam Nolan has been the Managing Editor at The Escapist since August 2023, during which time he's covered Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Starfield, and several other major releases. After getting his Master of Arts in English in 2016, he began writing about comics, television, movies, and video games, with his work appearing at such outlets as Marvel.com, CBR, and The Mary Sue. When he's not writing on pop culture, you can find Liam working on his creative projects or traveling. You can follow him on Twitter @LD_Nolan or on Bluesky @ldnolan.bsky.social.