Bethesda has given Starfield another release date delay, setting it to September 2023, and a June Xbox Direct will highlight the game.

Starfield Lets You Flip the Toilet Paper Roll – No, Seriously

Starfield lets you flip some toilet paper rolls into your preferred, potentially incorrect, position.

Recommended Videos

Posted by several users to Reddit, we’ve embedded a post below from Rhenarin that shows him flipping the toilet paper roll from the objectively correct forward-facing position to the objectively-wrong backward facing position, an act that in a game with a morality system would almost certainly be understood as evil. After saying that, I’m not reading the comments section on this article, and you can’t make me.

Possibly the greatest feature in the game
byu/Rhenarin inStarfield

Listen, there is nothing I love more than small mechanics like being able to flip the toilet paper roll. There’s an attention to detail evident in that sort of choice that’s hard not to acknowledge as cool. This one is also particularly funny to me, because it’s a shockingly common subject of argument, and there really is no objectively correct way to do it — despite my goading earlier. It’s always what you prefer and what works best for you. Still, that doesn’t stop people from getting really, really passionate about the proper orientation of toilet paper rolls.

Despite the above clip, some outlets have reported that not every toilet paper roll can be flipped, which feels like a missed opportunity. It’s not totally clear at this time just when you can and can’t adjust the toilet paper roll. Here’s to hoping that the modding community makes sure you can do every single one of them sooner rather than later.

Created by Bethesda Game Studios, Starfield is available now in early access, which comes with certain versions of the game. For those who don’t have one of those versions, Starfield officially releases on PC and Xbox Series X/S on Sept. 6, so you’ll have to wait until then to bring justice to the universe, one toilet paper roll at a time.

KEEP READING: Yes, Starfield References Skyrim’s Most Quoted Meme

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Related Content
Read Article All Patch Notes for Dragon’s Dogma 2 April 25 Patch
Dragons Dogma 2 Arisen
Read Article Pokemon GO Players Want Massive Spotlight Hour Change After Bugged Trubbish Shiny Rates
Trubbish, the garbage Pokemon, from the animated Pokemon series
Read Article Metaphor: ReFantazio Won’t Have Romance Like Persona
Sitting at dinner with friends in Metaphor: ReFantazio
Author
Liam Nolan
Liam Nolan has been the Managing Editor at The Escapist since August 2023, during which time he's covered Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth, Starfield, and several other major releases. After getting his Master of Arts in English in 2016, he began writing about comics, television, movies, and video games, with his work appearing at such outlets as Marvel.com, CBR, and The Mary Sue. When he's not writing on pop culture, you can find Liam working on his creative projects or traveling. You can follow him on Twitter @LD_Nolan or on Bluesky @ldnolan.bsky.social.