Here is the full answer to how tie-breakers work in Marvel Snap, because a tie may not be resolved how you expect it to be.

How Do Tie-Breakers Work in Marvel Snap?

Second Dinner‘s Marvel Snap is one of those games where, thanks to the element of chance and the presence of a human player, victory is never certain. It can also be slightly confusing when it comes to tie-breakers. So if you’re wondering how tie-breakers work in Marvel Snap, I’ve got the answer.

Recommended Videos

How a Tie-Breaker Is Settled in Marvel Snap

Whoever has the most power points at a location owns that location. There are exceptions, such as the location The Bar With No Name where the person with the least points wins. But that’s generally how it works. If your opponent gets power points at that location, it switches to their possession.

At the end of the game, the person with two locations in their possession is declared the winner. But what happens if each player only has one location each, and the other location is a tie? This is where it gets slightly confusing.

In the below screenshot you’ll see that I won Muir Island with 4 points, they won Lemuria with 16 points, and we both tied for the Danger Room for 11 points. So, given that they had a higher overall score, I was puzzled when I won.

Here is the full answer to how tie-breakers work in Marvel Snap, because a tie may not be resolved how you expect it to be.

But here’s how tie-breakers actually work. The overall winner is the person who has the biggest lead over their opponent in the location they held. So, at Lemuria, my opponent beat me by 1. But at Muir Island I beat them by 4, so I won.

If we’d both beaten each other by the same amount, that would have been an actual tie and neither of us would have won. That does happen in Marvel Snap, just not often.

In tie-breaker situations, the winner is the one who’s won their location by the largest lead. And that’s what you need to know about how tie-breakers work in Marvel Snap.

For more about about Marvel Snap, check out what Spotlight Caches are.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article NU Carnival Bliss Codes (April 2024)
NU Carnival Bliss Official Summer Art
Read Article Rapid Rumble Codes (April 2024)
Promo image for Rapid Rumble.
Read Article Fishing Simulator Codes (April 2024)
Promo image for Fishing Simulator.
Related Content
Read Article NU Carnival Bliss Codes (April 2024)
NU Carnival Bliss Official Summer Art
Read Article Rapid Rumble Codes (April 2024)
Promo image for Rapid Rumble.
Read Article Fishing Simulator Codes (April 2024)
Promo image for Fishing Simulator.
Author
Chris McMullen
Chris McMullen is a freelance contributor at The Escapist and has been with the site since 2020. He returned to writing about games following several career changes, with his most recent stint lasting five-plus years. He hopes that, through his writing work, he settles the karmic debt he incurred by persuading his parents to buy a Mega CD. Outside of The Escapist, Chris covers news and more for GameSpew. He's also been published at such sites as VG247, Space, and more. His tastes run to horror, the post-apocalyptic, and beyond, though he'll tackle most things that aren't exclusively sports-based. At Escapist, he's covered such games as Infinite Craft, Lies of P, Starfield, and numerous other major titles.