We Are Our Avatars VI (Closed for Good)

 Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 642 NEXT
 

"I'm fucking dandy." the man said calmly. He turned to Lyra, then glanced at Steiner, who was still charging the enemy.
"Your friend seems to have a different idea. Would you like me to collect him?"

The woman quickly dashes her way into cover, still fumbling with her PDA. The ATV she rode on suddenly dispersed back into data and flowed back into her device as she quickly scrambled the menus again, looking for something.

Tao heard the gunfire and recognized it as being trouble. "That sounds bad, meow." she said as she looked around, becoming a bit worried.

Echo also noticed the gunfire and remembered what it meant, so she tried to find herself some cover, mainly trying to stay out of sight.

OOC: Last post.

As Jessica heard gunfire, she immediately ducked her head down and crouched. Oh damn! Why are they shooting? I didn't do anything! She teleported behind Cynane's cart for cover, then continued to cower behind it. Don't panic, don't panic! Maybe they didn't see you. Oh God, what did I get myself into?!

Dal'Sheed shot two of the soldiers, one with each shot. Seeing this and John begin firing on them, the soldier move to take caver, backing away from Steiner.

The soldier from the communication tent comes out. "Message sent, sir."
"Good follow me. The rest of you, form up and kill those people.

The soldier follows his commander towards the young man and the mech. Unable to move or hear the soldiers coming up behind him, due to defending against the mech's continuous fire, he is unable to defend against them.

The remaining 5 soldiers take defensive postions behind cover and continue firing upon the intruders. One throws a grenade into the location of Cynane.

Cynane glanced at the man in the handcuffs in between gunshots striking the cliff wall.
"He's fine. Apparently." She glanced at Dal'Sheed momentarily and then looked out into the open, then ducked back as another bullet struck the rock.
"Shit! Alright. Alright, they obviously mean to kill us. Its just self defence, right?" She said, more to reassure herself than anything, then leaned out of cover and fired. The bowgun's rate of fire was extremely slow, at about two shots every three seconds, but the shells were massive, and the gunshots sounded like cannonfire in the narrow canyon. Her shots went way over the enemy's heads though, and she ducked back into cover as they returned fire. When she leaned out, she accidentally kicked the grenade that one of the men had thrown, and it rolled away from her a bit. She didn't even recognise it for what it was.

Stripe honked in panic and thrashed in the cart's rigging as the guns went off around them. Amazingly, he didn't take any hits, and even when struck by ricochets, they bounced off his tough hide.

TrilbyWill:
"I'm fucking dandy." the man said calmly. He turned to Lyra, then glanced at Steiner, who was still charging the enemy.
"Your friend seems to have a different idea. Would you like me to collect him?"

"here drink this, it will ease the pain" he says as he hands him a tiny bottle

OOC: Are we not doing the grouping system @Salt?

Random berk:
Cynane glanced at the man in the handcuffs in between gunshots striking the cliff wall.
"He's fine. Apparently." She glanced at Dal'Sheed momentarily and then looked out into the open, then ducked back as another bullet struck the rock.
"Shit! Alright. Alright, they obviously mean to kill us. Its just self defence, right?" She said, more to reassure herself than anything, then leaned out of cover and fired. The bowgun's rate of fire was extremely slow, at about two shots every three seconds, but the shells were massive, and the gunshots sounded like cannonfire in the narrow canyon. Her shots went way over the enemy's heads though, and she ducked back into cover as they returned fire. When she leaned out, she accidentally kicked the grenade that one of the men had thrown, and it rolled away from her a bit. She didn't even recognise it for what it was.

Stripe honked in panic and thrashed in the cart's rigging as the guns went off around them. Amazingly, he didn't take any hits, and even when struck by ricochets, they bounced off his tough hide.

"of course" he says as he fires off another couple of rounds

The man watched as a soldier fiddled with something, then tossed it at the group near to him.
"Oh fucking cocks."
He dived forward, landing on top of the grenade, and braced himself for the second explosion to go off next to him in a matter of minutes.

OOC: Still writing up the character sheet, but I should probably mention that this character is effectively immortal (he has an accelerated healing factor).

Dal'Sheed covered, reloaded, and fired two more shots at individual soldiers.

OoC: @Outis: Not at this time. This is more or less to introduce my OC and the world, as well as see how everyone reacts. The next fight will be grouped. ;)

Lyra, deciding she had helped all those that she could, moved down to help the others. She quickly unslung her rifle and began looking for targets, eventually settling on the mech. She fired quickly, aiming for center mass.

Steiner showing quite an impressive speed for a man in his armour, goes up to one of the soldiers and slashes at him with his sword

As she finally finds what she wants on her overlay, the woman hits build again and a small RPG-7 launcher is constructed. She swings out of cover and takes a moment to aim straight for the mech's rocket pack before firing.

Tao, not understanding what was going on at the moment, got behind cover as well, landing where Jessica was. "This got crazy really fast, meow." she said to herself.

Echo stayed behind the cover she had already chosen. cowering in fear.

Overlooking the battle, Loki noticed several other people opted to stay out of the battle. Not everyone is one for making rash decision, it would seem. he thought, looking around, not bothering to do so silently, as the gunfire did more then enough to drown out any sound he was making. His eyes first fell to the woman with the with the cat ears, hiding behind the cart pulled by the large reptillian beast. He wondered if he should approach her or not, but decided against doing so upon seeing the beast trash around, not feeling like being trampled. His gaze then shifted to the rustling of leaves not all too far from where he was standing. Although he couldn't see who it was who was hiding there, it stood to reason the leaves weren't moving the way they did on their own. His smile slightly increasing, Loki wandered over to the bushes with long strides, crouching down besides the bushes before finally becoming visible again.

"Do not be alarmed." he stated to make his pressence known.

The woman braved another glimpse at the battlefield from the relative safety of her cover. Her eyes nearly bugged out seeing all the different things each member of the group was using, specially the technology. She wanted to run, but her legs were jelly at this point refusing to move. Her brain was trying desperately to piece together what was happening.

OoC: Hey guys. Sorry it took so long for me to join up, kinda had an issue or two. I'm only gonna be here for an hour or two. You guys think I should jump in regardless, and if so, who with?

Jessica looked up as she noticed someone land hear where she was cowering. "You're damn right it did! Why are they trying to kill us?" She shouted out, not really bothering to look to see who was speaking. She attempted to peek out of cover to see what was happening, but just as she did a bullet struck the side of the cart, inches away from her face, so she quickly ducked back down and decided to not try that again.

OOC: I'm gonna get something to eat now. So just assume Jessica will keep cowering until I get back.

Gearhead mk2:
OoC: hey guys. Sorry it took so long for me to join up, kinda had an issue or two. I'm only gonna be here for an hour or two. You guys think I should jump in regardless, and if so, who with?

OOC: If you want to jump in, then do. If you don't then stop messing around.

Laguna. Use Laguna. He'd probably be best to begin with.

Random berk:

Gearhead mk2:
OoC: hey guys. Sorry it took so long for me to join up, kinda had an issue or two. I'm only gonna be here for an hour or two. You guys think I should jump in regardless, and if so, who with?

OOC: If you want to jump in, then do. If you don't then stop messing around.

OoC: ...ok then. I'll just join in tommorow. Sorry for interupting.

Loki appearing beside her, regardless of announcing his presence or not was met with a swift punch to the face. For how she looked, and her frame under her clothes looking rather petite, she did have pretty decent arm. "Where did you come from Loki. Speak!" She shouted, more startled than anything.

Gearhead mk2:

Random berk:

Gearhead mk2:
OoC: hey guys. Sorry it took so long for me to join up, kinda had an issue or two. I'm only gonna be here for an hour or two. You guys think I should jump in regardless, and if so, who with?

OOC: If you want to jump in, then do. If you don't then stop messing around.

OoC: ...ok then. I'll just join in tommorow. Sorry for interupting.

OOC: I'd pretty much call that messing around. Look, you've wanted to join in as long as any of us. So do. Use Laguna, because he'd work well to start with, and you enjoy using him.

The grenade exploded, sending out shrapnel to anyone nearby.

Stiener, surprisingly enough, had managed to avoid getting hit as the soldiers were more focused on the mass of the group and those firing upon them. He managed to kill one soldier.

As another, upon seeing the armored man, began to aim at him, he was hit by John's fire.

Dal'Sheed managed to wound one soldier, but another was protected by his cover.

Lyra and Vanessa's fire managed to damage the mech and make it cease it's firing long enough for the Young man to drop his shield and move on where he spotted the Commander and soldier coming to flank him.
"Get-"

Before the Commander spoke another word, he and the soldier where dead, electricity flowing through their bodies as the man's sword cracked with electricity, a small blue design visible on the blade.

As this went on, several people appeared behind the group, led by a somewhat older man, in his 30's with brown hair and brown eyes. He was surprised to see all the people in the group, but seeing that they were under attack as well, gave orders to the 5 men following him. "Assist Savranth and these people. We must end this conflict quickly and report back to the General!"

Following his orders, the men quickly moved into the camp. One held up his hand and created a whirlwind to push back the soldier that Dal'Sheed wounded. Another managed to make his way into the camp behind another holding up his hand creating an invisible shield, and taking a chance punched a soldier in the face, leaving him badly hurt as though hit by a brick. Each man made their way as a unit, working together.

"If you people are wounded stay calm and we can help."

Enemies
2 soldiers
1 Severely damaged Mech

Random berk:
OOC: I'd pretty much call that messing around. Look, you've wanted to join in as long as any of us. So do. Use Laguna, because he'd work well to start with, and you enjoy using him.

OoC:No, it's allright. I do want to join in, but like I said, I only have an hour or two right now, and @Drak agreed with me when I said in the group chat that wasn't really time to introduce a character and build them up to any reasonable extent. I'll join in tommorow, you guys have fun for now.

Cynane gaped in shock at seeing the grenade exploding beneath the man with the handcuffs, blowing him apart. She was splattered with shrapnel, but her armour didn't sustain any damage and kept her safe. She stumbled back from the remains, shellshocked by the explosions and gunfire.

OOC: @Gear Right. I'll accept that. But for the love of Christ, do join in tomorrow! If you have qualms about it, don't even mention them! Just join in, and it will get more fun, as it does almost every time you give it a chance. Got it?

Upon being struck on the face, Loki grunted and reeled back slightly. Eventhough she had more strength then one would expect from someone so slight, he wasn't hurt much "You have a strange idea of not being alarmed." he remarked, rubbing the bridge of his nose with the thumb and index finger of his left hand, his tone of voice showing annoyance as he was almost tempted to strike the woman down where she stood. "And you would do well to lower your voice. This noise will only mask the noise you make so much. Or do you wish to be found by those soldier?" he added, almost with a hiss.
He briefly cast a glance at the other soldier, appearing; ones sharing similar armour end equipment to the one with the sword.

"Let's just hope that man's miracle healing can work out being dismembered." He said while reloading. Any schrapnel from the explosion would have a hard time penetrating his armor. He took two more ducking, reloading, and firing rounds.

OoC: @Berk Yes sir! *salute*

"Tao doesn't know, meow. But we had better stay down if we don't want to get killed." Tao said as she stayed low to the ground.

Echo continued doing what she had been doing.

OOC: @Gear Alright then. Carry on. *Salutes back.*

"Mir...miracle healing? What?" Cynane stammered at Dal'Sheed, still staring at the remains, her bowgun clasped against her chest in both hands.

As the grenade exploded, the woman couldn't get back into cover fast enough and shrapnel cut up her coat, an arm and a leg of hers. She cries out in pain as she drags herself back into cover, dispelling the launcher and allowing the data to flow back into her device. Despite the pain she was in, she took an interested look at the young man's sword arcing electricity. Interesting... I wonder if boosters exist in this dimension as well. I'd feel a lot more at home... not that I don't now... She winces as she goes back to the menus.

Lyra took aim at the mech again, this time firing at the knees, hoping to keep it in place for a closer encounter.

 Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 642 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked